Looking for a April ivf cycle buddy!

Reb let us know how the scan goes today!

Katrus how are you feeling??

Ratma - I have done 2 cycles with Gonal F for an IUI and on my first I had 7 large follicles and 5 small ones and by the time they triggered me I was SO bloated and SO uncomfortable!!! I am not sure what I am going to manage to put on for work after retrieval and before transfer when I'm still super bloated!! Might have to go invest in some stretchy jersey cotton skirts / dresses for work!!!!!

AFM - had a total emotional breakdown last night. All about "how did I get here, what if this doesn't work, why us, this is so much $$ etc." I think it is all just VERY real now as we go pay on Monday and then I'm back Thursday and start the drugs in a week's time .... I'm pretty sure the stupid BCP isn't helping my emotional state!!!!!!!

Hey, girls. I am sitting at the clinic waiting for b/w. They just did an u/s and it looks like there are still only 4 follies maturing. I am starting to panic as I think it's not a good amount to be successfull. I guess I will wait until they call me later in a day to see what's going on more specifically. The u/s lady wasn't very friendly, so I didn't want to ask her.

Hey, girls. I am sitting at the clinic waiting for b/w. They just did an u/s and it looks like there are still only 4 follies maturing. I am starting to panic as I think it's not a good amount to be successfull. I guess I will wait until they call me later in a day to see what's going on more specifically. The u/s lady wasn't very friendly, so I didn't want to ask her.

Its still early! They may up your medication dose though.

Remember- it is all about quality over quantity! I know 4 people on here who had only 6 eggs retrieved and all went on to get pregnant - TWO of them with TWINS!!!!!

Hello ladies,

I have been reading along and decided it was time to jump into the game! I am about to start my second IVF cycle. My last was in January/Feb so we've had a few weeks off and are anxious to get ready. I will be going for baseline blood and u/s Tuesday or Wednesday of next week I believe and will be starting my meds right away if all looks good.

I had no complaints about my last go around, except for the outcome of course, but the process moved along quite well and everyone at the clinic was great. I am also doing acupuncture this time which I enjoy.

Just wanted to say hi and I wish all of you the very best!

Hi Rozzi - nice to have another on board!

We should make a list or something shouldn't we? I find it hard to remember who's who on here as its so busy!

Springy - gosh that sounds so uncomfy *yikes* I ashamedly was looking at maternity wear online yest, then had second thoughts that it might jinx this in some way. So sorry you had a minor meltdown my chicken. Must be so hard for you having gone through so much, and this time with the added pressure of paying ((hugs)) stay strong and think positive and remember we're all in this together xxx

Katrus - try not to worry about the foll no's, spring's right - tis quality not quantity!!xxx

Just wondering if anyone has used Menopur and Cetrotide? I am going to be starting with Gonal F which I did last time (love that easy to use pen) and then will also be using Menopur and Cetrotide as things get moving along. Little different than last time but that's fine by me, obviously I trust what the doctor says.

Welcome, Rozzi! Nice to have more people on board. I am on Follistim and Ganirelix (which I have not started yet), so can't comment on this one.

Thank you, ladies, for the support. I am still concerned, I wish they'd call me already! I heard of these stories as well, with girls getting pg with only a few eggies retrieved. But what is mine are not the good quality either? I mean, it' s no guarantee that fewer eggies result in better quality? I know, I am driving myself crazy for prob nothing right now, but I will feel better, I promise, once they at least give me all the measurements.

Just wondering if anyone has used Menopur and Cetrotide? I am going to be starting with Gonal F which I did last time (love that easy to use pen) and then will also be using Menopur and Cetrotide as things get moving along. Little different than last time but that's fine by me, obviously I trust what the doctor says.

Hi Rozzi :hi: welcome to the thread!!!! I am using Gonal F, Luveris and Orgalutron (or certotide - depends if there is a shortage on the orgalutron) .... the menopur does the same type of thing as Luveris, it has LH in it along with FSH I think.... I really should know since I work for a large biotechnology / pharmaceutical company!!! The menopur & luveris you have to mix up in a vial though - not as easy peasy as the Gonal F!

Welcome, Rozzi! Nice to have more people on board. I am on Follistim and Ganirelix (which I have not started yet), so can't comment on this one.

Thank you, ladies, for the support. I am still concerned, I wish they'd call me already! I heard of these stories as well, with girls getting pg with only a few eggies retrieved. But what is mine are not the good quality either? I mean, it' s no guarantee that fewer eggies result in better quality? I know, I am driving myself crazy for prob nothing right now, but I will feel better, I promise, once they at least give me all the measurements.

