List your IVF Successes here

Wow loads of success stories at the mo :) congratulations everyone and yey to more twin mummy to be's :) xxx

Stacergirl nice ticker :haha:, 3 days to u/s, i bet you are excited.

Name: Stacey
How long TTC: 4 1/2 years
Diagnosis or any known issues: VR reversal anti sperm antibodies
Treatments you tried before IVF: none
How many IVF did you do before success: 2 cycles lucky 2nd time :happydance:
Protocol (meds taken): down regged with synarel nasal spray and then stimmed with gonal F
How many follicles at ER: 20+
How many eggs retrieved:30
How many eggs fertilized: 23 mature 14 fertilised 10 taken to blast
How many days between ER and ET:5
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 1 grade 4BB blast, 2 Frozen embies :cold:
How many days bed rest: 2 days
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: Felt sick hot and dizzy but I developed severe OHSS
What day you got your BFP: 6dp5dt blood test
HPT before blood test: no
Number of first beta: 42
Number of babies: One little boy :cloud9:
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process:
To relax more, sometimes things are out of your hands don't be hard on yourself.
I was 100% sure it hadn't worked this time but it had!

Congratulations justone, am 17 weeks 2 days too. I also had mild OHSS also, was at the hospital for 5 days. have you started feeling your LO move?

mamali :hugs: we are the same day i think i say that every time!

I just got back from our 16 week appointment and measuring 19 weeks and baby a heartbeat was 160 and baby b heartbeat was 155. First time they haven't been 1 number off on the heartbeat.

Mamali congratulations to you too! :hugs:
Yes feeeling little movement s every now and eagian nothing major but can definitely feel him :cloud9:

Hi Ladies, I'll go ahead and contribute my story!!

Name: Stacey
How long TTC: 2 years
Diagnosis or any known issues: Endometriosis and Low AMH
How many IVF did you do before success: first time lucky
Protocol (meds taken): menopur, follistim, ganireliz, pregnyl, crinone, estradiol
How many follicles at ER: 6
How many eggs retrieved:6
How many eggs fertilized: 3
How many days between ER and ET:3
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 2 8 cell, top grade embryos
How many days bed rest: the remainder of ET day but then resumed normal activity and went to work the next day (desk job though)
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: sore breasts, fatigue (especially around implantation), feeling cold all the time, peeing frequently
What day you got your BFP: 12dpt3dt (first time I tested, didn't want a false negative)
HPT before blood test: yes
Number of first beta: 397, second 957
Number of babies: 2 babies!!!! :)
The process is long and draining, but worth it. Try to stay positive and take one day at a time, don't look forward too much or you'll get stressed.

congrats stacergirl!!! were you expecting 2? how exciting!!!:hugs:

Joeys-Thanks!!! yes and no. We put 2 back in and the doctor said we had a 50% chance of twins, and the embryos we did put back were the exact same quality, etc. so I thought of it. But honestly when I went in for the ultrasound I totally forgot there could be twins and was completely shocked! But we're excited!!! It works out perfect since I have low amh and we weren't able to freeze any!!

oh yeah i know how you feel. We had great quality 2 eggs. we were just hoping it worked i guess we never really thought the posibility of twins happening since we were never able to get pregnant so just getting 1 would be great but 2 even better. We only want 2 so this is perfect. Oh yeah not freezing any is tough because thinking if this didn't work but congrats on it working. HOw exciting. It will go so fast!!!:hugs::hugs:

Name: Jackie
How long TTC: 5.5 years
Diagnosis or any known issues: Unexplained (all test yielded no issues)
Treatments you tried before IVF: Clomid, IUI, IUI w/injectables.
How many IVF did you do before success: I did an IUI which was converted to IVF in Dec. 2012 :bfp: 2nd (but real) IVF June 2013 :bfp:
Are you using donor eggs or sperm: No
Protocol (meds taken):
Antagonist Protocol... Bcp, Follistim, Menopur, Garinelix, Pregnyl, Cornine, Prometrium, Estrace.

How many follicles at ER: 30+
How many eggs retrieved: 10
How many eggs fertilized: 9 (none to freeze though)
How many days between ER and ET: 3
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: We transfered a 9, 8, & 7 cell embryos (total 3)
How many days bed rest: Was told not to, but I just relaxed around the house for 5 days.
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: No symptoms or issues
What day you got your BFP: 6 day past my 3 day transfer (9 dpo)
HPT before blood test: Yes every single day!
Number of first beta: 11dp3dt 127
Number of babies: 2
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process: Don't get caught up in the numbers or what day you actually have your transfer! I freaked out when I had to do a 3 day and look here I am with twins!

You need to update this list August :) Since you're not having triplets!

