List your IVF Successes here

You make a great point, tickledpink... If I'd known what I was in for, I might have chosen not to do it. Its so worth it after the fact though!

Funny, I feel just the opposite.

I would have done it 6 months earlier if I could have. And I'd do it again in a second if I had to (and could make it happen).

Even with the cost and the shots and the travel and the time off work (there isn't IVF where I live, so I had to travel 1500 miles from home and stay there for 2 weeks), I was just thrilled the whole time. I had 8 failed IUIs beforehand and it was awful -- I felt so demoralized and like there was no hope.

I was just so excited to move to IVF because I felt like it could actually work -- it was something that I could truly be hopeful about, and I hadn't felt that in a long, long time. Every time I gave myself I shot I felt like I was taking control and moving one step closer to finally having a baby.

That's true too... I did feel like I was doing something, finally. But, I think I got my hopes up so much with our failed IUI that I refused to believe that anything would EVER work after that. So, I felt like I was probably wasting my time the whole time I was going through it. I would probably feel differently if I went through it again for #2. I would have a lot more hope.

Girls, can I just ask, you mention 'how many days bed rest' in the IVF questions. Is this after the transfer?
Also, how did your employers deal with this? I'm worried my work are not going to be accommodating to time off sick as IVF is 'something i'm choosing to do' rather than an illness. Also, i'm doing my IVF in summer when a lot of people are off on holiday so I might not be able to take the time as holiday.
How did you handle it?

Thanks

Amanda xx

Yes, it was after the transfer. Some clinics just need you to rest that day and the day after as it still is a surgery and can be very painful (as in my case).

Not sure about the work question as I stopped working to work on having a baby. But I think most employers are understanding that infertility is not a choice that you made. The need and desire for children is natural and in our biology. My insurence considers infertility as an illness, but I see that work places do not yet. I hope you can get the time off hun! xx

I'm pretty sure you have rights at work to have time off for IVF treatment. I think even OH's do too as they gota do their part on the day too! ;)

Thanks girls. I have not approached work about it yet, as I have another appointment with FS before we start the IVF so ill know more about it then. I know infertility is an 'illness' but I think people who do not experience it do not fully appreciate how it is to have it.

Hopefully FX it will work first time so ill only have to worry for a short time!

Do you think worry is bad for the IVF process and can have a detrimental effect?

xxx

Thanks girls. I have not approached work about it yet, as I have another appointment with FS before we start the IVF so ill know more about it then. I know infertility is an 'illness' but I think people who do not experience it do not fully appreciate how it is to have it.

Hopefully FX it will work first time so ill only have to worry for a short time!

Do you think worry is bad for the IVF process and can have a detrimental effect?

xxx

I think it completely depends on where you work, my work are being fantastic, i had transfer on monday and was gonna go back to work today, but they told me to stay off the rest of the week with my feet up!! they do have to give you time off for appts and things, maybe after your appt if you have anyone who might be remotely sympathetic have a word with them.

stress does have an effect on fertility they say

good luck

I agree people do not understand or comprehend what we endure to have what should come naturally. Most ladies choose not to tell their work but it's personal preference I guess.

I don't think worrying helps, I don't think it has a detrimental effect though. I was worried and negative the second time round and that's when it worked so who knows but thinking positive helps well being :)

i'm loving this thread, its making me feel so much better that all of you have your bfp's

good luck to all of you xx

On the bedrest... My clinic only told me to stay on bedrest for the remainder of transfer day. I self-imposed the 2nd and 3rd days. I also quit my job to do IVF though. So, I didn't run into work scheduling issues.

On the bedrest... My clinic only told me to stay on bedrest for the remainder of transfer day. I self-imposed the 2nd and 3rd days. I also quit my job to do IVF though. So, I didn't run into work scheduling issues.

It looks like the time off worked, congrats!!!

xxx

It looks like the time off worked, congrats!!!

xxx

Ha! Thank you! I don't know if it was the extra time off or not. The only reason I did it for the 3 days was because I read ONE story of a woman who said she'd put herself on 3 days bedrest after transfer for both of her cycles and those 2 cycles resulted in her 2 children! The mere suggestion that it might help was all it took. Plus, I'd already quit my job! :blush:

hopefully I'll be posting my success story on here soon. It helps to see everyone stories and the listing of the 2WW symptoms has helped put me at ease...

As of right now I am 4dpt with 5 day "great quality" eggs....I am trying so hard to spot any symptoms its driving me crazy!

This thread is awesome! Thanks for helping me stay positive :-D

I bet you'll see that gorgeous BFP in a few days! I can't wait to find out! :hugs: Are you doing any sneaky HPT's before the 6 days are up?

Thank you! I hope so :happydance:

Nope! I have heard progesterone can cause a false positive and seeing as how right now I'm taking that and estrace I don't want to that chance...I can't imagine getting a :bfp: and then going for the blood test and them saying in not! So I'm going to try my hardest to wait :)

I can't find any actual evidence anywhere that suggest progesterone ACTUALLY gives false positives. In fact, I swear on my life that its downright impossible. But, I do understand why you're waiting! I waited too! LOL In fact, I'm sure I could have gotten my BFP a solid 3 days before my blood test... but I didn't even try! Good luck in 6 days!

I can't find any actual evidence anywhere that suggest progesterone ACTUALLY gives false positives. In fact, I swear on my life that its downright impossible. But, I do understand why you're waiting! I waited too! LOL In fact, I'm sure I could have gotten my BFP a solid 3 days before my blood test... but I didn't even try! Good luck in 6 days!

at this point i really want to take a test! I'm feeling so down and having a hard time feeling positive...a new symptom over the last 2 days is feeling extremely nauseous and lightheaded on top of sore chest, back pain, insomnia..and an aversion to eating even though I'm hungry (partially bc the food sometimes tastes weird and sometimes bc the thought of eating makes me feel sick)...5 more days :wacko:

at this point i really want to take a test! I'm feeling so down and having a hard time feeling positive...a new symptom over the last 2 days is feeling extremely nauseous and lightheaded on top of sore chest, back pain, insomnia..and an aversion to eating even though I'm hungry (partially bc the food sometimes tastes weird and sometimes bc the thought of eating makes me feel sick)...5 more days :wacko:

I have a feeling you'd get a real BFP if you did! :winkwink: One of my most obvious "symptoms" was being extremely negative about it... I KNEW I was out! For real!

Kristen, progesterone cannot give you a false positive. That's impossible. The hcg trigger shot can, though. Everyone's metabolism is different, but my triggers have always been out of my system by 10dpo. I didnt get my bfp until 12dpo though (7dp5dt). I was a POAS addict, I couldn't wait. I admire your restraint! I know the wait is awful. Good luck.

Good luck Kristen! And the ladies are right, progesterone will not give you a false bfp as the tests only test for HCG in your system.

I guess today I would be 11dpo (er was jan. 12th and transfer was jan. 17)

Everyday that I wake up feeling sick I just want to take one..lol but i'll wait....

Did any of you get swelling/itchy hands during your 2WW? it happened twice yesterday so bad I had to take my rings off..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->