List your IVF Successes here

Hi all.. I know it isnt officially a success with IVF, but we are due to start IVF this week, I have the gonal f in the fridge. I was so impatient with af that i decided that a glass of wine might bring her on (often does for me) i tested out of habit (allways test if its the end of the 2ww and i intend to drink) and it was a bfp:happydance:

after 20 cycles i never thought we'd get here.. but i just wanted to let you all know there is hope right up to the very last second:hugs:

Name:
How long TTC: 2 1/2 years
Diagnosis or any known issues: Me: Endo & PCOS DH: Vasectomy 9 years/V.R.
Treatments you tried before IVF: One round of IUI failed
How many IVF did you do before success: Just this one
Are you using donor eggs or sperm: DH's sperm
Protocol (meds taken):
How many follicles at ER: 24
How many eggs retrieved: 19
How many eggs fertilized: 9
How many days between ER and ET: 5
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 2 blast
How many days bed rest: 3 days bed rest
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: began having heartburn
What day you got your BFP: March 28th
HPT before blood test:
Number of first beta:
Number of babies: Possibly two!!
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process:

lovie - that is awesome!! Congrats.

Congrats babybird angel!!!!

Name: Abby
How long TTC: 4 years
Diagnosis or any known issues: First IVF, showed no fertilisation with IVF - Need ICSI
Treatments you tried before IVF: None
How many IVF did you do before success: One IVF (no transfer), One ICSI (2dt)
Are you using donor eggs or sperm: No
Protocol (meds taken): Short, Gonal F (stims), Cetrotide (prevent Ovulation) Ovitrelle (trigger), Crinone Gel (progesterone)
How many follicles at ER: 12 above 14mm (2 days before EC @ trigger)
How many eggs retrieved: 11 (10 mature)
How many eggs fertilized: 8
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 1 blast 3AA. (4 x 4BB blasts frozen)
How many days bed rest: None, chilled around the house for two days. Then normal.
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: 7DPO sick feeling all day. 8DPO so tired. 9DPO Really bad headache (only get day before Af in TWW) 9DPO Sharp shooting pain took my breath away, followed by 30mins of AF cramps. AF cramps 10, 11 & 12DPO (only get these day before period so 13 or 14DPO) and woke up sweating each morning. All of these symptoms I have never experienced in a TWW.
What day you got your BFP: 8dp5dt (would have showed 7dp5dt)
HPT before blood test: yes
Number of first beta: 10dp5dt = 117, 14dp5dt = 609 (doubling every 40hours)
Number of babies: One.
Not really. But I would like to say please keep hope alive ladies. This was our third IVF both previous cycles had not gone well. Yet this one went perfect. I had begun to think I would never become pregnant but it can and will happen.

Congrats Please! (lol, sounds like I'm asking for congrats myself!) Thank you for sharing, H&H 9 months! :happydance:

Name:
How long TTC: 1 yr
Diagnosis or any known issues: unknown infertility
Treatments you tried before IVF: 8 IUIs with injectables
How many IVF did you do before success: 1st time [-o<
Are you using donor eggs or sperm: no
Protocol (meds taken): menopur, follistim, ganerelix, ovidrel
How many follicles at ER: 14
How many eggs retrieved: 9
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 2 blasts transferred(4aa and 3ab), 2 more frozen
How many days bed rest: 2 days taking it easy
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: cramping 2 and 3 dp5dt
What day you got your BFP: 6dp5dt
Number of first beta: 197
Number of babies: 1 :cloud9:
If I had known how much ivf was the same as what I had been doing for the past year (injectables with iui), I would have done ivf sooner. I was so scared that it was going to be such a big deal, but it really was exactly the same besides for the egg retrieval!

Congrats Teta81!! Thank you so much for sharing, it's extra-wonderful wonderful to see your success. H&H 9 months. Keep the success stories coming ladies! :happydance:

To hockey24- My doctor found a small fibroid/or polyp when I did my HSG and he removed it via hysteroscopy. The small fibroid could possible impede implantation. I had to wait out one cycle after hysteroscopy to start any IUI or IVF.

Wow lots of new BFP's on here congrats to you all, Im praying that it will be me real soon.

