List your IVF Successes here

I've had the itchy/swelling hands thing before, but not as a symptom... Doesn't mean it can't be related though. I haven't had much for symptoms at all...

Isi, definitely invaluable to others going through IVF. I know I stalked a similar thread on another board to look for trends, answers, matching scenarios, etc...

Name: Claudia
How long TTC: 2 years
Diagnosis or any known issues: blocked tunes (left one removed in ectopic in '09)
Treatments you tried before IVF: None
How many IVF did you do before success: 1 (second one worked)
Are you using donor eggs or sperm: No
Protocol (meds taken): BC, Lupron injections (10 units) for 2 weeks then gonal f (300) and menopur - (1 vial) injections - PIO injections starting at day of transfer until 8 weeks
How many follicles at ER: 27
How many eggs retrieved: 12
How many eggs fertilized: 9
How many days between ER and ET: 5
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 2 blasts (one grade A, one B)
How many days bed rest: 1.5
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: None at all
What day you got your BFP:
HPT before blood test: Yes, morning of.
Number of first beta: 70.1
Number of babies: 1
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process: I'd researched a lot and was all over the IVF forums in order to prepare so I felt pretty knowledgeable about it. I'd definitely say I was so very up and down w/all the hormones pumping through me. Also, spotting is *very* common in early pregnancy but it freaks you out regardless and most of us never really stop worrying. When you try this hard to get pregnant in the first place, it all feels 'too good to be true' and you never take it for granted that you have a beautiful life growing inside you.

Much luck to all you ladies!

Successful IVF stats:
start BC pill 7/14
8/4 - Lupron (10 units) injections for approx 2 weeks
8/11 - Baseline b/w & u/s went great - 27 visible follicles
8/13 - start gonal f (300) and menopur - (1 vial) injections
EC - 8/24, ET - 8/29 (2 blasts) 2 totsicles made it to freeze!
9/6 & 9/7- on FR HPT
Beta #1 - 9/7 - HCG = 70.1 , E2 = 1249, Progesterone = 122. - Beta #2 - 9/10 - 140 - Beta #3 - 9/13 - 536, 9/16 - beta #4 - 2200 (35 hour doubling time) 1st ultrasound - saw sweet lil gestational sac!
9/24 - 2nd u/s - 136 bpm! Measuring perfectly at 6 weeks 1 day.
09/28 - OB prenatal appt. 3rd U/S showed lil bean measuring at 7 weeks
10/05 - 4th U/S - measuring 8 weeks, 1 day and 160 bpm
12/1 - 16 week ultrasound to check cervix and amnio test - results came back perfect!

Name: Kristin
How long TTC: 2 years
Diagnosis or any known issues: hubby has very low count (.2 million) due to double hernia surgery when he was little
Treatments you tried before IVF: None
How many IVF did you do before success: 1st try :)
Protocol (meds taken): BC, Lupron, menopur, follistim and now estrace and progesterone until 10 weeks
How many follicles at ER: 17
How many eggs retrieved: 11
How many eggs fertilized: 10
How many days between ER and ET: 5
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 2 blasts--do not know rating, they just said they were great quality
How many days bed rest: 2
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: Sore and larger chest, nausea for 5 days leading up to blood test, tiredness
What day you got your BFP: 1/26/2011
HPT before blood test: Yes, morning of because they weren't going to call till 3pm and I couldn't wait...lol
Number of first beta: 250
Number of babies: Don't know yet
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process: I did a lot of research before starting everything and the people on this forum helped so much. I figured it would be mentally/physically demanding but I didn't realize how much...

YAY!! Congrats Kristin! May you have a very H and H 9 months!! xx

I knew it! I knew it! I knew it!!!! :happydance: CONGRATS, Kristen!

