Looking for a April ivf cycle buddy!

Oooh I've just marked my appt on my calandar and can't believe how close it is *yikes*

I love how were all close together - its defo helping having us to share this process together xxx

Ratma - I have been using accupuncture on and off - but just booked myself in for a couple of session during stimming and one before transfer. When are you dong the one after - the same day as transfer or next day?

Reb - Yay!! About time!!

All being well I start stimming 6th April so we can all help each other. So exciting!!!

Ratma - I have been going to acupuncuture weekly since December and will continue with it till the week of retrieval and transfer, where I think we add in a few extra sessions. It is a bit pricey, however, I have $500 in coverage through my health benefits and my husband has $500 for me in coverage too .... Not sure what I would do if IVF #1 doesn't work as I will be out of coverage for this year. But PMA only allowed in this thread - I WILL NOT NEED a second round of IVF because #1 will WORK!

It is great we are all so close together in this - MrsMax my baseline is the 5th and stim's start on the 7th :happydance:

Reb - how was the appointment?

Katrus - do you have your first scan / check today or tomorrow?

Springy, I am at the clinic right now doing my first scan after 3 days of stimming. All the follies are small, I will let you know my E2 level after they call me in a few hours.

Springy - appointment is on Friday, fingers crossed I can start stimms;
MrsMax and Ratma - I used acupuncture during my last IVF - it made me so much better the consultant asked for her name! However I lost faith after the MC as she was never really interested in treating OH who has as many problems in the :spermy: department as I do in the egg!
Katrus - how did it all go?

AFM - Bit worried as I have NO down-reg symptoms - hope it's actually working!

Ok, so on the right ovarie I have two follies sizes 9mm and 7mm, and on the left ovarie I have also two follies sizes 7.5mm and 7mm. Not much, I guess... My E2 level was 326. They are not changing the dosage for right now. I have my next appointment on Friday, and after that it will be a little more definite what's going on.

I don't know anything about E2 levels or folly sizes but it sounds like you are on course Katrus - remember its only been a few days. What are E2 levels - do I need to ask for these once I start stimming?

Reb - really hope they start you stimming Fri. Sorry for your m/c and lack of interest from the acupuncturist ((hugs)). As for no symptoms - I was worried about this too as I'm paranoid I'm not sniffing correctly! It either goes down my throat or my nose runs and I'm noo worried to blow it so keep sniffing up snot (soz tmi) LOL

Springy - that's great you get all that funding to cover things like acup - defo don't think of the what ifs - PMA!!!!

How are you doing MM? When do you move on to stimming? I'm having acup about half way through stimming and then am planning to have it on the day of tran or the day after. He said that's the most important one to have.

Nothing new here, just waiting for af and am feeling a bit hot at times. Mood is fine though xxxxxx

Hey Reb - It took about 10 days of deregging for me to get any symptems. Even now, I question whether it is in my mind or not. Lots of headaches though and very :sleepy:

Ratma - Have booked a couple of sessions of acupuncture during the stimming as I expect to be a low responder due to low AMH. I am trying to get an appointent day after transfer but teh acupuncturist only works two days a week and I cant fidnany that work on a Friday which will likely be my day after transfer!!

Counting down days for baseline scan next wednesday! Cant wait to start the stims.

Katrus - i dont know much about follies or folly sizes - but yours sounds on track for just a few days. I knwo they hope for 8-10 follies of 18mm by egg collection - but I dont really know what they means!! :blush:

Work is crazy busy at the moment just trying not to let it stress me out. It makes me glad my linic gives me a sick note for 2 weeks after transfer - I think I will need the rest!!!

sorry = at work so typing too quick to check my spelling!!

Ratma, I am paranoid, so I ask for all the results. E2 level after 3 days of injections should be between 100 and 500, so mine was indeed normal. They only measure the biggest 4 follies at my clinic, but there are others that are smaller. For the doctor, E2 level together with follie measurements shows whether to up or down your dosage of meds.

I don't feel anything different yet really. I heard that by the 8th day lots of girls start feeling heavy pulling sensation and get very uncomfortable. Not looking forward to it but oh we'll, it's all worth it. I can't believe that my retrieval is going to be next week already! I just realized that and am in shock :)

About the acupuncture. How much approx is one session? And what are the general recommendations on when to do it during the cycle?

Mrsmax can you believe we are ONE week away?!?!?!?

Yey! We'll be riding t his train together so soon!!

Guys, I booked my first acupuncure appointment for this saturday. Not sure if it will help but heard so many good things about it and decided to try.

I love Acupuncture and find it SUPER relaxing!

Me too springy. Im currently sat outside my acu place waiting for my appointment. It is relaxing and just has a calming effect on me :)

Hope u enjoy it as much as i do xxx

Springy, so how long does one session's effect last normally? I mean, it's a little pricey, so I want to do no more than 4-5 sessions. How do you suggest to space these sessions?

My acu place is next door to my fertility clinic (I'm sure it's meant to attract all these ladies who go to my clinic)

Springy, so how long does one session's effect last normally? I mean, it's a little pricey, so I want to do no more than 4-5 sessions. How do you suggest to space these sessions?

My acu place is next door to my fertility clinic (I'm sure it's meant to attract all these ladies who go to my clinic)

I dont know a few days .... I go once a week and I have $1000 worth of coverage and each session is $73 so my whole treatments for this IVF cycle have been covered.

Oh, I see... Lucky you. My insurance does not cover it at all :( But that's ok, since it covers 100% of my IVF treatment, I don't mind paying for acupunture.

Oh, I see... Lucky you. My insurance does not cover it at all :( But that's ok, since it covers 100% of my IVF treatment, I don't mind paying for acupunture.

Ya I doubt you're going to spend $11,000 in acupuncture even if you went once a week and then a few extra times around retrieval and transfer so it may be worth shelling out a few hundred dollars.

Ha ha! Clever acu people! Putting a honeypot next to a bees nest! Hope you enjoy it - as I said, I found it really helpful, but no budget now and went off my local acu lady.
Katrus - sounds good - you have nice big follies already x
Mrsmax - after all my complaining I woke up at 3am sweating so much I had to change my PJ's!
Ratmagirl - hee hee!!! I love your snot story! I'm having trouble with it too - I'm much better at squirting up my right nostril than my left!
AFM - scan tomorrow...

Good luck at your scan tomorrow Reb!!

Hi Lisa - hope you're doing well? Glad you are acup'ing too - it defo helps, even if its just for the relaxation!

Katrus - you sound like you're doing well. Hope you find the acup does you good - I was told a session just after transfer is the most important and anything else a bonus really to help with symptoms. I pay £35 for a 40min session

Spring and MM - whoohoo not long to go until you're on the stimming train. Are you both neck and neck with your schedule?

No change here, still no af :( hopefully it'll start soon. 11 days until I start stimming. Was talking to a friend of a friend online and she said you feel bloated by the end of stimming like you're carrying round beachballs in your tum! :lol I'm trying to get myself some elasticated waisted trousers hehehehe

My work is busy too - I'm finding it a welcome distraction.

Have a good weekend all xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->