List your IVF Successes here

I'm thinking of startin to take coq10 but dpnt no how much xx

Hi, I'm back! Here to post my 2nd ICSI success :)

Name: JaniceT
How long TTC: 7 months after delivering my 1st baby.
Diagnosis or any known issues: PCO and male factor.
Treatments you tried before IVF: Mesa/Tesa, vasectomy reversal.
How many IVF did you do before success: 3rd cycle got my #1. 4th cycle got my current pregnancy.
Are you using donor eggs or sperm: No
Protocol (meds taken): short protocol. Took gonal-f, metformin, Ventolin to calm down my uterus because it was showing mild contractions before Egg retrieval, some injections after EC can't remember the name, a few other medicines to prevent OHSS. it really worked! Zero swelling!
How many follicles at ER: 55+ (some serious PCO + natural phenomena of increased fertility within a year of giving birth)
How many eggs retrieved: 49
How many eggs fertilized: 15
How many days between ER and ET: 2
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 4 total. 2 good, 2 average. All 4 cells.
How many days bed rest: 1 week
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: very different from 1 st pregnancy. I had nausea, a lot of cramping, yellow CM, implantation bleeding at 13 dpo.
What day you got your BFP: 10dpo
HPT before blood test: yes.
Number of first beta: 478 on 15dpo
Number of babies: Twins!!
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process: No. Been through enough cycles to know what to do.

Sure!

Inositol
Co Q-10
Melatonin
DHEA

Hi! I've read about the possibilities for the melatonin, dhea, and inositol. Interesting that your RE had you start them. I've been taking the coq10 for a while and toying with the idea of taking one or some/all of the other 3. I had a very low response to stims my first ivf cycle and have poor ov (sometimes anovulatory) despite "normal" hormone levels and apparent bbt shift etc. Did your doc explain why he thought these would help you? My hesitancy comes in b/c like for the dhea, specifically, if your body doesn't really NEED it, it can have a very negative affect on everything.

on DHEA
https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2010/07/100701145535.htm

Sure!

Inositol
Co Q-10
Melatonin
DHEA

Hi! I've read about the possibilities for the melatonin, dhea, and inositol. Interesting that your RE had you start them. I've been taking the coq10 for a while and toying with the idea of taking one or some/all of the other 3. I had a very low response to stims my first ivf cycle and have poor ov (sometimes anovulatory) despite "normal" hormone levels and apparent bbt shift etc. Did your doc explain why he thought these would help you? My hesitancy comes in b/c like for the dhea, specifically, if your body doesn't really NEED it, it can have a very negative affect on everything.

I had a fine response, but the quality of my eggs weren't great. So, does that mean I'm a poor-responder?? Who knows. :shrug: My ovaries are a bit older than me, says my RE, and he said these supplements "might" help with egg quality. After a few u/s and weeks of taking them, he says my ovaries look great and that the supplements must be helping. :dance: He didn't ever go into the details of the supplements, just told me that they might help and how much to take. I wouldn't take anything without his saying so, but definitely ask your RE about them.

Congrats JaniceT! I'm hoping to have similar success story very soon!

I think twins too. I had twins last time and my betas weren't that high! x

Congrats JaniceT! I'm hoping to have similar success story very soon!

I think twins too. I had twins last time and my betas weren't that high! x

Thank you! Been feeling nausea since 3 weeks pregnant. What was your beta at 15dpo? I'm so sorry, saw your ticker that you lost a twin baby. It so sad, I have had a few friends who went through IVF and lost a twin too.

Wishing you a big positive in your future FET!

I have read SOOOO many of these over the last few years and even now cannot quite believe I am getting to complete my own!

How long TTC: 3 years
Diagnosis or any known issues: Adhesions/ileostomy
Treatments you tried before IVF: One year trying naturally, 6mths clomid
How many IVF did you do before success: 6 treatments
Protocol (meds taken): This was our first attempt at a Frozen Transfer. Always used suprecur and menopur on Long protocol. Short protocol caused fluid in uterus.
Immune meds: prednisolone, clexane, womb relaxant, progesterone pessaries, oestrogen, extra vits.....
How many follicles at ER: Loads usually (in 6 attempts)
How many eggs retrieved: Averaged about 8
How many eggs fertilized: About 85% usually
How many days between ER and ET: Blasts transferred
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: One good, one average
How many days bed rest: Only the day after transfer, then moved house!
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: No idea if the slight nausea, boob ache, etc were imagined or real...
What day you got your BFP: 19 dpt
HPT before blood test: Did a secret one at 5dp5dt and it was a dud. Took this as a sign to STOP IT!! and did no more until 14dp5dt (still had not begun to spot and was beginning to hope...) when we got a clear +ve!!!
Number of first beta: No blood test done
Number of babies: One
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process: It WILL happen. It just might take longer than it does for other people, and that sucks. Also frozen transfers work better for us than fresh ones.

So happy to hear of these frozen transfer successes! I'm headed in this direction. Thanks!!! :winkwink:

Name: Katie1981
How long TTC: 3 years
Diagnosis or any known issues: 1 Blocked Tube and male factor.
Treatments you tried before IVF: None
How many IVF did you do before success: 1st time lucky
Protocol (meds taken): short protocol.
How many follicles at ER: 19
How many eggs retrieved: 17
How many eggs fertilized: 12
How many days between ER and ET: 5
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 1 top grade blast and 4 frosties
How many days bed rest: 2 Days self imposed, doctor said none.
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: Sore Boobs and Tired. Pulling feeling in stomach for two days from 2dpt
What day you got your BFP: 4dp5dt
HPT before blood test: No blood test
Number of first beta: 478 on 15dpo
Number of babies: 1
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process: The tww is so much harder and longer than I could have ever imagined but so worth it in the end.

Congrats to all the new BFP's keep them coming I love all this positive results :happydance:

Name: Carrie (Mrs C P)
How long TTC: 2.5 years
Diagnosis or any known issues: Unexplained although AMH 11.3
Treatments you tried before IVF: None
How many IVF did you do before success: 1st time lucky
Protocol (meds taken): short protocol.
How many follicles at ER: 8
How many eggs retrieved: 5
How many eggs fertilized: 4
How many days between ER and ET: 3
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: Not sure of official grading but two of them were poor and useless, and the other two were "fair" so not good or great - sorry dont know technical grading.
How many days bed rest: ET at about 10am, i stayed in bed all day, then the next day I stayed on sofa, after that, i pottered about for a couple of days but then i had the urge to clean and organise so was pretty active after that.
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: Sore Boobs until 11dp3dt and then it stopped completely, af cramps from about 7dp3dt, dizzy spells from 11dp3dt.
What day you got your BFP: 14dp3dt
HPT before blood test: No blood test
Number of first beta: Not available
Number of babies: dont know yet but had two transfered.
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process: TWW is horrible, I spent the whole time cleaning and organising ready for Christmas to try to take my mind of it.

good luck ladies!!!

Hi ladies.

I am currently 6dp2dt and during the night i had really bad cramps like af is on her way and today more mild cramps but strong twinges like sharp stabbing pains at times. I am so scared that af is coming! this is my 1st tx and i know the odds are against it working first time but i am just so worried about the result after this and i felt so positive.
Has anyone else had these things happen and go on to get their BFP?? Thanks xxx

Hi africaqueen, hope this is the positive for you!!! I am getting really excited for you. I had lots of cramping at 7dpo until around 12dpo. Stabbing pains also. So what you are experiencing sounds great!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->