List your IVF Successes here

ohk..so i was always reading the posts on this thread..helped me a lot to stay positive!!I always hoped i get to post here and today i shall!!!!

Name:mission_mommy
How long TTC:1.5yrs
Diagnosis or any known issues:endometriosis and 1%morphology!
Treatments you tried before IVF:Herbs, pressed,vitamins...laproscopy!
How many IVF did you do before success:1st IVF fresh cycle was freeze all. 1st FET was success!
Are you using donor eggs or sperm:no
Protocol (meds taken):lupron,follistim,lowdose hcg for fresh cycle. Lupron, estrace ,pio for FET
How many follicles at ER:Around 13
How many eggs retrieved:13
How many eggs fertilized:13
How many days between ER and ET:3 months.
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred:2 hatching blasts AA grade
How many days bed rest:none. I Relaxed for the day of transfer and did normal activities from day 2.
Symptoms or issues during 2WW:severe leg pain 3dp5dt..a pain which i never felt before . slight twinges on the day of transfer.
What day you got your BFP:5d5dt
HPT before blood test:yes ..many. lol!
Number of first beta:612
Number of babies:2
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process: take one day at a time , have faith in God andd your RE and stay positive...it makes the process easier and less stressful!

Name: Josie
How long TTC: 1 year
Diagnosis or any known issues: PCOS
Treatments you tried before IVF: 2- IUI
How many IVF did you do before success: 1- thank God
Are you using donor eggs or sperm: sperm
Protocol (meds taken): gonal F, lupron
How many follicles at ER: 8 I think
How many eggs retrieved: 7
How many eggs fertilized: 6
How many days between ER and ET: 5
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 3 perfect
How many days bed rest: 2
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: nothing I remembered
What day you got your BFP: 8 days past transfer
HPT before blood test: 8 days past transfer
Number of first beta: 1600
Number of babies: 1 (even though they saw two yolk sacs. they thought it was going to be identical twins, but nope)
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process:
It's a very very very stressful process. I wish I had gone straight to IVF, but I believe everything happened for a reason.

Lovely idea, and makes interesting, and encouraging, reading. I've only just had my positive result (yesterday) so it's still very early days. But here goes for me (PS - what does BFP stand for?)

Name: sdconnolly
How long TTC: 2 yrs
Diagnosis or any known issues: nothing, apart from my age!
Treatments you tried before IVF: none
How many IVF did you do before success: success on 4th attempt of ICSI
Are you using donor eggs or sperm: No
Protocol (meds taken): DHEA for 6 weeks, Suprefact nasal spray, then menopur and pregnyl before egg collection. Medrol after collection and before transfer (to reduce my immune system) and utrogestan. After transfer, taking aspirin and clexane for first time
How many follicles at ER: 11
How many eggs retrieved: 10
How many eggs fertilized: 8 used for ICSI, 3 transferred, none good enough for freezing
How many days between ER and ET: 3
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 3 transferred, top quality for first time (although not sure if this applies to all 3)
How many days bed rest: none - went back to work day after egg collection, but did take it easy after transfer and took 3 days off work. Didn't stay in bed though (made the most of the time off to shop, catch up with friends and get a lovely head massage!)
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: tired in first week, and 5 days after transfer felt light headed, sore breasts towards end of 2WW (although had this each time too)
What day you got your BFP: day 14 after transfer
HPT before blood test: No
Number of first beta: 599
Number of babies: 0
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process!

Name: Kelly
How long TTC: 5years
Diagnosis or any known issues: PCOS and low sperm morphology
Treatments you tried before IVF: I fresh ivf and 6 clomid cycles
How many IVF did you do before success: 1 fresh an successful fet
Are you using donor eggs or sperm: no
Protocol (meds taken): gonal F, burserelin, and trigger
How many follicles at ER: 13
How many eggs retrieved:17
How many eggs fertilized: 14
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 2 blasts that survived thaw
How many days bed rest: 5
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: spotting and bleeding
What day you got your BFP: 4dpt
HPT before blood test: yeah
Number of first beta: na
Number of babies:2 perfect babies
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process:
Just to take each day as it comes and not read Into numbers too much :)

