long cycles support thread :) the yelping vaginas club! (closed group)

:haha: :)

they have been long since I came off BCP in April (don't know what they were like before that) the shortest so far being 56 days. I just feel frustrated because if I miss the fertile window, if I even ovulate, its so long until the next one. if I had a normal cycle I would be nearly finished by now and ready for the next shot! it's a long wait and today I feel like its never going to happen for me :( just one of those days!

TTC is so time and energy consuming!

I don't even know if I have hit a fertile window yet! or if I even have fertile Windows!

Thats so true!

Have you been to the Dr about your long cycles? maybe he would put you on clomid?

I spoke to a doctor a few weeks ago and told her that we were trying and said that I had long cycles and I was worried about it. she was really useless, she just told me about OPKs and BDing every second day I.e. nothing that I didn't already know and she was actually quite patronising and made me feel stupid for asking.

my plan of action is to get a CBFM after Christmas if I haven't conceived by then. I am a bit scared of OPKs, they seem daunting so I'm going to give the fertility monitor a bash and if that doesn't work ill go and see a different doctor.

I just want it now, I'm impatient. I have been good recently at being positive but my patience is wearing thin :haha: and none.of my friends are TTC so I can't speak to anyone !

Hi Ladies! I also have long cycles. I just came off BCP a little over two months ago. It took me six weeks to get my first period (which was so light and short that I do not even know if I could call it a period), and I am currently on CD 21 with no ovulation detected yet. I was on BCP for 12 years and I originally went on them when I was about 16 or 17 years old because I had irregular periods that would come every 40-90 days. I hope I do not have the same problem still but only time will tell.

I started using OPKs this cycle and the first few days I used them I got a faint line and the past 10 days I have had a medium shade when compared to the control but no true positive! I do not know what that means. I had what I think was EWCM one day (a couple days ago) and have not seen it since. I am taking my BBT every morning (which is proving difficult due to my irregular sleep patterns) and there has been no spike in my temp yet.

I am glad I found this thread, it is nice to be able to relate with everyone here. Good luck to all and I hope we all get our BFPs soon! :flower:

hi rachel :flower:

I think we will all get our BFPs soon and we can all be bump buddies! :)

I don't know anything about OPKs so not sure what it means to have medium colour :(

we're quite close just now, I'm CD25 - really hoping neither of us has much longer to wait :(

The OPKs and temping are driving me crazy. I would almost rather just not know so I would at least have hope something would happen soon. Doing this every day and seeing negative is so frustrating. I do not think I will continue with the OPKs once I finish the ones I have left(I bought 50 of them off Amazon so it could be awhile!). The fertility monitor sounds like a better way to go. I have had this mild headache for the past few days, its really annoying. This never happens to me and I am assuming it is just another fun side effect from coming off the pill and my hormones being out of wack. :wacko:

foquita

CBFM cant actually really be used for longer cycles.. do your cycles last longer than 42 days usually? that is really the max the monitor will let you use it.

My body seems even crazier than normal since I came off the pill. I finished my period on CD 4, then started light bleeding again on CD 6. That stopped, but yesterday I was spotting again. Argh. I've never had midcycle bleeding before.

foquita

CBFM cant actually really be used for longer cycles.. do your cycles last longer than 42 days usually? that is really the max the monitor will let you use it.

yeah, i haven't had one under 42 days yet, damn! oh well...

how are you getting on with your clomid? :flower:

My body seems even crazier than normal since I came off the pill. I finished my period on CD 4, then started light bleeding again on CD 6. That stopped, but yesterday I was spotting again. Argh. I've never had midcycle bleeding before.

how are things now? did you find out what it was?

I totally need to join this if I'm allowed! Mine are anywhere from 28-46 days long...

Currently on CD 105? Having a scan tomorrow to check what's going on but my prediction is PCOS!

xx

I totally need to join this if I'm allowed! Mine are anywhere from 28-46 days long...

Currently on CD 105? Having a scan tomorrow to check what's going on but my prediction is PCOS!

xx

yay! remember to let me know how you get on with your scan! it's so strange how this one cycle is so many times longer than any you've had before :/ bizarre!

Hi! I'm new here, still finding my feet.

I got married on the 15th of october. Started not preventing about a week before hand but only actively trying since the wedding. Stopped taking the pill in may and since then I've only had 1 period (august 10). My cycle lasted 75 days then, but this time around is lasting longer, 85 days and counting...

Hi Ladies! So glad I came across this thread! I am on CD42 currently and think that I am now ovulating? TTC with a long cycle is so frustrating!! Has anyone else ovulated so far in? My LH test strips read positive so it sounds good, but I don't know. I guess we just BD for the next few days and see how it goes!

Hi Ladies! So glad I came across this thread! I am on CD42 currently and think that I am now ovulating? TTC with a long cycle is so frustrating!! Has anyone else ovulated so far in? My LH test strips read positive so it sounds good, but I don't know. I guess we just BD for the next few days and see how it goes!

Lucky you!! I think I haven't ovulated since I stopped taking the pill. I find it so frustrating, mainly because I don't know where I stand and I feel like my efforts are in vain.
I've been very moody for the past few days, so I hope its finally AF, but other than that I have no other symptoms. I didn't think the process would be so upsetting, and I'm only after starting. :cry:

was that a period cramp I just felt starting? I hope not

on CD 32 and counting - Wonder if it is to early to test - we really BD's a lot this month and at the right times - I think

but I can go up to 42 days or so - I also dont want to pay for tests that are negative :( I could wait for the ole fashioned AF to tell me

I would love to join. My cycles have gotten longer in the past few months for no apparent reason. I have never had long cycles before but in the last four months I have had one that was 39 days and one that was 45 days long. The only tracking I do right now is with an app on my phone. I started the Sep this month (actually halfway doing Smep by just bd'ing every other night and now every night until my app says I'm done ovulating on the 7th) but if I don't get a bfp this month I will start temping, and using opk. I was thinking about using preseed but wasn't sure. I'm hoping we all have good luck this cycle. Baby dust to us all ladies and thanks for listening.

Quick question: what's the best opk? I have never used one before as both my boys just happened. Ty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->