Looking for a April ivf cycle buddy!

Katrus - good luck tomorrow, my clinic during the week is at 630 am :coffee:

As for monitoring, I have my baseline then I have 3 days of stims then a check. Then I go in every other day ... Time consuming but worth it!

Morning ladies, can you cope with some more company? I'm downregging at the moment and waiting for AF to show - she's late, which has never happened before, except when I got my last BFP... SO ANNOYING! I'm on my 2nd and final IVF and we're at the very end of our journey - this is more a last shot with very small chance of success, but we decided to go with it to give ourselves peace if things don't work out.
I'm a Dorset girl as well, but living in London now - Because of my age and one IVF on the NHS, we're private at the Lister. Ouch!
I hope everyone's coping with this rollercoaster and look forward to getting to know you all a bit!

Springy, I guess it's very similar everywhere, cause I just got a phone call from the clinic and they said to start stims tonight and then come back for b/w and u/s on Wed morning, so it will be three days by than.

Reb, welcome! Hope this last shot will result in a little miracle for you! What is your plan if god forbid it wouldn't work, if you don't mind me ask? And can someone please explain to me the NHS program? We don't have it in US, and I googled it, but could piece together the info. I understand it's a free program in UK, like government funded, but you need to qualify for it, and it has limited funds for about two ivfs per couple. That's all I know about it, but want to know more since a lot of girls from UK mention it.

Thanks for the welcome, Katrus! The NHS IVF programme is a postcode (zipcode!) lottery - if you live in a good place they will give you free IVF, up to 3 cycles, but only up to age 39 - some postcodes don't give you any at all; some only one. I don't qualify as I've had one already and now I live on the over 40's ttc thread! (met OH at 37).
Good luck with starting stimms - I wish I was already!

Hello ladies!

Welcome Reb - very best of luck to you my lovely, I really really hope this one is THE one that's sucessful for you.

Exciting stim times for you Springy and Katrus!! I don't think I have to go in much to be monitored I don't think - I bloody hope not as I don't know how to get out of work!

How's tricks MrsMax

Who else did I miss? My memories like a seive lately

My downregging seems to be going fine - thought I was having hot flushes last night, but it has been warm here in the UK and we still have the winter duvet on so it may have been that!! LOL

Should get af this week when I stop the northisterone, then I have my baseline scan on 10 April so still a while to go until any stimming action here.

Feeling quite relaxed about it all really! Xxx

Katrus glad to hear you don't need to go everyday that would be crazy!

Welcome Reb :hi: I'm on my first IVF and I'm fully self funded as in Canada in the province I live in the only way to get any funding is to have both your tubes blocked.

Onto my last week of BCP!

Wow, you'd think for all this money and troubles with IVF they could guarantee the outcome... But no, we still have to worry and take a risk whether it would stick!

So, the first injection is over :) I couldn't do it. After laughing and fooling around, I totally chickened out and oh had to do it for me. but maybe it's good as he feels more involved. He won't be around today though, so I will be on my own. Maybe I will find someone, but I want to get myself together and just do it. I didn't hurt at all.

I have another question. On march 20th, they measured one follicle that was 30mm. Every scan after that I've asked if it was still there, and it was. So - now that I started stimming, what will happen to it? It's already huge, will it get bigger from the meds, or not? Can it be released before all? I am worried about it and they are just saying not to worry, it's ok.

Oh you lucky Stim girls! My clinic told me today - sorry we're too busy for you now, just tread water downregging till we're ready for you. ?!?!? And I'm PAYING for this?
Katrus - you'll get used to the needles. I found that warming the spot with a mug of hot tea helped! Also rubbing it just before you do the deed!
MrsMax - where on the South Coast are you from? I'm a Dorset girl, but living in London.

Oh you lucky Stim girls! My clinic told me today - sorry we're too busy for you now, just tread water downregging till we're ready for you. ?!?!? And I'm PAYING for this?
Katrus - you'll get used to the needles. I found that warming the spot with a mug of hot tea helped! Also rubbing it just before you do the deed!
MrsMax - where on the South Coast are you from? I'm a Dorset girl, but living in London.

SERIOUSLY!!!???! So how long do you now just "hold tight" for?!?!?!

Katrus you will get used to it - force yourself to do it today as then if you're stuck home alone and you have no one to help you, you will know that you can do it.

Reb, wow. Hope they'll be ready for you very soon!

Springy, thank you. I gotta do it in one hour and I am home alone, except for my 9 year old sleeping. It crossed my mind to ask him to do it lol. I guess not a good idea :) so gonna do it myself for sure.

How often is it that someone gets overstimulated?

Good luck with the injections Katrus - hope you managed it okay on your own. I've got to admit I'm not looking forward to that stage! I have been given a pen and have read its a bit easier?

Not sure how common over-stimming is - I know you have to watch out for the signs and drink lots to help it? Did you ask the clinic about your 30mm folly?

Springy - when do you start stimming?

Reb - that's shite lovely, hope they can get you stimming soon, esp as you're bloody stumping up the cash - how annoying!!

MrsMax how are you getting on?

Nothing new here, still sniffing and feel okay really, just hot at night.

Katrus - how did it go last night??

I start stimming on April 7th so just under 2 weeks from now :happydance:

My stim med is the Gonal F pen which I used for 2 of my IUIs it is SO easy to use! Needle doesn't hurt at all ... I'm not looking forward to Luveris which I have to mix up and then inject - those ones I hate ....

I start stimms on 10 Apr so a few days behind you Springy

What is the Luveris for and do you have to mix that with the GonalF? I have no clue what meds I'm injecting - it just says Gonondraphin on my form? I defo have a pen though so quite happy about that but seeing all those needles in the pack make me feel eek!

So, I did the injection on my own. It went very good, didn't hurt at all. So I think I will be fine on my own.

Ratma, no they didn't say anything about that 30mm follie, and I am very worried about it. I will def ask at tomorrow's u/s.

Springy, I have almost the same question as Ratma about Luveris. I saw that some people take it along with Gonal-F, but not with Follistim. What is Luveris for?

So I guess the next two-three weeks will be very exciting for all of us! We'll be going so close to each other, awesome :)

Luveris and Bravelle are similar to the others but they also have the LH hormone in it .... not sure what it does but it is very standard to add them together for stimulation.

You will see a lot of people on "menopur + bravelle" and lots of women on "Gonal F + Luveris" I'm not questioning it as I have full faith in my clinic.

Just dropping in quickly to say hi. Hopefully will get a chance to read everyone's updates soon and catch up properly. I am just taking gonal-f - like springy said I am truing not to question my clinic - but it is so hard when you hear about other people taking extra stuff :blush:

Def a hectic month coming up on this thread! Crossed for all of us :dust:

Isn't it weird how many protocols are out there?! You'd think they'd have worked out which one is the best. Oh well!
Bravo Katrus, on your self-injection!
OHSS is not that common - if you're being scanned regularly they should lower your dose if you show signs. I had it and it wasn't too bad, but it can make some people very sick, so drink LOTS of water.
My clinc has taken pity and booked me in for a scan on Friday - hopefully onto stimms then FX

Excellent Reb *yay* that's interesting about OHSS - glad they kept an eye on you.

I knoe Katrus - so many different protocols and meds - I wonder if the clinics just buy in the drugs they get the best deal on?

Good luck with your scan lovely - yes defo ask about the 30mm at least it will set your mind at rest.

Hope your both doing good Springy and Mrsmax?

Who else is amongst us?

I had acupuncture last night and I didn't have any hot flashes during the night, so that's ace! Going to have a sess before EC and then straight after ET!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->