long cycles support thread :) the yelping vaginas club! (closed group)

I'm so glad to see this thread. I am usually one that ovulates around CD17 and am having my first long cycle in ages, complete with multiple +OPK surges that mean nothing.

how long so far? hope you O soon, are you temping too?

I haven't tried OPKs, I would end up spending a fortune on them because my cycles are so long :haha:

I've been charting for 6 years, so this cycle is very frustrating. I can only think of one other cycle, 5 years ago, that was like this one. :cry:

I'm on CD29, most times AF shows on CD31, so I'm feeling so down about this. Like I am wasting another cycle while waiting to O during this one. All those false +OPKs are what's making it so much harder.

TryinFor1- Did they say anything about all the +OPKs you had? It's so frustrating, isn't it?

Try Rocking- I'm in New Brunswick!

:hugs: try and focus on the fact that this cycle breaks the pattern, and isn't the norm. so even though you are missing a cycle because this one is so long, going from your past experience 5 years ago your cycles will be back to normal after this one! having long cycles is frustrating, so I can imagine it being extra frustrating having a long cycle that's out of the ordinary :(

stay strong love :)

CanadianMaple did you know there's a Canadian Moms and moms to be thread in the groups section? There's a nice bunch of ladies there :)

Foquita same here! I've been cramping too and I can only assume it means I'm close to ovulating, it seems crazy for me too considering how my last cycle went!

Hey ladies,

Can I join in?

Since having the implant out in January my cycles have been 33, 40, 61, 53 then 45 and currently on CD 33.

I'm not temping or anything, but trying to BD every other day! Sometimes our work gets in the way though.

Hoping I don't have to wait too much longer!

welcome :D I'm doing the same, just BDing at least every other day and trying not to stress! do you think you've ovulated yet or are you still waiting?

I'm not sure to be honest. Yesterday morning I felt very light headed, not myself at all. By the afternoon I felt okay. Couple of cramps the night before too.

We've been trying since March and it really does get you down, but I am trying not to stress too much!

If I am still not pregnant by xmas I will start charting I think x

welcome tryinfor1 and dalem :D

120 days is so long, you must have been going out of your mind :( are you on to your second cycle now?

YES!! I went to my DR and freaked out. Lol. I cried so hard because in that cycle I got like 7 LH surges (dark ones too and smileys) but never once ovulated according to blood work. I explained to him what was going on and he gave me provera to start AF which started four days later and then Clomid to make me ovulate!!!!!!!!

I got a very positive OPK cd14 and ovulated cd15 and today I am 3dpo!

I was going freaking crazy. My Primary called me and said for the last time that I hadnt ovulated. I called my OBGYN right then bawling and told them they had to see me and help me so they did right away. I am so grateful for them!

hope you get a BFP this month and don't have to go through another long cycle :hugs: is provera some sort of progesterone? that's great that they helped you out so quickly!

YUP! Provera is some kind of progesterone. I dont know specifics.. I just know that it gave me a cycle. lol. I was so excited.

And thank you!! I hope I do too! My cousin just announced she is pregnant over facebook.. I am happy for her but I hope I am not far behind!!

CanadianMaple did you know there's a Canadian Moms and moms to be thread in the groups section? There's a nice bunch of ladies there :)

Foquita same here! I've been cramping too and I can only assume it means I'm close to ovulating, it seems crazy for me too considering how my last cycle went!

I always get imaginary cramps :haha:

my cm has dried up today, hoping that it's a sign that I have ovulated! only time will tell :)

keep us updated!

Mrs davo - I charted last cycle and it ended in total disaster for me, but I have to say I will probably be joining you if no bfp by Christmas! :p I think ill try OPKs then too for the first time, scary stuff!

Tryinfor1 - you'll be bump buddies! :D my friend is now 11 weeks into an unplanned pregnancy and she is so excited and so am i! I can't wait to hopefully be bump buddies plus she'll have loads of advice because she's ahead of me, as will your cousin :babydance:

What's everyone's plans for the weekend? I'm working Saturday AND Sunday so won't have much time to do anything else!

hahahaha can't believe I put babydance instead of happydance to do this smiley :happydance:

silly me, wonder what I was thinking of :p

So after having my AF for months with it being regular and then not getting it this month... yet. It's about 11 days late I'm FINALLY having AF cramps!!!!! =D

Never thought I'd be so happy to say this but hopefully if I do get it either today or tomorrow I can get on with testing so that I can keeping TTC!!!!!!

TryinFor1- Did they say anything about all the +OPKs you had? It's so frustrating, isn't it?

They said that my OPKs didnt work correctly. That was the nurse though.. she is a dumbass. My DR said that he thinks I tried to ovulate and it just wasnt happening. They dont really know anything else other than that.

Foquita:

Yeah I will hopefully be bump buddies with her. I cant wait to tell her I got my bfp too! She already has one little boy. I just kinda wish it was me.. but my time will come. She was really excited so I am really happy for her. She is an amazing mom to her son.

They said that my OPKs didnt work correctly. That was the nurse though.. she is a dumbass. My DR said that he thinks I tried to ovulate and it just wasnt happening. They dont really know anything else other than that.

Foquita:

Yeah I will hopefully be bump buddies with her. I cant wait to tell her I got my bfp too! She already has one little boy. I just kinda wish it was me.. but my time will come. She was really excited so I am really happy for her. She is an amazing mom to her son.

you're right, your time will come :hugs: and it's a cliche but it will be even more worth it! <3

I agree!!

Especially cause I know I went through hell, and no as much hell as some women, but still hell to get my baby.

do you guys have any preference as to what you want first? I would adore a little girl but I dont care either way. As long as they are happy and healthy as can be. I told DH we were not stopping till I get my baby girl. Lol

EDIT

Not that if I only get all boys, I wont be so excited and happy. But I have such an amazing relationship with my mom and I love her to bits. I want that relationship with my daughter.

