• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

LTTTC # 1 w/o Assisted teammates needed!!!!

saw this in another ltttc thread and thought I'd share-if you haven't seen it yet.

More later-gotta finish this work file!

https://www.babyandbump.com/problem...e-suffers-infertility-appreciate-article.html

Holy Cow was that ever fantastic! Thanks so much Titi! I had to laugh out loud at this line: So, what can you say to your infertile friends? Unless you say "I am giving you this baby," there is nothing you can say that will erase their pain.

I wish I had the nerve to send this to all the folks that have told me to just relax! It really is encouraging to see all that written out - we've all felt that way and it validates our reactions.

Hope your wrists feel better soon Titi and that you get some well deserved rest this weekend!

Hey Reba, not having PMS doesn't mean there's something wrong/out of whack; it means that there's something right! (just as period pain lessening means your body is getting back in balance).

Hi girls. Every so often my parner will say something monumentally stupid that will set me off getting all upset about infertility, probably every couple of months or so. And yes, always late-ish at night so I feel tired and crappy the next day.

Thanks for posting that article Titi - can't help thinking it should have mentioned "alternative" things though, such as (drum roll please) TCM (I know, predictable!). Hope your wrists recover again soon, I know it can be awfully painful - I dont' suffer from CTS but I do have hypermobile joints and until I started doing yoga in 2002 they were a real problem - I found out what I had in 2001, when I was sacked for being off sick for weeks, unable to use my hands pretty much. WHan i tried to take the company to court I was checked out and discovered what I had. Didn't get anywhere with the case though, as I'd only been with the company 7 months (the fact that there'd never been a problem with my wrists before then didnt' seem to matter - go figure - and the barrister advised my solicitor that they'd not be able to make a case proving it was the company's fault. Horrible, horrible time and I ended up on anti-depressants for a while, to help me get through the day without crying. You and your OH run your own company, don't you?

Abi x

yes-I should sue me! LOL. No really-they just get REALLY bad when I overwork myself like late. I don't actually know that I have CTS-it could be anything really, even tendonitis as they don't get numb.

I laughed aloud when you mentioned wishing the article mentioned TCM. It was so YOU. : ) :hugs:

Well girls I got PYSCHO on DH an hour ago so Jaimie looks like you aren't the only one whacked out by hormones. A lot of it is obviously that we are working WAY too much this week and I am dead tired. I also had to take on one of his files b/c he is behind and that put even more time on my day........I made a margarita (oh well) and turned on the radio and thought oh, well, at least I'm with DH and its not too bad and then he put in HEADPHONES. I know that is nothing and I am totally hormonal but it flipped the crazy switch. I am NEVER like this normally. I grumped and groaned about everything under the sun for about 15 minutes while DH just took it. Then when I apologized he meekly pulled out his desk calendar and flipped forward a few pages where he had written "and the witch arrives"..............
This is the time of my cycle where I go from hopefully optimistic to down again b/c I realize if I have PMS like clockwork it truly means the witch, not bfp IS coming. : (

Aw Titi! I would be annoyed in that situation too - I always listen to the same tunes as my DH so if he put in headphones I would be hella annoyed. He could have just asked you to change the music or something. Isn't it way too early for your hormones to start anyways? Or is your ticker off? I reckon that pms is just as likely to occur in a positive cycle as it is in a regular one.

I agree with Abster, Reba - not feeling suicidal is a good thing! Most of my cycles are pretty even keeled and I think that is perfectly normal.

Abster - sorry to hear about your hypermobility, I've heard that is very painful. Would be good for childbirth tho, no?

Yeah-maybe it IS a little early-I maybe am just am exhausted. I hate being a jerk.

I don't actually know what hypermobility is-Abi?

I think you are exhausted - sounds like you work your hiney off! Hope you can take it easy this weekend.

The only other gal I know with hypermobility can bend like the dickens - I work out with her and she has to watch that she doesn't go too far down during squats and moves like that - I think it just means your joints are far more flexible than most people's.

wow it sure gets lonely here over the weekend!

Got a little rest this weekend-had to work half a day yesterday but the rest off and even got to sleep in until 7 today-(after waking up at 5 to temp) whoooohooo!

