List your IVF Successes here

Hey All...

baby dust to all....

I'm not sure if this is the right thread bcoz I'm bumpin in with my question.. As u ladies have been through IVF u wud have a fair knowledge abt many of these things...
Wud be of gr8 help if someone can help me with some answers...

I've foraged the internet abt progesterone and everything abt it.. But is it actually possible to fall pregnant with less than 10 ng/ml of progesterone??.. I've got my CD21 serum progesterone tested for 2 cycles n its been constantly b/w 6-7ng/ml (my FE had not prescribed it, I got it done for curiosity sake). I believe it needs to be around 15 ng/ml for the implantation to happen. So my FE has prescribed me the prog. suppositories of 200mg per day. I'm just wondering if my prog issue is the one due to which I'm not able to fall pregnant all the while?.. I asked my FE but she says that it may not be "THE" reason.. thats it. But I'm still curious to know bcoz, though I took the suppositories this IUI cycle, AF arrived rite 14 days after the IUI. That means I got AF when I was still on the suppositories. Can this actually happen?.. I'm somewhat not getting to-the-point answers from my FE. Can anyone help me with ur answers?

Has anyone of you been through prog. issues before and found success through IVF?

Hey All...

baby dust to all....

I'm not sure if this is the right thread bcoz I'm bumpin in with my question.. As u ladies have been through IVF u wud have a fair knowledge abt many of these things...
Wud be of gr8 help if someone can help me with some answers...

I've foraged the internet abt progesterone and everything abt it.. But is it actually possible to fall pregnant with less than 10 ng/ml of progesterone??.. I've got my CD21 serum progesterone tested for 2 cycles n its been constantly b/w 6-7ng/ml (my FE had not prescribed it, I got it done for curiosity sake). I believe it needs to be around 15 ng/ml for the implantation to happen. So my FE has prescribed me the prog. suppositories of 200mg per day. I'm just wondering if my prog issue is the one due to which I'm not able to fall pregnant all the while?.. I asked my FE but she says that it may not be "THE" reason.. thats it. But I'm still curious to know bcoz, though I took the suppositories this IUI cycle, AF arrived rite 14 days after the IUI. That means I got AF when I was still on the suppositories. Can this actually happen?.. I'm somewhat not getting to-the-point answers from my FE. Can anyone help me with ur answers?

Has anyone of you been through prog. issues before and found success through IVF?

I would think it would hinder implantation. Once you ovulate, you start producing progesterone which helps build your lining. If your levels are low, then your lining might not be strong and thick enough for an embryo to implant. I also agree with your dr that it might not be "THE" reason. Are you doing a medicated IUI? You can get af while on progesterone. I always did.

Having had a successful first scan, I'm so happy to finally be posting here!

Name: Amy
How long TTC: 3 years
Diagnosis or any known issues: 1 tube blocked, otherwise unexplained
Treatments you tried before IVF: Clomid, IUI with injectables
How many IVF did you do before success: First try!
Are you using donor eggs or sperm: No
Protocol (meds taken): Birth control / Lupron protocol
How many follicles at ER: 34! Eek.
How many eggs retrieved: 32
How many eggs fertilized: 29 I think; 12 made it to transfer/freeze
How many days between ER and ET: 5
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 2
How many days bed rest: None intended, but I was suffering from OHSS and that kept me on the couch for a few days after transfer
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: First symptom was extreme night sweats, then the OHSS came back.
What day you got your BFP: 6dp5dt (very faint)
HPT before blood test: Yes (see below!)
Number of first beta: I don't remember - it wasn't very high, but high enough
Number of babies: 1
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process: Try not to test before Beta. I tested on 5dp5dt and got a BFN and was way more upset than I thought I'd be. And then I became completely obsessed with testing. Thankfully I only had one more negative test (the next morning) before my positive that next afternoon, but if the cycle hadn't worked, I would have driven myself insane seeing negative tests until beta. Easier said than done, but try to stay positive and clueless until beta day. Then maybe test at home so you don't have to hear the news over the phone.

Also, on the OHSS front: There are a lot of scary stories on the internet. I had a moderate case, and it was extremely unpleasant, but I got past it and none of it (including being drained) was as traumatic as the internet had convinced me it was. After ER, there's a limited time span before the trigger will be out of your system and it will resolve, so I would say don't be too terribly afraid of that happening... just have a plan to miss 7-10 days of work if needed. However, if your doctor is going ahead with transfer as planned, really consider freezing instead, so it won't return if you get pregnant (mine finally started to resolve in the 6th week of pregnancy). Obviously I'm thrilled to be pregnant, but I do wish that I had been able to start it in a healthier way. Doctors say the OHSS itself doesn't harm the baby at all, but I feel so weak after weeks on the couch drinking Gatorade and eating crackers. If I could have started nurturing this baby from a place of exercise and good nutrition, that would have at least been better for my peace of mind.

Hang in there, everyone!

