• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

List your IVF Successes here

I was waiting until we hit 12 weeks to post here. Had ultrasound yesterday and both of our babies looked adorable and perfect so I'm so glad I finally feel I can!!!

Name: Jess
How long TTC: 2 years really trying (3 years NTNP)
Diagnosis or any known issues: MFI due to testicular congenital abnormality (caused low count, mot and morph)
Treatments you tried before IVF: Clomid x 3, femara x 9, IUI x 3
How many IVF did you do before success: Feeling very blessed to say just 1
Are you using donor eggs or sperm: No
Protocol (meds taken): Long Lupron (BCP, Lupron, Menopur/Follistim)
How many follicles at ER: Unsure?
How many eggs retrieved: 11 (based on my estrogen we were expecting just 5). Of the 11, 8 were mature.
How many eggs fertilized: 6 - all looked great until about day 4 when two arrested. We transferred the best 2, while the remaining 2 were definitely not looking as good. They arrested the following day so we ended up with no frosties. This was quite literally our one and only chance.
How many days between ER and ET: 5
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 2 transferred, embryologist only gave us the numbers 3 and 4, not sure if it meant grade or how far advanced they were as blasts - we didn't want to know, or have further explanation and have that negatively affect our hope for them both.
How many days bed rest: Advised 1 but did 2 and the rest of the week I rested often and was very easy on myself (no heavy lifting, intercourse or strenuous exercising)
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: Excessive salivation started about
3dpt, about a week in I started craving and indulging in grilled steaks to a ridiculous degree, and toward the end I had extreme back pain and cramping
What day you got your BFP: 4dp5dt I had my first hpt positive (wondfo)
HPT before blood test: YES! Couldn't and wouldn't wait!!!
Number of first beta: 542 at 16(dpr)
Number of babies: THRILLED TO SAY *2*!!! Due January 2nd, 2015!!!!!
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process: I had no idea I'd have to stim for additional days, which when paying out of pocket can sky rocket your original projected cost for meds. I also wish I would have known to check my vitamin D levels before starting because the process is exhausting enough, I found out later I was extremely deficient so I ended up feeling near death :p

Congratulations! Another Twinnie Mom ;) make sure to check out the multiples forum on here. Everyone is so helpful during your twin pregnancy and beyond!

I actually went down there and posted before we even transferred Brandy :thumbup:

I definitely needed help deciding whether to transfer one or two, wanted to know what the different risks were with twin pregnancy, what would be different about labor and delivery, raising them etc. I wanted to be VERY sure I knew what I would be getting myself into before we transferred more than one to give every single one of our fertilized eggs a shot (per our beliefs we felt that was the right thing to do).

Seeing as those two were the only ones to make it, and just how much they've grown since that tiny blast picture we had of the both of them right before transfer I really feel like we made the right decision. Has it been harder this pregnancy? And is it undoubtedly going to get harder? Absolutely! But seeing them turn summersaults and suck on their fingers at 12 week ultrasound I wouldn't trade either one of them for anything. I think they're absolutely going to adore having each other as they grow through life, what a gift to have a twinnie!!! And so many other mothers here to guide me through the process!!! I am seriously loving every blessed minute!!! :happydance:

I was waiting until we hit 12 weeks to post here. Had ultrasound yesterday and both of our babies looked adorable and perfect so I'm so glad I finally feel I can!!!

