Looking for a April ivf cycle buddy!

Wishing - everyone body metabolizes the drug differently but normally after 10 days it will be out, are you testing it out?

Katrus - I'm going to vote for something not on your list ;) I say test before beta but after "on time" so say the 21st or 22nd!

Ratma - glad to hear DH is enjoying being part of the process. My DH contribution is being a drill sargeant in the AM to get me out of bed to get up and go to teh clinic for right when they open so as to avoid the line ups :haha:

As for me - not much to report that is different from yesterday .... same number of eggies brewing (14 total) they are all between 1.0 and 1.4 so I'm in another holding pattern for a few more days! I did add in the cetrotide this morning and it was easy peasy just like the other shots! Although I am running out of "spots" to inject so I am having to just hope that I'm not in exactly the same area as before. I have yet to bruise or have any reaction at all so I'm supposing reusing an area won't be an issue.

Question for you ladies and I apologize if its TMI but is anyone else having major gas and bloating??? I feel like I am constantly passing gas and the bloat / gas pains are ridiculous!! HOW am I going to make it another 4 or 5 days like this?!?!?

Oh Springy, just you wait till after EC and starting progesterone bombs!!! Wooohoooo. Bringing out the big guns now. Baked beans AS WELL AS PRUNES!

Oh no ..... DH and I are grocery shopping tomorrow and prune juice, all bran, bran buds are all on my list of things we need!!!!!

Springy, yes for gas! :) I surely had that. Now it's much better though. Although i do have some constipation issues. All righ, gonna include prune juice on my shopping list today. Also, how interesting you do your shots in the morning. I thought everyone does them in the evening.

I do the cetrotide in the morning and then the stims (gonal F + luveris) at night ... just following my clinic's orders and not questioning them ;)

Hello ladies, I did a fet with 4 assisted hatchlings day 3 on the 11 April and Not yet driving myself insane but getting there. I am finding is a consolation to read all of your posts and having a right good laugh sometimes too!! :haha: Xxx

As usual behind the times again but I'll say it again... Wow! 21 eggs - that's amazing Reb and fab that you've got 6 fertilised :) Any more news?

Ratma, how's stimming going so far? Lovely for your man to be involved, although mine always feels bad for sticking me with needles when all he to do is produce the goods in a cup once! ;)

Springy, I'm also running out of spots to needle - only one major bruise courtesy of DH first time with the gonal F pen! Gas and bloating is def an issue at the moment - highly attractive!

Katrus, you are super brave going to BabyGap - I'm scared to even go into a baby store! And anyway, forget about jinxing - fingers crossed and you'll be visiting for real sooooon!!

Wishing, hope the escape to the cabin in the woods was lovely and Lisa, Bambine, hope things are good with you.

AFM; clinic visit went okay yesterday though only 2 really good sized follicles one on either side, a 15mm and a 16mm yesterday morning. There are also about 4 x10mm's and an 11 hiding in there - I thought there would be more so was a bit gutted afterwards and phoned poor DH in tears. I thought we'd be in for ER tomorrow but nope, they've given the weekend to grow these follies a bit more. Scan again on Monday morning so fingers crossed they'll have had a spurt of growth (2mm per day plus some please!!) and we can be on course for trigger Monday , ER Wed, ET Friday.

Feeling pretty bloated and sore today, and knackered - movie with a duvet on the sofa I think :D

Sending everyone lots of happy thoughts :D xx

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
Lochbride - sorry you don't feel things have gone well, but given another few days, all those lovely 10's and 11's will have grown to the perfect size and you're going to get some good eggies. I only had 21 as I over-stimulate and my quality is shit - the ratio of 21 eggs to 6 fertilization is not very normal! I'm sure you'll get a good load and then DH can do his bit.
Girls - your bruises have nothing on my Clexane ones. OUCH bloody OUCH! x
Mmmmm, liking this new sunsweet prunejuice. If anyone hears an explosion in SE London anytime soon, don't worry about it. ; )

LOLOLOL @ all the gas explotions here and over the big pond!!!

Awww Bambine - stay chilled lovely and keep laughing - you too Katrus and Wishing ((hugs))

Lochy - hope your other 10 get a move on over the weekend!! Come on eggies please.

LOL Springy at your OH being your alarm call! They do come in useful sometimes don't they! Glad your follies are still doing well!!

Reb - any news on when you'll be going in?

Lisa and MM how are you doing?

