Looking for a buddy/friend?!

I did some research last night!! i found so many ideas but I also found something helpful for me I always knew I had an iron deficiency i think thats what its called I was told by doctors since I was younger I had no idea it could be a reason that I haven't conceived sooner so I'm going to try a multivitamin that I read about Geritol Complete I read some great things about it it has folic acid along with other ones a lot of people swear by it. It has iron that I need in it is my main reason. My DH said he knew about the iron deficinecy thats why he's been trying to get me to take it but didn't want to out right say it I was like, "WHAT?!?" but i guess its my fault my mom had tried to get me to take iron all my life and I did try I would just forget it so much I would stop!

Hope everyone is doing well!!! Just taking it day by day now. Kind of waiting for O to come kind of not, DH and I had a heart felt talk to talk about the what ifs and such. I kind of feel like taking a back burner to ttc but we're going to try a change in our bd'n habits... I know we haven't been trying for as long as some people its just so much!! And everyone is having kids and I'm happy for them all its just so conflicting emotions seeing it all. We talked about kids even before we moved in with each other something we both wanted. Its just seems slightly out of reach and Ii keep thinking about it and maybe its my feelings and emotions causing it not to happen. I can't just picture myself pregnant I can't vision it or anything. I wonder if everyone is like that and can't see it until it happens

ahh just needed to vent

happy note-

My bff and my cousin her husband just had a healthy baby boy weds! Hes a cutie! big boy 10lbs and 4oz!!! Kind of sad I couldn't be there for them and I missed her whole pregnancy when her and I was so close last year. I feel like shes moving on with her life and now she is a mom we kind of have nothing in common anymore all she is going to talk about is being mom and her baby. and I got my pets lol I love her to death i just don't know if my emotions could take the "You wont understand till it happens to you how much joy and love you can have for something so small" etc etc etc....

Does that make me a bad person and friend?

Everyone needs a vent day - let it out! I totally understand what you're saying about it being hard to picture, pg or not. I'm the same way, and kind of scared about it. Like, I think I'll be a nervous pregnant woman, and I already know my DH is going to treat me like glass, which is sweet, but will make for a boring nine months. Or, if we aren't able to get pg, I don't know what I'll do with my life and that is even scarier. Emotions are hard, and I'm just trying to keep busy and distracted.

Unfortunately, busy today made for a long crappy day. DH and I were both having one of those days where you're just cranky, added with the heat and other problems....just a long day. Plus, I accidentally stopped a door with my little toe, which scraped a chunk off! I thought I might need stitches. I didn't, but it's still not going to feel good in the salt water next week on vacation (2 days!!).

Congratulations on your cousins baby! Everyone seems to be having one lately and it's getting harder to be happy for them. Our day will come soon, I promise!

Lol Have fun on vacation where you going?? and ouchies on the little toe!! I hate when that happens and yeah it does seem to be harder with everyone popping up pregnant or having babies lately!!!

Yeah DH and I talked about it what happens when I get pregnant lol He is gonna be a pain in my butt!!! but i'll love him even more for it lol

We are going to Disney World and then a Disney Cruise! I grew up a Disney kid, and never really grew out of it! DH is a big fan too so we're really excited!

I know it's going to be really hard to adjust to being pg. I'm unemployed currently, and I try to do so much for my DH to make up for it. We're superintendents for a couple buildings, which means we take care of maintenance, cleaning and trash in exchange for free apt and utilities. DH has said that as soon as I get a BFP, I can't do any of it anymore. Plus, we'll need to move bc our apt has a ladder that goes up to a loft bed, which will be no good with a big pg belly!

I hope that you are all okay! Ive had a very stressful few days! Drs did not go overly well! Im so confused and worried! Everythings so scary and getting on top of me! Loads of personal problems! I think im feeling and understanding what you have all mentioned so we arent alone! Take care! x

I hope that you are all okay! Ive had a very stressful few days! Drs did not go overly well! Im so confused and worried! Everythings so scary and getting on top of me! Loads of personal problems! I think im feeling and understanding what you have all mentioned so we arent alone! Take care! x

I'm sorry your Dr's appt didn't go well, anything you want to discuss about it?

You know, before coming on this website I never realized how many people have issues getting pg. I mean, I never thought I was alone in the matter, but the shear number of people is astounding. Sometimes I go to the BFP Announcement section just to remind me there is hope. It makes me feel a lot better seeing people who've been trying for a year or more finally get their BFP.

I'm sorry it didn't go over well :hugs:

Take some time and try to de-stress and relax. And if you have any questions about anything this site is so helpful for everyone no matter the problem!! It's like someone has been there before or is there still.

Hope all gets better xx

We are going to Disney World and then a Disney Cruise! I grew up a Disney kid, and never really grew out of it! DH is a big fan too so we're really excited!

I know it's going to be really hard to adjust to being pg. I'm unemployed currently, and I try to do so much for my DH to make up for it. We're superintendents for a couple buildings, which means we take care of maintenance, cleaning and trash in exchange for free apt and utilities. DH has said that as soon as I get a BFP, I can't do any of it anymore. Plus, we'll need to move bc our apt has a ladder that goes up to a loft bed, which will be no good with a big pg belly!