I agree!!

Especially cause I know I went through hell, and no as much hell as some women, but still hell to get my baby.

do you guys have any preference as to what you want first? I would adore a little girl but I dont care either way. As long as they are happy and healthy as can be. I told DH we were not stopping till I get my baby girl. Lol

EDIT

Not that if I only get all boys, I wont be so excited and happy. But I have such an amazing relationship with my mom and I love her to bits. I want that relationship with my daughter.

I'm the same with my mum, and I want a daughter too for that reason but I don't mind what I have first. Swaying towards a wee girl though it would be good to have a boy then a girl so she has a big brother!

My OH would definitely prefer a girl for the first one. My MIL has 4 boys, she just kept trying for a girl and never got one so she would be over the moon to have a grand daughter first and my BILs always wanted a sister :)

I have heard people say that if you have a girl first it kind of puts you off having any more :haha:

I will probably keep trying for a girl too if I get all boys, though I hope I get at least one of each :happydance:

I understand what you mean about the boy first. Lol. I can see that too. but TBH I have an older brother, and while it has definitely helped on more than one occasion he is SUCH A PAIN. Now that we are older it isnt so bad but growing up he was so mean!

Then I see how I am with my sister. we are 11 years apart, she is 9. And is my absolute world. I would do anything for that child. I just cant see my brother feeling that way about me. But maybe he does. I just think older sisters are more caring and loving towards their younger siblings. But that is only because I can just judge from the way I act as an older sister!

But, as I said, whatever comes first will be SUCH a blessing!! DO you have any names picked out yet? We LOOOVE Loreleigh Marie for a girl! It is off gilmore girls and that was my and my moms show. Lol. And Marie is DH mom middle name.

For a boy, I want Jon Glenn, named after both my grandpas who passed away too early in life. Glenn after my stepdads father so I think he would appreciate it. DH doesnt like it though. He says its too plain.

I understand what you mean about the boy first. Lol. I can see that too. but TBH I have an older brother, and while it has definitely helped on more than one occasion he is SUCH A PAIN. Now that we are older it isnt so bad but growing up he was so mean!

Then I see how I am with my sister. we are 11 years apart, she is 9. And is my absolute world. I would do anything for that child. I just cant see my brother feeling that way about me. But maybe he does. I just think older sisters are more caring and loving towards their younger siblings. But that is only because I can just judge from the way I act as an older sister!

But, as I said, whatever comes first will be SUCH a blessing!! DO you have any names picked out yet? We LOOOVE Loreleigh Marie for a girl! It is off gilmore girls and that was my and my moms show. Lol. And Marie is DH mom middle name.

For a boy, I want Jon Glenn, named after both my grandpas who passed away too early in life. Glenn after my stepdads father so I think he would appreciate it. DH doesnt like it though. He says its too plain.

I don't have a big brother, so I had a romantic idea of what it would be like :haha: :haha: who knows where that came from. I think ideally I would like two girls and a boy, or two of each. think I am getting a bit big for my boots, I haven't even conceived one haha!

I love the name loreleigh (i love rory too!) and I am really for naming my children after family members too :) our first girl will 100% be called rita, both of our grans are called rita plus I just love the name and had chosen that even before I met OH, then his gran is called that so it worked out perfect! our first wee boy will be called rudi. I like the name harry after my stepdad (who I love so much) but OH isn't too keen on that.

we have LOADS of girls names picked out, but only one definite boys name.

LOVE picking out names and thinking about stuff like that! :happydance:

I like jon glenn too, it's quite traditional which I think is really cute for a boy. tell your DH you have to go through labour so you'll have Jon Glenn and he can like it or lump it :haha:

I like jon glenn too, it's quite traditional which I think is really cute for a boy. tell your DH you have to go through labour so you'll have Jon Glenn and he can like it or lump it :haha:

Haha I think I can get him to like it. He goes between liking it and hating it. He will say, "no, too plain." and then will say "But maybe that isnt such a bad thing.." lol. We will figure it out when that time comes. I think it would really grow on him.

Yeah, I love talking about stuff like this. I have even though of how to decorate the rooms. I was thinking like a dinosaur theme for a boy and there is this commercial I see on tv and there is this baby room that is purple and has these huge white cutout butterflies that go beautifully. I would love that for a girls room. I like giraffes too though.

Haha I think I can get him to like it. He goes between liking it and hating it. He will say, "no, too plain." and then will say "But maybe that isnt such a bad thing.." lol. We will figure it out when that time comes. I think it would really grow on him.

Yeah, I love talking about stuff like this. I have even though of how to decorate the rooms. I was thinking like a dinosaur theme for a boy and there is this commercial I see on tv and there is this baby room that is purple and has these huge white cutout butterflies that go beautifully. I would love that for a girls room. I like giraffes too though.

my wee sis has a tattoo of a giraffe on her ankle :haha: the purple one sounds amazing, it's my favourite colour so will feature loads in my wee ones future room :) think we'll decorate the same for a girl or a boy - all bright colours and OH will paint a mural on the big wall. I can see it in my head <3 the baby will grow up and hate me for having everything purple lol.

aaaahhhh can't wait! :happydance: so excited for us!

lol my cramps aren't imaginary! Still cramping!

I always thought I wanted a boy first and a girl second and then I found out I was having a girl and it really didn't matter. All that mattered was that I was finally pregnant and having a healthy baby!

For my second.. I would love another girl so I can dress her in the same clothes my daughter wore but I wouldn't be upset at having a little boy and being able to buy him some cute little boy clothes :cloud9:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->