Looking for Mommy's due end of Feb. 2013!

Can I please join? I think I am due in Feb 2013 as well. I got a BFP on the 21st :) I don't know how far along I am. I had a 2nd trimester miscarriage in January, so I am praying this is a sticky bean! My cycles were off since my m/c, bled twice in May... so I have no idea when my last true LMP was. However, I go to my first OB appointment on July 3rd.

Thanks! :)

lol i am thinking of getting one!

Well, I Know like you said it can cause worry when you can't find it... but if you know going in that you may not find it-- it's really not that worrisome. I can honestly say it calmed me down MANY times and saved me from going in to my doc MANY times.. best $100 I ever spent! :thumbup:

Can I please join? I think I am due in Feb 2013 as well. I got a BFP on the 21st :) I don't know how far along I am. I had a 2nd trimester miscarriage in January, so I am praying this is a sticky bean! My cycles were off since my m/c, bled twice in May... so I have no idea when my last true LMP was. However, I go to my first OB appointment on July 3rd.

Thanks! :)

:hi: Of course! Welcome! :) Congrats on your bfp!!!

I'm so sorry for your loss :nope: I know a mc is the absolute worst thing a person can go through and I know it's forever changed me and how I am being pregnant. Makes me nervous!!!

Will you get an u/s on July 3rd when you go in!??!!

SLCMommy welcome hun i also had a 2nd trimester loss in february at 23 weeks i went into early labor. can i ask what happened ?? congrats on your bfp

hollyw79 were you always able to find the hb??

not at first...it was VERY hard at first.. but once you find it.. your LO typically hangs out in the same area and isn't as hard. It's cool to see how you progressively find it higher and higher in your belly :)

this is the one I bought:

https://www.healthchecksystems.com/checkout/cart.cfm?add_product_id=853,816

yes i know what you mean Sophia was always on the right side for me.. i think one time she was on the left. once a nurse couldn't find it and she wasn't doing it right and i got so freaked out i grabbed the doppler from her and found it in 2 seconds . my fiancee was so embarassed lol i was like OH MY GOD GIVE ME THAT!! i was in a bad state though, we were at the er due to my gallstones and i was in awful pain, then she is over here trying to find the baby basically above my belly button!! that looks like a really good one, plus it has the heart rate moniter , i am really curious to see how many bpm it is, my docs u/s doesn't tell you.. and its usually a good hint for the gender!! do you know your bpm?

SLCMommy welcome hun i also had a 2nd trimester loss in february at 23 weeks i went into early labor. can i ask what happened ?? congrats on your bfp

They never really found out :cry: He himself was "perfectly healthy" :cry::cry:
Dr said pathologist said it looked like there may have been a blood clot in the cord. That's the best answer I've gotten :(

yes i know what you mean Sophia was always on the right side for me.. i think one time she was on the left. once a nurse couldn't find it and she wasn't doing it right and i got so freaked out i grabbed the doppler from her and found it in 2 seconds . my fiancee was so embarassed lol i was like OH MY GOD GIVE ME THAT!! i was in a bad state though, we were at the er due to my gallstones and i was in awful pain, then she is over here trying to find the baby basically above my belly button!! that looks like a really good one, plus it has the heart rate moniter , i am really curious to see how many bpm it is, my docs u/s doesn't tell you.. and its usually a good hint for the gender!! do you know your bpm?

Being able to see the bpm on the doppler really helps confirm you are listening to the baby! :thumbup: Unfortunately my ob's u/s machine is old and sucks and couldn't tell me the bpm :nope: I wish I was having an u/s @ 8 weeks... that's the next big hurdle according to my fertility doc that I saw last year!

They never really found out :cry: He himself was "perfectly healthy" :cry::cry:
Dr said pathologist said it looked like there may have been a blood clot in the cord. That's the best answer I've gotten :(

gosh, that has to be sooooo hard hun :nope: I'm sorry you went through that ... so very sad!

I've ran through my mind over and over what could of happened, why it happened, and how it happened but it just drives me crazy. I'm a conservative Christian, so I've just been really hoping the Lord is blessing this new pregnancy right now. :(

I've ran through my mind over and over what could of happened, why it happened, and how it happened but it just drives me crazy. I'm a conservative Christian, so I've just been really hoping the Lord is blessing this new pregnancy right now. :(

I'm the same... and as devastating as my loss was... my baby Grant that was just born in January would never have been here and he is the sweetest thing ever. I try to remember too that even though I may not understand WHY... there is a purpose.

Proverbs 3:5-6

5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;
6 in all your ways submit to him,
and he will make your paths straight.

and Happy 6 weeks hun! :hugs:

It's hard though. You feel almost betrayed, and your left feeling empty and confused.

Btw hollyw, who is the little baby in your picture?

I hope to get an ultrasound on the 3rd. If I don't I'll be a more nervous wreck :)

I understand :( My loss was 1st tri .. and I have no doubts at all that being in 2nd tri makes it 100 times harder :cry:

My avatar is my little man Grant that I conceived 2 months after my MC and just delivered in January :cloud9: love him!

I understand :( My loss was 1st tri .. and I have no doubts at all that being in 2nd tri makes it 100 times harder :cry:

My avatar is my little man Grant that I conceived 2 months after my MC and just delivered in January :cloud9: love him!

Are your pregnant again?

Fertile Mertle!! :haha: ;)

Are your pregnant again?