Anyway DH decided last night to semi-remodel the kitchen so have been busy with that today but I love house stuff. We have the typical Florida ranch which is ALL open and there is no privacy in the main areas and no walls to hang stuff on or put things against....so he is building a wall to separate the kitchen from the family room which will really help. He's really handy.

Nothing else new with me-how about you girls? I have mentioned I have had these almost constant cramps since 4dpo. I'm not hopeful b/c that is really early and also b/c I had cramps last cycle. These are just different enough to get my hopes up but not really. Last cycle they mostly felt like ov pains-this cycle it was like that on 4dpo and then changed to an almost burny pressure feeling in the same area but middle not left side. Almost like a light af pain but watch I'll probably have gas or something.

Hi ladies!! Missed ya over the weekend :friends:

Titi hun, hope you feel much better. Ooooh, I love D.I.Y. as well....especially when I just have to cheer on my DH doing all the work :winkwink:. Sounds like you had a good weekend.

I have also been cramping for a few days, and my boobs actually had some fleeting stabbing over the weekend. BUT, this morning, I felt some very AF-like cramps, and only on one side.....as in not the usual dull cramp, but quite sharp and sore....made me start to really worry that I might be out again this cycle. AF is not due till Friday or Saturday, so we'll see :shrug:

Have a blessed day everyone!
:hug:

Morning Ladies,

How are we all today?

Well I had alot of EWCM on Sat night when I got home for a long day out.... I had my nieces communion then myself and a few others stayed out "drinking" (i know, bad me!!) and I got a little bit tipsy..... So was too drunk to DTD.... but had more EWCM yesterday morning so got a quick session in with DH and again last night. So I think i've covered all bases!!! So think today im officially 1DPO.... roll on the 2WW. Might even get a wee session in tonight just incase!!!

Hi Isi-
I started getting that "stabbing boob pain" around Nov. I think. I'd never had that before-it was really bad that cycle.

The cramps I usually get are the kind you are having now-sharp & always on one side. Actually had those this morning. They are ALWAYS on my left side. Don't know what the dull burny pressure cramps were. I've been stalking charts & researching and there is just no way they could be anything as they were too early. I wasted 20 minutes today looking at pg charts and mine doesn't look anything like any of them-it just looks like my regular non-pregnant chart : (

Hope the witch stays away for you tho!!!!

Reba-Yay BD!

I too haven't been so good about avoiding alcohol. Most the time I guess I feel like what is the point-don't feel bad. Yes-deffo get one more bd in today! Just in case!

I hope she stays away from you too, Titi. This symptom spotting is just awful and takes the better of me. Unfortunately, I haven't charted this cycle, so I can't even see how my temps are doing. Ah well....good thing is we have 1 more week, huh :shrug:

I wish we could just eliminate this 2ww :dohh:

The 2ww sucks. No matter how long I have TTC it is the same every time. The first few days after OV I'm sure again that nothing will change. Then suddenly, for some crazy reason around 4dpo until 9dpo, I develop some new and wonderful symptom and decide all over again that yes, I am definitely finally pg this time! Then around 10dpo that symptom dissapears, or none of my other data (chart, etc) correlate, or I just plain discover I've actually had this symptom before and get devastated to know I'm defintely NOT pg again. Then at about 13 dpo I get super hopeful again. Then 14 or 15dpo I wake up and realize I am not pg-and can barely get out of bed. But then...........it's not over yet..........I actually get AF and truly get period denial! I can't tell you how many times I've tested on cd1. Usually it is b/c my period starts-but then of course there is something unusual about the period-either the time of day, or the color, or the flow, etc. etc..........so once again something crazy inside of me tells me its not really AF at all but pregnancy spotting, or late implantation bleeding, etc. etc.

Is anyone else as wacked out as me in the 2ww?

