looking for ttc buddy?

i always have a pooch in my lower tummy. i have given up on trying to get rid of it, but today i woke up to a bump, hard and very noticable. it was not there yesterday so must be baby....

0_IMAGE_630.jpg:cloud9:

hey everyone ??????????????????????????? xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

hey sinead!!!! how are you feeling? are you getting any morning sickness or having any symptoms yet???

no all my symtoms seem to hav gone away last week i was feeling a bit sick even at the smell of food but now im fine.... this is scary too say and im worried but i dont feel preg apart from being bloated. xxx

do you, thats good to know. im sure everything is fine. the midwife phoned me yesterday about my 'booking in' appointment. she phoning me again next week to arrange a date :)

i got the same midwife as last time :happydance: she was real nice, i reguested the same consultant too so wen i get the post about my scan i hope his name is on it..

how did your appointment go??xxx

it was really good. based on what they saw looked like baby is healthy. got moved up a couple days. what is the difference with your consultant and mw?

0_201109121219_631.jpg

awh wat a beautiful pic :) thats good glad all is well

midwife (aka communtiy midwife) - you see her at your doctor clinic every 4 weeks and she does your antenatal checks, answers your questions,gives advice and measures your bump and listens to babies heart etc etc she also comes out to your house every 48 hours or so for 10days after the baby is born. but she does not be there for the birth of your baby. the midwifes in the hospital do that.

consultant (gynaecologiest/ob) - you meet him in the hospital your giving birth,he does you scans. you meet him at your 12week scan and then not untill 30something week growth scan unless you hav any problems in your past he will see you at 20something weeks aswell. he also decides c section and induction dates as well as be on call for performing the c section or reparing your stitches in theatre after childbirth and see you for the 6 week check up afterwards.

things must be so different over here than there. xxx

it sure is!

i have an ob/gyn that i see for every appt and she will do birth and everything. i have had some that do scans and all, but mine now doesnt. she has machines to do them for emergencies but sends me out for the regular ones. and no one will come to my home. im glad about that. it would make things chaotic i think. but if i was there i might not mind since thats just how they do things. if i had chosen a mw here i would still have the same mw for birth but would give birth somewhere other than a hospital, would be at home or a center. my ob will have nurses that help at the hospital, but no mw unless you specifically have your own come

here we dont have centres you just give birth in the hospital with watever midwifes are on duty. the midwife we see for our antenatal appointments would have once been a midwife in the hospital and then moved on to the 'community' as they call it. also here we get a health visitor who contacts you every now and again from 2weeks old to 5years old (school) they come to your house about 3times between 2weeks and 6 months to do babys weight and measurements, talk about weaning and vacines and any worries you hav. xxxx

sometimes they can be right bitches but mine is nice enough.

im glad you got a good one hun! that has to make things much better. i like to clean my house as the day goes and i would feel pressure to keep it clean all day if i had someone coming off and on. it would probably stress me out. i like my house spotless when people come over. i get stressed even when our families come to see the baby:dohh:

when is your first appt?

Me too. i swear i spend everyday cleaning lol always something to be done. wen i hav people coming over family or anyone i go on a mad cleaning spree for hours. im not a fan of clutter either. we hav 4 bedrooms and 2 of them hav nothing but boxes, clothes,shoes and baby things in then. i hate going into the cuz they just seem SO messy. we cant afford to furnish them yet with beds :dohh:

my midwife app is next week some day im not sure which and i await post for my consultant and scan app. i hope she uses the doppler on my for some reassurance. with noah i was getting scans from 5weeks so was very reasurred then.

we dont have entire rooms, too many kids to have a room not being used lol, but we have junk drawers that get on my nerves. i dont like clutter either and sometimes we will dump everything on the counter in a drawer to go through later, what a mess lol!

do you not think they will get you in for scans right away?

there are 3 doctors in my gp practice.2 men and 1 lady. with noah i went to the lady doctor to confirm my pregnancy and she reffered me to the early preg clinic for a scan straight away

this time i went to the man doctor and he didnt mension anything about an early scan. they wont do it over here unless you hav had miscarriages before but i guess he prob though ive had a baby since my 2 mc so i didnt need 1 :shrug: i dunno. which i had hav asked :dohh:

otherwise you hav to wait untill 12-17 weeks. :(

melissa i was just watching the home and health a programme called 'baby tales' there was a couple on from texas, she gave birth in a red brick building called 'texas health Arlington memorial' lol made me think of you :wacko: :shrug:

OH MY WORD ive just realised you are in kansas :dohh: :dohh: :dohh: :dohh: :dohh: :dohh: :dohh: :dohh: :dohh: :dohh: :dohh: :dohh: :dohh: :dohh: :dohh: :dohh: :dohh: :dohh: :dohh: :dohh: :dohh: :dohh: :dohh: :dohh: :dohh: :dohh: :dohh:

i did know that....i just forogot :dohh:

:rofl: thats ok hun. texas isnt too far from me. like 5 hrs driving time. i have been there a couple times. :flower:

lol i feel so silly. i rushed onto the net to get writing too you wen i saw it. :rofl: must hav been baby brain :haha: xxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->