Looking for Mommy's due end of Feb. 2013!

Happy 8 weeks lch!

Nausea will come and go.. my nausea isn't bad AT ALL and it scares me too honestly.. but that's exactly how it was with Grant-- so I keep telling myself that. I remember going in for an u/s at 7 1/2 weeks with him and I felt FINE and I was sure I was going to walk in and get bad news- but everything obviously was great!

Hang in there! :flower:

thanks hun that is reassuring.. i guess i am just worried cause i was awfully sick with Sophia.. up until 13 weeks. i actually lost 6 pounds. My mom told me the only pregnancy she was ever sick with was me. I am the only girl, i have 2 older brothers. She said that you get less nausea with boys and more with girls. Not sure if that is true but maybe im having a baby boy!!

Not true for all women about boys/girls- I was sooooooooooooooooooo ill with my first son- deathly ill- I think I gained 10 pounds the whole pregnancy- the nausea was relentless until I was almost SIX months preggo! :dohh: With my last little man- I threw up some and felt queazy pretty badly at times-- but it wasn't as bad as my first one was. This time around.. I feel even LESS queazy!!! So I don't know!!!

have you thrown up yet? i threw up at least twice a day... i just don't know whats going on =[ and im getting really upset i almost called my dr to beg for a u/s today because i have no symptoms but i resisted..

No.. I honestly haven't... I have this dull "blah" feeling that comes and goes and I feel pretty ok overall honestly--- I have thought the same thing about calling and trying to get an u/s... I HATE having to wait forever to be seen again. I got weekly u/s with Grant the first 2 months- so this is a DRASTIC change for me. It's hard not to worry! But - honestly- what I keep telling myself is that I'm not having sharp cramping pains and I'm not bleeding AND I saw the HB so the odds really are in *our* favor! :thumbup:

Read this tonight:

Question: What Are the Odds of Miscarriage After Seeing a Fetal Heartbeat on an Ultrasound

Seeing the baby's heartbeat on an ultrasound is a good sign and does put a pregnancy into a lower risk category for miscarriage.
Answer:

Doctors generally agree that the risk of miscarriage decreases once the pregnancy reaches a point that an ultrasound can detect a heartbeat. The exact amount that it decreases, however, seems to vary by group.

It's hard to say any exact numbers from the available research, but here are some statistics that certain studies have come up with.

For women with no vaginal bleeding, most estimates suggest that the odds or having a miscarriage after seeing a heartbeat are about 4%.

https://miscarriage.about.com/od/pregnancyafterloss/f/oddsheartbeat.htm

awww thanks hun.. that makes me feel better. i really wanna call on monday and ask for a u/s.. but i don't think they will do one just because i don't have any symptoms :cry:

I think along the exact same lines as you do.. I understand :hugs:

I plan on trying my doppler here in a few days :thumbup:

I have not vomited yet. Prayimg this is one pregnancy that I dont though.

well i guess i got my wish cause have been feeling nausea all day... someone on here found a place that does private scans right near me so we are thinking of it

ooooh I would totally get a private scan!!!!

i really want too but when?? should i get it this coming week? or wait 2 weeks and 5 days for my appointment with doppler and get it around 15/16 weeks??

I would do both! Most private places give you discounts on subsequent u/s... I would do one now and then a gender scan at 15/16 weeks :thumbup:

I know a few private places here- but I don't know if they do them this early in the pregnancy ... I'm going to call Monday and ask!

i am also not sure if this place does it so early but ill check.. its 150 and my fiancee may not want us to get 2 lol..

bah... tell him not to be a Scrooge :rofl: My DH didn't want me to get a doppler- but I was like "I *AM* getting one- PERIOD!" and he was actually glad I got one too after we had some scares .. .like I had spotting at 15 weeks and we were out of town- I had brought the doppler with me and he ended up being thankful. Same with the u/s- I had 3 elective u/s with Grant.. one at 15 weeks, one at 23 I think and another at 28 or 29. The last 2 were 3d/4d.

Honestly- your chances of mc drop SIGNIFICANTLY after 8 weeks if the HB is good and strong-- even my fertility doctor said 95% of mc happen by the 8th week- which I am almost there- and bc I know I probably won't get an u/s until 12-13 weeks.. I'm realllllly considering an early private one if they will do it! Once I get out of the first tri- I will feel A LOT better!

hahahaha he is such a nut about money sometimes. i think its cause growing up his family was very unfortunate and he is still in the mindset of only spending on the neccesities even though we have more then enough money. hey i grew up on a poor side of town too but he is just nuts with it lol!!!

that makes sense.. same with my hubby and I.. but this was like bread and milk- a requirement! :rofl:

So when is your A&P class done!??! I have less than a month to go - August 5th-- can't come soon enough!

august 18th ... i had my first test on wednesday and it was really hard and im scared i failed.. i knew all the questions. and then came the diagram of the heart. it was so much more complex then the diagram she gave us and taught us from. half the time i was like what the hell is that even pointing too =[ ?!?!?

I feel totally icky today :( Been laying in bed all day

I feel totally icky today :( Been laying in bed all day

awww is it morning sickness or something else!?!??

it's crazy- in some ways I WISH I felt worse as more of a reassurance! but then with having a 6 month old and working and school- I'm trying to be thankful and just praying all is ok!

Hope you feel better :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->