List your IVF Successes here

omg, blessedlife, is that the cutest puppy avatar picture ever! :thumbup:

Thank you Squirrelgirl! :) Congrats on your twins. I'll be starting IVF in March and love reading these success stories.

Bump - there has to be some more sucesses out there recently!!!

Hi just thought I'd post my details here as am at 13w now and have had my 12w NHS scan. I spent hours looking over the success stories on this thread before I had my cycle to give me hope.

Name: minty
How long TTC: about 18 months before diagnosis
Diagnosis or any known issues: low sperm count of 3.5 million/ml and low morphology of 1%
Treatments you tried before IVF: advised only icsi suitable
How many IVF did you do before success: worked first cycle, feel very blessed
Are you using donor eggs or sperm: no
Protocol (meds taken): short antagonist protocol 187.5iu of menopur (225 and 150 on alternate days), then cetrotide I think from day 6 which is the antagonist
How many follicles at ER: 12 over 10mm I think and about 12 just under which it didn't look like were going to be big enough
How many eggs retrieved: 12 (9 mature)
How many eggs fertilized: 6
How many days between ER and ET: 3
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 2 day 3 embryos 1-10 cell grade 2 and 1-7 cell grade 2 to 3
How many days bed rest: 5 complete relaxing days where did nothing, pretty much returned to normal activities after that except heavy lifting. though was of work
Symptoms or issues during 2WW:none that I can say were specifically due to bfp, I did get some short bursts of intense cramping but I'm sure I had that before ET when I started the progesterone pessaries so put it down to that
What day you got your BFP:14 dpo did a digi test and it came up pregnant 2-3
Number of first beta: our clinic didn't do betas but had an early scan at 6 weeks, then another at 8 weeks.
Number of babies: one

Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process: I wish I hadn't been so upset about not getting to blast ,our clinic is really into blast transfer and only freezes blastocysts, we didn't have enough viable embryos on day 3 to go to blast (only one was at the point they would have liked a minimum of 4 to be at)
so we had a day 3 transfer, we tried to develop the other embryos to blastocyst but they didn't make it so we had nothing to freeze.I think alot of things about ivf/icsi are unpredictable.
I also found the progesterone pessaries made me feel very down which I wasn't expexcting but when I read the information leaflet it does warn you its one of the side effects.
Also whenever I went for scans and expressed concern that alot of my follicles seemed small they kept telling me that they don't aim to get more than 8 to 10 eggs as quality is more important than quantity.
I drank lots of water/milk during my cycle and after in 2ww.

Hey girls why is everyone saying "bump" :p Sorry I don't come here often so I don't know!

Did my first IVF this Feb, ET on the 23rd, they had 5 eggs on ER on the 20th, but only one fertilised. Hope it sticks..

Minty thank you for sharing your story hun! :) Babydust to all!!

:dust:

Bump is to get the thread into the first page to prompt people to post there sucesses!

Good luck with your 2ww

Name: Valerie
How long TTC: 2 years
Diagnosis or any known issues: Ectopic preg in 11/09, removed left fallopian tube
Treatments you tried before IVF: none, straight to IVF since I had one tube.
How many IVF did you do before success: 4 (1 fresh, 3 FET with 3rd being success so far)
Are you using donor eggs or sperm: No
Protocol (meds taken): Estrace, PIO, Dexamethasone, Vivelle patches, Lovenox, Prenatal, Baby Aspirin
How many follicles at ER: 16
How many eggs retrieved: 11
How many eggs fertilized: 9
How many days between ER and ET: 5dt for IVF, 7dt for FET
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 3 this last FET
How many days bed rest: 1 day
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: cramping around 4dpt, brown spotting at 8dpt
What day you got your BFP: 9dp7dt
HPT before blood test: No - I stayed away from HPT this 4th time around. After having BFPs for IVF 1 (MMC), FET 1 and 2 (chemicals) at 4dpt, I didn't want to get my hopes up only to be disappointed since all those cycles were BFPs.
Number of first beta: 75 (2nd didn't double - 110, but then 3rd was 293 then 740)
Number of babies: 1
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process: this will be an emotionally draining process but once you're successful, hopefully that changes. I'm still cautiously optimistic even though I am 9 weeks today. I guess my feelings won't change until I have a healthy baby in my arms. These boards have been a tremendous support for me.

Congratulations Calebaby!!! Happy and healthy 9 months to you!! :happydance::happydance::happydance:

Congrats Minty and Calebaby! happy an healthy pregnancies to you both x

I am due for EC on wed and this is our 2nd IVF cycle so praying for a miracle. We only got 2 eggs fromlast cycle which resulted in 1 top grade embie for transfer but sadly it didnt attach :( so yesterdays scan showed 9 follies of which 5 are growing well and i have another scan monday with EC most likely to be wednesday :) GL to everyone xxx

Congrats Minty and Calebaby! happy an healthy pregnancies to you both x

I am due for EC on wed and this is our 2nd IVF cycle so praying for a miracle. We only got 2 eggs fromlast cycle which resulted in 1 top grade embie for transfer but sadly it didnt attach :( so yesterdays scan showed 9 follies of which 5 are growing well and i have another scan monday with EC most likely to be wednesday :) GL to everyone xxx

good luck africaqueen, hope this will be a successful cycle for you. do you have a journal or which thread are you on so I can stalk you? :haha: I am a 2nd time success, although it was a FET not a fresh cycle. Im waiting for my 12 week scan to post here though, Im 10 weeks right now. FXd for you.

Thank you Sarah and huge congrats to you! wishing you a happy and healthy pregnancy and GL with your scan :) I do have a journal in LTTTC titled 'where there is life there is hope(now with meds pics:)) would love to be stalked by u and hear your news too :) xxx

This thread has and continues to be very inspiring. I am currently on 2nd cycle of icsi ans in the dreaded 2ww. It's so nice to see all the success stories. Congratulations to all the pregnant ladies & good luck to all those embarking on the ttc journey. I hope to be able to post on here 2nd time round xxx

Good luck with your egg collection Africaqueen and to everyone else

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->