Treatments you tried before IVF: None
How many IVF did you do before success: 1st cycle
Are you using donor eggs or sperm: No
Protocol (meds taken): Prostap, Menopur, Trigger shot
How many follicles at ER: 22
How many eggs retrieved: 13
How many eggs fertilized: 11
How many days between ER and ET: 5
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: I grade 2bb and 1early developing blastocyst. 1 day 5 frostie.
How many days bed rest: About 3 days relaxing at home but took 1 week off work.
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: NONE!!! I drove myself mad thinking it hadnt worked. A couple of days before my blood test I had cramps as though AF was coming and I was distraught. I was emotional for the full 10 day wait but put this down to the drugs.
What day you got your BFP: 10 days past 5 day transfer
HPT before blood test: NO
Number of first beta: 250
Number of babies: Not sure yet!!
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process:

Acupuncure really helped in the run up to my IVF and I had it at the clinic immediately before and after the transfer. It made me feel confident that I was doing everything I possibly could to make it a success.

That not everyone will get pregnancy symptoms and comparing yourself to other girls who have sore boobs and are peeing all through the night is not helpful! I genuinely felt like my period was coming and was not expecting a BFP at all. Its not over till its over! :thumbup:

Congratulatons to everyone! xx

Same here, one week after OTD at 5w3d.

Hey ladies, I have only just got my BFP from my first ICSI cycle - 11 days post 5 day transfer.

My clinic have booked me in for my first ultrasound in 4 weeks and I just wondered when everyone had their first one? I was expecting it to be in 2 or 3 weeks time. X
Hi, I had mine when I was 5.5 weeks pregnant (so a week and a half from my OTD). They wanted to check that it was in the right place and that there was a heart beat. Not sure what the norm is in terms of when they do this x

This thread was an inspiration, so I figured I finally better post here.

Name: chichifab
How long TTC: Over 3 years
Diagnosis or any known issues: PCOS, Both blocked tubes
How many IVF did you do before success: 4 cycles, 1 MC
Are you using donor eggs or sperm: No
Protocol (meds taken): Long Protocol - Supricor, Metmorphine, Gonal F, Steroids, Doxycycline, Ovidrel trigger, progesterone suppositories and baby asprin
How many follicles at ER: unknown
How many eggs retrieved: 10 (I had 5 in the end as an egg sharer)
How many eggs fertilized: 3
How many days between ER and ET: 2 day transfer
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: Transferred 1 grade 1 and 1 grade 2
How many days bed rest: Took it easy thats all
What day you got your BFP: 9 days after transfer
HPT before blood test: yes
Number of first beta: 98 at 11dpt
Number of babies: 1

Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process: 2 day transfers do work. I have always had blastosyst transfers and I under estimated 2 day transfers. Being relegious, I belive trusting in God is the only way!

Congratulations chichi fab, we are going for our 4th Icsi after christmas and you have given me some hope today!!

Have a healthy and happy pregnancy xx

Congratulations chichi fab, we are going for our 4th Icsi after christmas and you have given me some hope today!!

Have a healthy and happy pregnancy xx

Hi,

Keep moving forward and not looking at your failed tries. Remember, every cycle is a new opportunity! All the best and I pray you get a bfp this time :flower:

Congrats chichifab - I was a 2 dayer as well. Sometime I belive it is best for baby to be back with its mum asap ;) Good luck for the rest of your pregnancy - it is such a blessing :hug:

Congrats chichifab I too was a 2dt. Enjoy your pregnancy

5 weeks? Woohoo!!! It goes by fast so get ready!!!! I still think it is too good to be true!!! I think with us IVFers/longer term ttc's, or at least with me-I never thought I would see a BFP and now that I have I am nervous to get excited....I wish I felt more happy and more excited, but I think I am holding back after all DH and I have gone through. Another part of it just not feeling "real" yet is perhaps that no one knows what is going on-once I announce I'll let you know if my feelings change-I hope so! LOL

P.S I love hearing success with 2dt, I know that 5dt are "preferred" by many-but I think 2/3/5 have their pluses and minuses =)

IVF was the answer to our prayers as well. It took us a little less than 2 yrs to finally get a BFP. After finding out that I had a blocked tube, we moved on to IUIs and one month of injections. Not till our first try of IVF did we actually get the results we wanted. Don't lose hope ladies.

Almost, I know exactly how you feel. I'm so excited that we finally got BFP but I still think what it something happens. I can't wait till our next scan to see their little hearts beating.

Glad I am not the only one! And is it a 12week doppler apt for you or a full scan? I do not get to see baby, only hear on the doppler-I miss seeing baby!! =(

5 weeks? Woohoo!!! It goes by fast so get ready!!!! I still think it is too good to be true!!! I think with us IVFers/longer term ttc's, or at least with me-I never thought I would see a BFP and now that I have I am nervous to get excited....I wish I felt more happy and more excited, but I think I am holding back after all DH and I have gone through. Another part of it just not feeling "real" yet is perhaps that no one knows what is going on-once I announce I'll let you know if my feelings change-I hope so! LOL

Thats how I feel, I just cant get excited! I am such a worrier and dont think I will be able to get completely excited until we reach the 13 weeks. Seeing a BPF after LTTC and IVF is just so surreal. I am so tempted to bring my scan forward to 7 weeks so that I can hopefully hear a nice strong heartbeat and relax a little!!!

I agree once 2nd tri hits it will hopefully feel more real and we can get more excited!!!!

I agree once 2nd tri hits it will hopefully feel more real and we can get more excited!!!!
I was the same too; desperate to get a BFP but now I have I've been a little too nervous to get really excited. I'm just into my second tri now (just over 15 weeks). Think I did relax a bit more when I got to the end of week 13 and with each scan. If do-able, private scans have been great as they give you that extra confidence. I suspect I'll relax a bit more when my bump looks more established. Only just now started to look at baby stuff even though when I do I'm worried it will jinx it!

J x

Aw Jules-congrats on being 15 weeks, wow!!! =) Glad to hear second tri eased your mind-it does stink we will not get a second scan til 20 weeks...I am not moving into a house until right before baby comes so in no rush to pack up my house with stuff until then-so after my gender scan I will start to shop a little bit =)

and i agree with sweetness-let's hear more IVF success stories!! =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->