Long Term Trying To Conceive Vent Thread

I feel bad posting on this site, but hope someone can give me a little reassurance to get me through this because I am terrified. I am 41 y/o and recently finished testing for infertility. I had a rare reaction to Clomid, Ovarian Hyperstimulation Syndrome and a 10.5 cm tubo-ovarian cyst. I spent 6 days in the hospital and am home on a major medication regimen but I feel like I am getting worse. Saw my doc x2 this week, ultrasound shows both ovaries are size of softballs and says I will feel better in a few weeks keep taking meds. It's been ongoing since 11/15/2012 and I am not seeing improvement. I am open for any information, feeling lost and ignored by the medical profession.

You'll get a better response if you post a new thread hun, this thread is just really for people who want to vent about LTTTC so isn't checked that often. I hope you get some answers. I'm having problems with clomid too - I've got cysts but its my first cycle so I'm not really much help as I'm still learning about it.

ETA - never feel bad about posting. That's what this site is for. Just make sure it's in the right place so you can get help help and advice you need :)

Thanks for the reply. I still haven't figured out all the initials used. I couldn't find any section that had to do with test complications. I think I resorted to this one because of 15 years of infertility. Wishing you the best in your journey!

Thanks for the reply. I still haven't figured out all the initials used. I couldn't find any section that had to do with test complications. I think I resorted to this one because of 15 years of infertility. Wishing you the best in your journey!

You're on the right track with LTTTC, but just start a new thread on the main LTTTC board so you get more ppl to see it.

Literally every single day for the last week, there has been a pregnancy announcement on my Facebook news feed. Every. Single. Day.
Big bosses are in town this week, so work was extra rough today. I'm going home to get drunk.

Well today is a true mixed bag of emotions and i know it's just gonna get worse. My young sister (she's 23, i'm 32) is currently in hospital in labouras i type this (unplanned preg) so i know today i will have a new niece or nephew.

I am over the moon for her and so excited, but at the same time there's this terrible ache in my heart that she is going through this and not me. Of course i'm getting the 3rd degree on when i'm gonna have one, but i don't really wanna shout from the rooftops that i have faulty plumbing and have only ovulated once since i started monitoring this well over a year (wasn't doing the daily tests before that as stupidly expected it to happen within the first year of trying).

I know it's gonna absolutely break my heart when i see that bundle of joy, yet how can i show that on the happiest day of my little sisters life.

I just want to hide in a corner and cry

Well today is a true mixed bag of emotions and i know it's just gonna get worse. My young sister (she's 23, i'm 32) is currently in hospital in labouras i type this (unplanned preg) so i know today i will have a new niece or nephew.

I am over the moon for her and so excited, but at the same time there's this terrible ache in my heart that she is going through this and not me. Of course i'm getting the 3rd degree on when i'm gonna have one, but i don't really wanna shout from the rooftops that i have faulty plumbing and have only ovulated once since i started monitoring this well over a year (wasn't doing the daily tests before that as stupidly expected it to happen within the first year of trying).

I know it's gonna absolutely break my heart when i see that bundle of joy, yet how can i show that on the happiest day of my little sisters life.

I just want to hide in a corner and cry

Hi, I am 37 OH 48 and we have been trying for several years with no success... hubby has low sperm count, may be optioning to go private next year....

My little brother is 32 and he has 3 children to 2 ex wifes... he just has to look at them to get them pregnant!! Although current squeeze is so far not pregnant..., when you see your neice/nephew the love you feel for them will over ride your disappointment. I know it's not a solution, but being an aunt can be fun... you get to have all the fun without the hassle. I know we want the hassle... a baby of our own... but make the most of what you have otherwise it will tear you up.

