Looking for a April ivf cycle buddy!

What I found helped me a lot was to lay all the stuff for the injections out on my counter and every time I would read the instructions step by step - somehow reading the instructions and focussing on that calmed me down and didn't let my mind "race" about the fact I was about to inject myself with a needle!!

The Gonal F and the Follistim come in a handy "pen" form which you dial up the dose inject and push it down ... super easy. The others which require mixing are more "stressful"

I have been silently stalking this thread since its creation but never knew when i was goin to start so didnt post much but now i can finally say i start Downreggin on the 10th April :happydance:

This is our first go and im soooo excited!! Im hoping for a little miracle we can announce at the wedding :)

FX for all you lovely ladies :) xxx

Lisa, welcome! Great to have more people on here!
Shall we make a list of when everyone is starting?

:wave: Lisa - great to see some newbies.

Ratma - I was in Bridport on mother's day :) I have thought about going to cerne abbas to get me some luck. i bet lots of IVF ladies have!! Hope you had a nice day.

Katrus :happydance: I am sooo chuffed for you hon that is AWESOME!

Springy - I still havent managed to do all the jabbing myself yet - we have moved onto the autopen thing and I can do that myself but my hubby sets it all up and mixes it for me. I am sure I could do it but I like the fact he is involved in the process

AFM, my AF is still late and temps still high so will call the clinic today to see what they say. Why cant our bodies just do what they are supposed to!!!?

Nearly the weekend - phew!

mrs max there is ONE thing that I know is certain in this infertility journey .... our bodies NEVER seem to cooperate with us when we want them too!!!!!!!!

I am just praying that there are no hiccups when I go in on the 5th and that I can start on the 7th. I will be devastated if there is any delay .... My biggest worry now is that the stupid BCP has over suppressed me and I won't respond to meds!!!!!

Springy - i know. This whole journey sems to be one worry after the next! I called the clinic about AF no show and they said as long as she arrives before my baseline scan on 4th April it will be ok. Hope she hurrys up!

What happens on the 5th for you? Is that baseline?

Welcome Lisa - nice to have some more on this journey!!

Springy - fingers x'd for your next appt

Katrus - how's it hanging?

MrsM - Bridport is lovely! I think you should defo pay a visit to C.A - someone in another forum said someone they knew broke in one night and dtd, although they didn't conceive that cycle - they did the one after after 4 years of trying!! Hope you get af soon.

I start down regging tomorrow - eeek, two lots of sniffing plus I'm on norithisterone to bring on af as I've not had one since early Feb and am unlikely to without any meds due to the dratted pcos!

Springy - i know. This whole journey sems to be one worry after the next! I called the clinic about AF no show and they said as long as she arrives before my baseline scan on 4th April it will be ok. Hope she hurrys up!

What happens on the 5th for you? Is that baseline?

April 2nd is where we have our needle teach and pay our fees. Then April 5th is my baseline scan and if all good then I start the stim's on the Saturday (April 7th).

We are not expecting any issues as I had a CD3 scan on March 2nd and had no cysts, and lots lots lots lots lots of antral follicles (a whopping 32 of them!) so I'm not expecting any issues on the 5th but you never know ;)

Hi everyone! Nothing new with me so far, just waiting for AF to arrive. My last bcp pill was on Tusday, the 20th, and they said AF will come withing two-three days. My lining was thick when they checked it on the 20th, don't know if it's good or bad, guessing good. I am supposed to start stims on Sunday, but won't know for sure until the u/s on Saturday morning. Hope af will start by than. Right now - no sign of it :(

Springy, what are antral follicles? Like the ones that are in immediate reserve?

Hi everyone! Nothing new with me so far, just waiting for AF to arrive. My last bcp pill was on Tusday, the 20th, and they said AF will come withing two-three days. My lining was thick when they checked it on the 20th, don't know if it's good or bad, guessing good. I am supposed to start stims on Sunday, but won't know for sure until the u/s on Saturday morning. Hope af will start by than. Right now - no sign of it :(

Your lining needs to thin out and then thicken back up - it is thick right now b/c you haven't bled this month. Once you bleed then you will start to plump back up for this month's IVF.

Hello!

Took my first nasal spray this morning so I'm officially downregging!

Tasted a bit grim and I have a slight headache now - oh the joys!

Yey for getting started :wohoo:

I am doing injections to DR. Weird how different areas do it differently xx

And my stim injections start on Sunday. I decided to try do them myself, at least the Follistim. Still no af. I wrote an email to the clinic asking about whether I should start the meds or not on Sunday if no af. I have an u/s tomorrow too, to check the lining.

Just got my meds in a huge box. It has layers of ice packs inside. Does that mean I have to keep them refrigerated? It has twice the meds I expected, gonna go home now and try to make sense of all of them. Af still not here, and no reply form the clinic... Sigh...

Just got my meds in a huge box. It has layers of ice packs inside. Does that mean I have to keep them refrigerated? It has twice the meds I expected, gonna go home now and try to make sense of all of them. Af still not here, and no reply form the clinic... Sigh...

You need to read the boxes - some are refrigerated until you use the first time then after that they are room temp, some are totally refrigerated, some are all room temp. It depends on the drug - definitely look each one up individually.

Springy - i love the new picture. I have been on here 18 months and still havent got a picture. I should do that soon!

It is gorgeous on the south coast UK today peeps!! Just been lying in the sun reading and baking a yummy vegan chocolate cake. Just off to do the icing.

Happy saturday :hugs:

Got af this morning. Went to my u/s, waiting for a go-ahead phone call now...

Springy - i love the new picture. I have been on here 18 months and still havent got a picture. I should do that soon!

It is gorgeous on the south coast UK today peeps!! Just been lying in the sun reading and baking a yummy vegan chocolate cake. Just off to do the icing.

Happy saturday :hugs:

Thanks - there is a full explanation in my journal for why I went with a bunny ;)

Hello!

Took my first nasal spray this morning so I'm officially downregging!

Tasted a bit grim and I have a slight headache now - oh the joys!

Yey for starting!

You need to read the boxes - some are refrigerated until you use the first time then after that they are room temp, some are totally refrigerated, some are all room temp. It depends on the drug - definitely look each one up individually.

Ok. I read all the instructions, I think it's much clearer now to me. And Af has finally started!

So, I did the u/s this morning and after they called me and told me although af started, my lining was still too thick this morning, and they want me to come back tomorrow morning to check it again. If it looks thinner, I can do my first injection tomorrow evening. I think it will be ok. I wish they did the weekend u/s in later morning hours, but they want everyone to come in before 8 am on weekends. I heard this morning they were talking to another woman who was about to start injections that she needs to come in every day for approx 10 days until her follies are 18mm, so they know exactly when to do the trigger shot. Wow, every day, seriously? I hope it will be ok with my work schedule.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->