Looking for some buddies - ttc #1

Happy: Welcome! You'll find lots of helpful advice and buddies around here. :)

Amanda: Exciting for the cheapies showing up today! Always fun to have them around.

AFM: Exhausted today. I slept ten hours last night and I feel like I pulled an all nighter. It was really hot yesterday (108) so I'm sure that played into it. Planning to not go outside today for long periods of time.

Had an US today because Dr wanted to check my ovaries before switching me to a high dose of Clomid or switching to injectables. Bad news though, my right ovary has 34 cysts again and my left has one huge simple cyst that he compared to the size of my uterus; he's surprised I'm not in pain. I have to start BC tomorrow and go back in 21 days for another US. I'm basically playing the waiting game until my cyst pops or goes away. I might go hide for a while and just stalk you ladies.
Baby dust for everyone!! :dust:

Really sorry to hear about your bad news, Desire. I hope that the cysts go away quickly for you. :hugs:

Happy: Welcome! You'll find lots of helpful advice and buddies around here. :)

Amanda: Exciting for the cheapies showing up today! Always fun to have them around.

AFM: Exhausted today. I slept ten hours last night and I feel like I pulled an all nighter. It was really hot yesterday (108) so I'm sure that played into it. Planning to not go outside today for long periods of time.

108 is insane! Get some extra rest :sleep:

Desire: sorry to hear that, Sounds like you have a good Dr on your side though

AFM: (I guess that means right now or something?) I just ran to the bathroom to throw up at work bc some girls were talking about green beans. Either I have a stomach bug or I am psyching myself out or this is my month. Considering that we have been trying basically 6 months though I don't want to get my hopes up. :sick:

Do you all think it is worth it to chart temp and use ovulation kits? I usually get pretty strong physical symptoms around ovulation. I have also thought about going to my gyno to make sure I am actually even ovulating...
TTC is new to me and it's so scary to put your all into it. I haven't had a positive since I started but I guess I kinda stay positive by thinking I haven't used all my tools yet. But I think I am ready to take the leap if this isn't the month...

Desire: i am so sorry about your cysts. I totally get (and support) the need to take time away. We'll still be here when yoy get back.

Cheshire: it is hot here, too. Not thay hot, but our humidity is out of control bad. Thank god we at least have a few small ac units.

Happy: i absolutely do think it is worth it. Bbt is the only way (short of doctors tests) that can confirm ovulation and ovulatuon kits give you a better idea of your body leading up to ovulation. That said, i think cheap opks are usully sufficient for most women. I did 2 months with the digital monitors and they gave me nothing but trouble. I get very clear positive opks and i get them 50 for like 10$. The cheapies are also nice because you can test more than once day. Itnhas helped me identify that the first day of ky surge starts of negative but near positive and gradually changes to suoer positive around bedtime. By the next morning, my test line is drker than the control line.

Afm, i am 3 dpo. Got crosshairs this morning! I am actually feeling super good about this cycle regardless of the outcome because i finally figured out why i had so little fertile cm every month. My otc sleeping pills were drying me out. So my body was basically a hostile environment. Ugh, it is a miracle i even caught the egg at all in April.

Desire - So sorry to hear about your cysts. Hopefully they are gone soon and you're at least getting to enjoy NOLA, even if it's for work!

Happy - Definitely! I've been doing BBT and using ovulation kits since last month. I was using the ClearBlue Advanced Digital Monitors (with the flashing and solid smiley faces), but I think they are WAY to stress inducing, not to mention SO expensive. I bought Ovulation kits from Amazon and there were 50 ovulation tests and 20 pregnancy tests (70 total tests) for $20. The CBADM were 2 months supply for $60 at my local drug store. Ridiculous!

Nuthatch - Congrats on getting your crosshairs. That's crazy your sleeping pills were causing that. I had that happen with a migraine pill last month! Now I know if I take one of those I'll have to have something on hand during fertile times!

