List your IVF Successes here

Love this thread! I am starting IVF in August and love seeing all the success stories :) keep them coming ladies!

Love this thread! I am starting IVF in August and love seeing all the success stories :) keep them coming ladies!

Sunshine, what a cool profile pic! Where is that? Do you know when you start all your meds and stuff? I'm going in at the end of July for my consult, but probably wont' be able to start the IVF process until September, since we'll be on vacay during my fertile time in August. Bummer, because I would have preferred to do this in the summer while I'm not teaching! Oh well. One more month to try naturally and pray for a miracle, right? :shrug:

Sunshine, what a cool profile pic! Where is that? Do you know when you start all your meds and stuff? I'm going in at the end of July for my consult, but probably wont' be able to start the IVF process until September, since we'll be on vacay during my fertile time in August. Bummer, because I would have preferred to do this in the summer while I'm not teaching! Oh well. One more month to try naturally and pray for a miracle, right? :shrug:

Good luck with trying naturally Rosa. One of my friends had PCOS and was saving up money for IVF and got pregnant naturally after three years of trying (go figure). I know that isn't the norm, but you never know, maybe it can happen to you too.

My picture is taken in Ireland at a Castle...it was just gorgeous!!

As far as my meds..my stim start is set for August 8th. :)

Good luck with trying naturally Rosa. One of my friends had PCOS and was saving up money for IVF and got pregnant naturally after three years of trying (go figure). I know that isn't the norm, but you never know, maybe it can happen to you too.

My picture is taken in Ireland at a Castle...it was just gorgeous!!

As far as my meds..my stim start is set for August 8th. :)

I know, doesn't it always happen like that?! I had a friend, who was also trying for 2.5 years, was all set to start IVF, and boom. It happened naturally. Never say never. I have the tubes, they're just not in the greatest shape. Anything can happen!

Lovely picture! Is that a proposal? How awesome!

Hi all!
I'm doing the risk share guarantee program so I get up to three fresh cycles and unlimited frozen ones if I have frozen for 16K. If I don't end up with a live baby at the end of any of those I get 80% back. I'm actually at 100% saved now! Yay! So we have egg retrieval scheduled for August 7th. I started birth control pills yesterday and had my first bloods already.

BTW: I'm about to post some prices of fertility meds I called around for today on a new thread under assisted conception. Check it out if you would like.

Hi all!
I'm doing the risk share guarantee program so I get up to three fresh cycles and unlimited frozen ones if I have frozen for 16K. If I don't end up with a live baby at the end of any of those I get 80% back. I'm actually at 100% saved now! Yay! So we have egg retrieval scheduled for August 7th. I started birth control pills yesterday and had my first bloods already.

Oh I just asked if your insurance covers it on another thread. :blush: Good for YOU for saving up the money!!!! That's a great deal, too! Good luck!!

Hi everyone

Just belatedly adding in my info:-

Name: Pollydoodle
How long TTC: just under 2 years
Diagnosis or any known issues: Unexplained
Treatments you tried before IVF: None
How many IVF did you do before success: Worked on first attempt
Are you using donor eggs or sperm: No
Protocol (meds taken): Short protocol - menopur then ovridel for trigger (I think)
How many follicles at ER: loads (too many) - probably about 40!
How many eggs retrieved: 18
How many eggs fertilized: 15
How many days between ER and ET: 5
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: One 3AA embryo transferred - 4 frosties kept (not sure of grades but they are all blastocysts)
How many days bed rest: None really - lay down for a while when I got home after transfer, otherwise just taking it easy and lazing about the house for 4 or 5 days after transfer
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: No pregnancy symptoms at all (still none!) - was slightly overstimulated, so had a few OHSS type symptoms which abated a few days after ER and then resurfaced again about 5 or 6 days after transfer (and continued for quite a few weeks) .
What day you got your BFP: 14 days after ER
HPT before blood test: No - resisted!
Number of first beta: 147
Number of babies: 1
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process: That the injections would be totally fine, and the treatment itself was OK - it was quite uncomfortable for me due to the overstimulation but if I hadn't had that it would have been quite straightforward. Most important thing is to try to stay relaxed (recommend Zita West IVF relaxation/visualisation CD) and believe that it will work for you.

Good luck
Pxx

Congrats Polly!

I hope to post here soon. I'm still a little nervous to get ahead of myself. I have a scan tomorrow. If we see a heartbeat, I will post my numbers/stats/info!

Good luck to everyone cycling!