:wacko: Yup :) What's crazy is that I had to go through fertility treatment to get preggo with the LO that I mc AND Grant... and so my hubby and I decided to "wing it" as we wanted another either before or after I start nursing school.. so I had until Sept. to conceive OR wait 2 years until nursing school is over and BAM- 1st month of sorta trying- preggo!!

So assuming all goes well- my LO's will be 13 months apart :wacko: plus I have my almost 10 year old son :thumbup:

scares me having 2 so close in age but I know it's a blessing in many ways too!

how old are your other kids??

My brother and I are 14 months apart (I'm older) and we get on really well. :) I'd like my kids to be quite close in age too, I think.

Are your pregnant again?

:wacko: Yup :) What's crazy is that I had to go through fertility treatment to get preggo with the LO that I mc AND Grant... and so my hubby and I decided to "wing it" as we wanted another either before or after I start nursing school.. so I had until Sept. to conceive OR wait 2 years until nursing school is over and BAM- 1st month of sorta trying- preggo!!

So assuming all goes well- my LO's will be 13 months apart :wacko: plus I have my almost 10 year old son :thumbup:

scares me having 2 so close in age but I know it's a blessing in many ways too!

how old are your other kids??

WOW! Well hey... if this is a sticky bean, it is a total blessing, huh?! :hugs: :baby: You must be exhausted, though. Being pregnant with a five month old is a lot of work... but kudos to you! :thumbup:

I was getting ready for nursing school as well!! Same thing....We were going to ttc until September and if I didn't get pregnant than I was going to go through with nursing school full time and than just try a year after I had been working (for the maternity leave). But, to my shock... I got a BFP on June 21st! So, plans changed. I decided to not go to nursing school right now in my life. Currently I am a SAHM, (and probably could use extra money if I worked...) but, anyways, I decided I honestly would have to decide either being a full-time mama (not trading time with hubby except for "me" time and no day-care) or being a full-time nursing student. Even if I were to go full-time, nursing is a very serious occupation and deserves to be taken very seriously during school. I really don't want to have to sacrifice time with my baby verses studying for school. So, I decided to put nursing on the back burner. I signed up for Bachelors of Science in Early Childhood Education, which is an all online school and at my own pace so for me, this works REALLY well. Everyone is different, and have a difference situation so I don't judge. Just for me, I'd rather spend these very precious moments near my infant verses in a classroom and although ECE school is taken seriously, it's not as intense as the RN program or it's pre-recs so I won't have to spend 2325954 hours studying for a test. If that makes any sense.

My oldest is a girl, other two are boys. My children are 7, 5 and 3. When baby is born (if it's a sticky bean...which I hope it is) they will be 8, 6 and 4. :hugs:

mrsswaffer- that's awesome!! I LOVE hearing positive stories like that!!! :)

SLC~ I TOTALLY understand where you are coming from and I agree with you.. Sadly.. after my dh got laid off~ I turned into the breadwinner so I'm working full time right now. I just finished maternity leave though. I work for an awesome company & got almost 6 months off. On top of working.. I am taking Anatomy & Physiology 2 which is my LAST pre-req! :happydance: I'm taking it online so I do everything when my kids are in bed which work out great. I can definitely see why you are doing something online--makes a huge difference!

We are actually moving to Georgia next summer so I can go to nursing school there in August 2013. They do things differently than Florida.. here in FL you are required to do all pre-req's like anatomy, microbiology, etc.. BEFORE you can even apply. So one year pre-req's and then the 2nd year is full time nursing. In Georgia- you apply for nursing and then you take pre-req's mixed in with nursing classes over the two year period. SOOO- bc I am done with all the pre-req's-- I will only have the nursing classes left so I will basically only be in school part time which works out great bc I have my children and - hopefully another little one! the downside is that I could technically finish in just one year if I stay here BUT I will have to go full time.. but up there- it will take me an extra year but only bc I am going part time and it just works out better for our family that way and allows me to be home with my children. Another positive is that my in-laws are going to let us live for free in their 2nd home AND my MIL will watch Grant & this next baby the 2-3 days a week that I will be in class so we won't need daycare and they will be with someone I trust. The big thing is I won't be crazy overwhelmed trying to do it all in one year! It does suck that it will take longer- but worth it IMHO! :)

I LOVE the age gap that you will have.. that's how it is with my sisters.. exact same spacing and I LOVED it!

SLCMommy aww honey i know just how you feel.. its terrible to have any loss. I couldn't even believe it when i was in labor at 23 weeks. I knew i was in over my head but had some crazy idea my baby girl would make it, and when the doctors told me that it was not going to happen i just lost it. She passed away in my arms and i honestly locked myself in my apartment for 9 weeks. its really hard and my first stage of grief was disbelief, then anger, then just plain sadness. i am glad we are pregnant with our rainbows

holly my dr's u/s machine is ancient too! it didn't say bpm and i couldn't hear the hb! boo!!!!!!!!! will have to wait till 12 weeks.

To those of you who have had a loss and are now pregnant with a rainbow baby: Are you nervous about losing this one? I am really am, but my feelings are if it happens, it happens. There really isn't anything we can do if we are going to lose our babies :( It's heartbreaking, but as much as we didn't cause it (if we are healthy, not on drugs, etc..) we really even have less control of "saving". I just really want us to hold our babies in the end!

yes hun i am terrified, i have an incompetent cervix so i am very high risk and their is always a chance i will go into labor early again. its very hard

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->