List your IVF Successes here

How long TTC: 3 years
Diagnosis or any known issues: Unexplained, still unexplained...
Treatments you tried before IVF: clomid, femara, IUI with femara, IUI with gonal f
How many IVF did you do before success: 1 - second time was the success
Are you using donor eggs or sperm: no
Protocol (meds taken): DHEA 3 months prior - natural start, bravelle & menopur
How many follicles at ER: 7
How many eggs retrieved: 8
How many eggs fertilized: 7
How many days between ER and ET: 5
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 2 x grade 17/20
How many days bed rest: rested on day of transfer then back to normal
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: nothing unusual - seemed like a normal cycle with twinges, sore boobs and guessing.
What day you got your BFP: 11dp5dt was the official Blood test. I did some cheapies a few days before that, and got a faint line - but it didn't seem to go darker, which got me worried.
Number of first beta: 66
Number of babies: 1
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process: If you think there is something not right - def get help. I was glad we did IUI with the meds, so we knew how my body would respond with IVF meds, and so we had a cheaper, less invasive option to try first. If IVF doesn't work the first time, it doesn't mean it won't.

I'd like to add that if the first protocol doesn't seem to work - try a new one or something different. Everyone's body is different and reacts differently to meds. I was glad we got an FS that specialized in unexplained, and was willing to swap and change things when the first time it didn't work.

Name: beaglemom

How long TTC: 12 yrs no birth control; 18 months of fertility tests & treatments

Diagnosis or any known issues: low sperm count

Treatments you tried before IVF: Clomid + IUI timed with opks; femara, follistim IUI monitored with u/s

How many IVF did you do before success: retrieval followed by FET; bfp 1st FET

Protocol (meds taken): follistim (225) , ganirelix, menopur (75)

How many follicles at ER: 20+

How many eggs retrieved: 14

How many days between ER and ET: transferred 6 day old embryo with FET

How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: never told

How many days bed rest: rested afternoon of transfer only

Symptoms or issues during 2WW: cramping, sore breasts

What day you got your BFP: faint bfp evening of 4dpt

HPT before blood test: yes

Number of first beta: 11dpt - 303; 13dpt 631

Number of babies: suspecting one, but not confirmed

One thing I wish I knew the first time ever doing ivf: I think I knew everything I needed to know. I wish I had been more confident about testing. I started to doubt myself WAY too early. I would have tried to relax more & avoid tests until a day or 2 before the beta.

Hi all :) Sharing this to rejuvinate my hope for number two!

Name: Zara
How long TTC: 4 years
Diagnosis or any known issues: PCOS
Treatments you tried before IVF: IUI, 8 Cycles, IVF (unsuccessful)
How many IVF did you do before success: 1
Are you using donor eggs or sperm: Donor Sperm
Protocol (meds taken): Clomid
How many follicles at ER: 18
How many eggs retrieved: 12
How many eggs fertilized: 6
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 1 transferred
How many days bed rest: Just the rest of the day
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: Felt completely normal throughout (& convinced of a BFN)
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process:

That it can actually happen. I mean, of course it can, but it can. I don't think I believed that before I had the treatment... I went abroad for it, too, in Greece, to Embio Medical Centre. They were definitely very professional about it, but I felt the whole way through that it hadn't worked. I felt like this was something that just wasn't going to happen for us.

Baby girl is two years old now, just :) She's precious. Gearing up to aim for a sibling for her now!

Good luck everyone, and baby dust! <3

Congrats Zxy and good luck on number two! I felt the same way through my IVF cycle. I went to MX. I have two frosties still and we'll attempt to get them on board after this little guy is born and we've had some time with him

I love this thread! I just started my BCP 4 days ago to begin IVF cycling and have an appt tomorrow to find out more about the other meds. Cant wait to share my story with u all! FX for lucky #1!! (My insurance runs out in June so we don't have much time and we were JUST informed that we do have coverage a month ago! Our old doc told us no, which was 100% untrue!) We're very excited but nervous. We both pray this works out for us by June! FX! Again, I LOVE this thread! Its giving me alot of hope and its really neat to see all the numbers! Good luck to all the other ladies stalking this thread and congrats to all of those who gave us all of these awesome post's to obsess over! :haha:

:dust:

I'm happy to share my story. I hope it helps someone out there :)

