List your IVF Successes here

I just got my BFP! I think it's a bit early as tomorrow I have my blood test done to confirm it but this was our first round!

Attachments

• pregnant1 003.jpg
    pregnant1 003.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 2
Congrats Molly! Wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months!

Molly when you're ready you should use the template (Brandy used it on the last page) to share your story. Although no rush if you're not ready :)

Thanks Sparkle! I will share it even though im crazy early, I know these stories re-assured me during this process! :)

Name: Molly
Age: 29. If I am due around Dec 18th I will still be 29 by a week when I give birth
How long TTC: 2.5 years
Diagnosis or any known issues:PCOS
Treatments you tried before IVF: 8 rounds of Clomid, 3 of Femara.
How many IVF did you do before success: Success first try (so far so good anyway)
Are you using donor eggs or sperm: No
Protocol (meds taken): Antagonist protocol. Stimmed for about 20 days on Gonal F and Orgalutran, triggering with Ovidrel now on Crinone progesterone vaginally
How many follicles at ER: 6
How many eggs retrieved: 6
How many eggs fertilized: 4
How many days between ER and ET: 5
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: Don't know the technical 'grading' term but was told high quality. 3 out of the 4 that fertilised made it to a 5 day blast, and we froze 2 and transferred 1 little blob
How many days bed rest: 3 but technically not bed rest, still did a few things around the house but took it easy and vegged out a bit on the couch
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: Only the past two days- 9dp5dt and 10dp5dt- the feeling like AF is coming but I have had no spotting or anything. A bit of slight pain in my abdomen and kind of feels like there is a bubble of gas trapped in there. Not sleeping very much either. Also, really hungry in the morning with not much appetite the rest of the day.
What day you got your BFP: I tested out the trigger and it was almost totally gone by 3dp5dt and 4dp5dt- you could still make out the faintest of lines almost like an evap line-by 5dp5dt the line started to go darker but I still wasn't trusting it. By 7dp5dt it was a lot darker and finally yesterday at 9dp5dt I went and brought FRER's and a couple of digital tests and got a huge BFP
HPT before blood test: Yes couldn't help myself. I am a POASA
Number of first beta: 167
Number of babies: TBA but as we transferred one I'd say a single bubba
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process: You don't have to eat pineapple core or heaps of avacados or whatever people say. I ate as I normally do, which is fairly healthy but did have fish and chips once and pizza last night(!) I also have been careful about lifting boxes etc at work. The needles are nothing to be afraid of, I did them myself while DH watched, I found that easy. I was unprepared to get a BFP as I honestly thought it would never happen after over 30 months of negatives. It CAN happen, just try to stay positive!

That's great it is a sticky now! A few months ago I wrote a post just so I could find it again. I'm still too scared to post my success, but I promise I will sometime.

Thanks so much to the Administrators for making this a sticky thread. I tried so hard, but unsuccessfully, when this thread was started over 3 years ago. Fills me with so much joy.

Huge congrats to all those who have been blessed over the years, and loads of luck to all those still cycling!

May all our dreams come true!

I go for my retrieval this Thursday!! Really hoping to be able to post soon!

Congrats girls!! Love coming back and reading of the successes here! :)

Name: mobaby
How long TTC: 3 months before dh diagnosis; 2.5 yrs to get sticky bfp
Diagnosis or any known issues: dh diagnosed with azoospermia basically (he has 25-100 healthy sperm per sample); i found out about unicornuate uterus after 2 failed ivf/icsi cycles during fibroid removal surgery. now missing right tube due to defect.
Treatments you tried before IVF: none;
How many IVF did you do before success: 3 full and 3 fet
Are you using donor eggs or sperm: nope
Protocol (meds taken): 2 long lupron; 1 microdose flare; 1 medicated fet; 1 medicated converted to natural fet; success on fully nattural fet
How many follicles at ER:
How many eggs retrieved: 55 (19, 14, 22). cant remember amount mature.
How many eggs fertilized: 35 embryos (14, 9, 12) after abn fertilization and unfertilized. cycle 1&2 100% fert and 3 75% fert
How many days between ER and ET: always 5
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 3 fresh 2 great blasts. fets 2 cycles w/ 1 blast; 2 blasts successful fet
How many days bed rest: 2-3
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: bfps: nausea, cramps
What day you got your BFP: 7dp5dt fresh (mc); 3dp5dt fet (mc) 4dp5dt fet success
HPT before blood test:yes
Number of first beta:691 at 11dp5dt successful fet
Number of babies: 1
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process:
ivf doesnt mean success round 1. nor does it mean you wont miscarry or have other problems. be prepared for failures, ups and downs. and if it takes a long time and many transfers, failure and heartache it will totally be worth it in the end.

I'm finally going to add my BFP, a bit late given my baby is now 9 months!! I used to love reading through everyone's story for encouragement so hopefully I can pass on some baby dust.

