Looking for a April ivf cycle buddy!

Katrus IVF/ICSI #1, stimming, approx ER April 5th

Thank you! Welcome, Wishing and Loch!
Wishing, we are very close in our cycle. Which day exactly are you right now? And when is your ER?

HI everyone,

Katrus, we are vey close, I am on day 9 of my gonal f stimming, got a scan on monday and I'm hoping they will have grown a lot, she said I will probalby see a big difference so my fx. I'm not sure if its just because of the internal scan probe rummaging around in there but yesterday and today i have had a heavy feeling in my stomach and mild like af type crampy pain... hoping thats a good sign... also headache today and a little emotional. I know what you mean about scaring yourself by comparing to others... you look on her for reassurance and then end up scaring yourself because they are the same.. but also it does make you feel better.

Mrs Max... Hi there, thought this looked like a good thread and you are just behind me. x

For your list (i'm really excited, I have never been included in a list before)LOL

IVF #1 stimming day 9 approx EC 4/5th April.

fx for everyone.
xx

Hi everyone, can I join

Im in the middle of stimming, went for scan yesterday and have 4 follicles at 10mm and another 5 smaller ones, im praying they grow over weekend, go back monday for another scan. X

A bit about me
Me 32 dh 31
ttc 7 years
Ds from previous relationship aged 8
unexplained but low amh 5, dh gold star.

Nice to have some cycle buddies

Hi Wishingalways :hi: welcome to the thread! What drugs are you using for your protocol? Sounds like you have some good follicles growing in there :thumbup:

Hi there, okay if I join too? I'm just starting my first ICSI (NHS) after 2 failed IUI's last summer.

Currently downregulating on Prostap - due for my first scan to check the lining on the 4th of April then hopefully starting upregulator (Gonal F)then... on the cards for retrieval week of the 16th of April.

Pretty stressed out but trying to stay calm!!

Hi lochbride - I remember you from the summer IUI threads last year! Sucks that we are both here in an IVF thread but THIS WILL WORK! This is going to be a LUCKY thread with LOTS of BFPs!!!

Ratmagirl ICSI #1 downregging, stimming 10 April, approx ER/ET 23 April
MrsMax IVF 1 downregging, stimming 5 April, approx ER 17th April (low AMH)

Everyone else please and I will keep pasting until we have a complete list :) Can then add our results (lots of lovely BFPs) to when we get to that stage :)

OK I think this is a pretty comprehensive list ....

Ratmagirl - ICSI #1 downregging, stimming 10 April, approx ER/ET 23 April
MrsMax - IVF 1 downregging, stimming 5 April, approx ER 17th April (low AMH)
Katrus - IVF/ICSI #1, stimming, approx ER April 5th
Wishingalways - IVF #1 stimming day 9 approx EC 4/5th April
Springy - IVF w/ ICSI #1 Unexplained Infertility - Stimming April 7th, Approx ER April 18, Approx ET April 23
Reb - IVF or ICSI no. 2, stimming; EC approx April 12th
Rozzi - IVF w/ ICSI #2

Thanks for the welcome springy.. List looks good and what a great time of year to get some BFP's stay positive everyone.

I am on 225 gonal f.
xx

Brilliant - its nice to have a list (from a self-confessed list freak)!! LOL

Let's hope and pray they will ALL say BFP in a month or so!!!!

I think af is on the horrizan for me and am feeling like I could cry today at anything soppy on TV! Also - I don't know if its the meds, but I seem to be bruising really easily. Strange!

Hope everyones doing good xxxxxx

Love the list Springy!!!! :dust: for lots of BFPs on there VERY soon.

Had an emotional breakdown last night - but feel better again today. I am just scared the stimming drugs wont work. PMA though - PMA, PMA.

Happy Sunday everyone - cant wait for the 4 day bank holiday next weekend :bunny: :munch:

Love the list Springy!!!! :dust: for lots of BFPs on there VERY soon.

Had an emotional breakdown last night - but feel better again today. I am just scared the stimming drugs wont work. PMA though - PMA, PMA.

Happy Sunday everyone - cant wait for the 4 day bank holiday next weekend :bunny: :munch:

Mrsmax - I had that breakdownon thursday evening. I'm told by ladies who have all gone through IVF that it's totally normal!!!! And yes PMA only - this will work, this will work ....

We have a short work week this week too as we get old Friday off :) I am thinking of taking Thursday too .... Just to give myself another day to relax before this insanity if early owning clinic visits nddaily injections starts!!!

Whoohoo for a short working week!!

Katrus how did you get on today?

Girls - I'm really worried I've messed things up. I took Norethisterone when I started downregging to bring on AF as I've not had one since the start of Feb. The instructions written by my consultant wasn't very clear on how many a day to take, so I rang and spoke to the nurse and she said 3 tablets a day for 5 days and I should get AF 2-3 days after I stop taking them. Its now 5 days since and nothing!! And now I'm worried it will delay things if I don't come on - my baseline scan is next Tuesday. Do you need to have had AF over and done with by then?

This morning I read the leaflet with the tablets and they say the same as what the nurse said, and then I re-read consultants notes and it says to take them for 7 days - I only took for 5!!!