Name: Jill
How long TTC: 2 years (but it felt like 20)
Diagnosis or any known issues: Me - PCOS, Hubby - Low count and motility
Treatments you tried before IVF: Clomid, Ovarian Drilling.
How many IVF did you do before success: 3rd time lucky (FET after 2 stim/fresh cycles)
Protocol (meds taken): Gonal F, Orgalutran
How many follicles at ER: Over 20
How many eggs retrieved: 4 first round, 10 second round
How many eggs fertilized: 4 first round, 5 second round
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: All day 5 bastocysts
How many days bed rest: 1
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: Vivid dreams
What day you got your BFP: 5dp5dt
HPT before blood test: Yes!
Number of first beta: at 14dp5dt (19dpo) 2240
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process: It is one of the most hardest things to do and go through. It is a real roller coaster ride, physically, emotionally, mentally and financially. Although it may seem impossible and at times you just want to give up, just keep going - the end result is sooooooooooo worth it.

Yay I forgot about this thread! I used to read it over and over and dream of posting!!
Name: Kristy
How long TTC: 3 1/2 years
Diagnosis or any known issues: DH antisperm antibodies
Treatments you tried before IVF: Clomid, Femara, injectibles, IUIs, acupunture.
How many IVF did you do before success: 1st time!! (First transfer was cancelled due to ohss, but my first frozen transfer!)
Protocol (meds taken): Ganirelix, follistim, menopur
How many follicles at ER: 28 or 29
How many eggs retrieved: 22, 16 mature
How many eggs fertilized: 15
How many days between ER and ET: 58! But they were frozen on day 5 and 6
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 2 blasyocysts. I think 4bb but was told "excellent"
How many days bed rest: 2 solid
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: Pain in lower abdomen when I sneezed which was so weird. Other than that, same symptoms I always get on progesterone
What day you got your BFP: 5dp5dt
HPT before blood test: Yes!
Number of first beta: 10dp5dt 296
Number of babies: 2!!!
Anything else you would want to know about the process before you started: be prepared for delays, I was delayed first bc af was late, then my tsh suddenly was high, then I got ohss. The whole process took 6 months and a delay can be so discouraging! Also your body goes through so much, and then a pregnancy can be hard too, I've been very sick. So so worth it but knowing what I know now I wouldn't do back to back cycles if I had to, I would take a break. Also, my ohss was as horrible as the internet made it out to be! Lol! But seriously a nightmare! My dr doesn't do transfers when you have ohss, and I was so sick I was ok with that delay. I couldn't have handled that on top of morning sickness. I would definetly recommending freezing all if you have that option and you are suffering ohss.

How long TTC: 4 years
Diagnosis or any known issues: DOR
Treatments you tried before IVF: Clomid, Femara, Injectables, 8 IUIs and basically everything.
How many IVF did you do before success: 2
Are you using donor eggs or sperm: Donor eggs
How many follicles at ER: NA
How many eggs retrieved: 8 frozen donor eggs
How many eggs fertilized: 4
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 2 blasts
How many days bed rest: none
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: Cranky and hungry
What day you got your BFP: 4dp5dt
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process: Stay strong and be positive. I thought I would be childless forever, but now I have a beautiful little baby.

Congratulations everyone, I love this thread too, can't wait to get started in Oct! Xx

Hello everyone,

I love this thread it is very inspiring. I am trying IVF and we had our first visit last week. We lost a our little boy in December at 14 weeks gestation:cry:. We found out a month ago that my husband has low sperm count, motility and morphology and I have a blocked right tube so IVF was recommended we thought about it and decided to give it a try. I look at this thread everyday and the stories and success is very encouraging.

AFM last week we have been busy with the IVF prep things.:wacko: We found out that the insurance company covers everything :thumbup: except the chromosomes testing, which is fine. Our first appointment was 9/2/14 and it was just a session to discuss the next steps and what we need to do to get the ball rolling. on 9/5/14 I had a a AFC, Sonohysterogram and Mock transfer done. It was a little overwhelming but we got through it. The FS said my uterus was textbook perfect and he hadn't seen on like it in years:thumbup:. That made me feel good I think. I have 6 resting eggs in my left ovary and 7 in my right, he seemed very please with that:thumbup:. We are now waiting for the insurance company to approve the IVF which he said should be back in two weeks. Until then we have to complete an IVF talk class and and injection class which are all schedule within the next two weeks. I have feeling a little nervous and scared just because it seems like soo much but we will get through this. I think he said he will start me on my BC next week....I will have to double check that. I started vlogging :happydance: which seems really cool and therapeutic. We decided to vlog the whole IVF journey for ourselves and others. A few ladies on Youtube that vlog their experience inspired us to do this. I found their vlogs very encouraging and informational so I hope mines can be the same for someone else. So after every appointment we will vlog if not while we are there. Well that's it for me, I am super excited and can't wait to see what's next. Also, this morning my temp was super high too early but not too worried about it.