Name:
How long TTC: 1 yr
Diagnosis or any known issues: unknown infertility
Treatments you tried before IVF: 8 IUIs with injectables
How many IVF did you do before success: 1st time [-o<
Protocol (meds taken): menopur, follistim, ganerelix, ovidrel
How many follicles at ER: 14
How many eggs retrieved: 9
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 2 blasts transferred(4aa and 3ab), 2 more frozen
How many days bed rest: 2 days taking it easy
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: cramping 2 and 3 dp5dt
What day you got your BFP: 6dp5dt
Number of first beta: 197
Number of babies: 1 :cloud9:
If I had known how much ivf was the same as what I had been doing for the past year (injectables with iui), I would have done ivf sooner. I was so scared that it was going to be such a big deal, but it really was exactly the same besides for the egg retrieval!

Yeah Teta!! Glad you finally posted!!! :happydance::happydance:

Name: Mrs. Bear
How long TTC: 1 1/2 years (not counting NTNP)
Diagnosis or any known issues: PCOS, unexplained after no success after 1 year of AC
Treatments you tried before IVF: 6 failed IUIs (4 using frozen sperm while DH was deployed to Afghanistan)
How many IVF did you do before success: First time lucky :happydance:
Protocol (meds taken): Gonal-F (300IU), Ganirilex, Ovidrel, PIO through 12 wks
How many follicles at ER: 24+ big ones (too many to count them all)
How many eggs retrieved: 38 (they loved that I got my age), 28 mature but lost 2 in ICSI process
How many eggs fertilized: 9 (we did 50% ICSI: 2 of 13 fertilized regular, 7 of 13 fertilized ICSI)
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 3 total: 1 4BB blast, 2 late morulas
How many days bed rest: 2 days bed rest, ended up mostly bedrest due to OHSS
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: cramping 2-3 days after transfer
What day you got your BFP:13dpo, 8dpt, Jan 30th
HPT before blood test: No, RE told us not to so once DH heard that no POAS for me
Number of first beta: 99.6
Number of babies: Twins!

As SarahInCanada said - I am a big advocate of ICSI. Without it I probably wouldn't be writing this post. If I'd have fewer eggs we would have ICSI'd a larger percentage but I also wanted to know if a 'sperm meets egg' problem was a cause of all our previous failed treatments. I don't regret only doing 50% but I highly encourage ICSI for those that have the option, and especially if you don't have a lot of eggs to work with.

IMPORTANT READ FOR ALL WOULD BE IVF-ers!
I developed severe OHSS due to IVF and was hospitalized for 10 days. Luckily my twins seem to be doing fine despite that. If you are going to do IVF PLEASE research the symptoms of OHSS and ways to combat it before starting your IVF cycle. Trust me, you don't want it.

I thought I would get it since I have PCOS and especially once we had 38 eggs. I was eating protein and drinking lots of water, gatorade and pedialyte to help prevent dehydration. Each RE has their advice but protein and staying hydrated are key. Track your weight daily and watch for any sudden weight gain. If you have it report to your RE ASAP!

I went to the clinic the day after my transfer, a Monday, because I had gained several pounds and had an area of fluid retention on my lower back I was concerned about. I had some trouble breathing but not too bad. They gave me some percocet and cabergoline, which is supposed to help combat the hormones they feel trigger OHSS. By Thursday I was feeling much better but I went to my follow up Friday anyway.

It all changed Friday night when I started feeling nauseated. By Monday morning I could barely breathe when having a conversation or walking any. I had to call DH to help me out of the shower within seconds of getting in. DH had to go back to work that day (you can't "call in" with the Army) so my mom took me to my RE clinic. Luckily the IVF nurse saw me while waiting for bloodwork and immediately put me in an exam room. They came to take my blood there and get my other vitals. They couldn't even register the lower number on my blood pressure. As expected they admitted me to the hospital. (Once I told DH they were doing that the Army let him leave immediately and was very good about giving him the time he needed. He was off 3 weeks.)

The reason I had felt better is OHSS resolves within a week, unless you are pregnant. The pregnancy hormones kicked in on Friday and escalated the OHSS. I had 3 total implant, though we lost one - so there were 3 times the hormones driving the OHSS.