I'm only on page 5 reading answers but wanted to post while I have time to type in my lunch break :)

Name: MissAma
How long TTC: 4 years
Diagnosis or any known issues: Me - okay although my eggs are not getting younger or better and him Azoospermia
Treatments you tried before IVF: None, we realized fairly quickly there was something wrong, got our diagnosis and knew we will have to look for Clive (our elusive sperm) with a scalpel so we flew to Spain and got an emergency-IVF-for-sanity fairly early. That was the failed ICSI cycle before the successful one that came over a year and a half of hellish wait later.
How many IVF did you do before success: 1 failed
Are you using donor eggs or sperm: Nope, despite every doctor pushing that we have DS on back-up in case they never find sperm we were adamant that we will and want our own or none at all.
Protocol (meds taken): Long protocol on failed cycle and short protocol on successful cycle, both antagonist with 300 ui Puregon and Certrotide then Progesterone (and I added high proteic meals, religious egg and milk every day, we were on multivitamins and D vitamin, I did acupuncture too and we had lost all excess weight, gave up smokes and drinks in preparation)
How many follicles at ER: 12-ish
How many eggs retrieved: 8 both times
How many eggs fertilized: 6 but only 4 made it to day 3
How many days between ER and ET: 3 despite how much we begged both clinics to try and bring us to blasto as sperm issues only become apparent on day 4 of development
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 2 both times. None survived for freezing either try. The first time the clinic had graded them as top quality, Grade A a 10 and a 9 and the second time, our Dara and her brother (or sister) were not given a grade but we were told that they were so bad of quality that the clinic had to break the country's rules and allow us to have two put back for us to stand any chance. I asked "So average?" and was told "No, sorry, far worse" - so do NOT worry about embryo quality!
How many days bed rest: I was in severe pain so didn't do much for a good few days after but then returned to work (and got let go!) after a bit over a week, on the day that I got the first faint BFP in fact :)
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: Ah all manner of symptoms, one isn't a LTTTC-er before they have all of them but I remember well the pain. I had severe twinges starting with day 2 after transfer, AF like but more painful and in fact kept having them to the second trimester.
What day you got your BFP:
HPT before blood test: Oh yes! I tested every day. First negative, then positive when the Cetrotyde/Pregnyl entered my body, then watched the HPTs get negative again as it left after 48 hours and saw them stark white for another 6 or 7 days so the first very faint positive was 10 DPO (7DPT)
Number of first beta: Can't recall but too small if you ask me :)
Number of babies: The one and only Miss Dara
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process:

1. PMA doesn't matter. Quit giving yourself a hard time if, like me, you're not a naturally chirpy person and are negative about it, it will still work if it will. The first time around I forced PMA to ooze through my every orifice :rofl: the second time, it was NMA all the way.

2. That pregnancy is not a time to relax, just a different kind of worry and ache. Oh and motherhood yet another for that matter.

Last but not least, and this goes for all the success stories ladies who are still pregnant, something I wish I were prepared for, infertile or fertility-challenged as we may be, as soon as the buggers are out we get broody again!

Good luck everyone!

Hi

Name: Kath
How long TTC: 15 months before ICSI
Diagnosis or any known issues: MF, poor morphology
Treatments you tried before IVF: none
How many IVF did you do before success: 1st try :dance:
Protocol (meds taken): Long protocol, buserelin, menopur, prog til 16 weeks
How many follicles at ER: 8
How many eggs retrieved: 5
How many eggs fertilized: 4
How many days between ER and ET: 2
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 2x 4 cell, grade a
How many days bed rest: not really bed rest but took 2ww off work and did very little
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: General wiped out feeling after ET. Bleeding 10dp transfer
What day you got your BFP: 10dp transfer
HPT before blood test: Yes, tested the day i started bleeding cos I thought it was all over and had nothing to lose!
Number of first beta:619
Number of babies: 1
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process:

Because I am impatient bugger I insisted dh went for tests after about months of ttc and they picked up MF. I think it is worthwile getting tested asap when ttc, you never know if there is a problem.

Our local clinic was V slow and (again, being impatient!!) we went to a clinic further away and paid for an intial private consultation. We were seen within 2 days and on their list straight away. They transfered our funding from the local clinic. We would have waited til Oct for the intial consultation locally, I was PG by then!!