Oh wow!! thats pretty cool, I've been almost to all of them but Disney lol i grew up in florida so it was kind of a given to visit those. I don't work, I haven't come to an understanding of what a good limit is for me before I push myself too far (i have bipolar and anxiety disorder) so DH is content with me just staying away from the emotional stress for now... Yeah that ladder would be a major no no!

Thank you! Well I am going to go and see a dietician and get blood tests taken?! But as far as trying for a baby is concerned I was just told that I would have to try for a year before they may look into infertility with coming off the pill?! So im no clearer? My period started today as well so I know that im not pregnant yet either? Im so confused what to do now? I just want to make sure that im okay and ovulating so theres nothing stopping me? How are you all doing? x

That sucks!! They should check you anyways just because you want to be checked just to make sure you're not spending money or heartache for a year just to be sure! Have you tried an OPK? and I'm good!! Taking vitamins this month to help with my iron levels and then DH looked into some native american herbs that might help!

It's so frustrating to have to wait a year. Though, I know that when coming off of bc it can take up to 6 months or more for your body to resume a regular cycle, so it's hard for doctors to determine what is 'normal' or not until then. My DH and I knew we were going to have problems so we started ttc last year, knowing that it was unlikely but that we needed to be ttc for a while before dr's would want to help. But you should def keep trying to see what you can find out. Maybe you should see another doctor who may be willing to help sooner.

I'm going to bed soon and the airport in a few hours, and then I'll be gone for the week. I'll be back on Monday. I hope you guys have a good week!

Thank you! I hope you all have a good week too! I know its hard waiting when you just dont know?! I might see how I am and then try again?! I dont know where to start with OPK? x

Hope you have a good vacation!!!

And Faith, it depends on how long your cycles are you can get some internet cheapies and try those do it for a month long start a few days after your period has ended or buy one from the store which ever is best

Well this cycle has been 21 days? Im not sure if im ovulating at all tho or whether we have missed it etc? The packs ive seen only have a few in? Do you need to do them every day? How are you getting on? Ive also tried doing the ovulation predictor things but I dunno how right they are or if I have the right info for them yet? Argh I hate not knowing if what im even doing is right? x

Well the average cycle is 28 days with OV happening around the 14 day thats what the book says give or take a few days, but with shorter cycles its different and OV can vary it seems you got that OPK pack for the weekly one. Ovulate about a week and few days after my cycle I'm guessing and the time I did use the OPK it did help me confirm that you can try an online ovulation calculator to and then start testing a few days before and then keep testing. Thats why I would try the month long packs most drug stores and major chains sell them. I don't know much but I hope that helps if not ask in the ttc main forum and there is so much in there that will help there is always someone in there with amazing knowledge to be share.

Its harder to predict when you're going to OV when the cycle varies

sorry if I confused you anymore lol
I think thats why alot of people try and BD every other day so they don't really miss an open window!!

I'm doing good just trying to stay positive this cycle lol keeping my journal updated on here also lol taking my vitamins which i almost forget everyday been reading to stay relaxed more too...My DH got me a kindle a few months ago and it is really relaxing!!!

but sorry for the long post lol try the forum and they have a bunch of threads already about OPKs but if none of them answer your question start a new thread the ladies on here are so helpful with good information!!!

goodluck fxd

No thank you for your help! Ive read loads of stuff but its all so confusing? Everyones bodies are so different its hard to know what your owns doing? I think I might see how things go and then if nothing happens Ill try testing maybe? I want to know if I am ovulating but at the same time im worried in case I cant tell or it shows im not or that we do try at the right time and nothing still happens? Its just amazing how people fall pregnant when they least expect and you spend ages preventing it then when you do wnat it to happen its so hard and scary! Fingers crossed for you too! What vitamins are you taking? Im trying to take my folic acid but missed a few days here n there but nothings happened yet n I started taking it before I stopped my pill even! Im not sure what else to do? I dont want to put pressure on it because its stressful enough and I think stress wont help?! x

Yeah it is all confusing thats why try the month long OPK and test starting right after your period or a few days after and do it every day and just see what happens?
I know!! I was thinking that last night I was thinking all my life my momma told me not to have sex cause you could get pregnant and its like wow it isn't that easy but other people who don't want a child just end up falling pregnant. And stress isn't good in any case at all and I'm a major stresser that leads to emotional problems for me so I always try to not be stressed out but its hard.

I take a complete multivitamin and an iron supplement, because I know my iron levels aren't the best they could be always had problems with them and my immune system is kind of icky too and with winter coming up im just trying to not get sick more so. I had back to back flu last year during the winter time was sick for almost a month and half lol

I'm not going to try and put too much pressure on it next year in the spring will be a little over a year of trying for us. thats when we will look into more detailed options and go to the doctors. it took my best friend who just had a baby a year to get pregnant and my cousin wasn't suppose to be able to have kids because of an accident and he was fine with that cause he had 3 already but she wanted a child with him and she didn't think she could cause her cycles vary but after a year they had a child just with she gave up hope and it seemed like everything was falling apart bam!! now they have a chubby little boy who will be a week old weds lol

I know what you mean about the stress! I always stress!
Aww bless congratulations to them!
I know its funny how things work out isnt it?
Thank you for your help!
Im so stressed at the moment!
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back