List your IVF Successes here

Bumping this as I'm starting IVF soon and wanted to hear more success stories! :)

Just got my bfp after a year of trying, tests, IUIs etc etc! I`m 40 years young and we got lucky with our first IVF! I'm very nervous about the dreaded viability scan (ugh) in two weeks. But still this feels like such a victory and I'm determined to enjoy this, every minute of every day, for now :hugs:

long antagonist protocol
300mg repronex daily for 10 days
egg retrieval: 22 (! mild ohss, overstimulated)
9 fertilized
6 matured to 3 days
2 transferred
bfp on day 15 post transfer - beta1 196 - beta2 394
:happydance:

I really want to see soem more success stories on this thread - it was a lifesaver to me when I went through IVF, but has got quite conversational now, which is great but not what lots of ladies hold on to this thread for.

I've waited a long time to post my own success story, so here is is. This thread really helped me while going through IVF back in August.

Name: SashimiMimi
How long TTC: 15 months
Diagnosis or any known issues: low ovarian reserve, egg quality issues, hostile CM, hypothyroidism
Treatments you tried before IVF: 3 failed IUIs. One natural, one with Femara, one with puregon injections.
How many IVF did you do before success: None! Success on first try!
Are you using donor eggs or sperm: No.
Protocol (meds taken): Lupron, puregon, repronex. Progesterone injections and Estrace after transfer. Also did acupuncture throughout entire cycle.
How many follicles at ER: 15
How many eggs retrieved: 15
How many eggs fertilized: 3. Only one survived for transfer.
How many days between ER and ET: 3
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 1 embryo. 8 cell grade 2.
How many days bed rest: 5 days. Took a week off wrk.
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: Came down with a fever and very upset stomach at 5dpt. No usual symptoms otherwise that would indicate a BFP was in its way!
What day you got your BFP: HPT 11dp3dt showed BFP. Beta confirmed it 13dp3dt
HPT before blood test: Yes.
Number of first beta: 176
Number of babies: 1
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process: that a low fertilization rate is not the end of the world. I was devastated that only 3 eggs fertilized out of 15! I was terrified none would make it to transfer. But one did and I was convinced that wasn't enough. It was and it only takes one little embie to make a baby!

Good luck to everyone going through IVF! Please feel free to PM me if you have any questions about the process. :)

Congrats I love theses story's really can't wait till the day I post mine :) keep them all coming there helping is ladies waiting loads :) :)

woohoo congrats sashimi!! IVF is really such a wonderful thing (not needed it, but the results it brings of course)!!!

This is a great thread love reading happy ever afters x x
Congratulations to all happy and healthy 9 months
And sticky babydust to the rest of us on this journey x.

Vermeil, congratulations! I also had 9 fertilized & 2 transferred. Your #'s are almost identical to mine. You may be carrying twins :)

Dear mummies-to-be,

I'm a reporter from Sunday Times and I'm working on a year-end feature on mums to be who are expecting a baby in 2013. We're looking to feature about 10 or more mums in a variety of circumstances, for eg, mum who has been trying for IVF baby, or mum who is finally pregnant after a long time of trying. Someone with an interesting back story to the pregnancy who can also encourage others in the same boat.

If you do not mind being interviewed(short one) and photographed, could you please let me know?

Thank you very much!

Jane Ng

Name: green eyes
How long TTC: 3.5 years
Diagnosis or any known issues: me-lean pcos, dh- very low motility
Treatments you tried before IVF: 9 IUI's, 1 IVF
How many IVF did you do before success: conceived my 2nd round
Are you using donor eggs or sperm: no
Protocol (meds taken): long protocol, bcp, bravelle, menopur, ganirelix
How many follicles at ER: 17
How many eggs retrieved: 17
How many eggs fertilized: 13
How many days between ER and ET: 5
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 2 top grade embies
How many days bed rest: 3
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: symptoms of ohss
What day you got your BFP: 5dp5dt
HPT before blood test: yes
Number of first beta: 275
Number of babies: 2
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process: nope, this was my 2nd round and was a breeze compared to my 1st round. Had different re's for each ivf. The 2nd re knows what he's doing.

Name: Rona
How long TTC: 9.5 years
Diagnosis or any known issues: Unexplained
Treatments you tried before IVF: 9 Clomids (here and there), 3 IUIs, 2 IVFs
How many IVF did you do before success: Conceived my 2nd IVF
Are you using donor eggs or sperm: No
Protocol (meds taken): 1st IVF: Antagonist (Menopur/Bravelle/Cetrotide), 2nd IVF: Estrogen Primming Protocol (EPP) (Menopur/Bravelle/Cetrotide and few others)
How many follicles at ER: 1st IVF: 9 2nd IVF: 8
How many eggs retrieved: 1st IVF: 5 2nd IVF: 6
How many eggs fertilized: 1st IVF: 5 2nd IVF: 4
How many days between ER and ET: 1st IVF: 5 2nd IVF: 3
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: Don't remember, 1st IVF: Slow grow on Day 4 just become compacted Morulas. 2nd IVF: Between 7 to 6 cells.
How many days bed rest: 1
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: Nothing
What day you got your BFP: Not sure, the line never goes, but getting darker each day.
HPT before blood test: Yes
Number of first beta: 272
Number of babies: 1
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process: For the first IVF I stopped taking caffeine, try to follow the book. When it failed, my 2nd IVF much more relax, I drink Starbucks every day, I eat a lot of rice and chinese food, I more relax....I laugh a lot and take it easy. In my mind, if it meant to be, it meant to be. And so grateful that I am pregnant.

Congrats Rona! Glad to see your pregnant! I've spoke to you on other threads a long while back.

Congrats Rona! Very happy to see this as I've seen you on the over 35 threads as well. You've given me hope for my current IVF cycle!!

Congrats on your pregnancy also greeneye :). Hockey...good luck, your time will come!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->