Just want to rant, when I started ttc in August 2011 I swore is be preggo in 2011 when that didn't happen I thought oh well it'll defo be 2012 and now its december my blood test has showed no ovulation again this month it's not going to be this year . I'm so upset and heartbroken what will next year bring ? A pregnancy ? Baby ? Or 10 more months of heartache ? I wish everyone who started trying after me would stop getting bloody pregnant it's my turn !!!!!!! My little boy is
Asking if he can have a sister and I don't know what to tell him. My colleagues are asking when having another ...what do I say? I just wish everyone would f**€$! Off sometimes!!! Aarrgggh rant over

Dear friend who I've known since middle school, who also knows everything my husband and I have been going through, I don't care to hear about your husband of 2 years STILL hasn't gotten you a "push present" for giving birth to 2 children since you've been married. I hope you got the picture when I asked you why the babies weren't enough of a gift.

This isn't even about me but I keep thinking about it. I had coffee with a couple of women from our local infertility support group and one of them said that she visited her best friend 4days after she'd given birth, bringing presents etc. She was having a cuddle with the baby when he friend asked her when she was going to have one. She told her best friend about her struggle and he stood up, took the baby from her and asked her to leave. They haven't spoken since and the child is now 7. She unsurprisingly hasn't told anyone else that they're suffering from infertility.

I can't imagine how heart breaking that must've been for her.

Dear SIL, I am sensitive about having PCOS, which should be fairly obvious. I don't think it was funny when you joked about it, and yes I did take offense at it, even though you said you weren't trying to make fun of me. :growlmad:

Dear DH, you say that you also want a baby, but then when I tell you that we need to BD, you tell me that you're not in the mood. Fair enough so I ask you if we can do the softcup method, but no you'd rather it happen naturally/you don't want to do things on a schedule. How exactly do you think this is going to happen if we don't BD during my fertile period? Especially since 1)I have PCOS and 2)you have count and motility issues. Yes, we do have to do things on certain days, or nothing is going to happen. Work with me, or let me know that you don't want this so I can quit getting my hopes up month after month. :cry: We have been trying for a little over two years, and the majority of the time our timing was not ideal. I'm not sure how much of our fertility issues are fertility issues, timing issues, or all of the above.

Dear self, stop window shopping for baby stuff. There will always be cute baby stuff available, no need to make yourself sad by looking for things you don't need yet. :dohh:

This isn't even about me but I keep thinking about it. I had coffee with a couple of women from our local infertility support group and one of them said that she visited her best friend 4days after she'd given birth, bringing presents etc. She was having a cuddle with the baby when he friend asked her when she was going to have one. She told her best friend about her struggle and he stood up, took the baby from her and asked her to leave. They haven't spoken since and the child is now 7. She unsurprisingly hasn't told anyone else that they're suffering from infertility.

That is just cruel, people are so mean sometimes. :growlmad:

Wow that is horrible! I blame the TV for that type of reaction..the stereotype is if you can't have kids, you're gonna steal them like how criminal minds likes to pound into people. I did Criminal Minds marathon once and counted 4 episodes with that exact storyline.

It's just heart breaking isn't it. I understand that it was probably her hormones that made her over react but you have thought she would have come to her senses eventually. I forgot to say that these women were best friends from the age of 4.

That is really sad ickle pand. Nice to know people like to kick friends when they're down. Humanity never fails to lower the bar. If it's any consolation, your friend was better off without that kind of a person in her life because from the sounds of it the mother isn't a very good one.

That...makes no sense to me. What? Did she think IF was contagious or was she afraid the poor woman would make off with her baby? Either way, her reaction was completely ridiculous. I can't believe that woman would give up a life long friendship so quickly and over what?

I say the other woman is much better off without her friend.

Dear friend, don't tell me you understand as you text me from Hawaii with your brain surgeon husband and your 3 beautiful children. F U

Dear childfree people who voluntarely chose to not had LO's, no need to be so damn hostile towards us who just want to go through with natures course which is reproduction which is normal in every living organism possible. Not all, but some childfree's hatred towards kids seems like something that should get looked into professionally.

Thank you to all my friends who conceived first cycle who act like I am crazy for worrying about why I haven't gotten pregnant in the last two years.

Argh thank you to my best friend for telling me never mind that I can't conceive again I can help her look after her two instead while she swans off all the time . Big help that thanks NOT

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->