List your IVF Successes here

congrats mrssunshine!! lovely news about your success and twins :headspin:

Congrats Rosa on the perfect heartbeat!!

Mrssunshine - So glad you finally posted on here :) YAY!

Ahh, I posted this long response, and then included a link at the end and then it told me that I couldn't post a link since I had fewer than ten posts, then deleted everything I wrote. ;_; I have to go to work, so I'll retype everything later. *sigh* :p

Hi I just wanted to tag on and see what everyone's opinions are on how many embryos to transfer. On Monday I will be having my 5 day transfer, with 8 emybros currently looking good. I am 30, with unexplained infertility and no other issues. My re said they will suggest a single embryo transfer, but give me the option of transferring 2! Hardest decision of my life! Any input would be greatly appreciate. I have a 2 yr old, which also factors into my decision too! And we paid out of pocket for this ivf cycle. Someone please help!! :wacko:

My situation was different I'm 33 with no children at all so for us we knew we definitely wanted two to be transferred, I'm pregnant with twins now. The success rates with 5dt are higher than 2 or 3 dt. I guess it comes down to whether you'd be ok with having 3 children? For us it was an easy decision to make, but if we already had a child I would have found it much more difficult. I'm sure you'll make the right decision for you and your circumstances, it is very personal. Good luck

Congrats to you! Yeah if I didn't already have one it would be a no brainier for me too. I definitely want to have 3 or 4 kids ultimately, it's just that I'm not sure about having twins with a toddler! But then again I would rather have twins than a BFN and always torture myself and wonder what if.... So hard I wish I could just see into the future and then decide!! :haha:

Such a tough one, for sure, Teta! Prior to my 3dt there was no way I could imagine doing a single embryo transfer. I'm 31, no other kids. Only after the first ultrasound showed twins did my doctor say that a person in my situation had a 40% chance of getting pregnant with twins by putting two back. Ask your doctor what he thinks of your situation.

It's tough, though. IVF has at most a 50% success rate. But of that 50%, you have a 40% chance of twins if it does work according to my doctor.... If you KNEW FOR SURE it would work, it's a no brainer to do a SET.

But ...yeah... the thought of it not working at all, especially when you've paid out of pocket.... Like sunshine said, it's an entirely personal decision. You and your OH have to make it together with the guidance of your doctor. And be mentally prepared for whatever outcome as best you can.

Good luck, hun!!

Hi Teta, I was in the same situation as you for our IVF. What a hard decision! I agonized over mine when we had our IVF. Here is how we made our decision to go with a SET. First, our embryos were of good quality. Two, I had unexplained infertility and there was no reason to think the SET wouldn't work. Three, I really didn't want twins. Four, we had a good number of embryos left over so we could do a FET if the first IVF didn't work. Five, I just had a feeling the SET would work...I went with my gut instinct on what to do. We were very lucky that ours worked.

Lots of luck making your decision. Maybe work through all of the percentages with your doctor, try to get a feel for the quality of your embryos, and listen to what your gut is telling you to do! Good luck and fingers crossed for a successful transfer!

Thank you girls, I really appreciate your input. I keep running every scenario through my head over and over and coming up with a different decision every 5 minutes! I'm thinking and stressing may too much over it and making myself :wacko::wacko::wacko: I think I will probably end up going with what the re suggests. My DH is just as :wacko: so that doesn't help either! It would have been much easier (although obviously not as optimal) if the embryos didn't look so good and were transferred at day 3. Then it would definitely be 2! Deeni I can totally relate to every decision to based yours on as it all applies to me as well, so it gives me hope that SET will work for me too. Thanks again girls!

I'm 38 this year and have a 10 month old from ICSI. It took 3 full cycle attempts and only after a switch of clinics/doctor did I get my BFP. due to my age and PCOS, plus other factors, we put in 4 low and average 3 day embryos. Only one baby :)

I also went through another ICSI 3 months ago. My embryos were just a tiny bit better quality but not great. They rushed me in for a 2-day transfer instead of 3-day due to quality of embryOs. Put in 4, am now carrying twins.

My son will be 1y5m when the twins arrive.

Since you have a toddler, and have 8 excellent blasts, why don't you try 1 embryo? There is always an option to do an FET if need to in the future. Having twins with another young LO is not easy.

I had 2 transferred with unexplained infertility and it was still a BFN. Dont want to be negative but it doesn't always work first time! If you have some frozen then you can relax a little I suppose-we didn't have any to freeze x

We were unexplained also, I am 30 and never been pregnant before. We did a 3 dt with 2 embryos. Dr wanted to do a 3 day set. I would have done a set on day 5 but didn't feel too confident with that on day 3. I didn't want twins initially but now that they are on the way we couldn't be more happy or excited. It is a hard decision, good luck to you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->