List your IVF Successes here

Good luck Emmi! There are so many positive stories here!

Yes - totally lifted my spirits as I am overthinking things today!! Wonderful to know all the good news from everyone :)

Name: Nicole
How long TTC: 2 years
Diagnosis or any known issues: unexplained -- but I do have thyroid issues and mild endometriosis
Treatments you tried before IVF: clomid X3, IUI X2
How many IVF did you do before success: First time lucky!
Protocol (meds taken): I don't remember them all, but I know Lupron, menopur, and follistim
How many follicles at ER: 4
How many eggs retrieved:4
How many eggs fertilized: 3 fertilized, none made it to freezing
How many days between ER and ET: 5
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: one embryo and one blast were transferred. I was never given a rating just that it was good!
How many days bed rest: one day strict bed rest and then took it easy for a few days.
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: Felt just like AF was on the way --crampy, tired, bloated, thought for sure it hadn't worked.
What day you got your BFP: 6dp5dt
HPT before blood test: yes
Number of first beta: 78.42 @ 7dp5dt
Number of babies: two, but lost one at 8 weeks -- but delivered a healthy baby girl two weeks ago!
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process:

Do not worry about the numbers. They only retrieved 4 eggs and I thought for sure it wasn't going to work. Also, we measured small at our first ultrasound and I thought for sure something was wrong, but my baby girl is just fine (she still measures small).

I know that it is hard, but hang in there. I use to read this forum all the time for hope and thought for sure it was never going to work for me, but it did!

Hi missnicole, great story to add. I had to comment bc We have very similar stories, i have endometriosis, we werent able to freeze any either and I too just lost a twin at around 8-9 weeks, it is so upsetting. glad to hear everything went well though, although I'm very sorry for your loss.

Congratulations Missnicole on the birth of your ivf baby! :crib:

How long TTC: 5 yrs; NTNP 10 years
Diagnosis or any known issues: started as severe MFI; now moderate
Treatments you tried before IVF: 4 IUIs (Clomid 50mg); DH had varicocele corrected but that did not help much.
How many IVF did you do before success: 1
Protocol (meds taken): bcps, Follistim, Menopur, Ganirelix, Ovidrel
How many follicles at ER: 13
How many eggs retrieved:13 (6 mature enough for ICSI)
How many eggs fertilized: 6 with ICSI
How many days between ER and ET: 5
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: One "grade 1" blast was transferred; 2 grade 1 blasts frozen
How many days bed rest: 2
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: Felt just like AF was on the way; mainly crampy with headaches; was feeling pretty negative about the cycle. Only weird thing was my chest broke out in lots of spots/acne about 6dp5dt and I started wondering because that's never happened. And it cleared up just as fast as it came!
What day you got your BFP: 8dp5dt
Number of first beta: 165 @ 9dp5dt; 524 @ 12dp5dt, 2862@ 16dp5dt, that was it for betas
Number of babies: 1 healthy baby girl, due 4/25/14!
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process: I wish I would have just relaxed more and tried not to symptom spot so much; I literally could not tell the difference between these cramps and AF cramps. Also, the stimming process was easier and less painful than I had anticipated.

Congrats Maverick! As far as the cramps go, I felt exactly the same and I'm still experiencing those af type cramps and I'll be 13 weeks on Sunday! I guess we don't get a break from them! Lol... Good luck with your pregnancy and congrats again! :)

thanks hmommy! that is nice reassurance. congrats to you as well and i hope you have a healthy rest of your pregnancy. :)

Love the successes on here..it lifts my spirits and makes me feel positive about my first & only self funding cycle of IVF.:thumbup:

Currently down reg & stimming on a long protocol with the highest dose of Menopur, going for second follicle scan next week..fx it's working.:hugs:

Love the successes on here..it lifts my spirits and makes me feel positive about my first & only self funding cycle of IVF.:thumbup:

Currently down reg & stimming on a long protocol with the highest dose of Menopur, going for second follicle scan next week..fx it's working.:hugs:

Wish you all the best Lexus :hugs:

Name: Sarah
How long TTC: 6 years
Diagnosis or any known issues: Endometriosis, Uterine Polyps
Treatments you tried before IVF: 7 IUI's with Clomid and Femara, 2 laparoscopies
How many IVF did you do before success: Blessed the 1st time
Protocol (meds taken): Lupron, Menopur, Follistim, Baby Aspirin, PIO
How many follicles at ER: ?
How many eggs retrieved:17
How many eggs fertilized: 12
How many days between ER and ET:3
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 2 embryos...1 grade A 8 cell and 1 grade B 8 cell
How many days bed rest: the remainder of ET day but then resumed normal activity and went to work the next day (desk job though)
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: went to the bathroom more often, had very vivid dreams and had a little bit of blood when I wiped my nose.
What day you got your BFP: 3/27/13 took preg test the morning of beta and saw a faint second line
Number of first beta: 38, second 98
Number of babies: 1
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process: The joy you get when you see the second line on the pregnancy test for the 1st time was indescribable. What helped get me through this is having a great support in real life and online. Plus my faith in trusting God and knowing He was going to help me through it all. Sadly this pregnancy ended at 9 weeks due to a sub chorionic hematoma.

I am currently on my second round of IVF, I will have 2 blastocysts transferred tomorrow and praying that I will be able to come on here and share news of a BFP :thumbup:

Godsjewel, first, I am so sorry for your loss, but will pray for you that your blasts make magic happen for you!! Can I ask you something: were you told directly that your hematoma was the cause of your miscarriage? I just lost my baby at 13 weeks and had a subchorionic hematoma but my Dr refuses to acknowledge that the hematoma had something to do with it.....I think otherwise and would really appreciate your input.

I had a subchronic hematoma with my twins at 8 weeks and bled very heavily for a week. But both babies were healthy at 9 weeks and the hematoma was gone. I ended up losing one baby by 12 weeks anyway and we never knew why. Hematomas can cause a mc or it could be a number of things.

Ahh! I keep coming in to read successes and get depressed.....

I had a subchronic hematoma with my twins at 8 weeks and bled very heavily for a week. But both babies were healthy at 9 weeks and the hematoma was gone. I ended up losing one baby by 12 weeks anyway and we never knew why. Hematomas can cause a mc or it could be a number of things.

I hate not having answers. It's hard for me to move forward without them...I'm gearing up for another round of ivf in October or November so hopefully I would love to be able to post my success story here again.

Thanks for your response, and so sorry to hear about the loss of one of your twins. Wishing you all the best :hugs:

Name: Sarah
How long TTC: 6 years
Diagnosis or any known issues: Endometriosis, Uterine Polyps
Treatments you tried before IVF: 7 IUI's with Clomid and Femara, 2 laparoscopies
How many IVF did you do before success: Blessed the 1st time
Protocol (meds taken): Lupron, Menopur, Follistim, Baby Aspirin, PIO
How many follicles at ER: ?
How many eggs retrieved:17
How many eggs fertilized: 12
How many days between ER and ET:3
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 2 embryos...1 grade A 8 cell and 1 grade B 8 cell
How many days bed rest: the remainder of ET day but then resumed normal activity and went to work the next day (desk job though)
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: went to the bathroom more often, had very vivid dreams and had a little bit of blood when I wiped my nose.
What day you got your BFP: 3/27/13 took preg test the morning of beta and saw a faint second line
Number of first beta: 38, second 98
Number of babies: 1
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process: The joy you get when you see the second line on the pregnancy test for the 1st time was indescribable. What helped get me through this is having a great support in real life and online. Plus my faith in trusting God and knowing He was going to help me through it all. Sadly this pregnancy ended at 9 weeks due to a sub chorionic hematoma.

I am currently on my second round of IVF, I will have 2 blastocysts transferred tomorrow and praying that I will be able to come on here and share news of a BFP :thumbup:

Praying and keeping everything crossed for you. Copious amounts of baby dust.

I love reading all the success stories on here- keeps me thinking positively. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->