I'm going to ring them first thing tomorrow :(

So, went back today for another u/s and b/w. Here are the results:
CD9, Stimming day 8, Injections done -7
Right ovary: 16.3, 13.8, 10.3, 8.3
Left ovary: 15.2, 13.6, 10.6, 8.2, 7.5
Total - 9 follies
E2 = 716
Endometrium = 12.8mm

All is not bad. Definitely going for IVF, the scare of IUI is behind, thank god. Going back tomorrow, and every day thereafter. The retrieval date is still Thursday. Hope my little follies will pick up by than.

Ratma, I think it's ok, my af came after 5 days, and they started stims as soon as it shed a little, on CD2.

Thanks Kat - all sounds good from your results, and I'm so soo glad you don't have to go down IUI route. Did you have to take something to bring on AF then? I don't start stimming for another 10 days so there's still time. Wow can't believe you are so close to ER!!!! How are you feeling?

Can someone explain what makes you have to switch to IUI and if the sperms are the main factor would they still do this?

Hope everyones doing good xxx

Hello all, and welcome to the newbies!
Katrus - that sounds great. Really good size follies.
Ratma - don't worry, I'm sure 2 days won't make a difference xxx Let us know what they say tomorrow.
AFM - I've got folliculitis again (hair follicles on my legs get infected, I was on antibiotics for a couple of weeks and now it's come back.) Worried in case it affects the IVF, or that I can't be treated for it whilst IVFing or preggers... will ask hospital on Tuesday.

Ratma, usually they convert to iui if there is only a couple of eggs maturing. However, for your first cycle, you can insist to proceed even if you only have one egg. After first cycle, they need at least 3 follies to be over 15mm, otherwise they convert to iui. About male factor, we have that too but I think they would still convert unless it's your first ivf cycle. That's what made me upset for a couple of days, because iui wouldn't help me much.

Okay thanks for the explanation Katus x

Oh Reb - sorry about the inefection, best to check but hopefully it won't affect your progress.

I've had some spotting but not much else - I shall phone the nurse when I get home and see what they say. I've spoken to another girl I know (who's now pg with twins from IVF) and she didn't have AF before she started each cycle so hopefully either AF will show her ugly mug or the sniffers will have thinned out my lining. Xxx

Ratma - my AF was 4 days late down regging. You have loads of time before scan. My clinc said as long as had started before my baseline scan there would eb no problems or delay.

Katrus, thats great news that you can go forward for IVF, Im still in the panicking a little stage.

I had my second scan today and the follicles have grown a little more bit still need some more growth so back on wednesday again to check. I have 2 follicles 15mm, 2 follicles 13mm, 1 follicle 12mm - hoping all these get to the mature stage of over 18mm before friday's egg collection. I have another 4 measuring 10mm but dont think they will be mature enough for a good egg but time will tell. Was a bit disappointed when I had the scan was so hoping they had grown more but slow and steady wins the race as they say.

Wishing, your results are not bad at all, as I also have only 6 follies above 10 (as of yesterday). I am still waiting for my results from today's u/s and labs. I am very concerned about my lining wich was at 14mm today already. I heard its bad if it goes beyond 15, and I have a history of it thickening all the way to 19mm... Well, I guess we will see.

Wishing, your results are not bad at all, as I also have only 6 follies above 10 (as of yesterday). I am still waiting for my results from today's u/s and labs. I am very concerned about my lining wich was at 14mm today already. I heard its bad if it goes beyond 15, and I have a history of it thickening all the way to 19mm... Well, I guess we will see.

Have they talked to you about doing the egg retrieval and then doing an FET next month with a better lining thickness?

Hang in there!!

Katrus - are you taking Luveris too or just the follistim?

Nope, just Follistim, no Luveris. And, no, they don't seem to worry about the lining. The Retrieval is still set for this Thursday. I am sure the lining will grow beyond 15mm by than :( I am not sure though even if they did FET next cycle that my lining would be thinner. It has always been on a thicker side :(

It may be natural for panic to set in just about this time, but I can't help it. First I worried just about the follies, and now it's the lining. And I hate that I have to wait til like 3pm to get the results.

Katrus, please don't worry - it doesn't help anything! Just tell yourself that what will be will be and there's nothing you can do but try to keep calm and carry on as they say!!!
x
Wishing - here's hoping your follies grow steadily - quality not quantity x

So, girls, here are my results from today's u/s and b/w:

CD10, day 9 of stimming, done 8 injections
Right ovary: 16.5, 16.5, 11.5, 9
Left Ovary: 20, 17.5, 16.5, 11
Alltogether - 8 follies
Е2 = 804
Lining = 14mm
The date of retrieval is now uncertain. Thursday or Friday.

The lining is getting too thick, the max is 15mm. The follie count went down from 9 to 8, and I doubt that 9mm follie will mature in just a couple of days. Plus, the E2 level should be around 1100 right now, so i am really behind the needed level... I am so scared of what will happen. All my PMA is now gone, and I feel very stressed. Don't know what to do to fix it. really, I can't fix it, I know, it's just gonna have to be as it will be, but it's so hard to just sit and wait...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->