long cycles support thread :) the yelping vaginas club! (closed group)

If I dont get pregnant this cycle, I have to wait until January. Month 8, cycle 4 cause hubby will be out of town during my fertile week in December. Amazing. :cry:

I was so hoping for a :bfp: before christmas. But I got a high on my monitor and a negative OPK today so I dont think I will be ovulating cd15 like I did last time. :( Gonna test with another OPK later just to make absolute sure though. I do hope I ovulate soon.

How is everyone else?

Don't count yourself out just yet, there's always hope! This cycle could be your cycle! :) :flower:

may i join you girls? i am currently on my CD 48 and i think i ovulated yesterday coz of loads of CM and its still overflowing.... and my husband will be home later tonight after a week out of town.. it will be wild:sex: tonight:winkwink: anyways, been ttc for 12 months.. :dust:

That's kind of where I'm at, too! We are just BD'ing every night hoping to catch a baby in there somewhere! Good luck to you!!

that's my approach too just now, BDing at least every second night - we're sometimes too tired to do it every night! actually, let me rephrase that....I'M sometimes too tired every night, OH is never too tired for sex :haha:

i had EWCM the other day, so i am hoping i ovulated!

are long cycles 'normal' if you know what i mean? or are these always indicative that something is 'wrong'? like PCOS or whatever?

I read somewhere that it is not "normal" to have a cycle longer than 45 days. With that being said it doesn't mean that there is something wrong with you. It can mean that you don't ovulate, though. I have also found that it can make me moody sometimes. It can cause painful periods, too. I think it really just varies from woman to woman. Me for example; I still ovulate but its never at the same time which makes it harder for me to conceive. However, I have no medical issues to speak of.

Did I say I am glad I found this group? Haha. It's refreshing to see I'm not alone!

may i join you girls? i am currently on my CD 48 and i think i ovulated yesterday coz of loads of CM and its still overflowing.... and my husband will be home later tonight after a week out of town.. it will be wild:sex: tonight:winkwink: anyways, been ttc for 12 months.. :dust:

That's kind of where I'm at, too! We are just BD'ing every night hoping to catch a baby in there somewhere! Good luck to you!!

that's my approach too just now, BDing at least every second night - we're sometimes too tired to do it every night! actually, let me rephrase that....I'M sometimes too tired every night, OH is never too tired for sex :haha:

i had EWCM the other day, so i am hoping i ovulated!

are long cycles 'normal' if you know what i mean? or are these always indicative that something is 'wrong'? like PCOS or whatever?

I read somewhere that it is not "normal" to have a cycle longer than 45 days. With that being said it doesn't mean that there is something wrong with you. It can mean that you don't ovulate, though. I have also found that it can make me moody sometimes. It can cause painful periods, too. I think it really just varies from woman to woman. Me for example; I still ovulate but its never at the same time which makes it harder for me to conceive. However, I have no medical issues to speak of.

Did I say I am glad I found this group? Haha. It's refreshing to see I'm not alone!

yeah it's so good that there are other people in the same position, I tend to stay out of TTC forums and just stick to this thread because there's more understanding :)

I had a chat with my OH the other night, he didn't really understand how hard it is to get pregnant (20% chance even if the sperm does make it all the way there!) so it was nice for him to understand, but I had a wee cry telling him that I have that 20% every two months or so, if I even ovulate! I am usually dead positive but I did have a wee slip that night.

I just have to hope I do ovulate!

on the bright side, even though I have long cycles I have really easy periods - only mild pain and no heavy bleeding, and it only lasts 4 days so there's that at least :D

That sounds like a great period! Mine are usually extremely heavy, painful, and 8-10 days long!

As far as ovulating goes, I think you HAVE to stay positive or it will literally consume you. I think when you get it set in your mind that you are ready to have a baby, you want it now and each month that goes by is hard. SO, being ppositive is a must, but itis also ok to be vulnerable sometimes and not keep your feelings bottled up.

Just keep trying and know you will get there when your body says your ready!!

I'm more like Mrs.stefka I think! Usually 7 days long, usually medium-heavy, VERY occassionally I'll have a really light one but it's pretty rare. :wacko:

Ok, Well now I am more confused than before. I got home from out of tom and just out of curiousity (and lack of ability to wait) I took an OPK and it was waaay positive. What does that mean?? It's been over a week since I have ovulated. Could this mean pregnancy?

I don't use OPKs so have no advice Mrs stefka but I didn't want to read and run :hugs:

Ok, Well now I am more confused than before. I got home from out of tom and just out of curiousity (and lack of ability to wait) I took an OPK and it was waaay positive. What does that mean?? It's been over a week since I have ovulated. Could this mean pregnancy?

Where are you in your cycle? If you're past ov, it might mean preggers. Test with a hpt and see

Where are you in your cycle? If you're past ov, it might mean preggers. Test with a hpt and see

This would be my CD50! Haha, that just sounds crazy! I am currently 7DPO and it is too early to test. Oh the joys of TTC! I guess I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this before?:wacko:

Have hope ladies - my + HPT was on cd 63 at 15dpo!

Well the bad news is the witch got me yesterday :growlmad: The good news is my 2nd cycle off BCP ended up being 37 days after my first cycle being 44 days. So I hope I continue on that trend and it is even shorter this cycle. I temped for the first time last cycle and was able to confirm I ovulated on CD 24. No thanks to the OPKs, I never got a real positive, I am done using OPKs once I run out of the ones I have left. I just find them too difficult to figure out. I had about 12 days straight of the same near positive color then faint a few days then near positive again for a few days so I gave up :wacko:

This cycle I started EPO because I really did not notice any true EWCM last month so I am hoping this will help. Good luck too all of you and I hope we all get our :bfp:s very soon!

Looks like another long cycle on the way. Cd19 and nothing remotely close to a positive opk. Hoping that I at least ovulate this cycle and don't go another 123 days!

Have hope ladies - my + HPT was on cd 63 at 15dpo!

Congrats to you!:happydance: That gives me some hope!

Rachel - I was kind of wondering if I was wasting my time on OPKs. I am still getting a positive read that I am ovulating and it has been about 9 days now. Im hoping that means a BFP is coming my way but who knows! Good luck ladies!!

CD55 and 8DPO.. i am so bloated and bbs starting to get sore.. and i have this creamy yellow like snotty CM (TMI sorry!!), its kinda new to me...i hope its a good sign..I will be testing on the 23rd, i know better now not to POAS:happydance:.. and you know just to save myself from getting disappointed everytime.. :dust: to everyone...

Hello everyone!! its so nice to meet ladies with long cycles, mine have been 60 days since i came off bc in may, I've tried soy but it only moved cycle down by 1 day and i ended up with a cyst on my ovary , so i am now getting used to that mother nature is giving me :) Im on cd13 today & my next after is not due til 28th Dec so fingers crossed for a new year bfp, goodluck guys :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->