Name: Kelly
How long TTC: 16 months
Diagnosis or any known issues: uterine polyp, one blocked tube, MFI
How many IVF did you do before success: First time lucky!
Protocol (meds taken): Microdose Lupron Protocol with Gonal F
How many follicles at ER: 14
How many eggs fertilized: 6 with ICSI, 3 made it to day 3
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 3 transferred (9, 8, & 7 celled... my clinic doesn't grade quality)
How many days bed rest: 3 days strict, then another 3 laying around
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: Felt just like AF was on the way.. crampy, tired, bloated, thought for sure it hadn't worked
What day you got your BFP: 14 dpo (11dp3dt)
HPT before blood test: yes, and was devastated on 13dpo when it was a BFN
Number of first beta: 96 at 16dpo (13dp3dt) then 243 48 hours later
Number of babies: One strong heartbeat at 8 weeks, 4 days :)

When you first get all your meds, it can be a little overwhelming, but the medications and needles really aren't the hard part. The most difficult part for me was the not knowing, the waiting to see how many eggs would be viable, and waiting the two weeks out. We also had a scare at our first scan because the baby was measuring small, so again, we had to wait 10 days to see how it was doing... the waiting is brutal!! But in the end, its amazing, and so worth the roller coaster, I promise. :happydance:

Sending love and prayers to all of you :hugs:

Name: Kelly
Diagnosis or any known issues: uterine polyp, one blocked tube, MFI
How many IVF did you do before success: First time lucky!
Protocol (meds taken): Microdose Lupron Protocol with Gonal F
How many follicles at ER: 14
How many eggs fertilized: 6 with ICSI, 3 made it to day 3
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 3 transferred (9, 8, & 7 celled... my clinic doesn't grade quality)
How many days bed rest: 3 days strict, then another 3 laying around
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: Felt just like AF was on the way.. crampy, tired, bloated, thought for sure it hadn't worked
What day you got your BFP: 14 dpo (11dp3dt)
HPT before blood test: yes, and was devastated on 13dpo when it was a BFN
Number of first beta: 96 at 16dpo (13dp3dt) then 243 48 hours later
Number of babies: One strong heartbeat at 8 weeks, 4 days :)

When you first get all your meds, it can be a little overwhelming, but the medications and needles really aren't the hard part. The most difficult part for me was the not knowing, the waiting to see how many eggs would be viable, and waiting the two weeks out. We also had a scare at our first scan because the baby was measuring small, so again, we had to wait 10 days to see how it was doing... the waiting is brutal!! But in the end, its amazing, and so worth the roller coaster, I promise. :happydance:

Oh, and also, don't worry about the numbers. I only had 6 eggs, and my betas seemed low compared to others, but now that I'm pregnant with what (God willing) appears to be a healthy little peanut, the numbers mean nothing.

Sending love and prayers to all of you :hugs:

Congrats I hope to post mine soon:)

Name: Gemma
Diagnosis or any known issues: MF - low count
How many IVF did you do before success: 2 fresh cycles
Protocol (meds taken): antagonist cycle. Successful cycle we used Gonal-F 187.5iu, Orgalutran & Ovidrel
How many follicles at ER: 12
How many eggs retrieved: 11
How many eggs fertilized: 11
How many days between ER and ET: 4 days
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: transferred 1 & we were not given a grade, my clinic doesn't grade them. But it was a day 4 Morula.
How many days bed rest: zero, my clinic doesn't believe in bed rest.
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: None, felt really normal.
What day you got your BFP: 12dp4dt
HPT before blood test: no! And I recommend not doing it.
Number of first beta: my clinic doesn't give betas. Just got told we had a strong BFP!
Number of babies: One beautiful little baby due in January!
You'll second guess everything, but you need to trust your Dr! I freaked out over a 4 day transfer as it's almost unheard of, but they were right. I also wish i'd known about acupuncture for my first cycle, I believe it helped us get our BFP! Also, no one can prepare you for the emotions and toughness of IVF. But when you see that heartbeat, it's all so worth it!!!

Congratulations Valentine! Must feel wonderful. Interested by your comments on acupuncture and wondering if you could give me some advice please? I'm 4 days into stims.

Went for my first acupuncture session this morning. After talking through my health and reasons for ivf for about 25 mins, the actual acupuncture took about 3 minutes and consisted of him sticking 4 needles in my feet (which killed) and then listening to my pulse and saying 'ah yes, a much better balance'.

Apparently he was trying to deal with the fact that my hands get cold and that I'm currently waking up too early, before he then moves on to address blood flow to the uterus. We have male factor infertility and there are no known problems with me, but I would have thought as I'm about a week away from EC, that the focus would be on my ovaries and eggs?

I've paid £60 for this. I feel like I might have been ripped off. Also should the needles hurt? Really painful not relaxing. My own injections don't hurt me at all.

Thanks Baby Me!
It's really hard to say, I know all acupuncturists are different. I know that they do want warm hands and to settle things down but I would have assumed they'd be working on your eggs at this stage. Is your acupuncturist a fertility one?
Personally, I would look and see if you could maybe get in to another one for a second opinion. But then again you might find your next appt they do focus on the other stuff and it was just a start up.
Needles can hurt in the feet, mine do sometimes. Apparently it can depend on where you are in your cycle.
I'd definitely get a second opinion. But remember you do want if do egg quality, but the most important sessions are before and after transfer!!!
Good luck!!! Hope you get your BFP!!!

By the reckoning of my 'favourites' list, I haven't checked in since April, so I've just been catching up. Congratulations to all those who have received their BFPs in the meantime (or listed their procedures any way); lots of twins it seems!

I'm hoping to be able to add my experience in the not too distant future (God willing!) Due to start down-reg next week... eek!

Just a huge thank you to everyone who has posted their success stories on here! I am just about to start my meds for IVF/ICSI and I feel in a very strange zone! Sooo excited but full of fear of the failure......I am so very positive but at 42 I know that I don't have too much time.

So success stories really do help:flower:

Good luck Emmi! There are so many positive stories here!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->