AFM - FF is predicting my O happened on CD21 (Sunday 6/18). We managed to BD all three days which is a miracle in and of itself since I really goofed up on our timing this month. We were both exhausted and after yesterday I was like, "We can finally rest!" Lol. My parents are coming for lunch today and I tell my Mom everything, she's practically my best friend and it's so very difficult keeping this secret from her.

Happy: "AFM" stands for As For Me. I do think charting and OPKs help, but a doctor can also help you know if you're ovulating. For me, I was on birth control pills for a very long time so I didn't know my cycle and they're helping me relearn my body. OPKs are also cheap online and the BBT thermometer isn't that much money, either.

Nuthatch: Yay for crosshairs! It's also really great that you managed to link the sleeping pill to the CM drying.

Amanda: Hoping you caught that eggy! Rest up and enjoy lunch with your parents.

AFM: Keeping cool and avoiding the heat. Either AF or a positive within the next few days.

Who else is in the TWW at the moment? Do you anything to distract you from symptom spotting? I tend to get busy in my garden to keep my mind off it; it also feels good to nurture growing things. I'm curious about what other people do to avoid the crazies?

Desire2Mom – So sorry to hear about the cysts, I hope they go away soon. We are all here to support you in whatever way you need :hugs:

Amanda – My understanding is that if you are over 30, 6 months is plenty of time to wait before checking things out. Fx that you get a BFP before then and you won’t have to go at all :winkwink:

Cheshire – Your temps look great to me, still up, and fatigue is a good sign! When are you planning on testing?

Happy – Welcome. If you O’d Wednesday that means we O’d the same day. Symptom spotting makes me crazy but it’s like a drug – I can’t stop! Fx that you don’t have a bug and its an early symptom. When are you testing? I highly recommend bbt temping. It always makes me feel better to pinpoint O day and see that post O rise, and helps predict the next cycle. Plus it’s free. I’ve never been able to make heads or tails of cervical position as mine seems to change by the hour. OPKs didn’t work properly for me but apparently that’s a PCOS thing or something. – lots of other people seem to use them successfully.

AFM – TWW at 7DPO and nothing out of the ordinary. I swear I’m going to stay strong and only test if AF doesn’t show on time.

Babydust to all!

Emily: i am 3dpo. I dont tend to symptom spot or go too crazy after all these years because it doesnt change things. I also like the tww better than the waiting to O weeks. I have done all i can and now i just wait and can drink ad much water as i want without diluting my pee too much for my opk...lol But, i do keep busy with cleaning and adventures. Planning a day trip to the beach this week. I also like to spend lots of time talking my potential baby and myself through the next few weeks, visualising what is hopefully happening. Today we talked about cell division... lol i test from 10dpo because it is important for me to be in contact with my medical team as soon as i see the bfp.

Hi ladies, things are moving fast at the moment, so I don't have time for a proper update: just wanted to check in and say good luck to all who are testing soon and welcome to our new group members!!

Im happily not tracking and happily just enjoying life this cycle - all's well on my side :happydance:
Off to Denmark tomorrow (excited to escape the german heat for a bit). Thinking of you all :flower::flower::flower:

Cheshire - Me too! Hope you are still staying cool.

Emily - I'm also in the TWW with you. I like to play games with my DH (video, card, board) and being on here helps me too. Yes, we plan on going back to the Doctor in November if no BFP before then.

Blo - No worries! Enjoy Denmark!

AFM - I've been in bed with a migraine for 2 days now. Hoping today will be the end of it and I can go back to work tomorrow. I finally got my crosshairs & am 3DPO so that made me feel a little better. The cheapies came on Monday & I bought a new BBT thermometer too. Guess we'll see what happens on July 3rd. July 4th (Independence Day) is my absolute favorite holiday (my birthday is July 8 so as a kid I used to think the fireworks were for me :) so it was always my favorite), and a BFP would just absolutely make it that much better!

:dust:

Emily: I'm at the end of my 2ww but I try to keep myself busy in hobbies to pass the time and keep my mind off of symptoms. I'm also very good at writing them off as normal everyday occurrences.

Blo: Have fun on your trip!