How long TTC: 2 years
Treatments you tried before IVF: Clomid, Letrazole (Femara) + Ovidrel + IUI, Letrazole + injections (Gonal F) + Ovidrel + IUI
How many IVF did you do before success: 1, the 2nd time is what took
Are you using donor eggs or sperm: No, thankfully we were able to use our own
Protocol (meds taken): Gonal F (the first time they under-medicated me, in fear of over-stimming. It took double that dose to get me to the proper levels), with another injection added onto it (I can't remember the name) a week before, plus Ovidrel
How many follicles at ER: around 14 (2 days prior)
How many eggs retrieved: 17
How many eggs fertilized: 14 (with ICSI)
How many days between ER and ET: 5 (thank goodness. we only made it to Day 2 the first time)
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 3AA and 3AB
How many days bed rest: just the day-of retrieval and transfer (take it easy, not bed rest)
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: None, in fact, I thought I was getting my period until I didn't. Then my boobs started getting sore again and a couple of days later I tested
What day you got your BFP: I waited, because I didn't want to see another BFN, but on Day 14 I got my BFP!
HPT before blood test: FRER and Clear Blue Digital
Number of first beta: 1250
Number of babies: 2!
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process: I wish I would have known that nothing else would work and just gone straight to IVF (I know it doesn't work that way) because it would have saved a year of heartache and frustration. And when you get pregnant, although it is relieving you are still worried and the frustration of what you went through to get pregnant will never fully go away, but you appreciate your journey.

I have to mention that one of our twins is not doing well and may not make it. I don't know if that has anything to do with IVF/ICSI or not but there is a good chance it may not make it to birth, or if it does it will not live outside of the hospital. Not trying to bring this thread down, just wanted to give all of the info.

I wish all of the luck in the world to those who are going through this process. It is not easy and you are not alone.

Praying for your little one :hugs:

I'm happy to share my story. I hope it helps someone out there :)

How long TTC: 2 years
Treatments you tried before IVF: Clomid, Letrazole (Femara) + Ovidrel + IUI, Letrazole + injections (Gonal F) + Ovidrel + IUI
How many IVF did you do before success: 1, the 2nd time is what took
Are you using donor eggs or sperm: No, thankfully we were able to use our own
Protocol (meds taken): Gonal F (the first time they under-medicated me, in fear of over-stimming. It took double that dose to get me to the proper levels), with another injection added onto it (I can't remember the name) a week before, plus Ovidrel
How many follicles at ER: around 14 (2 days prior)
How many eggs retrieved: 17
How many eggs fertilized: 14 (with ICSI)
How many days between ER and ET: 5 (thank goodness. we only made it to Day 2 the first time)
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 3AA and 3AB
How many days bed rest: just the day-of retrieval and transfer (take it easy, not bed rest)
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: None, in fact, I thought I was getting my period until I didn't. Then my boobs started getting sore again and a couple of days later I tested
What day you got your BFP: I waited, because I didn't want to see another BFN, but on Day 14 I got my BFP!
HPT before blood test: FRER and Clear Blue Digital
Number of first beta: 1250
Number of babies: 2!
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process: I wish I would have known that nothing else would work and just gone straight to IVF (I know it doesn't work that way) because it would have saved a year of heartache and frustration. And when you get pregnant, although it is relieving you are still worried and the frustration of what you went through to get pregnant will never fully go away, but you appreciate your journey.

I have to mention that one of our twins is not doing well and may not make it. I don't know if that has anything to do with IVF/ICSI or not but there is a good chance it may not make it to birth, or if it does it will not live outside of the hospital. Not trying to bring this thread down, just wanted to give all of the info.

I wish all of the luck in the world to those who are going through this process. It is not easy and you are not alone.

Thanks Sparkle! I will share it even though im crazy early, I know these stories re-assured me during this process! :)

Name: Molly
Age: 29. If I am due around Dec 18th I will still be 29 by a week when I give birth
How long TTC: 2.5 years
Diagnosis or any known issues:PCOS
Treatments you tried before IVF: 8 rounds of Clomid, 3 of Femara.
How many IVF did you do before success: Success first try (so far so good anyway)
Are you using donor eggs or sperm: No
Protocol (meds taken): Antagonist protocol. Stimmed for about 20 days on Gonal F and Orgalutran, triggering with Ovidrel now on Crinone progesterone vaginally
How many follicles at ER: 6
How many eggs retrieved: 6
How many eggs fertilized: 4
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: Don't know the technical 'grading' term but was told high quality. 3 out of the 4 that fertilised made it to a 5 day blast, and we froze 2 and transferred 1 little blob
How many days bed rest: 3 but technically not bed rest, still did a few things around the house but took it easy and vegged out a bit on the couch
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: Only the past two days- 9dp5dt and 10dp5dt- the feeling like AF is coming but I have had no spotting or anything. A bit of slight pain in my abdomen and kind of feels like there is a bubble of gas trapped in there. Not sleeping very much either. Also, really hungry in the morning with not much appetite the rest of the day.
What day you got your BFP: I tested out the trigger and it was almost totally gone by 3dp5dt and 4dp5dt- you could still make out the faintest of lines almost like an evap line-by 5dp5dt the line started to go darker but I still wasn't trusting it. By 7dp5dt it was a lot darker and finally yesterday at 9dp5dt I went and brought FRER's and a couple of digital tests and got a huge BFP
HPT before blood test: Yes couldn't help myself. I am a POASA
Number of first beta: 167
Number of babies: TBA but as we transferred one I'd say a single bubba
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process: You don't have to eat pineapple core or heaps of avacados or whatever people say. I ate as I normally do, which is fairly healthy but did have fish and chips once and pizza last night(!) I also have been careful about lifting boxes etc at work. The needles are nothing to be afraid of, I did them myself while DH watched, I found that easy. I was unprepared to get a BFP as I honestly thought it would never happen after over 30 months of negatives. It CAN happen, just try to stay positive!
Just wanted to update my post to say that on January 2nd, 2 weeks+ over due, our sweet daughter Sophia Grace was born via emergency c-section at 2:08am. She is the light of our lives, and how much we love her cannot fit into words! IVF is soooo worth the gamble, I will do it again for baby #2 :happydance:

Attachments

• P3050330.jpg
    P3050330.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 9
  • 988939_10202595944860416_6445960985498493940_n.jpg
    988939_10202595944860416_6445960985498493940_n.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 9
what a beautiful little girl, congratulations xx

So excited to post this now that our sweet boy is born! I'm writing this one-handed as I nurse him. I still can't believe he's ours!

How long TTC: 2 years before BFP
Diagnosis or any known issues: Unexplained...
Treatments you tried before IVF: 3 round of IUI with gonal f
How many IVF did you do before success: 1 -- failed fresh cycle, success with first FET
Protocol (meds taken): bcp, then menopur, ganirelix, & hcg trigger (then for FET, progesterone & estrogen shots)
How many follicles at ER: 24 (I chalk this up to luck & a good doctor)
How many eggs retrieved: 23
How many eggs fertilized: 17
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 1 top quality (wasn't given the grade)
How many days bed rest: rested only on day of transfer
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: nothing unusual
What day you got your BFP: 14dp5dt, then blood test next day.
Number of first beta: don't remember exactly, but it was in the 2000's.
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process: It helps to think of ART as a 6-12-month process. I know it's not always mentally possible to approach it that way (waaay easier said than done, esp in the tww!!), but if your doctor is good, he/she will encourage you to think longer-term. I also had success with a single embyro transfer, and encourage people to have the faith to pursue that route a few times.

Hang in there, ladies! And don't feel bad about admitting (to yourselves, your partners, docs) how stressful this process is. xo

Hello, I finally feel happy to post here after seeing a heartbeat yesterday :cloud9:

Name: star

How long TTC: over 10yrs ntnp and ttc

Diagnosis or any known issues: dh fine, me not often ovulating with long cycles 35-75 days

Treatments you tried before IVF: 12 cycles of clomid, ovulated but no luck

How many IVF did you do before success: First time lucky but was a FET due to OHSS

Are you using donor eggs or sperm: No

Protocol (meds taken): gonal f 200 for 10 days, cetrotide for 5 days, triggered with buserelin for a freeze all due to OHSS
For the FET started with estrogen tablets then started progesterone when lining was thick enough and continue with both of these until 10 weeks

How many follicles at ER: 35

How many eggs retrieved: 22

How many eggs fertilized: 20, 11 with normal IVF, 9 with ICSI, we done both to see if it was an issue with egg and sperm not bonding

How many days between ER and ET:5 day embryos frozen, transfer 4 months later

How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 1 5AB 7 :cold:

How many days bed rest: Just rested on sofa for first few days, took 2 weeks off work, had a virus though and cold so for 2 weeks didn't leave the house much but not through choice!

Symptoms or issues during 2WW: 1dpt felt little poking pains in the evening on left side then nothing until 5dpt when started to get af type cramps, on and off throughout the day for a few seconds each time, this carried on until about 6 weeks now its just once a day maybe and so much milder, boobs hurt but put that down the progesterone, tiredness started about 6 weeks badly, nausea started 6w4d

What day you got your BFP: 5dp5dt

HPT before blood test: yes 2 a day from 5dpt to see progression until blood test 9dp5dt

Number of first beta: 87

Number of babies: 1 little beauty :happydance:

Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process: to be prepared for delays, I had delays due to my long cycles and had to take provera on 3 occasions, also I was upset and so fed up when they said I wouldn't be having transfer and would have to wait until after Christmas, that wait ended up being 4 months but I can see now it was for the best and it went so quick anyway

