Looking for some buddies - ttc #1

So sorry to hear about that, Blo. It's terrible when doctors don't listen to you and talk to you rather than with you. Also backing up asking your GP about blood testing. Is it possible to back to your old obgyn and get the referral or blood tests? Sending hugs your way.

Has anyone started Clomid prior to AF starting? After my US, the NP said I had a little lining that should shed and I'll probably have very light bleeding within a day or two after my last OBC pill. Here I am, day 6 after my last pill, day 3 of Clomid, and AF shows up!

Edit: Called the fertility center and they aren't sure how it will effect my cycle or if I should do an IUI this time; I may have to wait until September. They're supposed to call me back this afternoon and let me know. I'm so over this...

Hi there,

THank you for this....new to this site and it's a little confusing in format....trying to find an active thread for other ladies TTC. May I join ya?

Been trying for a second time since February 2017....:winkwink:

Welcome mojo!

I have decided to just calm down a bit about doctors... maybe the obgyn was right and i just need time.
Its end of cd14 and opk is still far from being positive. I normally o on cd14 or 15 and af shows 11 or 12 days later. But I have also had 31 day cycles with o at cd 19/20 twice in the last year - so for now we are just bd'ing every 2nd day until that opk gets darker.

Amanda, Emily - any sign of o yet?

Welcome mojo!

I'm so sorry to hear Desire. I don't know too much about clomid, but hopefully they call you back with good news, let us know and fingers crossed.

Bloblo - signs point to O today or tomorrow for me. I'm having my typical very low temps that I get beforehand, and good mucus. I've had it come as late as CD 25 though, so we'll be dtd as much as possible until I see that temp rise.

'ello, ladies!
I am another newbie on this forum, nice to meet you all! I have a feeling I will be reading like crwzy through this forum! 😀 So happy to found you!

Just started my letrozol therapy today, will be followed by IUI - I am very excited and freaked as hell at the same time 😂
hopefully I am posting under the right thread.
If not - oh, well - I'd like to join you anyways!
Sending good vibes to everyone!

Welcome szna!

Blo - I think I might have Oed on Sunday (CD16), but I'm not sure, still waiting for my cross-hairs. I think I'm over the CBDA tests. I got two positive OPKs (Sunday and Monday) from the iProven tests, but these CBDA tests are still just flashing smiley faces at me making me wonder if I've been missing my actual O the last two months? So confusing. I think I'm just going to go by the internet strips from now on and not worry about the CBDA, they are expensive anyway. DH and I were able to BD CD15, 16 & yesterday. I might sneak one more time in tonight. I'm getting my bridesmaid dress fitted tonight and that always revs his engine a little to see me in a formal dress.

I did switch from the red raspberry leaf tea to pineapple core just in case I really did O. Lol.

Welcome Mojo and snza!

Amanda - too many times I had flashy smiley, but I did O. I'm glad my new doc is only having me use cheap internet ones this time.

AFM - FC called back, doc isn't sure how it will effecr my cycle, but as long as I'm not bleeding they can do the iui. Now I'm worried I'll get my pos OPK on the three days I can't get to the doctor.

Good evening everyone,

I hope you don't mind that I join this thread!! Hubby & I are trying for #1, went off the pill at the end of December and started trying in April... AF has been all but regular so I've started using OPK's and this cycle i haven't gotten one positive result and I'm on day Cd30, last cycle I did at CD15 and AF came in at CD33! I am not sure when is best to take these OPK, is BBT better?!

Thanks for any input and Good luck everyone :)

Desire - The cheapies worked better for me this month. I don't trust those CBDA any more!

Welcome Cat!

Good evening everyone,

I hope you don't mind that I join this thread!! Hubby & I are trying for #1, went off the pill at the end of December and started trying in April... AF has been all but regular so I've started using OPK's and this cycle i haven't gotten one positive result and I'm on day Cd30, last cycle I did at CD15 and AF came in at CD33! I am not sure when is best to take these OPK, is BBT better?!

Thanks for any input and Good luck everyone :)

Which OPK's are you using? I was using the ClearBlue Digital Advanced and they gave me nothing but stress, so this month I used the iProven internet brand strips from Amazon (super cheap) and it took the stress out of them. I actually had some of the CBDA tests left so on Sunday, I got a blaring positive on the strip and did a confirmation test on the CBDA and it was just flashing so I have lost all faith in them. The best time to test is afternoon/evening. I've heard that it works for some who hold their urine for 4 hours and others say they don't have to.

Cat - Welcome! I agree with Amanda, I'm not a fan of the digital tests anymore so I am using easy@home cheap strips (100 for $22). Two cycles ago (I skipped last cycle), I got a blaring positive while I only got a lot of flashing smilies on the digital during previous cycles. When are you testing? My fertility doc has me test between 2pm and 4pm since the 2am-4am surge is a bit trickier to catch. I've heard also not to use FMU, but instead SMU. I usually start holding my urine at noon and then test during my time frame.

AFM - AF still hanging around (so much for a super light cycle). I think I should start testing tomorrow anyway, just because it is technically a week since I started Clomid. Next week will be hectic though, I am starting to think I should have taken this cycle off. I work nights Fri-Mon until 730am, have a class for work 8am-430pm on Tue and Wed, Thurs is a mandatory all day session at the university for my husband, then I work again Friday. Ugh, sorry to vent. :cry:

Thanks Amanda! It's supposed to be an IUI cycle, but hubby would have to be to the clinic at 730am for his part, I go back in the afternoon for the IUI, and then we BD afterwards... a lot Maybe only BDing will be our best chance this cycle. Or maybe I'm more worried than I need to be and it will timed better than I am expecting.

Ff gave me crosshairs, but my opks are still negative (progressing towards + though), so I am tempted to say those crosshairs are wrong and will move soon. Today's temp was midrange - not as low as normal pre o temps and not as high as normal post o temps. Maybe my body is just screwing with me...

Is it possible you missed your surge? What time do you test?

Is it possible you missed your surge? What time do you test?

I normally test around 5pm - my surge had never been shorter than 3 days though, so I am one of the lucky few who normally catch it with any urine. Its of course possible that it was shorter this time. We were bd'ing every 2nd day so shouldn't be too bad if I already ovulated.
Im prettt chill about it at the moment - im sure my temps will make everything clear within the next few days. Just amazed at how my body changes - everytime that I get used to something, my body changes it around :shrug:

Below u can see - its getting darker, but not quite there yet...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170720-184139.jpg
    Screenshot_20170720-184139.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 2
Our bodies are such weird things, Blo! FXed that you catch the egg and get a sticky bean!

AFM - Got my crosshairs. 3DPO today. And now I wait...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->