I had accupunture throughout meds and then straight before and after ET. Def think it helped and if you can afford it (it't not cheap) would def recommend.

Treatment is heartbreaking, all consuming and seems like it is never going to end or be successful. But when you get that bfp and then hold that baby it all fades to a distant memory. All babies a precious but ours really are miracles.

xx

Thanks so much lovely ladies :hugs:. Its such an inspiration for those of us still trying.

Please keep the good stories coming :flower:

:hug:

Yay Kristen!!!! Just had my ER today so I hope to be a First Try Success too!

Thanks :) I wish u a lot of good luck!! Just make sure u take it easy especially after the transfer! Don't do anything!!! :D it's worth it!

Doing the bump.. LOL
Hoping for more responses

Isi i decided i would do this now rather than wait... after all i am a success :yipee:

Name: Rachelle
How long TTC: 3.5 years
Diagnosis or any known issues: :spermy: 2 million, 90% abnormal forms
Treatments you tried before IVF: No other options.. straight to IVF!
How many IVF did you do before success: 2 goes - first was an early M/C, second a :bfp: :wohoo:
Are you using donor eggs or sperm: Neither
Protocol (meds taken):
1st Cycle.... DR with Suprecur, 225 Menopur x 5 days, 300 Menopur 7 days & Ovitrelle to trigger
2nd Cycle.... DR with Suprecur, 300 Gonal F for 10 days, over stimm, 2 days coasting, Ovitrelle trigger
How many eggs retrieved:
1st cycle....12 follicles, 10 retrived, 9 mature, 6 fertilised
2nd cycle....16 follicles, 15 retrieved, 11 mature, 10 fertilised
How many days between ER and ET:
1st cycle 6 days2nd cycle 5 days
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred:
1st cycle - 2 embies, B grade
2nd cycle - 2 embies, both AA grade
How many days bed rest: None - clinic said no scientific information to support this... up and moving about (but taking it easy) after ET.
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: a moody miserable old trog! :rofl:
What day you got your BFP: 11dpo... :bfp: on a Frer, 12dpo, :bfp: boots Digi, 13dpo :bfp: CB Digi Conception (1-2 weeks)HPT before blood test:YesNumber of first beta:Not conducted
Number of babies: 1 perfect baby with 1 perfect heartbeat at 6+3!
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process: Nothing.... the second time i did not obsess... i did not obsess about food and drink, the number of brazil nuts, the amount of milk - i just ate normal and healthy, i didn't obsess and tell DH off every time he sniffed a bottle of beer.... it made the whole process that bit easier :hugs:

I hope to add another success story to this sooner than later.. Hopefully in a forever kind of way! :kiss:

Megg I am so, so sorry. I had no idea. Sending you massive :hugs::hugs:

Thinking of you,
H xx

Rachel, your story really gives me hope, actually they all do, but your situation is very much the same as mine. My DH's count is a bit lower at 1.3 million though.

Meg, I'm sure that you'll have another success story very very soon and definately in a forever kind of way x

Glad to give you hope Wifey. Off back to the clinic tom to hopefully get confirmation I'm ovulating. Fingers crossed your DH's second sample is better x

Glad to give you hope Wifey. Off back to the clinic tom to hopefully get confirmation I'm ovulating. Fingers crossed your DH's second sample is better x
Sorry, Helen, I meant Rachel :dohh: Think I need some sleep. I hope you're appointment goes well tomorrow hun xx

Rachel, your story really gives me hope, actually they all do, but your situation is very much the same as mine. My DH's count is a bit lower at 1.3 million though.

Meg, I'm sure that you'll have another success story very very soon and definately in a forever kind of way x

Ah thanks wifey :hugs: he's had lower and slightly higher counts but at our first IVF he had 2 million & 90% of those were abnormal. Our consultant said low count is one if the easiest issues to treat as ICSI takes the issue out if the equation. Wishing you all the luck in the world hun :dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->