List your IVF Successes here

I've been meaning to simply say THANK YOU for this thread. I check back often to read more replies. This thread has been so helpful, thank you to everyone who has added. I too, hope that I can soon add my own success story!!

8 days into my 2WW and I've got period like cramps and slight bleeding. No doubt about it, the witch is on her way. Looks like my fertility journey is over. This was our 2nd attempt and we had no embies to freeze and we cannot afford private treatment. I'm too devastated to even cry.

So so sorry myboo! I do hope its something else and not AF. Will you test, just to be sure?

Good luck W8ing4ours!!

Myboo - I'm sorry u think AF is coming. Are you 8DPT or 8DP collection? Could it be implantation bleeding? (I hope so) x

Hi Isi and Please, the spotting has stopped but that's what usually happens each month. I'm almost too scared to hope it could be implantation bleeding. I've got the backache, headache etc that I usually get each month. I tested when spotting started but it was way too early on 7-8 dp3dt. I'll test on Friday night if period doesn't show. (I thought the progesterone pessaries were supposed to stop period from breaking through ?)

Hello - I am 14 days after EC and have (somehow) managed to hold off from testing until today. I'm surprised but really, really pleased that after 2 years and 4 months of TTC I got a :bfp: Shocked is an understatement since I had no symptoms until 2 days ago when I had trapped wind and af cramps which didn't look good!

Am keeping my fingers crossed that this is a sticky bean as have been here once before (naturally) and it ended with a m/c.

This is my first time using ICSI and it worked! I had a 5 day early blast transfer. Reason for ICSI was poor sperm morphology and motility.

Still can't quite believe it! It can happen!

I cant believe I am filling this in... I want to say a massive THANKYOU to all of you who have given me hope... I hope this gives others hope. It is very early days but now I know it DOES work.. I am more hopeful for the future xx

Name:Emma
How long TTC: 18 months
Diagnosis or any known issues: DH low morphology 3%, poor motility
Treatments you tried before IVF: None (ICSI)
How many IVF did you do before success: 1st
Are you using donor eggs or sperm: No
Protocol (meds taken): Long protocol, suprecur then Gonal F 150
How many follicles at ER: Didn't ask
How many eggs retrieved: 16 (14 mature)
How many eggs fertilized: 9
How many days between ER and ET: 5
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 1 early blast.. told me it was a slow grower, I was in tears !
How many days bed rest: None, chilled but went out for lunch the following day and back to work on the monday
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: Twinges below my belly button 2 days after transfer. 3 days post symptoms was convinced Af was on its way, kept checking all day and cried non stop... went out, had a glass of wine and loads of food banned in pregnancy!
What day you got your BFP: 11dp5dt using First Response... thought I was seeing things, went on to take 10 more tests!!!
Number of first beta: Don't know
Number of babies: Not sure yet, only 1 transferred so sure one unless we have identical twins!!
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process: I took the advice from the many lovely ladies on this thread and mentally prepared for the injections, scans, collection etc. What I did not think about was the daily calls post collection, these sent me around the twist and into a meltdown. I think we can cope with IVF/ICSI as long as we are prepared every step of the way!! The process is not so bad, would do it again and so worth it when you get that BFP!However, next time inject down reg at night, felt so tired following my 7.30am injections so would do so at night so that you are asleep!!

Good luck... the second week flies... just listen to your body, eat loads of protein, drink milk every day and LOADS of water... get stocked up!x:thumbup:

This looks like a good list of questions! Hope it helps someone.

Name: Michelle
How long TTC: 26 months
Diagnosis or any known issues: PCOS and poor morphology and motility of sperm
Treatments you tried before IVF: Clomid for 6 months
How many IVF did you do before success: None before
Are you using donor eggs or sperm: No
Protocol (meds taken): Suprecur to down-reg. I did this for 27 days before stims started since I went abroad for 3 weeks. Stims were 112.5 of gonal-f for 6 days which was then increased to 150 gonal-f for another 13 days! There were lots of follicles but they were slow growers.
How many follicles at ER: 40 due to PCOS!
How many eggs retrieved: 11
How many eggs fertilized: 8
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 1 early blast and 2 frozen
How many days bed rest: lazed around on the day of et but straight back to work the next day
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: No symptoms except trapped wind and af type cramps in last couple of days
What day you got your BFP: resisted testing until 14dpo
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process: How much pain I would have after EC and how much water I would need to drink!