I've a few bruises from inj - do you lot have any tips to prevent them or is it just luck of the draw? I'm injecting first thing as just following what they told me! I think I'd rather do it at night as I'm not a morning person and find it all a bit of a rush. Glad I have my injecting assistant at the ready though!

Can someone answer a question someone asked me? What makes them decide whether you need to down reg or not? Is it due to any condition you might have or is it down to the clinic? If you do short protocol at what stage of your cycle do you start off?

I still feel fine - a few ovary tweeks here and there, quite tired yesterday and not sleeping too well, apart from that - just want all this to be over with asap!!

Yeah, I just got back from the store with two bottles of my own prunny juice :) trying to go organic all the way for a couple more weeks until the embies settle in completely. Damn those organic juices are expensive! I choose the ones that are not from concentrate, and I loaded on some more pomegranate, acai, carrot and grapefruite juices. A few days ago got some brazil nuts too, they are not the best tasting, but it's said to have a lot of selenium which helps with implantation. I really really hope my efforts will be paid off!

Reb, I wish B&B had a 'like' button - your last post would be getting a big fat one, made me laugh a lot :D I feel left out not on prune juice, maybe I should go and buy some just to join in!! ;) Is it just to get things moving or are there other good properties?

Also, is there any such thing as a normal follicles return? Any minimum numbers - I should prob just be pleased I have some eggies on route instead of being hung up on sizes. Positive mental attitude here I go!

I do mine in a morning too Rata and dont have a problem with bruises and you cant even really see the injection spot. I dont know what others are told but i was just told to go in at an angle which works for me coz i barely even feel it (i do have a bit of padding tho lol)

Im not doing too bad hun thanks for asking. I was mega mega bloated yesterday and in a bit of discomfort but AF showed today so im guessing it was that :)

Dunno what makes them decide about DRin :shrug: xxx

Lochbride I too have a low amh of 5 and when I went in for my one week follie scan I was disappointed and had to go back mondayonly had 10mm ones. Went back on the monday and had to go for another scan on the wednesday and didnt have ec till friday afternoon so give it time it just takes a bit longer for them to grow but they def will. All those 10mm ones can keep growing. I eventually got 10 eggs, slow and steady, its hard and each day feels like an eternity but stay positive. X x x

On the subject of prune juice, these threads are sooooooo funny, we should be getting commission for all this increase in sales of sunsweet prune juice. Lol

Well, it's not blooming working here! Okay - here's the list.
1 can of prunes;
1 jar prune juice;
1 tin baked beans;
Some chickpeas;
Curry.
Any more ideas?!
Downregging is usually done - there are a few clinics here in the UK who don't - I think they do a 'natural' cycle, but success is low as they don't have control of your cycle. I think there are also a few medical conditions that preclude downregging. But I'm probably talking out of my backside. Well, nothing else is coming out of it!!! hahahahaha!
Fingers crossed that I don't get my embies put back tomorrow, but can hold off till Tuesday - please, please, embies!
Love to all x

You are so funny :) Did they tell you what's going on with them today? Or did I miss you say that?

Well ladies I solved my gas problem today with eating small amounts and not having big meals and I used GasX :haha: I will be purchasing the prune juice for before retrieval and before my transfer to make sure things are good and clear for both of those procedures!

MrsMax how are ya??

I'm not sure why I haven't bruised ... maybe I have enough fat for the needles to avoid any blood vessels ;) I also have very hard veins to find so I think that my veins etc. are a lot deeper than most peoples so that may also have to do with it. I also am using 30 gauge needles which are SUPER tiny and I inject the 1mL solution really slowly - 10 seconds.

I'm curled up on the couch for the evening with an Easter Creme Egg and The Muppets Movie!!!

Oh - and whether to choose DR or not, my last clinic told me that it is really up to physician preference and what they are comfortable with as there is really no difference in the success rates using a long vs a short and mine is kind of a hybrid of the two. I am not using a true suppression med like a Suprefact or a Lupron but I was suppressed with the BCP and then started on a short protocol. If that makes any sense at all ....

Well, we've decided to go for that Cabin in the woods movie. I heard it is really scary but there is nothing else good playing :(

SUCCESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
OMG, the joy. Cup of coffee and a run round the park - the old fashioned methods work every time. Oh joy.

Don't get too freaked out, Katrus! I can't watch scary movies!
Hope all are well - who's up next for EC? I've lost track of where everyone is.
Lisa - if AF is here, are you off for your scan soon?
I'm waiting to hear embryologist report this morning. (Biting nails!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->