Hello Ladies! Good golly do I ever hear y’as on the miseries of the 2ww. Have you ever heard the phrase “drink till its pink”? That cracks me up. I have no problem with drinking in the second half of our cycles. I really don’t think it makes much of a difference either way. Overall my DH and I have been A TON better because we are trying to improve his SA, but I’ll still drink occasionally in the 2ww. Think of all the conceptions that take place during / after drunken revelries – I really don’t think it is a big deal. Try not to guilt yourself out over it Reba!
Titi – you are such a lucky duck with the kitchen upgrade! Are you getting any new counters or appliances, or just the wall? It is much better when the dirty dishes are hidden by something : ) That way you can enjoy your meal without them staring at you. We really need new cabinets and counters, but our appliances are just a few years old. You described my 2ww to a T! Is there anyway to avoid that roller coaster? If this is going to take a while, I’d really like to get out of line for the ride, so to speak ; P I want to go back to just wanting a baby but being able to go on with my life. Sometimes it feels like I’ll never get past ttc, like I’ll always being obsessing over it. You said it a while ago Titi, but there must be something more meaningful and satisfying I could be doing with my life in the mean time!
Isi – I’m not charting this cycle. Do you think that not charting is helping or hurting your overall level of ss and general obsession with ttc? I’m definitely hoping it will help take my mind off it.
How are you doing Whit?
I can’t remember if I mentioned this, but we are going on vacation starting on the 20th. We are driving cross country back to upstate NY where we grew up. Oh yea – I definitely told you because I said I was dreading seeing all my fertile cousins and my friends’ new baby! Well anyhoo, I probably won’t be in touch as much but you’ll definitely be in my thoughts. And I’m praying for all of us when I do my novenas!
Much love and showers of baby dust ~ Jaimie

aww Jaimie I am going to miss you when you go! Hope it is not too hard on you and you are able to focus on the enjoyable parts.

I don't know how to go back to the normal person I was inside before ttc. I saw a woman wrapping a newbie baby up in a babywearing sling today in the parking lot of Whole Foods and got totally jealous and depressed. You are right-trying to have fun in the meantime but it's still hard because instead of thinking "wow we are so lucky we can still go on a caribbean vacation without kids!" now I just think things like, "Been there done that-this would be so much more fun to take a family vacation"...........If there is a way to get off the ride, I haven't found it. It reminds me of this waterslide I did in Orlando (the bullet, funnily enough) where it was a a vertical drop with a little bullet you stood in, and door would open under your feet and.....whoosh!! I was terrified but my DH the thrillseeker extrodinaire talked me into it. When they closed me into that little bullet and I looked down I almost threw up. I wanted to get out so bad but I was even more scared that while I was trying to get out of the little door they would drop the floor and I would get killed. I think this is how it is-there IS no going back.

That is sweet of you to pray for us. I have been including everyone too-maybe all that good energy will go around!

Well sadly I am only getting a wall and extra cabinets. We have plain old white laminate cabinets & tops and I would LOVE wood cabinets and granite-it would be so nice. BUT, I can't justify in this economy-its just pure luxury, that sort of upgrade-so will have to settle until all the practical stuff is taken care of : (

PS-8 dpo and BITCHY again today! I have never been so grumpy this many times in my whole cycle. Usually people hate me b/c I'm too nice & happy! Usually I just have the one outburst 4-5 days before af.

:hugs:

Titi I hope you feel better soon! Its an endless blackhole sucking your hope :( Thats kinda what I am feeling anyway BLAH!

Jaimie- Have fun on vacation! Hope you are gonna let loose. :)

There is a lot going on with me.. I've explained it in a couple of different threads just to let people know--I'm not going anywhere just kind of feeling hopeless right now.. Half of me is anyway, the other half is excited I get to have an HSG next cycle.. I just cant let myself hang around too much and obsess this cycle. Hope you are all doing ok.

Awwww Whit......I can't imagine what you are feeling like at 2.5+ years but I know it must be rough hun..........FX'd for your HSG though! Tell us all about what you are going through here, if you want-that's what we are for and want to be there for you.

I know a lot of people get pg straight after an hsg-------hmmm maybe I should book one!

Hi :hi:,

I've finally found my way here! Hope you have room for one more!:flower:

yay Dee!!!

I've been hoping you would make your way over...........I think you will really like it here.

: ) :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->