I was in the hospital from 1/30 to 2/9. I got my BFP from a nurse in the hospital. I was happy but it was hard to enjoy since I was in a lot of pain. DH was calling work in the hall so I told him when he came in. I didn't get to announce it in any way I wanted since mom/sis/etc all needed to know to help make sure it was taken into account for my care. (I still haven't POAS so I have never seen a second line - I may do that for fun)

The 10 days in the hospital were no fun. Lots of chest x-rays, a ct-scan and ultrasounds to check for blood clots. I could not raise from a flat position or get out of a bed/chair on my own so most tests were painful. I was on a LOT of percocet. As I said, luckily the babies seem to be doing ok despite it.

In total I was in the hospital 10 days and on bed rest at home another 6 weeks. It was 5 weeks after leaving the hospital before I could go to my Dr appointments without a wheelchair. I still am not 100% and get out of breath easily. In total I gained 40 pounds of abdominal fluid and looked 8-9 months pregnant. At the peak my ovaries were both 8cm x 9cm x 13cm (picture the size of a water bottle). As of my 12 week scan there is still a little there and the ovaries are back to a normal size.

I'm not posting this to scare anyone, since the odds of a case as severe as mine are probably less than 1%. I just want to make you aware of what can happen so you monitor yourself and take as many precautions as possible to avoid it. If your RE advises waiting and doing a FET - that is why. (Mine never did as my embryos wouldn't have survived the freeze/thaw)

Mrs. Bear - Congrats!!! And thank you so much for posting your story re: OHSS! It sounds awful and we get so lost in wanting lots of follicles and eggs that we forget about the terrible risks that can go with it.

Thank you!

Mrs bear - big double congrats!!! Thanks for sharing your story! It's good to know everything good and bad. Glad to hear everything worked out and you and your babies are healthy!

Congrats on your pregnancy, H&H 9 months. I just had egg retrieval today and my RE is refusing to do a transfer b/c my estrogen reached over 6000 and it's too risky to develop OHSS. I'm so sad and scared, praying enough fertilize and make it to freeze but I also understand how dangerous what you had to deal with can be. Again, congrats and thanks for sharing your story. :flower:

How many eggs fertilized: 9 (we did 50% ICSI: 2 of 13 fertilized regular, 7 of 13 fertilized ICSI)

THANK YOU for posting this! it proves what Ive always thought, that older eggs have hard shells! I ICSI'd all of my 20 eggs and all fertilized, I wonder what would have happened if I hadnt ICSI'd at all. Even if you arent late 30's definitely consider ICSI, as why bother losing any eggs. It was $1200 extra ontop of my IVF and well worth it IMO.
thanks also for giving so much info on OHSS, very informative. You went through so much :hugs:

Name:
How long TTC: 2 years 4 months
Diagnosis or any known issues: Me: unexplained
Treatments you tried before IVF: 3 failed IUI's
How many IVF did you do before success: Just this one
Are you using donor eggs or sperm: DH's sperm
Protocol (meds taken): gonal f, cetrotide, ovitril, cyclogest
How many follicles at ER: 3
How many eggs retrieved: 2
How many eggs fertilized: 1
How many days between ER and ET: 2
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 1 2cell
How many days bed rest: 1
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: got very bad bug after i week so hard to tell what was bug and what was symptoms. Have had headaches, very hungry and thirsty and nauseous. Boobs agony and stomach bloated.
What day you got your BFP: 7th April 2012
HPT before blood test:
Number of first beta: NA (uk)
Number of babies: 1 (probably)
that it is possible to feel very rough and that time off work is needed. Also my clinic hadnt really explained the impact my low amh would have on my follicle count. I went in expected 15+ and got 3, i was devastated. Also on egg collection day, sitting in a cubicle beside women who were disappointed by only getting 12 eggs was heartbreaking. Being the only women that week having a 2 day transfer was also demoralising but i got my BFP despite it all.
Lets just hope its sticks. Good luck to all of you.

Congrats trying to cope! I'm wishing you a H&H 9 months. Thank you for sharing your story! :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->