List your IVF Successes here

Name: Helen
How long TTC: 4 years
Diagnosis or any known issues: Mangled insides possibly caused by endo or an old infection
Treatments you tried before IVF: none
How many IVF did you do before success: Conceived on my 5th IVF
Are you using donor eggs or sperm: No
Protocol (meds taken): 1st to 4th IVF Synarel and Menupur 5th IVF Buserelin and Gonal F
How many follicles at ER: not sure
How many eggs retrieved: 12 eggs on 5th attempt (best results ever)
How many eggs fertilized: 8 out of 11 (1 immature egg)
How many days between ER and ET: 3
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: Not sure but they were described as 'beautiful' grade 4/3 I think with grade 4 being the highest grade
How many days bed rest: 0 went straight to work following ET
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: Felt cramping at equivalent of 8dpo, no spotting
What day you got your BFP: equivalent of 17dpo, official test at clinic
HPT before blood test: No, decided not to test in advance
Number of first beta: 484
Number of babies: 1
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process: if you feel your clinic is not doing the best for you don't be afraid to move. We waited til our 5th attempt to move, wish we'd done it sooner! Expect twists and turns at every stage!

Helen :) congratulations to you i am so happy to see you posting here. Wishing you a happy and healthy remaining pregnancy.
It's lovely tosee everyivf success herebut especially repeat ivf'ers!

Ah thanks Nell, that's lovely.

Fantastic to hear that you are now a Mum!! Wonderful news xxx

I've spent the day (on and off) reading this whole thread! It's part of my research as we will be undergoing IVF in the new year (probably March). So thanks everyone for your contributions; it's helped me understand a little bit more about the process and has given me hope for success rates. Congratulations on all the new babies, and to all the bfp-ers and good luck to those embarking on assisted conception imminently.
I hope to post back here some time with my own success story, but in the meantime, I'll continue to check in, in the hope of reading about more successes!

I've spent the day (on and off) reading this whole thread! It's part of my research as we will be undergoing IVF in the new year (probably March). So thanks everyone for your contributions; it's helped me understand a little bit more about the process and has given me hope for success rates. Congratulations on all the new babies, and to all the bfp-ers and good luck to those embarking on assisted conception imminently.
I hope to post back here some time with my own success story, but in the meantime, I'll continue to check in, in the hope of reading about more successes!

Good Luck to you!

Name: Michelle
How long TTC: 12 years+
Diagnosis or any known issues: 1 tube removed due to ectopic other damaged (dont know reason)
Treatments you tried before IVF: none
How many IVF did you do before success: Success on 2nd ivf
Are you using donor eggs or sperm: no
Protocol (meds taken): 1st ivf long protocol d/r 0.5ml Busereline, stim gonal f + busereline. 2nd ivf short protocal d/r marvelon (pill) stim gonal f
How many follicles at ER: 1st ivf 22. 2nd ivf 13
How many eggs retrieved:1st 18. 2nd 9
How many eggs fertilized: 1st 14. 2nd 7
How many days between ER and ET: 5 days for both
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 1st ivf 1 blast transferred. 2nd ivf 2 blasts transferred. Dont know quality.
How many days bed rest: 1st ivf 1 week. 2nd ivf the whole time (lol)
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: 1st ivf OHSS. 2nd ivf bad cramps for the forst 3 days
What day you got your BFP: 2nd ivf 5dp5dt
HPT before blood test: yes
Number of first beta: at 5 weeks pregnant 3000
Number of babies: 2 at first scan but lost 1 at second scan

Name: Holdontohope
How long TTC: about 18 months with an ex bf of 5 years. We ended up going our separate ways the same month I was told IVF was my only option. So I moved forward with IVF and a sperm donor.
Diagnosis or any known issues: stage 4 endometriosis, 3 surgeries, 1 damaged tube
Treatments you tried before IVF: couple rounds of clomid with ex bf.
How many IVF did you do before success: first and last!!
Are you using donor eggs or sperm: yes, donor sperm
Protocol (meds taken): long lupron protocol: BCP, baby aspirin, folic acid, lupron, menopur, noval (trigger name?), endometrium, estrace, dexamethasone, doxycycline
How many follicles at ER: 12
How many eggs retrieved: 18
How many eggs fertilized: 14 ICSI
How many days between ER and ET: 5 days
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 2 grade A highest quality transferred :baby::baby:
How many frozen: 10 grade A :cold:!!
How many days bed rest: FS said 0... But I went immediately back to hotel room and lounged around for the rest of the night. Then the next day besides the 4 hour car ride home, lounged again.
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: where to start... Severe bloating got worse around 4dp5dt. Nausea, headache, cramping, very light pink scant spotting.
What day you got your BFP: 7dp5dt blood test
HPT before blood test: NO
Number of first beta: Didin't want to know the actual number, I am a worrier, google is not my friend :haha: FS just said it was excellent!!
Number of babies: 1 strong baby :cloud9:
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process: How emotionally and physically draining the whole IVF process is! I don't know one single person personally who has done IVF, so I guess I was a bit overwhelmed. I am so glad for bnb!! Also, I wish I would of had more trust in my FS:blush: I doubted him several times just being my paranoid self.. And he was 100% rite on everything he did/said with me. And just remember... EVERY moment is completely worth it in the end!! :hugs:

Name: Meg
How long TTC: 3 years
Diagnosis or any known issues: Severe endometriosis, very low AMH (.26)
Treatments you tried before IVF: lap surgery for endo, accupuncture
How many IVF did you do before success: Very lucky to concieve on my first!
Are you using donor eggs or sperm: No
Protocol (meds taken): long cycle with high gonal f (I think 300)
How many follicles at ER: only 7
How many eggs retrieved: 7 eggs, 6 mature
How many eggs fertilized: 5
How many days between ER and ET: 5
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: not sure exact grade but I was told all were very high quality and they were happy with the results
How many days bed rest: 0 (my doc said it was totally unnecessary) I did take it easy for a day or so- mostly because I was freaked out
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: Really not much. I had cramps leading up to 2 weeks that made me sure I was getting my period. I did notice my boobs were slightly bigger but thought it might just be from the cycle hormones.
What day you got your BFP: 14 days post transfer
Number of first beta: 600+ (can't remember exact number now!)
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process: make sure you feel 100% confident with your doctor and clinic- it is a long haul and you need to trust your instincts. Easier said than done, but do try to limit the amount of material you read and all the tips etc because at the end of the day there are some small things you can do (ie cutting down coffee, getting to a healthy weight, reducing alcohol) but the little things (eating more avocados, trying to be 100% relaxed and all the other things you might be told) are not going to make or break your cycle and in fact they may just stress you out! Do what's right for you and just be easy on yourself.
#1 piece of advice: read the success stories and try to remember that MANY people get pregnant under EXTREMELY difficult circumstances. You may need to wait longer than you wanted, but hold out hope that it will indeed happen for you. Good luck!!!

Thanks for these posts ladies! Make me feel much better about starting IVF in the next few months! Congratulations on your BFPs!!
Em xxx

I'm really hoping to be able to post a story in here soon! Yesterday our letter arrived inviting us for our initial ivf meeting next week! eek!

Someone give us another story to keep me and others going...

Name: Karissa
How long TTC: 19 months
Diagnosis or any known issues: Unknown (low sperm and motility but they said not enough to cause problems so said we were unknown)
Treatments you tried before IVF: 4 IUI's
How many IVF did you do before success: 1 IVF (had to freeze all), and after a false start FET where we were not allowed to transfer we had a successful FET cycle
Are you using donor eggs or sperm: no
Protocol (meds taken): IVF (gonal-f, menopur, cetrotide, baby aspirin) FET (estrogen shots and PIO shots and baby aspirin)
How many follicles at ER: 41
How many eggs retrieved:41
How many eggs fertilized: 18
How many days between ER and ET: Transferred 5 day blasts for FET
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 2 5 day blasts they didnt say quality
How many days bed rest: 3 days
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: some minor cramping and sore boobs but thought that could be due to progesterone
What day you got your BFP: 6dp5dt
HPT before blood test: yes
Number of first beta: 147

Name:Wannabeprego

How long TTC:3 yrs

Diagnosis or any known issues:stage 2 endometriosis, DH has a low sperm count from a 14 year old vasectomy reversal, I had a polyp removed from my uterus during a hysteroscopy, and a laparascopy to remove my Endo and scar tissue, I have a damaged right fallopian tube

Treatments you tried before IVF:3 cycles of clomid 50 mg, and one canceled IUI clomid 50 mg cycle

How many IVF did you do before success: none, I was successful on my 1st cycle

Are you using donor eggs or sperm:no, we did ICSI with DH's :spermy:

Protocol (meds taken):long protocol, lupron, menopur, gonal f, HCG trigger shot, one piroxicam pill 2 hours before ET due to my endo and it helps with implantation, after ET I took vaginal progesterone, vaginal estrogen pill, baby aspirin, lovenox injections for 1 week due to high estrogen levels

How many follicles at ER: 14

How many eggs retrieved:20

How many eggs fertilized:9 mature and 9 fertilized with ICSI

How many days between ER and ET:11/21/2012 was the ET and ER was on 11/26/2012

How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 3 (5 day old) great quality embryos were transfered during ET (some embryos went to 6 days to finish developing) and I have 3 frozen embryos for future use, 2 didn't make it

How many days bed rest: I just layed down for 15 minutes after ET in the DR's office and took it easy the rest of the day

Symptoms or issues during 2WW:tender breasts, lots of cramping after ET,fatigue, bloating

What day you got your BFP: 3days past a 5 day transfer I got light lines on my HPT and they were darker and I was sure at 5 days past 5 DT

HPT before blood test:yes, listed above

Number of first beta:My HCG bloods at 4weeks were 203 and at 4 weeks and 2 days it was 365, at 6 weeks and 2 days my HCG bloods were nice and high at 22,461

Number of babies:2 it's twins!! :happydance:

Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process: The IVF process wasn't as bad or as scary as I thought it was going to be. It wasn't fun but it is not as bad as what you imagine it is going to be in your mind. :thumbup: Try to relax and be positive throughout the process because I think that helps a great deal.:winkwink:

Woo hoo wannabe fab to see your post in here congratulations again :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->