No there is no guarantee at all Katrus .... that's the really really crappy part of IVF - NO guarantees!!!!

Hi Rozzi - nice to have another on board!

We should make a list or something shouldn't we? I find it hard to remember who's who on here as its so busy!

Springy - gosh that sounds so uncomfy *yikes* I ashamedly was looking at maternity wear online yest, then had second thoughts that it might jinx this in some way. So sorry you had a minor meltdown my chicken. Must be so hard for you having gone through so much, and this time with the added pressure of paying ((hugs)) stay strong and think positive and remember we're all in this together xxx

Katrus - try not to worry about the foll no's, spring's right - tis quality not quantity!!xxx

I agree a list would be good ... I nominate you to make it :haha: :rofl:

Katrus - in my last cycle I had 3 retrieved and all 3 fertilized and made it to transfer so don't get discouraged by the number. Mine all seemed to really grow in the last couple of days too. Hang in there.

Ok, so I just got the results back. Here is where I am at:

E2= 426
Lining= 10.5mm
Right ovary: 11
Left ovary: 14.5, 10, 9.5
Total - 4 maturing, and 5 smaller ones (they didn't measure them)
Approx Egg Retrieval date: Thursday, 04/05/12
Follistim dosage will stay the same
Starting Ganirelix tonight
Next appointment on Sunday, 04/01/12

I asked about the possibility of IUI and it's 50/50 at this point. Two of my follies need to grow up to about 20mm in order to proceed with IVF, so hopefully they will pick up pace by Sunday. I really hope tomorrow's acu session will help :shrug:

Katrus - I agree with the others - quality not quantity. My friend just had her twins from IUI from failed IVF...
Springy - sorry you had a blub-out. I nearly had one myself today - nearly didn't do the first stimms injection as I was so freaked out, but my OH calmly said - if you don't do it you'll never know, so I did it. URK!!!
Rozzi - welcome! And best of luck for this time round xxx

Ouch, ouch, ouch! Well, maybe I am too sensitive, but Ganirelix hurts! Today was my first time using it and I didn't even go in from the first try. Plus, I watched a video on it on YouTube and it basically said to take it out, clean the skin, take off the cap and inject. Didn't say anything about that huge air bubble inside! So I injected with the air bubble. It made a weird sound at the end when I was injecting the air :( only than I realized that I probably should have pushed the bubble out before injecting. Is it ok?

Hi everyone, can I join

Im in the middle of stimming, went for scan yesterday and have 4 follicles at 10mm and another 5 smaller ones, im praying they grow over weekend, go back monday for another scan. X

A bit about me
Me 32 dh 31
ttc 7 years
Ds from previous relationship aged 8
unexplained but low amh 5, dh gold star.

Nice to have some cycle buddies

Hi there, okay if I join too? I'm just starting my first ICSI (NHS) after 2 failed IUI's last summer.

Currently downregulating on Prostap - due for my first scan to check the lining on the 4th of April then hopefully starting upregulator (Gonal F)then... on the cards for retrieval week of the 16th of April.

Pretty stressed out but trying to stay calm!!

:wave: Hi Rozzi and Loch. Welcome to the thread - we definiately need a list!!! I think 3 or 4 of us should be stimming and transferring together. We can keep each other sane in the TWW!!

Wishing - :wave: good to see you on this thread and things are going well so far. I am following you closely as you have the same AMH score as me.

Katrus - I understand why you are worrying - I sometimes think it makes it worse when we know too much info. I love BnB but sometimes it is scary comparing yourself to others progress. :hugs:

Springy - all being well we strat stimming next week. Who else starts stimming next week? (Have I just inadvertantly volunteered to do the list....) :rofl:

Come on Katrus' follys - grow grow grow!!

Glad your OH got you out of the wobbly Reb.

Hi new ladies - we have a nice group of us now.

Okay, let's have a list - add/edit and copy and paste:

Ratmagirl ICSI #1 downregging, stimming 10 April, approx ER/ET 23 April

Ratmagirl ICSI #1 downregging, stimming 10 April, approx ER/ET 23 April
MrsMax IVF 1 downregging, stimming 5 April, approx ER 17th April (low AMH)

Everyone else please and I will keep pasting until we have a complete list :) Can then add our results (lots of lovely BFPs) to when we get to that stage :)

Reb IVF or ICSI no. 2, stimming; EC approx April 12th
Well done Mrsmax!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"