Looking for some buddies - ttc #1

Thank you everyone for the advice! I have ordered the easy@home sticks and a new thermometer for next cycle! I will also start testing in the afternoons since that seems to be the consensus!! Even though I didn't see any surge this cycle I will test on Saturday if af doesn't show up on that day!!

I think FF has given up on me with my 34day cycles and no positive O test!! I have hypothyroidism so I knew it wouldn't happen right away but I'm getting my thyroid tested in August so hopefully everything will be fine with that!!

Cat - I have hypothyroidism as well. Been on meds for a few years now and have it checked once a year. Doctor said with the dosage I'm on, she doesn't see any reason to be alarmed about conceiving. Hopefully you get good news at your visit in August!

Welp, I'm CD25 and nothing happening with my temps, so I'm not holding out much hope that I will O this cycle - last time it was this late it didn't come at all and I had a big ol' cyst. Big bummer since we set a new record with bd. If I don't see a temp rise tomorrow, I might just be lurking for a while :wacko:

Welcome szna and cat, and fx for you Desire, that sounds like a hectic week.

:dust:

Update: had my first acupuncture appointment today. To sum up, it was strange. I had no idea such small needles could bring on such a deep ache! Not like anything I've ever felt before, but it went away as soon as the needles were out. Anyone else use acupuncture?

One thing I didn't like is that she said bbt charting was essentially useless, and I would be better off just going by cm or OPKs. My first instinct was to argue that mucus doesn't confirm O (just that estrogen is high), OPKs don't always work for PCOS (this has been my experience, confirmed by my fertility doctor), and that my progesterone blood tests lined up perfectly with what bbt charting was saying. I ended up just smiling and nodding - she's got the needles after all! I decided to give her the benefit of the doubt, maybe she meant it was useless for 'predicting' O vs 'confirming' (I still don't totally agree, but it annoys me less to think that's what she meant lol)

Emily - Never done acupuncture before! That is annoying about the bbt charting though.

AFM - 6DPO today. I had terrible nausea & headache yesterday. Slight headache today and faint nausea today, but yesterday was brutal. I was also a bit dizzy today too. I'm really reigning in POAS because I know it's WAY too early.

Sounds so promising amanda!! Fingers crossed! Try to hold off a week or so before testing (easier said than done.... i know...)

Keeping my fingers crossed for you Amanda!!

Emily- I've done acupuncture before to relieve tension in my neck and it worked magic... hopefully it will work for you too!!

Still no AF (1day late)... took a test and it came back negative so I'll assume that AF will be coming any day now....

Good luck Cat and Amanda!

AFM finally got the crosshairs, 4dpo now

My temps are strangely low this cycle... not feeling super hopeful...

Emily - Congrats on crosshairs! Hoping you get a sticky bean this month!

Blo - Hang in there! You never know, this could be it! :)

AFM - 8DPO. I see my new OBGYN Friday afternoon so we can investigate that weird burning sensation I've been getting before my period the last few months. I'm really trying to hold out testing until Sunday at the latest which will put me at 13DPO. We'll see if I really make it that far. I caved at 8DPO last month and the same day the burning started and I knew AF wasn't far behind. We'll see what happens.

Had another .31 degree temp drop this morning. Had the same degree temp drop yesterday too. 9DPO today and I'm not feeling much of anything today, so I'm not holding out much hope for a BFP this month. I'm still going strong with not testing, still trying to hold out until Sunday.

Sorry Amanda, it's the worst when think you can see af coming :(. Implantation dip?

I've had a temp drop today too, at only 6dpo; not sure what that's about. This has been such a weird cycle, I don't have much hope.

Fingers crossed Emily!

My cramping picked up and the spotting I was having turned from light pink to brown. I think I am out.

Amanda- you have much more will power than me!!! I have tested 1 day before my "scheduled" Af arrival... 2 days later.... and now another 3 days later and still a negative in addition to the super light spotting today I think I'm out! At least all my opk's I got last week won't go to waste!!!
Hope everyone is having a great week!!

Cat - Bummer that you think it's AF, but you're never out until she's full force! FXed for you. I'm surprised I've lasted this long. I usually cave about 7/8DPO and test and I'm at 10DPO & holding strong. Lol. I see my new OBGYN tomorrow afternoon, I've only been TTC 3 months, but for about 5 months now before my period is about to start (TMI alert) the outside of my vagina feels like it gets raw and then I have some burning when I pee. Almost like a UTI, but not. I want to make sure that nothing is going on that will prevent me from TTC.

Amanda- FXed for your appointment!!! Hopefully you'll get some real good news!!! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->