List your IVF Successes here

Thank you to all the ladies who have shared their wonderful success stories, they give us all hope! To those of us still going through the IVF process, I have a request: this is such a special thread, let's please post updates about current IVF statuses and such on all the other threads and keep this just for the success stories. Thank you!! :thumbup:

Kept meaning to post on here. Think I've only just accepted that I'm actually having a baby (in 3 weeks time!!):haha: it's been so surreal. I still can't believe it.

Name: Doodar

How long TTC: 3 years

Diagnosis or any known issues: Male Factor, Pco

Treatments you tried before IVF: Vasectomy Reversal

How many IVF did you do before success: 1 Fresh cycle, 2 Fet's and this Fresh cycle we managed to get a sticky bubs.

Are you using donor eggs or sperm: No

Protocol (meds taken): This time round we did an empirical (sp) immune treatment. Short Protocol with Menopur, Cetrotide, Oestrogen, Dexamethasone, Aspirin and Clexane.

How many follicles at ER: Lots can't remember.

How many eggs retrieved: 20

How many eggs fertilized: 11

How many days between ER and ET: 5

How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 1 Blast Grade 2

How many days bed rest: Spent a few days in bed and then took it easy for a few weeks. On and off bed rest due to bleeding. Took about 2-3 months off work.

Symptoms or issues during 2WW: No symptoms, issues bleeding on and off for several weeks.

What day you got your BFP: 5dp5dt

HPT before blood test: No blood test, just a million HPT's

Number of first beta: N/A

Number of babies: 1 very precious miracle

Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process: Not to have gotten my hopes up of it working first time. Time is needed to work out how your body responds. Not to presume it would be a breeze because I had already had children previously and dont rule out immune issues. I was confident because I'd been pregnant before I wouldn't have any immune issues. Wish I had pushed for immune drugs with the first, second cycle because it breaks my heart to think of those wasted embryo's. It wasn't full on immune treatment it was basic easy immune treatment no bloods needed and wouldn't have done me any harm just doing it from the start.

Wishing you all the best of luck!! If we can do it, then anyone can. Hubby had to have SSR to retrieve his sperm and they struggled to find any decent sperm, even took a tissue sample from his testicle to try and scrape sperm from that OUCH!! we were told that the sperm was poor quality and majority of it not moving or dead. I was completely devastated and ready to give up at that first hurdle. We carried on and ended up with 6 blasts, unfortunately ended up mc's those. left wondering whether to pursue another fresh cycle because of the sperm, we decided to go for it and give the immune drugs a go too. We got 6 blasts again and it resulted in this pregnancy. I can honestly say hand on heart I never thought I would get here. I truely do believe this is what miracles are about. I can't believe out of all that heartache and poor sperm ( I take my hat off to those who work at the lab, scouring through that sperm to find a decent one) they managed to find our little miracle in there and I'll love them forever for it.
Don't ever give up on that dream ladies. Miracles really do happen!!!
Best Wishes to you all. Sorry if I've gone on a bit.

Doodar, congrats on your wonderful miracle! I'd wish you a h&h 9 months but you're almost done! :) Thank you for sharing your amazing story.

doodar - I see you post on Rosa's journal, but I had no idea about your story! I am so excited for you - good luck with the birth.

Oh Doodar, you didn't go on. I would be shouting it from the rooftops. So happy for you xxxx

D, it's about time you posted in here! :haha: Can't wait to meet zippy!

Just found this thread. It is so uplifting to read so many wonderful stories!
I am going to start my 2nd icsi/ ivf in June after a chemical pregnancy. Trying acupuncture this time as well and will take the 2ww off- will try anything!!
Hope hope hope and pray I can post a nice story on here soon.

Name: Alison
How long TTC: 2.5 years
Diagnosis or any known issues: PCOS, Endo but I think it was probably egg quality in the end

How many IVF did you do before success: 4 fresh cycles, never had any eggs to freeze.

Protocol (meds taken): Puregon, Pregnyl, Metformin, Synarel

How many follicles at ER: 24
How many eggs retrieved: 9
How many eggs fertilized: 6
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 1 Grade2 blast
How many days bed rest: none
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: Heavy Bleeding after BFP, thought it was a chemical pregnancy
What day you got your BFP: 11DPO
HPT before blood test: yes
Number of first beta: 744
Number of babies: 1 (due november '12)

Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process: That we would need to go through this quite a few times. We went private at first but soon realised that it was a numbers game for us and so we went public so we could afford more. I was quite disheartened by the amount of women who fell pregnant first and second time. I thought this meant it would never happen for me after the second round failed and the last two rounds were very hard emotionally. Especially as I was turning 40 this year, it felt like the end of the road.

