• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

looking for a buddy

You're lucky! I haven't left the country before lol.
Feeling really poorly today! Woke up in the night and my throat was on fire... I've been sneezing more the last few days but I guess a cold and sore throat is going to hit in full force in a couple of days :(
What sore throat things can we take?? X

Oh poor u saraaa! Basically very little. I lost my voice last week and have suffered with a killer sore throat and cough. Went to two different chemists and asked what I could take. First said gargle salt water and take paracetamol, the other said glycerin but couldn't find a suitable cough medicine with it in whilst pregnant or Lockets throat sweets. They are the only ones that state ok while pregnant. If it gets worse see ur doc cos there might be something they can give. Wish I'd have gone now cos I've had it about 10 days and still croaky voice 😞

Aww Jamie, sorry ur still feeling sick. I'm feeling ok now most of the time.

Yey Lauren, how exciting. Very jealous, it will be a fab holiday.

I'm gonna get gender scan when I'm 18 wks cos it will still be another 3 weeks till my nhs scan. Will book it after Xmas. I'm thinking girl again haha x x

Have u had your 'proper' 12 wk scan yet Lauren? X

So we can't have soothers?? They're my favourite :( lol. Can't gargle with salt water it makes me gag lol even pre pregnancy when I've had tonsillitis.
I'll go if it gets worse, or ask my midwife :)
Is everyone having a 16 week midwife appt? I've got a consultant appointment come through the post for the 7th jan (day after my bday :)) when I'll be 17+3 the midwife said on my booking in if the appointments are in the same couple of weeks then to see him first, how do I get my midwifes appt? Does it come through the post too? Or do I have to phone her? She never said... :/ xx

Also got my downs testing results and I've got a 1 in 10,000 chance of baby having downs, woohoo!!

The chemist said soothers don't specify so shouldn't have them, at that point I'd already had a packet :wacko:

My midwife told me to make an appt for 16 wks at reception of my doctors on my last appt so that's what I did. My MW works from my docs so not sure how urs works. I would give her a ring and ask what to do :D

I just got mine now for downs. For my age my chances were 1 in 329 which is why I took the screening. Mine had come through as 1 in 100,000!!!! I'm not sure if they've added an extra nought by mistake cos it seems very low but I'm happy :D x

My next appointment is Wednesday but it will be very basic. I think they will take blood pressure, i'll pee in a cup and listen to the heartbeat. I'm hoping i'll get to schedule my 20 week ultrasound because that's our gender screen. How did they do everyone's test for downs? I'm not sure if we get those tests or not until the 20 week ultrasound. My friend said at the 20 week ultrasound they measure the baby's limbs and if they are too short or something then they can almost diagnose the baby with downs. There's a big genetic test here that's optional and not covered by insurance. I don't think i plan on doing it because if something was wrong i couldn't terminate the pregnancy and it'd just make me worry that much more.

I'm finally starting to eat real meals every now and then and have gained a whole pound officially!

Yeah I had my official scan on Thursday, all is fine with baby and got pushed forward a day so I'm due 18th June, we declined the Down's syndrome screening and my next mw appt for 16 weeks is Christmas Eve I'm very excited cos we will hear baby's heart beat for the first time and my 20 week scan is 31st jan (would of been the week after but I'll be away)

Well I'm definately feeling less sicky! Thankfully as we've gone crazy at work so don't think I'd cope if I was still so ill lol why does everyone want their hair doing at Xmas :( lol

Sorry to hear you are both full of cold/flu I had a bad throat couple of weeks ago and had lockets and they took the edge off

When's everyone else's next NHS scan?

Linny I'm also thinking girl for me now aswell xx

Glad ur managing meals now Jamie.

Here the downs testing is three factors, your age, a blood test and at your dating scan between 11-13 weeks they measure the fluid on the back of the baby's neck. They look at it all (the blood test I assume takes in genetics etc) and they give u a risk assessment. I came back low risk but that's not to say I definitely wouldn't have a downs baby but it would be really unlikely x

I've just bean sucking soft mints lol sore throat seems to be easing off just getting abit of a tickley throat at bed time, which means drinking more which means more night time bathroom trips lol!! It's a vicious circle haha. My next scan is 27th jan :D it didn't seem that far away at my 12 week scan because it was just the next month but now it seems further than it did to begin with lol.
I thought from the beginning mine was going to be a girl but now I'm thinking boy because my scan look exactly like my friends boy, the belly especially which is apparently a sign of a boy if the baby's stomach looks pregnant :/ I had a bit of a sad moment last night worrying if it is a boy and I have all boys... I want a girl, I wouldn't mind a boy now if I knew I would have a girl at some point, my pregnant friend is the opposite she desperately wants a boy and even cried the other day at the thought of it being a girl :( xx

had another appointment yesterday and all is well. Dr said he thinks we have a boy because the heartbeat is only 142 and low heartbeat generally means a boy he said. We'll see! I'm debating getting an early gender screen because he told me he won't schedule another ultrasound until 22-24 weeks :(. I got a flu shot yesterday and i've never had one before. I can say i won't ever do that again! My whole arm hurts!

