List your IVF Successes here

Hello everyone,

I love this thread it is very inspiring. I am trying IVF and we had our first visit last week. We lost a our little boy in December at 14 weeks gestation:cry:. We found out a month ago that my husband has low sperm count, motility and morphology and I have a blocked right tube so IVF was recommended we thought about it and decided to give it a try. I look at this thread everyday and the stories and success is very encouraging.

AFM last week we have been busy with the IVF prep things.:wacko: We found out that the insurance company covers everything :thumbup: except the chromosomes testing, which is fine. Our first appointment was 9/2/14 and it was just a session to discuss the next steps and what we need to do to get the ball rolling. on 9/5/14 I had a a AFC, Sonohysterogram and Mock transfer done. It was a little overwhelming but we got through it. The FS said my uterus was textbook perfect and he hadn't seen on like it in years:thumbup:. That made me feel good I think. I have 6 resting eggs in my left ovary and 7 in my right, he seemed very please with that:thumbup:. We are now waiting for the insurance company to approve the IVF which he said should be back in two weeks. Until then we have to complete an IVF talk class and and injection class which are all schedule within the next two weeks. I have feeling a little nervous and scared just because it seems like soo much but we will get through this. I think he said he will start me on my BC next week....I will have to double check that. I started vlogging :happydance: which seems really cool and therapeutic. We decided to vlog the whole IVF journey for ourselves and others. A few ladies on Youtube that vlog their experience inspired us to do this. I found their vlogs very encouraging and informational so I hope mines can be the same for someone else. So after every appointment we will vlog if not while we are there. Well that's it for me, I am super excited and can't wait to see what's next. Also, this morning my temp was super high too early but not too worried about it.

Good luck hon! Sounds like you're off to a great start! When my box of meds/syringes etc., arrived I was very overwhelmed, but i found that a few days in, it just becomes routine and not really a big deal..just think of it as baby making 😊

Hmommy - Thank you for the encouragement and support, it means alot to have to someone that has gone through the process too. :flower:

Good luck to everyone. Have two ICSI miracles, one nearly 3 running around the room and one nearly 8 month old sitting in the highchair. It does work so keep positive. Ours was due to very low sperm count ( lots of abnormalities) and trying for number 2 had raised natural killer cells, and an underactive thyroid. It doesn't always work the first time but don't lose hope. You will always hear hopeless stories and a helpful work colleague or someone may inform you ' IVF doesn't work ' or I know someone who had 10 attempts and it failed. Try not to listen to this! Close your ears .Wishing you all lots of luck xxx

Love we did ICSI too. No reason for it other than the clinic we went to it is standard practice. I'm pregnant now from that and have two frozen blasts. I tested + 6dp3dt. Good luck to you!!!

Yes meant to say good luck Love, hang in there.I'm proof it works.two week wait is horrendous xx

Thank you, I am really fed up AND DH is away for the weekend :-( hours of obsessing ahead :-/

Is so hard have been there. Remember so well. Difficult to advise. I read a lot and watched quite a few films. I also ate a lot of comfort foods. I went shopping. I had a week off work as was a nurse so didn't want to risk lifting. Being off drove me mad. You'll get through it. It's a roller coaster. I was exactly like you but remember It does work. :) xxx

Good luck LoveSunshine and all the other lovely ladies cycling. It really does work. I have 2 precious almost-3year old twins, and they are our world. We have 9 frosties and might go for FET in the New Year.

:hugs: Inky!!! Your kids are gorgeous!!!!

I was fairly addicted to this site when we were TTC and wanted to come back to post my success story to give others hope. My husband and I had unexplained infertility. After trying ourselves for about a year and a half, we went through 3 rounds of Clomid/IUI with no success, then did a round of IVF, got pregnant, and miscarried at 7.5 weeks. Then it took 6 months to get back on track to try again with one of our frosties-- I had a D&C that did not get everything out, so my body thought it was pregnant again 2 months later, and they had to do another D&C. Then after that one, I didn't stop spotting and had to go on meds to get my cycle back to normal. When it was finally back to normal, I ovulated too early and we missed the chance to try again. Finally, the following month we did a natural frozen transfer, and it worked. I am due to have a baby boy on October 20 (less than a month!). I'm 37. All of that roller coaster ride and frustration has melted into the past and we are just so excited and happy. I thought it would also be helpful to list all the things that I worried about that didn't end up mattering:

(1) The bumpy car ride home from the frozen transfer
(2) Having a big fight with my husband the night of the transfer.
(3) A really bumpy bus ride home from work a few days later.
(4) Being at a loud concert during the 2WW.
(5) Getting the stomach flu or food poisoning at 4 weeks pregnant.
(6) Being really, extremely stressed out at work and not getting much sleep at 6 weeks pregnant.
(7) Not having the same symptoms in early pregnancy as I did the first time I got pregnant and miscarried.

And I’m sure there were a lot of other things that I can’t even remember now because they don’t seem to matter. IVF really works even after years of frustration, and I hope that many of you will have similar successes!

