List your IVF Successes here

Congratulations on all the bfp's, thank you, it gives me hope! and bump :flower:

Im in the 2ww with x1 miracle embie onboard and praying to be posting my success story very soon god willing. xxx

Bump

This thread gave me so much hope. I am pregnant following 2nd icsi cycle. Not going to.post full story until after first scan.

Thank you ladies and good luck to everyone else xxx

Name: Cyndi
How long TTC: 1 year
Diagnosis or any known issues: one small uterine fibroid removed prior to ivf
Treatments you tried before IVF: IUI X2
How many IVF did you do before success: FIRST TIME WORK!
Are you using donor eggs or sperm: NO
Protocol (meds taken): MENOPUR, GONAL-F, GANIRELEX, LUPRON TRIGGER, ENDOMETRIUM SUPPOSITORY, ESTRACE 2MG TABLETS, AZITHROMAX 500MG PRIOR TO EGG RETRIEVAL
How many follicles at ER: 9 FOLLICLES
How many eggs retrieved: 9 FOLLICLES
How many eggs fertilized: 7 FERTILIZED
How many days between ER and ET: 5 DAYS
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred:2 BLASTS (ONE A AND ONE B GRADE)
How many days bed rest: 1 DAY
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: I SPOTTED BRIGHT RED BLOOD EVERY OTHER DAY, STARTING 8 DAYS POST TRANSFER AND STILL SPOTTING AS I WRITE.
What day you got your BFP: 6 DAYS POST 5 DAY TRANSFER
HPT before blood test: yes, yes , yes!!! I started testing out the trigger the the day after the transfer.
Number of first beta: 532
Number of babies: TWO!!!!
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process:
I FEEL THAT IUI WAS A WASTE OF TIME AND MONEY. WE HAVE TO PAY OUT OF POCKET FOR EVERYTHING, SINCE OUR INSURANCE DOES NOT COVER A DIME. IUI COST ABOUT $2000 EACH. ALSO, I SPOTTED BRIGHT RED BLOOD EVERY OTHER DAY STARTING 8 DAYS POST TRANSFER. DOCTOR SAYS ITS NORMAL. I WOULD USE AN EXTRA SUPPOSITORY TO STOP THE BLEEDING. THEN 2 DAYS LATER, IT WILL BLEED AGAIN, THEN USE EXTRA SUPPOSITORY. DOCTOR SAYS IT OK TO USE AN EXTRA ONE HERE AND THERE, BUT IT SHOULDN'T MATTER. I JUST FREAK OUT EVERY TIME I SEE BLOOD. THE ENDOMETRIUM SUPPOSITORY LEAKS OUT ALL THE TIME AND I FEEL THAT IT DOESNT GET ABSORBED ENOUGH.

Congratulations Cyndi. Twins, how exciting. Did you experience any symptoms between bfp and uss??

Thank you xx

Congrats Virginialove!! Great news!

I see you had a uterine fibroid removed? Did you have a robotic myomectomy or regular? How long after your surgery did you do your IVF cycle?

2 years
at least 23 BFNs
3 failed IUIS, 1 failed IVF
so many injections, blood tests, things placed up my hoo-haa
Im finally ready to post in here.....