Name: Aleja
How long TTC: 18 months
Diagnosis or any known issues: male- Low sperm count.
Treatments you tried before IVF: none, straight to ICSI
How many IVF did you do before success: 1 fresh ICSI then 3 FET
Are you using donor eggs or sperm: No
Protocol (meds taken): Antagonist protocol. Used Elonva, orgalutran top up. trigger and pessaries after ovulation. 3 natural FET cycles using Clomid.
How many follicles at ER: I think 22
How many eggs retrieved: 16
How many eggs fertilized: 15
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 1 blast transferred 4 frozen. BFN. Fell pregnant on third FET cycle (double embryo transfer )
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: on the successful cycle no symptoms except early spotting.
What day did you get BFP : 8dp5dt strong positive
HPT before blood test: Yes
Number of first beta: 485
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process:
Having high quality blasts doesn't mean they will work. It took me 4 cycles in the end even though my fertility was fine.
In the end the FS did a endo biopsy on the cycle before BFP and I believe that helped me implant the embryo.
It's a tough emotional journey and it feels like everyone else gets their BFP except you. When it does happen you still worry whether it's real and if it's viable. I still can't believe I have a healthy 9 month sleeping in the room next door!!!

Name: ging
How long TTC: 12 months
Diagnosis or any known issues: unexplained
Treatments you tried before IVF: 11 IUIs (6 unmedicated, 2 clomid, 3 injectable cycles)
How many IVF did you do before success: First time lucky
Are you using donor eggs or sperm: frozen donor sperm
Protocol (meds taken): BCP, Lupron, Gonal-F, trigger shot, Crinone, estrogen patches
How many follicles at ER: 14
How many eggs retrieved: 11
How many eggs fertilized: 8
How many days between ER and ET: 3
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 2 grade A
How many days bed rest: took it easy for a day or two, but then back to normal routine (including yoga)
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: cramps, severe bloating, veiny boobs
What day you got your BFP: 7DP3DT
HPT before blood test: yes- faint on 7DP3DT, got darker each day
Number of first beta: 212
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process: I wish we had skipped a lot of those IUIs and moved onto IVF sooner, but we wanted to make absolute sure that I needed it before jumping into something so invasive. The IVF cycle felt very similar to our injectable IUI cycles, just that it went on for much longer. I went into the cycle thinking "we may have to do this a few times and that's okay". I did a lot of yoga, meditated, and tried to stay as grounded as possible. Emotionally, the meds are tough on me, so the yoga really helped. I also did a mind/body program for fertility that really helped sort though the way I was feeling and it was wonderful to meet other women going through the same process. It was an emotionally draining year and a half, but now that we know we have a healthy little boy on board, all the tears, anger, frustration, and heartache seemed worth the wait. Stay strong!

Name: Flannz
How long TTC: 18 months
Diagnosis or any known issues: low motility, low count, poor morphology
Treatments you tried before IVF: none
How many IVF did you do before success: first time!
Are you using donor eggs or sperm: no
Protocol (meds taken): gonal-f 100iu, orgalutran, pregnyl (trigger)
How many follicles at ER: 7
How many eggs retrieved:7
How many eggs fertilized: 6
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 1 perfect blast :)
How many days bed rest: 0, dr recommended a normal lifestyle
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: cramping after transfer
What day you got your BFP: 5dp5dt
HPT before blood test: several!
Number of first beta: they didn't tell me
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process: it's hard, but it's worth it in the end. It still doesn't even feel real yet!!!

Congrats ladies!! I still comeback here to read the stories as this thread was so helpful to me when I was struggling to conceive :)

Name: Autumn Girl
How long TTC: 2.5 years
Diagnosis or any known issues: MF - poor motility & very poor morphology
Treatments you tried before IVF: none
How many IVF did you do before success: first time lucky
Are you using donor eggs or sperm: no
Protocol (meds taken): long protocol, buserelin (suprecur) to down-regulate, gonalF 225, pregnyl trigger, cyclogest (progesterone) pessaries.
How many follicles at ER: 14
How many eggs retrieved: 12 (10 mature)
How many eggs fertilized: 8
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 1 grade B blast
How many days bed rest: 0, but did take it easy, just pottering round the house mainly
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: very few, mainly af cramps and other twinges on & off
What day you got your BFP: 6dp5dt
HPT before blood test: yes
Number of first beta: no blood test done
Number of babies: wait and see...
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process: no two people react the same, I had worried about all the side effects of the drugs & how they would affect me, but in the end it was all pretty smooth sailing. And if you are going to tell people about the IVF but don't want to announce a pregnancy till week 12 tell them in advance that you won't be revealing the result regardless of what it is! (You can always change your mind if it is bfn and you need support) I didn't make this clear to everyone and am now not looking forward to seeing friends as I know they will ask how it went, and although I don't want to lie, I don't want a pregnancy announced to too many people at this early stage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->