Are you using donor eggs or sperm: no
Protocol (meds taken): gonal f, menapur
How many follicles at ER: 15
How many eggs retrieved: 13
How many eggs fertilized: 5 normal, 2 abnormal
How many days between ER and ET: 3
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 8 cell & 7 cell
How many days bed rest: 0, just told not to lift anything heavy for 48 hours
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: none really, felt the same as usual, had some AF-like cramps a little toward the end
What day you got your BFP: 11dp 3dt
HPT before blood test: no
Number of first beta: 362
Number of babies: 2
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process: I wish i believed the people who told me you don't need to have any pg symptoms to get a bfp. I felt so defeated at times during the 2ww. Some women's bodies can tolerate hormones really well & so feel no different. Now here i am at 13 weeks pg and have never had morning sickness or fatigue and i'm carrying twins. I had 30 failed cycles and all of those 2ww, i thought it was over when i could have been more positive. Also, i was a 3dt & i thought it was a bad thing but they both stuck & it was a good thing bc we had no frosties and no money for another cycle. One thing i learned is there is no rhyme or reason to why some get bfp & some get bfn. Just believe & don't give up. I thank god every day for how lucky i am and never for a second take it for granted. GL all ttc!

Congrats Marie! What a wonderful and uplifting success story. H&H pregnancy. :happydance:

Yay Marie - so great to see you post here. Congrats again!!

firstly congratulations to everyone who has been successful & goodluck to all going through their treatments

Name: Katie
How long TTC: 4yrs
Diagnosis or any known issues: Endo, PCOS, NKC & DH has low sperm count/mobilityt
Treatments you tried before IVF: 1 x clomid but was told icsi was the only option for us
How many IVF did you do before success: 4 - 1st failed, 2nd was FET M/C at 6wks, 3rd cancelled due to hyperstimulation, 4th was FET and :bfp:
Are you using donor eggs or sperm: No
Protocol (meds taken): Buserelin, progynova and cyclogest pessaries
How many follicles at ER: can't really remember but alot
How many eggs retrieved: 20
How many eggs fertilized: 14
How many days between ER and ET: embryos frozen day of ER, 7 were thawed and ET was Day 3
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 2 x grade 3, 1 x 8 cell, 1 x 9 cell
How many days bed rest: 1 day on the couch then just took it easy
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: full boobs towards the end but no other symptoms. 1 week after BFP i started bleeding and had bad cramping, i was positive i was miscarrying again ended up in the hospital who did a internal and confirmed i was still pregnant, they booked me in for a scan 4 days later & found 2 beautiful strong heart beats
What day you got your BFP: 11 days after ET
HPT before blood test: Yes
Number of first beta: Not sure
Number of babies: 2 amazing snow babies (22weeks pregnant)

i believe the only reason i was successful on my 4th attempt was due to NKC treatment, i had 4 intralipid treatments - 1st 10 days before ET then once a month until my 4th month. i really don't know how many more times my DH and i would have done IVF, nothing can really prepare you for the emotional & physical rollercoaster that IVF is. Though feeling my 2 babies move & kick about now i would not change a thing :)

Yay TassieGirl!! :baby::baby: What a fantastic story of not giving up! Congrats and I wish you all the best for the rest of your pregnancy. :flower:

Name: RGN
How long TTC: 3 yrs
Diagnosis or any known issues: PCOS, no ovulation, MTHFR, PAI-1, Recurrent miscarriage
Treatments you tried before IVF: clomid, femara, IUI (resulted in three pregnancies but miscarried all)
How many IVF did you do before success: Two failed FETs, Third FET successful
Protocol (meds taken): Follistim, Menopur, Ganirelix, Lupron trigger (plus Lovenox, follic acid, baby asprin, Endometrin, Prednisone, Pepcid around time of transfer)
How many follicles at ER: 100+
How many eggs retrieved: 57 mature
How many eggs fertilized: 33
How many days between ER and ET: 12 embryos made it to blast and were biopsied for Pre-implantation Genetic Screening on day 5 and frozen (no fresh transfer due to OHSS).
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: Not sure of grade. Two PGS-normal embryos transfered
How many days bed rest: Rested for 3 days on the couch
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: Very mild but constant cramping 2dpt-4dpt. Tiny tiny bit of brown spotting 5dpt-7dpt (implantation bleeding?)
What day you got your BFP: positive HPT 5dp5dt
HPT before blood test: Yes, 5dpt-9dpt
Number of first beta: 9dp5dt = 106; 11dp5dt = 213, p4=79; 13dp5dt =399; 16dp5dt = 1530, p4=77
Number of babies: Not sure yet (first scan on June 8) but based on betas probably just one.

Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process: I thought IVF would be a piece of cake since I had gotten pregnant with much less invasive measures three times before but it ended up being a very LONG process with LOTs of delays and cancelled transfers. My advice would be to remain flexible and don't expect everything to go as planned ... the whole process and how your body will respond is very unpredictable. That said, I thought the injections and meds were easy - I had no issues or side effects. Except for OHSS, which was terrible. I've never been so sick. We did IVF for the sole purpose of being able to test for normal chromosomes and were extremely lucky to get 10 normal frosties.