Hi ladies I can't wait to post here properly, i am 7dp5dt & I have got a bfp on hpt 2 days in a row, after ttc for 2 years very low amh, first go at ivf I'm so excited but still nervous to see if it will stay, lots of baby dust to all xxx

Well I have been reading this thread for over a year and it gave me great hope when I started my IVF back in February. I have just been for my second scan at 8w5d and think it's about time I posted here. I still can't quite believe I am actually able to say I'm pregnant after 7 very long years of ttc. x

Name: Nikki
How long TTC: 7 Years
Diagnosis or any known issues: Unexplained infertility, however low AMH of 5mmol/l when tested before IVF, so probably egg quality had a factor.
Treatments you tried before IVF: Clomid x 6 months
How many IVF did you do before success: Very lucky to be successfull First time.
Protocol (meds taken): Burselin nasal spray for 3 weeks, then Gonal F 225iu for 13 days. Crinone gel from EC to OTD then told to stop (unlike a lot of clinics who make you take it until 12 weeks)
How many follicles at ER: not sure
How many eggs retrieved: 10
How many eggs fertilized: 7
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 1 x 3Ab and 1 x 3Bc ( 2 frozen at our request, however not up to freeze grade for clinic so may not be any good at thaw.. they were 1Ac and 2Ac)
How many days bed rest: None but took it easy for a couple of days watching tv etc and then I was off work for another 3 days went for walks along the beach but took it easy and then went back to work as normal. Didnt really act any differently.
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: I had waves of nausea but that could have been from progesterone and I had tender boobs but that was about it.
What day you got your BFP: 5dp5dt
HPT before blood test: Yes about a hundred!!!!
Number of first beta: Dont get in UK
Number of babies: 1 healthy happy little bean (at my 6 week scan it looked like there was another smaller sac with a yolk but no fetal pole so the midwife said the second one had tried to take but not continued, they brought me back for another scan which I had today and it had all reabsorbed leaving space for my healthy jelly bean.)

Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process: I had read just about everything there was to read about the process and had thought about it for so long. everyone said it was a rollercoaster of emotions and I had built it up to be this tremendous journey that I almost never did because of the potential emotional turmoil, and I am a really emotional person anyway. We did do it however and I was extremelly positive throughout the whole process all be it very nervous but IT IS NOT AS BAD AS IT SEEMS. stay calm and think of the positives, thinking negatively will not make it feel any better if it doesnt work. Maybe im just feeling like this because it worked first time and if it hadnt I would not feel the same. But i know if i had to do it again, i would not panic I would take it day by day and think of the possible outcome, a baby in your arms.

Good luck to all you ladies out there. stay strong.. you can do this. xxxxxx

Congrats Wishingalways! Happy and healthy 9 months to you!

As I get ready to start my 2nd round of IVF, I continue to come back to this thread and be inspired by the positive posts! Keep 'em coming!

This thread is so uplifting! I have had 4 failed IUI's so need to move to IVF which means a break to save and reading all these BFP's will make that wait go much faster as it has given me so much hope! So thank you and congrats to the BFP's!

Name: Taylah

How long TTC: 2 years

Diagnosis or any known issues: Very low amh

Treatments you tried before IVF: DHEA for 3 months

How many IVF did you do before success: first time lucky !

Protocol (meds taken): puregon 300iu, trigger shot & Crinone gel.

How many follicles at ER: 18 -( 14 over 10mm - 10 over 14mm )

How many eggs retrieved: 13

How many eggs fertilized: 13

How many days between ER and ET: 5 days

How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 1 great looking Blastocyst, 4 frosties.

How many days bed rest: Rested on the lounge day of transfer & next day, then took it really easy for about 3-4 days.

Symptoms or issues during 2ww: no major symptoms, boobs a bit sore, nipples darker, a few little cramps.

What day you got your BFP: 6dp5dt very faint on frer, got darker each day after.

HPT before blood test: No blood test, just a million HPT's

Number of first beta: N/A

Number of babies: 1

Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process: it wasn't as physically bad or draining as I thought it would be, but a little more emotionally draining than I thought. I would have loved to know that it was going to work first go then I wouldn't have stressed & worried about it not working so much.

Just wanted to wish anyone who is going through ivf at the moment the best of luck, reading this thread was very inspiring for me i hope it does the same for you, I know it's tough but try to stay positive, even if it doesn't go your way first time don't give up on your dream, your turn is just around the corner:)

Wishing - seeing you post on here makes me want to cry - in a good way :happydance:

aw thanks mrs max, its been a long journey... You'll be posting her soon I hope!! xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->