Amanda: Feel better! Migraines are the worst and I'm sure the heat isn't helping.

Keeping fingers crossed for everyone!

AFM - Pretty sure I'm out this month. Waiting a few days but pretty sure I'm spotting. Have my appointment with my endo tomorrow so I'm going to talk to him about keeping my TSH steady going forward.

All- thanks for you advice on BBT & testing, I am going to get on Amazon and order a kit if this isn't my month.

Blo- How lucky you are to be travelling in Denmark! You live in Germany? How neat- I live in Ohio in the United States.

Amanda- Migraines are the worst. I agree though that 4th of July is the best holiday. I am expecting AF on the 2nd and my cycles are VERY regular so if I get AF then I will be able to enjoy a drink or two on the 4th!

Emily- Awesome to have a true cycle buddy. And yes symptom spotting is an addiction. I usually have a 26 day cycle- are you the same? I already tested on Wednesday (silly me) total BFN but I think it was way too early. I still feel out

Cheshire-

Nuthatch- What a great idea to visualize your baby :)

AFM- All of my symptoms seemed to go away yesterday and no implantation bleeding so I think I'm "out". I am going to take all the advice and get a basal thermometer and start charting my temps. Also I will get an ovulation test kit. I am still holding out a little hope though and I think I will wait until July 1st and test then (expecting AF on the 2nd). If I get a BFN I will order the kit then.

All- thanks for you advice on BBT & testing, I am going to get on Amazon and order a kit if this isn't my month.

Blo- How lucky you are to be travelling in Denmark! You live in Germany? How neat- I live in Ohio in the United States.

Amanda- Migraines are the worst. I agree though that 4th of July is the best holiday. I am expecting AF on the 2nd and my cycles are VERY regular so if I get AF then I will be able to enjoy a drink or two on the 4th!

Emily- Awesome to have a true cycle buddy. And yes symptom spotting is an addiction. I usually have a 26 day cycle- are you the same? I already tested on Wednesday (silly me) total BFN but I think it was way too early. I still feel out

Cheshire-

Nuthatch- What a great idea to visualize your baby :)

AFM- All of my symptoms seemed to go away yesterday and no implantation bleeding so I think I'm "out". I am going to take all the advice and get a basal thermometer and start charting my temps. Also I will get an ovulation test kit. I am still holding out a little hope though and I think I will wait until July 1st and test then (expecting AF on the 2nd). If I get a BFN I will order the kit then.

OOPS I meant to say Cheshire- when are you testing? And fingers crossed for a BFP!!!

I'm calling it CD 1 today. It's confusing me because I had a procedure done on Wednesday and my doctor said I'd bleed for a few days like I was on my period. I tested on Wednesday and got a negative, tho, and I think my usual spotting before my period is being masked by this other blood.

If I stop bleeding this weekend I'll test again but I'm nearly positive I'm out.

CheshireDucky - Let us know if it was just the procedure or if you're really out for this month. If so, that stinks. :(

happytobettc - Yes, migraines are the worst. If I never get another one it will be too soon. I get at least 1 a month though. Sometimes more. Do you get them often?

AFM - I finally managed to get out of bed today and went back to work. Just in time for a 5 day weekend this week. I'm planning on relaxing and doing some things around the house while DH is at work (painting closets, etc.). Have a great weekend all.

Hi all. Just checking in on everyone!

At the recommendation of a friend, I bought a pineapple today so I could eat the core to see if that would help increase the blood flow. We shall see what happens.

:dust:

Hi all, just read through catching up on everyone's post. Been mostly offline for the last week. I am in the 2WW now too, at 2DPO. We had some well-timed BD again so we'll see! Haven't heard back yet on DH's second SA yet. I'll test on July 7th or 8th.

Hi all, just read through catching up on everyone's post. Been mostly offline for the last week. I am in the 2WW now too, at 2DPO. We had some well-timed BD again so we'll see! Haven't heard back yet on DH's second SA yet. I'll test on July 7th or 8th.

The 8th is a fabulous day. 😉 Fingers crossed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->