Name: Jess
How long TTC: 2 years really trying (3 years NTNP)
Diagnosis or any known issues: MFI due to testicular congenital abnormality (caused low count, mot and morph)
Treatments you tried before IVF: Clomid x 3, femara x 9, IUI x 3
How many IVF did you do before success: Feeling very blessed to say just 1
Protocol (meds taken): Long Lupron (BCP, Lupron, Menopur/Follistim)
How many follicles at ER: Unsure?
How many eggs retrieved: 11 (based on my estrogen we were expecting just 5). Of the 11, 8 were mature.
How many eggs fertilized: Using ICSI we ended up with 6 - all looked great until about day 4 when two arrested. We transferred the best 2, while the remaining 2 were definitely not looking as good. They arrested the following day so we ended up with no frosties. This was quite literally our one and only chance.
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 2 transferred, embryologist only gave us the numbers 3 and 4, not sure if it meant grade or how far advanced they were as blasts - we didn't want to know, or have further explanation and have that negatively affect our hope for them both.
How many days bed rest: Advised 1 but did 2 and the rest of the week I rested often and was very easy on myself (no heavy lifting, intercourse or strenuous exercising)
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: Excessive salivation started about
3dpt, about a week in I started craving and indulging in grilled steaks to a ridiculous degree, and toward the end I had extreme back pain and cramping
What day you got your BFP: 4dp5dt I had my first hpt positive (wondfo)
HPT before blood test: YES! Couldn't and wouldn't wait!!!
Number of first beta: 542 at 16(dpr)
Number of babies: THRILLED TO SAY *2*!!! Due January 2nd, 2015!!!!!
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process: I had no idea I'd have to stim for additional days, which when paying out of pocket can sky rocket your original projected cost for meds. I also wish I would have known to check my vitamin D levels before starting because the process is exhausting enough, I found out later I was extremely deficient so I ended up feeling near death :p

Congrats!

Thanks greeneyes! I finally feel like I can get a bit excited about them now that we're rounding out of first trimester! :happydance:

Messica to say twinnies are a blessing doesn't even come close to describing it. They will far exceed your expectations! I am in awe every moment of every day. I am so excited for you. I am sure I will see you more on the multiple forum. Congrats

Name:BabySeeker
How long TTC: 3 years
Diagnosis or any known issues: blocked tubes, diminished ovarian reserve
Treatments you tried before IVF: none
How many IVF did you do before success:2
Are you using donor eggs or sperm:no
Protocol (meds taken): antagonist protocol, 150 follistim, 75 ganirellex, 5ml microdose HCG
How many follicles at ER: 2
How many eggs retrieved:2
How many eggs fertilized:2
How many days between ER and ET:3
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred:2 8AA Perfect embryos 0% fragmentation
How many days bed rest: 3
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: sore boobs, cramps, fatigue
What day you got your BFP: 12dp3dt
HPT before blood test: no
Number of first beta: 31
Number of babies:1
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process: I think what I learn after is all it takes is one good quality egg.... and your slow rising betas can still be successful, I am a living witness

Name:
How long TTC:18yrs
Diagnosis or any known issues: pcos,no right tube, low/abnormal sperm
Treatments you tried before IVF: clomid
How many IVF did you do before success: 3rd
Are you using donor eggs or sperm: no
Protocol (meds taken): injections
How many follicles at ER:21
How many eggs retrieved:12
How many eggs fertilized:4
How many days between ER and ET:5day
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred:1 5day blast
How many days bed rest: 0
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: none
What day you got your BFP:
HPT before blood test:
Number of first beta:
Number of babies:
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process:

Name: goldfishy
How long TTC:3 yrs
Diagnosis or any known issues:
Endometriosis, low ovarian reserve and low/borderline sperm count
Treatments you tried before IVF: none
How many IVF did you do before success: 1 fresh ivf icsi failed and success on 1st fet
Protocol (meds taken): buserelin, gonal f, oestrogen, progesterone How many follicles at ER: 12
How many eggs retrieved: 9
How many eggs fertilized: 9
How many days between ER and ET: 5 days
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 1 5day blast transferred in both cycles
How many days bed rest: none just took it easy
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: none though af was going to arrive. Had some normal brown spotting at 6dp5dt
What day you got your BFP: 8dp5dt didn't bother testing prior to this
HPT before blood test: yes
Number of first beta: not given Number of babies: 1

I have read this entire thread today! I love all the success stories and feel empathy for the not so successful ones.