I also think the endo scratch helped with implantation and would do this again

My little boy is now 4 weeks old, still have to pinch myself that this is real

Name: pisces78
How long TTC: 3 years
Diagnosis or any known issues: male infertility with high abnormal sperm morphology, only 2% normal
Treatments you tried before IVF: dh tried acupuncture with Chinese herbs to improve sperm for 3 months, but no improvement unfortunately, i had a endo scratch done before successful cycle
How many IVF did you do before success: 2 fresh icsi cycles and 2 fets
Protocol (meds taken): menopur and gonal f, orgalutran, ovidrel, crinone
How many follicles at ER: 15
How many eggs retrieved: 15
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 1 ealy blastocyst, turns out it was the only one that made it to day 5
How many days bed rest: none
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: metallic taste in mouth, crampy pains like period pains
What day you got your BFP: 8dp5dt
HPT before blood test: no
Number of first beta: 139
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process: that the process is very emotionally, physically and financially draining. Good to use in house infertility councellors for support and to vent to as i didnt tell any friends but only family that we were going through the process. Also, just because it hasnt worked previously doesn't mean the next transfer wont work.

I still can't believe I get to post in here!

How long TTC: 4 years 4 months (had a tubal reversal 3/06/10 both tubes wide open)
Diagnosis or any known issues: Unexplained...
Treatments you tried before IVF: hsg, laparoscopy, clomid, 2 failed IUI's with Femera/Gonal -F
How many IVF did you do before success: First try success!!!
Protocol (meds taken): bcp, Gonal-F, pregnyl, menopur, trigger, progesterone (I think that's all)
How many follicles at ER: 4 (I did a mini-IVF cycle)
How many eggs retrieved: 4
How many eggs fertilized: 4
How many days between ER and ET: 3
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred:2 Grade A 8 cell
How many days bed rest: rested only on day of transfer
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: nothing unusual
What day you got your BFP: 6dp3dt
Number of first beta: 197
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process: I wish I would've relaxed a little more and didn't read so much. Google is not always your friend.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 7
I'm going to wait to post my full story after my betas, but after 2.5 years of trying, I got a positive on a wondfo this morning at 6dp5dt!

Name: Kay
How long TTC: 2 1/2 years
Diagnosis or any known issues: unexplained, but dh has low morphology
Treatments you tried before IVF: clomid x7 cycles, hsg, 4 IUIs with femera and trigger
How many IVF did you do before success: lucky first timers :)
Protocol (meds taken): antagonist cycle: bcp, menopur, follistem, Ganirellix, hcg and Lupron trigger, progesterone and eatradial patches
How many follicles at ER: 25+
How many eggs retrieved: 18
How many eggs fertilized: 10
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 1 4BB hatching embryo
How many days bed rest: 0, took it easy the same day
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: my mild OHSS symptoms came back, cramping and just feeling crappy
What day you got your BFP: wondfo at 6dp5dt
HPT before blood test: yup! About 7 of them, lol
Number of first beta: 148
Number of babies: 1, unless is split into identical twins :)
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process: I was i. A lot of pain from the retrieval, and only had a very mild case of OHSS, but it was so worth it!

Hi everyone,
I thought I would post our news in a different format.
So, I'm 42...actually our DD was born on my 42nd birthday.
Prior to IVF, we had tried IUI at least 10xs. Prior to that, we had used CBFM, herbs, acupuncture, etc. Our doctor discussed a mini-IVF with us when I expressed my apprehension towards IVF (I should add that I went to a different acupuncturist during the IVF treatment which I believe truly helped). We started with Clomid, which crazily enough, did not work as it had for all the prior IUIs. The eggs were slowly growing (I think I went in for a scan about 3-4xs a week). Our doctor decided that we should go for shots (still slightly modified IVF) we did about a week's worth of Folistim. On the day of retrieval, the doctor noted that I had already ovulated. I was devastated thinking it wouldn't work. I was on the table, about to go "under" when she told me the news. I decided in that moment to still go for it, because she said there was still a chance. She was able to retrieve 3. Through ICSI, all three were fertilized. We decided to transfer 2, three days later.
I was terrified that there was a chance for twins, but we followed our doctor's recommendation and also that there was a less than 1% chance we'd have twins.
Two weeks later, I poas and got a positive. Later in the day, the nurse called to tell me my blood results (I don't remember the number, but it was really high, so high, that I feared it could mean twins).
When I had my first scan after the positive test, we found out it was only one. I wasn't on bedrest, but I did take it really easy; zero exercise and minimal moving boxes, etc. I didn't do any exercise until the 2nd trimester.
I am happy to report I had a very normal, healthy pregnancy and our baby girl was born on my birthday (and my mom's) two weeks ago.
I wouldn't do anything differently. I think all of the IUIs prepared me mentally and emotionally to go for the IVF.
My wish is that my story brings some hope to others. I'd be happy to share more of my/our story if you'd like to PM me.
Good luck to all:dust::dust::dust:
:hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->