After two failed transfers (plus always struggling to get my lining thick enough) I just knew that I wasn't responding well to the estrogen. My blood levels were sky high but my lining took FOREVER to get to 7.5mm. For the third transfer I wanted to do a natural cycle timed around ovulation. Over stimmulating so much during IVF had thrown off my whole system so Clomid nor Femara would make me ovulate (cancelled two transfers due to no ovulation) so I had to take a low dose of Menopur to induce ovulation. Right before ovulation my lining was about 8.8mm. Transfered 5 days later and finally we got a BFP! If you don't feel you are responding well to the meds, press your RE for alternatives. If something keeps failing, try something different.

For me, getting pregnant is just the first step but I'm hopefull that things will work out this time. Fingers crossed!

Just been catching upon this thread. Congratulations to all the new success stories. Best of luck for everyone still trying. xx

Kazza - i see you are in your 2ww. Try to keep busy & positive. I filled every minute with something & i think it helped me. GL FX!!!

Hello All :)
Found this thread yesterday and Ive read every page! We are starting IVF in 25 days( Count down from AF)!! Im really nervous , so seeing all your success really helps.

Hope to see lots more BFP on here.

xx

Ok ladies - time for some new success stories! We're due for a new one! Come on BFP's!!! :happydance::happydance::happydance:

Name: Goldy
How long TTC: *over 8yrs
Diagnosis or any known issues: Tubal, one tube blocked the other had hydrosalpinx & subsequent blocked for IVF chances
Treatments you tried before IVF: clomid, and natural
How many IVF did you do before success: One failed Ivf & 1 FET successful*
Protocol (meds taken): Menopur, Ganirelix, Lupron trigger on failed fresh ivf cycle and progestorone, Estrace & baby asprin on FET
How many follicles at ER: 25
How many eggs retrieved: 30
How many eggs fertilized: 13
How many days between ER and ET: 5 days on 1st fresh ivf and 11 frozen*
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 5BB & 5AB transferred 1st cycle and the
11 frozen where 5 X 4AA, 4 X 4AB & 2 X 4BB ON FET transfered 2 X 4AA
How many days bed rest: Rested for 5 days on the couch
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: mild but cramping 4dpt. A bit of brown spotting 7dpt
What day you got your BFP: positive HPT 8dp5dt
HPT before blood test: Yes, 9dpt5dt
Number of first beta: 9dp5dt = 200 11dp5dt = 437
(I think!)
Number of babies: one.
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process: I thought IVF would be the sure thing to get pregnant!! Boy was I wrong!! but it ended up being a very long and intense process. FET was very easy though, not much activity. My advice would be to remain flexible and don't expect everything to go as planned ... the whole process is very unpredictable. For me the injections on my fresh cycle and meds were easy. It's not as hard as people make it out to be.

Name: Sarah
How long TTC: 1.5 years
Diagnosis or any known issues: no known issues
Treatments you tried before IVF: clomid, femara, and 3 IUI's
How many IVF did you do before success: none, 1st was successful
Protocol (meds taken): Follistim, Ganirelix, Ovidrel, baby asprin, progesterone shots
How many follicles at ER: not sure
How many eggs retrieved: 16
How many eggs fertilized: 15
How many days between ER and ET: 5 days
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 2 blasts - 1 AA and 1 AB (still have 2 frozen)
How many days bed rest: 2
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: sore boobs, felt like AF was coming
What day you got your BFP: positive HPT 4dp5dt
HPT before blood test: Yes, 4dpt5dt
Number of first beta: 12dp5dt = 798, Second beta: 15dp5dt = 2108
Number of babies: 2 - boy and girl :)
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process: It was not as scary as i thought it was going to be. The worst part was the progesterone shots...my husband gave me these. Make sure you have a nurse that shows you/dh how to give these shots. Keep informed with everything that is going on, ask your doctor/nurse a lot of questions, thats what they are there for.

Name: Ashley
How long TTC: 6 years
Diagnosis or any known issues: undiagnosed :-/
Treatments you tried before IVF: Clomid... then clomid and injectables... then 2 rounds of IUI
How many IVF did you do before success: First time success
Protocol (meds taken): BCP first 10 days of cycle, lupron.. then bravelle, menopur (and I ran out of bravelle and it was too expensive so I compensated that with follistim without my REs knowledge)
How many follicles at ER: ?
How many eggs retrieved:28
How many eggs fertilized:16
How many days between ER and ET: 5
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 2 perfect blasts
How many days bed rest: just the day of transfer then back to work the next day
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: Nothing the first week... closer to the end of 2nd week started feeling queasy and tired
What day you got your BFP: I waited for beta 14 days after transfer
HPT before blood test:No
Number of first beta:3372
Number of babies:2
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process: Its really hard to say not to stress, the whole process is stressful. Wondering if you are finally carrying your baby(ies) after being infertile so long is the biggest worry.. then when u find out u ARE, u worry that u wont have a miscarriage. Im in my 2nd trimester and am still worrying. Just worrying that they make it out healthy and happy and beautiful. Its a rough process. If I had the patience and less anxiety Id use up some more of the embryos we have frozen at the lab but after these two, I think I am done unless it happens naturally. The worrying process is just too much. Especially when you have to stay on medication throughout your whole pregnancy just to make sure you and the baby(ies) are ok. Just stay positive because half the worrying is for nothing

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->