Saraa how's your cold? How's everyone else doing?

Hello ladies :) hope you all had a good Xmas! We've booked an early gender scan for next Saturday 11:30! When I'm 17 weeks, I'm excited and scared at the same time lol. Hope you're all well!! Xx

Hello saraaa yeah we had a lovely Xmas did u? Oo very exciting I bet u can't wait! Xx

Yeah we did too, oh did all the cooking! Lol! I'm so excited :) and I get the 4d scan for about £35 when im 28+ weeks because I'm having this scan with them :D xx

glad everyone had a good Christmas! Ours was nice and hectic at the same time.

We booked an early gender screen too! I just can't wait any longer, haha. Our appointment is this Saturday at 10:00 :) I'll be 16+5. i hope it goes well! Has anyone started feeling movement? I think i finally did yesterday but haven't felt anything else today. I really only feel things when i lay down.

Have to take our poor pup to the vet today. I noticed he has a big gross lump on his neck. I'm hoping it's just a scratch or something that got infected and they can treat it with antibiotics or something.

I could have had mine 9:30, 10:30 or 11:30 but I wanted a lay in haha I'm excited. Erm when I was sitting the other day it felt like worms wriggling under my skin lol could only feel it on the inside, and when I was stretching up at work the other day I think I felt something too because I was at a funny angle.
Starting to notice my belly more now when I bend around, also my boobs decided it would be a good time to start leaking too! Woke up from a nap on the sofa the other night to oh asking me what the wet patch on my pj vest was... I thought one of the dogs had dribbled on me but it was my nipple leaking lol! Xx

Lol yeah I'm feeling movements :) can't feel it from the outside yet but I didn't feel a thing with Alisha until 22 weeks as I had anterior placenta, it's a strange but nice feeling and I'm HUGE! Lol well I'm not but I'm usually size 8 and gone to a 10 with a noticeable bump I'm glad cos I didn't show at all until 7month with Alisha, had a good few comments over Xmas from people about how big I am lol

Aw I'm very jealous of your early gender scans my oh said I'm not allowed one :( they r nearly £200 where we live so I can understand why and my nhs scan is for31st jan anyway so not too long to wait I suppose lol

Anyone got any new year plans? We haven't, Alisha is off to a party with Nanna and grandad and we are staying in! The joys of being pregnant over Xmas and new year lol xx

I'm jealous of you feeling all the movements! i feel something like every other day but nothing too noticeable that i'm certain there's a baby in there! Our early screens are kind of expensive here too but we got some extra Christmas cash and decided we couldn't wait any longer. Plus we have to fully stock a nursery from square one since this is our first so i figured the earlier we knew the more we could keep an eye out for deals.

I've still been struggling with getting sick too :/ I'm trying to eat when i can but i'm not gaining any weight, although my belly is getting bigger. I've kind of come to terms that i'm always going to be sick throughout the whole pregnancy.

We're supposed to be driving about an hour to hang out with some friends but they're calling for a snow storm later tonight so we may be calling it an early night and coming home. Hope everyone has a happy and safe new year!

Ah Lauren you should come to where I live it's £55 for a scan! Mines with some place called a4dbaby if you put it into google there might be somewhere near you.
Went to the doctors today because I thought I had a water infection or something, I am constantly feeling the need to pee but when I go hardly anything comes out and when I do go properly I get bad crampy pains shoot up my stomach, they tested my urine and said no infection found :/ so they're sending it off to the hospital to see what they say, she's given me amoxicillin to take to see if it clears it up, but I don't really want to take them yet without knowing what's wrong... She thinks it's maybe cystitis but I have no burning when I pee :/ xx

Hello ladies!

Glad u all had a good chrimbo. Mine was just ok. Will be glad to have my next Christmas at home cos it just wasn't the same. I'm tiny. Still in my normal jeans mostly. Would never know I was pregnant and I don't feel it either. No movement yet. Same as u Lauren with anterior placenta last time around so in thinking it might be same again.

I've been feeling really strange. Just not as excited as I was anymore. Maybe cos I don't feel it or cos I've now left my work and feeling pretty sad about it. Booking a private scan for 18th jan. Hoping this will make me feel a bit better and make it more real.

So sorry ur not feeling 100% Saraaa. I used to feel the need to pee when I was bigger with Maisy. I'd go and a dribble would come out. If it's not an infection it could just be position of baby. If ur reluctant to take antibiotics drink plenty of fluids. If u can stomach it cranberry is great too x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->