Hello, I love this thread, so much so I've read every page at least four times! :haha:

Name: Holly
How long TTC: two and a half years
Diagnosis or any known issues: High NK cells count, very low sperm count/quality/mobility (as in struggled to find six on last sample...)
Treatments you tried before IVF: None
How many IVF did you do before success: One, worked second time around.
Are you using donor eggs or sperm: no
Protocol (meds taken): Synerel spray, menopur
How many follicles at ER: 5 huge ones on first scan. Had to have egg collection early but ended up with eleven
How many eggs retrieved: 11 (kept 6, shared the other 5)
How many eggs fertilized: 5
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 2 blasts
How many days bed rest: Took it easy on the day and took the week off work
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: sore nipples, period style cramping, sharp pains to the right, ache in cervix, hot flushes, headaches
What day you got your BFP: 7dpt
HPT before blood test: yes - 6
Number of first beta: Doctors wouldn't do a blood test
Number of babies: 1 baby
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process: How stressful is it! For this round I had the endometrial scratch and acupuncture two months before and before and after transfer and would definitely recommend them. TWW is horrendous and I found not being at work helped a lot. Also, don't be discouraged by cramps - I had them up until 9 weeks.

Thanks greeneyes! I'm definitely starting to get a little anxious/excited so I love hearing all these success stories!

Name: Terra
How long TTC: 7 years
Diagnosis or any known issues: Ectopic caused a tube to be removed, remaining tube is blocked
Treatments you tried before IVF: Had to go straight to IVF
How many IVF did you do before success: None, I did one and it's a success
Protocol (meds taken): Menopur, Gonal F, Ganirelix, Noverel, Progesterone in Oil, Medrol, Doxycyclin and Estrogen patches
How many follicles at ER: unknown (they didn't tell me, or I was too drugged up to remember)
How many eggs retrieved: 18
How many eggs fertilized: 9
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 1 AAA Grade Blast
How many days bed rest: I milked it and did 4 days
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: Gassy, Cramping, loss of appetite, nauseous, THIRSTY AS HECK, tired, acid reflux, stuffed up, headache from hell, BITCHY!
What day you got your BFP: 11dp
HPT before blood test: No
Number of first beta: 135
Number of babies: 1
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process: That it doesn't go as easily and smooth as you'd hope. I started seeing my RE for IVF in Jan and I was finally able to start my cycle in August. I had a surgery to remove a polyp, I had a push back because the BCP game me a cyst, and I did 11 days of stims. WHEW! All worth it though. It's easy to say you'll be calm and go with the flow and be positive, but man, those meds make you do otherwise.

Good luck!

I was looking at this thread constantly during my IVF cycle. So pleased I can now contribute. :cloud9:

Name: Clare
How long TTC: 2.5 years
Diagnosis or any known issues: Male factor (low count & motility), I have progesterone issues.
Treatments you tried before IVF: 5 IUI's, all BFN
How many IVF did you do before success: This was my first. I feel extremely lucky.
Protocol (meds taken): Birth control pill for 19 days, gonal f 200iu, Luveris, cetrotide, Estrace & Prometrium from day after retrieval.
How many follicles at ER: Not sure.
How many eggs retrieved: 9
How many eggs fertilized: 6
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 2 high quality blasts (they didn't give me a grade)
How many days bed rest: about 2 days
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: had some OHSS type symptoms which faded away and then returned a few days before OTD. I also had some extreme fatigue.
What day you got your BFP: 13dp5dt
HPT before blood test: Yes
Number of first beta: 2194!!
Number of babies: 2!!!!
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process: Just that it's not so bad if you take it one step at a time. I knew that anything can happen with a first IVF cycle so I never took it for granted that I would even get to the next step. Each time I did, I was just grateful for being able to move ahead without it getting cancelled and focused on what was next. Otherwise it's easy to get overwhelmed and disappointed. I actually had a lot of fun with my DH and we bonded a bit more throughout the cycle. Good luck to everyone. :flower:

oh congrats PinkPeony!!! that is awesome how are you feeling now?:hugs:

Thank you Joeys!! I'm doing really good! I have been very fatigued and a bit of nausea but definitely can't complain. Hasn't been bad at all so far. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->