List your IVF Successes here

Lol I was confused at first but then figured id just go with it...preggo brain already?! ;)
I know what u mean about trusting the Drs, I dunno why we think we know more than them loll...bday was pretty good, started off the morning with an ultrasound and bloodwork to check progesterone estradiol etc...my official beta isn't till 8/8 a Monday, but I'm thinking I'll do a pregnancy test that weekend just so I'm prepared at work. Time seems to be dragging but one more week where I'll be busy at work hopefully won't be too bad.

Lol I was confused at first but then figured id just go with it...preggo brain already?! ;)
I know what u mean about trusting the Drs, I dunno why we think we know more than them loll...bday was pretty good, started off the morning with an ultrasound and bloodwork to check progesterone estradiol etc...my official beta isn't till 8/8 a Monday, but I'm thinking I'll do a pregnancy test that weekend just so I'm prepared at work. Time seems to be dragging but one more week where I'll be busy at work hopefully won't be too bad.

I thought your blood test was next Friday. It's monday the 8th?

What are the progesterone suppositories like? Are they terrible? Ummm...in the front or back? :blush: :haha:

Yea the sheet he gave me said 12 days after transfer, which would be Friday but today he gave me something to get my bloodwork done on 8/8
Lol suppositories aren't bad, just kinda annoying, they go in the front lol, and u will def need to wear a pantyliner at all times! Plus lay down for 10-20 Mins after putting it in. I was worried about it at first cuz I didn't know how to put anything up there LOL, but it's pretty easy

Yea the sheet he gave me said 12 days after transfer, which would be Friday but today he gave me something to get my bloodwork done on 8/8
Lol suppositories aren't bad, just kinda annoying, they go in the front lol, and u will def need to wear a pantyliner at all times! Plus lay down for 10-20 Mins after putting it in. I was worried about it at first cuz I didn't know how to put anything up there LOL, but it's pretty easy

Gross. Like ALL the way up? Is there an applicator like Monistat? Sounds like a fab time. Once a day? (PLEASE don't say twice a day...)

Haha as far up as u can get I guess. I think some ppl use applicators but the meds don't come with any. I thought that might be more painful? And yes, unfortunately, twice a day lol...but that'll be after transfer, youll get used to it :) fun stuff lol

Glad your bday went well. Happy Birthday!

I have used progesterone suppos. Before. The stuff is yucky. I only had to do it once a day til my beta came in. My friend took them til she was twelve or sixteen weeks pregnant.she felt yucky all the time. They made me tired and sleepy.

Glad your bday went well. Happy Birthday!

I have used progesterone suppos. Before. The stuff is yucky. I only had to do it once a day til my beta came in. My friend took them til she was twelve or sixteen weeks pregnant.she felt yucky all the time. They made me tired and sleepy.

It doesn't sound fun. 12-16 weeks?! :saywhat:

Haha as far up as u can get I guess. I think some ppl use applicators but the meds don't come with any. I thought that might be more painful? And yes, unfortunately, twice a day lol...but that'll be after transfer, youll get used to it :) fun stuff lol

Ugh. Well, okay. For how long? Just until the beta, or for the first trimester?!

Def till the beta, then i think he'll prob see what ur levels are and decide if u stay on suppositories or what...but prob for first trimester. For IVF he has me on the suppositories twice a day but all progesterone in oil shots nightly.

Def till the beta, then i think he'll prob see what ur levels are and decide if u stay on suppositories or what...but prob for first trimester. For IVF he has me on the suppositories twice a day but all progesterone in oil shots nightly.

So, you had suppositories AND prog shots? Ugh. Whatever it takes, though, right? Doesn't seem fair sometimes that some women have to do none of this crap.

My advice with the progesterone is do the shots for as long as possible. I did mine until 12 weeks. You can't hurt anything by having too much, its good to make sure the pregnancy can be supported, esp with twins.

I stopped the shots and did the suppositories at 7 weeks for just 1 day and started to spot. I rang doc and went back on the POI asap!

Take the suppositories/shots. I had the suppositories for 10 weeks.

My advice with the progesterone is do the shots for as long as possible. I did mine until 12 weeks. You can't hurt anything by having too much, its good to make sure the pregnancy can be supported, esp with twins.

I stopped the shots and did the suppositories at 7 weeks for just 1 day and started to spot. I rang doc and went back on the POI asap!

Yikes! How scary! Glad everything worked out.

Take the suppositories/shots. I had the suppositories for 10 weeks.

10 weeks into the pregnancy? Did you suppositories AND shots for that long? Are those shots big, or the little ones?

They look bigger than the rest but aren't bad. Also I feel like a lot of the suppositories comes out sometimes, atleast with the shots u know it's in there!

Gross. Like ALL the way up? Is there an applicator like Monistat? Sounds like a fab time. Once a day? (PLEASE don't say twice a day...)

Hi, just adding my two cents ! I use the gel - I guess it is considered a suppository. You stick it up there, and squeeze the end so that the gel comes out. The nurse told me it was like Monistat but I'd never used that so I didn't have anything to compare it to. But, yes there is an applicator. I only have to use it once a day, but everyone's prescriptions are different. My doc said the gel and the PIO shots are equally effective. Anyway, just wanted to share my experience! I've had no issues so far, I just wear a liner every day -- but I prefer it to a shot... At this point, it goes so quickly, it's almost as quick as putting a tampon in - I don't wait after I put it in because I've been fine so far. But, I have heard of people lying down for 10 minutes after. Whatever the doc says I suppose!

Good luck!

Thanks, kaylakin. I'll def ask my doc about an applicator of some kind, and ask about the different options there are. I'd prefer that.

Paisley,
12 days post transfer seems so long especially since you had a 6-day transfer. By that time you will be technically 18 dpo, right? I didn't test early before my beta, but if I had to wait like you do, I think I would as well --- just to know!
Yes, time just drags on, doesn't it? I think work will help you pass the time. I hope your little embie is snuggling in deep right about now..
Good luck!

BE, are you going to test early? Is your beta later because they're not open on the weekend? I honestly don't know how I could not test, but I HATE bfns, so I'm not sure which is worse. Do they call you to tell you, or tell you on the spot?

Yes I feel like my beta is so late! But the clinic is not open on weekends so maybe that is why? Plus I was thinking that maybe since it was at blast stage late maybe he thinks it'll need a little more time to get to all the stages?? I'm not sure but i have seen other ppl start testing 6 days after transfer etc, I'm not going to test that early, but I def will test on saturday or Sunday because I don't want to find out at work if it's negative. That would be horrible, so i guess monday is fine, I'll do my own test with hubby to prepare myself and then confirm with my Monday beta. Did any of you have symptoms or can I chalk them all up to progesterone?? Hate how it mimics the symptoms!! I feel dizzy sometimes, AF like cramps, a bit of fullness or bloat down there. But I'm on the progesterone and estradiol so who knows...hard not to think and google all day!!

O and rosa my bloodwork is done outside of the office for insurance reasons so I guess they'd call me when it comes in, so nervewracking!!

I'm success so far - first ICSI and now 7 weeks :) very nervous though. My first scan isn't until next week and I'm not sure I'm convinced that there's something in there!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->