Hello ladies, I am a case of high FSH and DOR, thought I would post here to help others with similar issues.

Name: Brassy
Diagnosis or any known issues: High FSH, Low AMH (0.35), mild MFI
Treatments you tried before IVF: 1 clomid cycle, two clomid cycles with IUI, two IUIs unmedicated, two hysteroscopies for polyp removal
How many IVF did you do before success: none, i was lucky first time
Are you using donor eggs or sperm: NO
Protocol (meds taken): Short antagonist aggressive protocol, 300IU Menopur + 225 Gonal-F, Cetrotide from day 7 of stims
How many follicles at ER: 6
How many eggs retrieved: 6
How many days between ER and ET: 3
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 2 excellent quality and a more average one, total three embryos transferred
How many days bed rest: 3
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: light spotting 4 days post transfer
What day you got your BFP: 14 days post transfer
HPT before blood test: yes, on the same morning
Number of first beta: 1380
Number of babies: 2
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process:
I never imagined how hard the tww would be!

Good luck to all!!!

Hello ladies, I am a case of high FSH and DOR, thought I would post here to help others with similar issues.

Treatments you tried before IVF: 1 clomid cycle, two clomid cycles with IUI, two IUIs unmedicated, two hysteroscopies for polyp removal
Protocol (meds taken): Short antagonist aggressive protocol, 300IU Menopur + 225 Gonal-F, Cetrotide from days 7 of stims
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 2 excellent quality and a more average one, total three embryos transferred
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: light spotting 4 days post retrieval

Good luck to all!!!

Congrats!!!!! I have high FSH as well. My retrieval was Wednesday, 7 eggs and 4 fertilized. I transfered two 8-cell embies on Saturday and I'm now in my tww! I hope I'm first time luck like you!!!

Name: BIzzibii
How long TTC:5 years
Diagnosis or any known issues: unexplained infertility
Treatments you tried before IVF:3x climid, 6x IUI
How many IVF did you do before success:2xIVF( first one got cancelled just before ER due to overstimulation ), 2xFET
Are you using donor eggs or sperm:no
Protocol (meds taken):150 Gonal-f + trigger
How many follicles at ER:over 20
How many eggs retrieved:11
How many eggs fertilised: 9 ( 1 for fresh transfer, rest was frozen )
How many days between ER and ET: 5d FET'a transfer
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 1 transferred ( apparently wasn't as pretty as the previous ones )
How many days bed rest:none
Symptoms or issues during 2WW:nothing really , although I was overanalysing everything all the time
What day you got your BFP: 4dp5dt
HPT before blood test:yes , no blood test ( clinic doesn't do it just to confirm pregnancy )
Number of first beta: never did beta
Number of babies:2
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process: That IVF doesn't mean first round success - I was crushed when I got BFN with my fresh cycle.

Name: Kelly
Diagnosis or any known issues: one blocked tube, mild MFI
Treatments you tried before IVF: 1 prior cycle with Gonal f which resulted in a pregnancy, but lost it at 13 weeks due to hematoma and weak implantation.
How many IVF did you do before success: second time's the charm!
Protocol (meds taken): Short aggressive protocol, 300IU folistim twice a day for 2 weeks, testosterone, HGH, Lupron.
How many follicles at ER: 12
How many eggs retrieved: 12
How many eggs fertilized: 9
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 3 good quality embryos... 8 cell, 9 cell and 6 cell
How many days bed rest: 3 plus another 4 relaxing on the couch watching Law and Order! :)
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: heartburn again, implantation pinches on BOTH sides (tried not to get my hopes up that it was twins), and general PMS type of feeling (bloating, mild cramps, tired etc,.)
HPT before blood test: yes, 2 days before going in for my beta
Number of first beta: 1001 at 16dpo (13dp3dt)
Number of babies: 2!!
Yes, I researched like crazy after my first cycle ended in a mc. I changed how I approached my second cycle, so my advice: Keep your feet warm.. they're a direct link to your uterus. Stay clear of alcohol, cafeen and sugar, keep hubby away from alcohol, make sure you get assisted hatching, eat protein, drink water, do bed rest, and most of all, the TWW is awful but try to imagine you've been successful and the TWW is just a build up to the happiest moment imaginable.. like waiting for Christmas morning!

Wishing you all a speedy pregnancy. Know that it WILL happen, it's just a matter of when...
:hugs:

Protocol (meds taken): Short antagonist aggressive protocol, 300IU Menopur + 225 Gonal-F, Cetrotide from days 7 of stims
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: light spotting 4 days post retrieval

Good luck to all!!!

Congrats!!!!! I have high FSH as well. My retrieval was Wednesday, 7 eggs and 4 fertilized. I transfered two 8-cell embies on Saturday and I'm now in my tww! I hope I'm first time luck like you!!!

I wish you are lucky, too! It CAN happen!

Congrats ladies!! Love coming back here and reading all the success stories!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->