Name: sarahincanada
How long TTC: 2 Years
Diagnosis or any known issues: Unexplained Infertility
Treatments you tried before IVF: 1 x Clomid with intercourse, 2 x Clomid with IUI, 1 x Gonal-F with IUI
How many IVF did you do before success: Fresh cycle failed, 1st Frozen Embryo Transfer (FET) worked
Are you using donor eggs or sperm: No
Protocol (meds taken): 250 Gonal F plus 75 Repronex for fresh cycle. For FET was just on Progesterone, Estrace and Baby aspirin through to 10 weeks
How many follicles at ER: 19
How many eggs retrieved: 20, all mature and ICSI'd
How many eggs fertilized: 20, ended up with 10 blasts on Day 5
How many days between ER and ET: 5 days
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 2 on failed fresh cycle, 1 on successful FET
How many days bed rest: Wasnt instructed to bed rest, but did 1 day with fresh cycle and 2 days with FET
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: Nothing much, had more 'symptoms' on my non pregnant cycles. The only 1 thing Id never had before was a short burning feeling right in the area she had the ultrasound during the transfer, so I wondered if that was implantation. I had that a couple of times in the 2ww
What day you got your BFP: 4dp5dt (9dpo)
HPT before blood test: Yes, 3 x a day :haha:. I prefered to be let down gently than have my whole life change with one phonecall
Number of first beta: 170
Number of babies: 1
• That the IVF process isnt as bad as you may imagine. And the FET process is really stress-free. As I was lucky enough to have 8 blasts frozen I decided I wanted to do single transfer as I really wanted one baby at a time. I was prepared for it to take months so was surprised to get a bfp first FET.
• I started acupuncture before my FET and I felt a real change in my body and my stress levels so I highly recommended.
• Took CoQ10 a month before my ER, supposed to help older eggs and I had a great response with 20 mature eggs.
• I recommend adding ICSI to your IVF, especially if you are in your later 30's, incase your egg shell is hard. For me it was only $1200 more so I didnt want to chance any good eggs being wasted if the sperm didnt get to them in the dish. I dont know why they dont ICSI more often, I see a lot of people on here with bad fertilization reports that I wonder if it would have been different if they'd ICSI'd. A friend on here (my age) had half ICSI'd, and most of them fertilized meanwhile the ones left on their own had a much smaller fertilization rate.
• Ate pineapple core for 5 days after my FET too.
• For my fresh cycle I tested out my trigger shot with frer and saw it fade out then faint lines come back. They didnt get dark and my beta was a '6' as if something tried to happen. With my FET I didnt have a trigger and so when I saw a faint line I knew it was all bub. They got darker day by day. I recommend the frer if you are going to test, my ICs didnt show a line till later so glad I wasnt just using them.
• Hope this gives some hope to people who fail fresh cycles, FETs do work!

heres my tests if anyones interested. Good luck to you all :hugs:

Attachments

• progression.jpg
    progression.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 91
Only 7 weeks and 1 day (the ultrasound was yesterday). I am still very nervous. Did you have late beta check? I had a beta done at 5 weeks and 2 days (21dp3dt and it was 7527 which is really high for one baby). I was wondering if others have high betas with the one bub?

You must be so relieved to be through the first trimester! I am having another ultrasound at 9 weeks and it couldn't come soon enough!

Only 7 weeks and 1 day (the ultrasound was yesterday). I am still very nervous. Did you have late beta check? I had a beta done at 5 weeks and 2 days (21dp3dt and it was 7527 which is really high for one baby). I was wondering if others have high betas with the one bub?

You must be so relieved to be through the first trimester! I am having another ultrasound at 9 weeks and it couldn't come soon enough!

I did have 2 more betas while waiting for my 7 week scan, I think 24dpo I was 6335 and then 30 dpo 29,040. You are lucky to have a scan @ 9 weeks, I had to wait till 11 weeks and now have to wait till 20 weeks, its awful!

Name: Bookworm
How long TTC: 2.5yrs

Diagnosis or any known issues: Obstructive Azoospermia (male factor infertility meaning that while there is sperm production none of those guys are getting out for some reason - in our case this is because DH is a cystic fibrosis carrier and this caused a complication.

Treatments you tried before IVF: 0 - nothing doing for us except IVF with ICSI

How many IVF did you do before success: 0 - success first go

Are you using donor eggs or sperm: No

Protocol (meds taken): Down reg: Suprefact (1 shot daily) - Hormone; mind's gone blank!! (2 shots daily) Trigger; ovitrel; Progesterone pessaries 2weeks

How many follicles at ER: 17
How many eggs retrieved: 11
How many eggs fertilized: 5
How many days between ER and ET: 3
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 2
How many days bed rest: 0 prescribed but 3 self-imposed

Symptoms or issues during 2WW: a little light nausea, tender bbs, bloody snot in mornings

What day you got your BFP: 12DPT
HPT before blood test: No
Number of first beta: ?? Not a UK thing??
Number of babies: 2:happydance:

The main thing I wanted was a crystal ball to know the final outcome - but no-one can do that for you! I drove myself nuts in the 2ww because lots of the symptoms can be pg symptoms or Progesterone side-effects... so be good to yourself and expect to obsess. Maybe try to plan activities to keep you busy - but I did find a couple of days rest after helped me feel like I'd given it every chance (even though it wasn't medically prescribed).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->