I am leaving next week for our first IVF attempt. I'm very excited and nervous. I hope we are lucky, as this is our last chance.

Good luck fluterby and everyone else who is on the IVF journey! Congrats to those with successes!! I know this thread was so encouraging and helpful for me, and now that our identical twin girls are here I'm finally posting!

Name: Ariel01
How long TTC: 2yrs
Diagnosis or any known issues: blocked right tube, male factor (low everything)
Treatments you tried before IVF: clomid for male factor, 2 IUIs
How many IVF did you do before success: 1st
Protocol (meds taken): BCP, Lupron, Femara, Bravelle, Estradiol, HCG trigger
How many follicles at ER:18
How many eggs retrieved:16
How many eggs fertilized:13
How many days between ER and ET: 5 days
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred:2 5 day blasts
How many days bed rest: 0
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: cramping
What day you got your BFP: 6dp5dt (11 dpo)
HPT before blood test: yes
Number of first beta: 113
Number of babies: 2 mo-di girls
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process: There are so many ups and downs and it truly is one of the hardest things I've done in my life. OHSS can occur AFTER you get a positive result, I had 3 drainings of 13 pounds of fluid total. I was worried from the start about our two little ones, but after a very long road to finally get pregnant and then stay pregnant, our miracle girls are here safe and sound and it has all been worth it!

Name:Tanya
How long TTC:5+ years
Diagnosis or any known issues:Endo.
Treatments you tried before IVF: Femera
How many IVF did you do before success: Just one :)
Protocol (meds taken): Did Mini IVF with Clomid
How many follicles at ER: 8
How many eggs retrieved:8
How many eggs fertilized:3
How many days between ER and ET:3 day transfer
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred:2 A 1 B
How many days bed rest: 1 day
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: Cramps
What day you got your BFP: 2 weeks after transfer
HPT before blood test: the next day :)
Number of first beta: 614
Number of babies: 1 (I'm at 20 weeks)
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process: The needles are not that bad. I was so scared and made DH do them for me.

It's still early days for me but I had a early scan and there was a little heartbeat. This thread helped me loads when I was going through the ivf process so thought I would return the favour :flower:

Name: Carmela
How long TTC:2 years
Diagnosis or any known issues: Tubal factor/ endometriosis
Treatments you tried before IVF: lap/ dye
How many IVF did you do before success: first time lucky
Protocol (meds taken): short protocol/ injections and progesterone
How many follicles at ER: not sure
How many eggs retrieved: 21
How many eggs fertilized: 13
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 1 top grade
How many days bed rest: 2 days
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: just cramping.
What day you got your BFP: 5dp5dt
HPT before blood test: yes!! Loads!
Number of first beta: 14dp5dt- 1500
Number of babies: 1 :happydance:
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process: take things one step at a time, there is no point in trying to think too far ahead. Also, try not to obsess about every little thing. You will drive yourself crazy!

Name: Diana
How long TTC:
Diagnosis or any known issues: Both tubes removed due to 2 ectopic's
Treatments you tried before IVF: No planned pregnancy with ectopics and straight to IVF
How many IVF did you do before success: 1
Are you using donor eggs or sperm:No
Protocol (meds taken):
How many follicles at ER: 18
How many eggs retrieved: 18
How many eggs fertilized: 12
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: Got 5 Blastacyst 1 tranfered
How many days bed rest: None
Symptoms or issues during 2WW:
What day you got your BFP: 11dpo
HPT before blood test: Yes
Number of first beta: 350
Number of babies: Identical twins lost at 18 weeks then feel pregnant with my son now on 5th embryo transfer

Same as someone else that quality is way better than qantity

Congrats to all the new BFP ladies!!!

I can't wait to post my success story. I had a mini IVF and BFP'd 6dp3dt beta of 197 at 11dp3dt. Maybe I'll do the rest after the first tri

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->