• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

living with kids with allergies group

Hey everyone, and welcome Liz, havent been in here for a while but just wondering how long does it take for Hannah to react to something I've eaten, she's still reacting to something as well as dairy and soya but don't know how far to look back, and also paed wrote to docs to tell them to prescribe nutrmigen for when we start introducing solids but im assuming that as she will be over 6 months i can just use a milk substitute such as oat or coconut instead of giving her that vile stuff as I'm ati having trouble heating Abi to drink anything else.

Im not entirely sure but maybe 24 hours?? I would use something other than the formula milk. As you say, it tastes horrible!

So you mean my daughter has other options other than just Nutrimagen or Alimentum?? Just the names sound terrible! I have bought 2 canisters but haven't tried yet. I heard people have had to add juice to improve the taste.

What worked best for you guys??

And hi everyone :)

hey all not been on a while but i am a wondering how do you know if your child is allergic to wheat/gluten we know that alexa is reacting to something else as well as dairy, soya, nuts and carrots but dont know what.. It has been since introducing pasta, bread and biscuits to her diet.
Yet her dietician dismisses everything i tell her ad tells me that as my daughter doesnt react within 10 mins of eating whatever it is they wont allergy test her? :cry:

along with nuts and eggs, mason is now reacting to milk. probably always has been, but just noticing it. boo.

i read online that an allergy to milk proteins in babies usually also means they are allergic to soy. anyone know if thats true???

thanks hun! what about beef if he is allergic to cow milk? and what about chicken since he is allergic to eggs?? sorry, going grocery shopping tonight and i know i have to alter my diet but dont want to keep seeing him react. i feel like im experimenting on him by eating something and seeing how it effects him :wacko:

I know its very difficult. Both beef and chicken are quite rare so I personally wouldn't cut them out just yet. Having said that K was allergic to eggs and chicken but dairy, soy and not beef. It is very unlikely though!

thanks so much for your replies!!! :hugs:

i guess i will stick with beef and chicken and see how they do him

hey all not been on a while but i am a wondering how do you know if your child is allergic to wheat/gluten we know that alexa is reacting to something else as well as dairy, soya, nuts and carrots but dont know what.. It has been since introducing pasta, bread and biscuits to her diet.
Yet her dietician dismisses everything i tell her ad tells me that as my daughter doesnt react within 10 mins of eating whatever it is they wont allergy test her? :cry:

anyone? do you think this sounds like wheat or gluten intolerance/allergy?

Maria is allergic to both of them too.

How is everyone doing? Maria is doing ok except she keeps stealing spoons that have been used for yoghurt or chocolate wrappers or things like that and licking them and then reacting. Need to make an appointment next month I think with her allergy doctor.

anyone? do you think this sounds like wheat or gluten intolerance/allergy?

What kind of reaction is she having?

Hello, mind if I join? I'm Erin for those of you who don't know me :) My son Charlie is allergic to gluten and it is believed my daughter Ruby is lactose intolerant.

Emma it does sound like it could be! Have tried cutting out the offending foods to see if she gets better?

K never got a reaction within 10 min apart from the egg. And it bugs me when doctors don't treat a delayed reaction as a real allergy! :growlmad:

Natsku - glad to hear Maria is better!

Hi Natsku! How do you manage with the condition?

My son Charlie has only just been diagnosed and it was very upsetting when we found out he was gluten intolerant and has coeliac disease too. He has always been small for his age and has always been a great sleeper, which we've discovered has been a result of malnourishment. He never expressed any symptoms of the conditions which is why it was never picked up, it was only when my daughter was being tested for lactose intolerance that Charlie was tested for the same condition due to his slow growth.

We've obviously cut gluten out of his diet since being diagnosed about two weeks ago and already he is like a different child! It is strange though as he never showed any signs of discomfort etc, which we were told can happen, but we are glad we know about his condition at last.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->