I was fairly addicted to this site when we were TTC and wanted to come back to post my success story to give others hope. My husband and I had unexplained infertility. After trying ourselves for about a year and a half, we went through 3 rounds of Clomid/IUI with no success, then did a round of IVF, got pregnant, and miscarried at 7.5 weeks. Then it took 6 months to get back on track to try again with one of our frosties-- I had a D&C that did not get everything out, so my body thought it was pregnant again 2 months later, and they had to do another D&C. Then after that one, I didn't stop spotting and had to go on meds to get my cycle back to normal. When it was finally back to normal, I ovulated too early and we missed the chance to try again. Finally, the following month we did a natural frozen transfer, and it worked. I am due to have a baby boy on October 20 (less than a month!). I'm 37. All of that roller coaster ride and frustration has melted into the past and we are just so excited and happy. I thought it would also be helpful to list all the things that I worried about that didn't end up mattering:

(1) The bumpy car ride home from the frozen transfer
(2) Having a big fight with my husband the night of the transfer.
(3) A really bumpy bus ride home from work a few days later.
(4) Being at a loud concert during the 2WW.
(5) Getting the stomach flu or food poisoning at 4 weeks pregnant.
(6) Being really, extremely stressed out at work and not getting much sleep at 6 weeks pregnant.
(7) Not having the same symptoms in early pregnancy as I did the first time I got pregnant and miscarried.

And I’m sure there were a lot of other things that I can’t even remember now because they don’t seem to matter. IVF really works even after years of frustration, and I hope that many of you will have similar successes!

Congrats eash,sorry about your struggles ..our ttc journies are so similar except that i had 2 chemical pregnancies in addition to ivf mc..and about to have second FET on sunday.hope i also have a succes story

Name: Emmi
How long TTC: 2 years
Diagnosis or any known issues: Hubby's sperm totally erratic, could be okay or could be not very good at all!!
Treatments you tried before IVF:Clomid
How many IVF did you do before success: This was the 2nd
Are you using donor eggs or sperm: My eggs and hubby's sperm
Protocol (meds taken): Long protocol, burserelin, menopur, gonal f, trigger -pregnyl
How many follicles at ER:18
How many eggs retrieved:14
How many eggs fertilized: 7
How many days between ER and ET:2 days
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 2 grade 2 and 1 grade 3, so ladies don't get caught up with people talking about 5 day transfers and blastos, it means nothing as all have an equal chance!
How many days bed rest: Best rest after ER but after ET, went home and watched lots of comedy and laughed, studies have shown that this is a good thing. I took things easy, no stress and no work but plenty of nurturing things and gentle exercise walking the dog to keep blood flowing.
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: Cramping between day 4 pt and day 7. Bright yellow pee!!
What day you got your BFP: Waited until otd
HPT before blood test:
Number of first beta:
Number of babies: 1
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process: We had to go down the NHS route before going private. The consultant told me at my age, I would need donor eggs and no IVF clinic would let me use my own - even though I was ovulating etc..... What an a###.....So, unfortunately, paying for a private consultation can really be beneficial.

IVF is a long process with some many ups and downs, sometimes your partner isn't the best person to understand and support so it's important to have friends outside your relationship that can. I had 2 amazing and supportive friends that were invaluable. They cheered me on and listened to my hopes and fears constantly. I am still pretty petrified but one day at a time with friends holding my hands, I am getting there.
For all the older mums out there, we can do it!! I will be 44 when Peanut arrives but I am relatively healthy, I exercise and feel young. Do the research to make sure that the clinic is right for you, you will be paying alot of money so you need to feel that they are doing the best for you.
And finally, believe that it will happen. I have had so many dark days but I always believed that I would find a way of being a mummy in whatever way we needed to. Hope is so important and hand on heart I can say that I never lost it.

Hi ladies! I'm new here and I hope it's ok to jump in. I figured you all would be the best to ask this question since you're in the successful ivf forum! I have one 4 year old but after her I've had 4 miscarriages(2 chemicals, blighted ovum and one at 7 weeks) in the past 1.5 years and now moving into my first ivf that's scheduled to start as soon as I get my AF in 2 weeks. What I'm concerned about is that I just received my TSH results as 3.4. I'm not hypothyroid but I know that they like to see no higher than 2.5. Will my ivf be postponed or will they just put me on synthroid without postponing my ivf. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated! !!

FSH 3.5
AMH 6.7
ESTRADIOL 17
TSH 3.4

Hi ladies! I'm new here and I hope it's ok to jump in. I figured you all would be the best to ask this question since you're in the successful ivf forum! I have one 4 year old but after her I've had 4 miscarriages(2 chemicals, blighted ovum and one at 7 weeks) in the past 1.5 years and now moving into my first ivf that's scheduled to start as soon as I get my AF in 2 weeks. What I'm concerned about is that I just received my TSH results as 3.4. I'm not hypothyroid but I know that they like to see no higher than 2.5. Will my ivf be postponed or will they just put me on synthroid without postponing my ivf. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated! !!

FSH 3.5
AMH 6.7
ESTRADIOL 17

TSH 3.4

I honestly don't know because I was out on meds when my thyroid was about the same as yours by my RE before he's even give me clomid and I had to wait 3 weeks for a recheck because a high TSH is linked to low IQ scores for baby. Good luck hopefully they'll let you continue since it's so close in numbers

My Ivf was postponed when my tsh reached 3.7. They made me wait until it was under 2 to start. Not everyone does this but I'm had my dr did, although its so heartbreaking to be delayed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->