Great thread-I am currently down regging on first cycle IVF for unexplained infertility and I so hope that I am lucky enough to get to post my success on here one day-congrats to all those who have been lucky already! x x x

Name:Tory
How long TTC: 5 Years
Diagnosis or any known issues: Low AMH, PCOS and DH Slow
Treatments you tried before IVF: 6 Clomid, 3 IUI,
How many IVF did you do before success: 2 (Got lucky second time)
Protocol (meds taken): Down reg and Gonal F
How many follicles at ER: Approx 20
How many eggs retrieved: 15
How many eggs fertilized: 3
How many days between ER and ET: 2
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts: 2 day transferred: 4 Cell grade 1 and 1/2
How many days bed rest: 2 not complete bed rest
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: Felt AF coming for 5 days and bloating
What day you got your BFP: 12PO
HPT before blood test: yes
Number of first beta: 942
Number of babies: 2
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process: That it can happen stay positive. Just because the first might not of worked doesn't mean later trys won't. I thought the worrying would stop when I got my BFP but realise it has just only began.

Congrats Tory!

Ok, I'm ready to post. I know it's early days -- but whatever happens, happens! Gotta enjoy it every day!

Name: Kate
How Long TTC: 1.5 years
Diagnosis or any known issues: Unexplained infertility
Treatments you tried before IVF: 4 IUIs (3 with clomid, one with follistim)
How many IVF did you do before success: 1st time lucky!!!
Protocol (meds taken): Antagon protocol/Ganirelix Protocol; BCPs 3 1/2 weeks, no down regging, then Follistim and Menopur; Added in Ganirelix after 4 days of stims;
How many follicles at ER: Not sure, at least 12 or more
How many eggs retrieved: 11
How many eggs fertilized: 7
How many days between ER and ET: 3
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts: Transferred 2, 8-cell A quality embryos. We froze 5 embryos - all of which were 7-8 cells on day 3, and A or B quality.
How many days bed rest: No strict bed rest, but took it easy the first day, and really for the remainder of the wait (11 days)
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: Felt a LOT of AF-like cramps a few days before the beta; Felt very emotional starting at 7 dpo (4dp3dt)
What day you got your BFP: 14dpo (11dp3dt)
HPT before blood test: Hell NO!!
Number of first beta: 99
Number of babies: 1
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process: That even if you think it didn't work, it can. You just have to wait for the test results. That the 2WW was harder than I thought it would be - it is very emotionally draining. That I wouldn't feel as bloated/uncomfortable during stims as I'd anticipated. That quality is more important than quantity of embryos. That you can have bleeding in early pregnancy, especially after IVF, and it can be absolutely fine! That the egg retrieval was totally manageable - it was the anticipation that was the worst!

Glad to see you posted on here kaylakin! Hope ur scan went well, I'm finally pupo with one. Only one made it to blast :/ just hoping for the best now. Love reading this thread!

Holly - I read your progress on the other thread - as you can see, I'm too scared to leave this board, lol! I'm so glad you're PUPO and it sounds like it was great quality! That's all you need, one good one! It really is true with IVF. I had 2 transferred but on day 3. My doc said he would have only done 1 if I'd gone to a day 5 transfer. So, I think you are right on track with where you are! Plus, the benefits of going later are that you do weed out the embryos and now the strongest little one is inside you! My scan went well, thanks for asking! Congrats again on being PUPO - how do you plan to pass the time? Going to work for part of it? All of it?

Haha, no worries, this is the thread u belong too!
Does make me feel better to see all the success stories. Also even though im worried about egg quality and transferring late i guess if he says its good quality thats all i should focus on.
Sigh - ive been off work since egg collection last Thursday and not going back till Monday. The boredom just hit me today, but Friday and the weekend my husband has off so hopefully he can entertain me. It's my bday Friday so we will go out and i have a wedding saturday. Hopefully next week work will keep me occupied till test day!

Paisley,
Aw, I hope you have a good time on your Bday and it makes the time pass. I know it's virtually impossible to not think about it, but distractions are a good thing. The good thing about transferring late is that it's less of a wait until the beta right?
Each doctor has his/her own ideas as for what is best - and it is so hard to trust them. I remember wishing I had a 5 day transfer, but I had a 3 day transfer. I also remember being upset that they froze them on day 3 as well.. I thought he'd wait until day 5. However, everything worked out well - and I really hope it goes well for you too!

Btw, I re-read my post, and I called you Holly. I have no idea where that came from, lmao. I think I pulled that out of my a** HAHA! I was thinking Paisley and must have typed Holly.. weird...

Best of luck for the rest of your wait!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->