Good luck to all you lovely ladies!

Hello ladies, bleeding has continued and I've felt terrible all day and in the end took to my bed with my dog this afternoon. This evening I went to Sainsbury's to get some stuff for dinner and cynically picked up at HPT and a packet of Always. I've just tested and got a BFP!!!! Do you think I can trust this. It was a Sainsbury's Digital. I'm 10 dp3dt. Will the fertility drugs be out of my system?

yes! they would be gone by now!!!! wooot! stick little bean! xx

Spoke to nurse at the clinic on the phone today as still concerned about bleeding and cramping which does not feel at all normal. It was not at all a reassuring conversation. She said to hold on and wait until Friday to test (my official testing day). If still bleeding and it's positive, I can pay to have the blood test to confirm. She said it might be normal, but then again I might be losing this early pregnancy. I'm beside myself.

I cannot believe I am adding to this thread, I have literally dreamnt of this moment!

Name:Jill
How long TTC:4+ years
Diagnosis or any known issues: DH very low count and poor morph and motility
Treatments you tried before IVF:2 failed double IUIs
How many IVF did you do before success:1st one!!!!
Are you using donor eggs or sperm: nope
Protocol (meds taken):BCPs, Z pack, Lupron, Menopur and Brevelle, more antibiotics, then progesterone and fish oil injections and estrogen patches
How many follicles at ER: 16
How many eggs retrieved:12
How many eggs fertilized:10
How many days between ER and ET:5 days
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred:2 150 celled blastocysts transferred
How many days bed rest:2 full days and then very lazy for a week
Symptoms or issues during 2WW:YES! Everyone thought I was crazy, but I have been exhausted, falling asleep right after work, etc. Also, weird cramping really low that only lasts a few seconds, heartburn, and having to get up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom!
What day you got your BFP: Well I took an HPT 3 days ago (6 days past 5 day transfer) and it was positive, but I didnt believe it until the Dr verified with a blood test today
HPT before blood test:yes, I couldn't wait!
Number of first beta:188
Number of babies: I don't know yet, feeling maybe 2!! :)
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process:A few things...1. This blog is amazing and the women here have been so helpful 2. IVF is really hard, not just physically, which it is!, but also emotionally, I can't explain how drained I feel, even today after hearing the fabulous news!!! 3. Don't give up. I have charted and taken my temperature and did cycles with clomid (which made me crazy) and I went through two failed IUI cycles and literally took over 100 HPTs in the last 4 years. Today, it ALL feels worth it. I'm hoping this baby (or babies) are healthy and that they stick!!! Baby dust to you all!!!

Praying for you myboo!! I pray with all my heart that its just old blood, and that your baby is fine. Please keep us posted.

Congrats W8ing!!!

Hi Ladies, this 1st my 1st time on this site, but saw this thread and thought that i would repkly to let you know how i got on.

Name: Victoria
How long TTC: 12 months
Diagnosis or any known issues: Me PCOS (know since teenager) DP low count, morphology and motility
Treatments you tried before IVF: nothing
How many IVF did you do before success: We had ICSI, worked 1st cycle
Are you using donor eggs or sperm: no
Protocol (meds taken): buserelin, gonal f, cyclogest
How many follicles at ER: 30
How many eggs retrieved: 13
How many eggs fertilized: 7
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 2 grade a blasts
How many days bed rest: took thew whole 2ww off work and chilled
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: nothing
What day you got your BFP: 11 days post transfer
HPT before blood test: did pee stick no blood test
Number of first beta: n/a
Number of babies: 2
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process:

I am currently 9 weeks and 3 days now with twins, have seen them a few times at the clinic where we had the treatment, i am not under the care of gp and midwife and awaiting 12 week scan.

Victoria

Congrats Victoria and W8ing4ours!

Keeping everything crossed for you Myboo!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->