• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

LTTTC # 1 w/o Assisted teammates needed!!!!

:hugs: Titi. I know how you feel, hun. Just try to keep the PMA, okay!

Jamie, I am a chronic symptom spotter and I have never charted, so no, I don't think not charting reduces the ss :haha:.I wish someone could tell me what to do not ss every cycle. Keeping fx for you for this cycle, hun :hugs:

Welcome Dee :wave:

Jaimie-
I have decided on the answer to your charting/stress question today-having experience temping and not temping/taking a break from it. Guess what? It is yet another you're 'darned if you do, darned if you don't' paradox of TTC!!!!!

Today I woke up with a higher temp then all this cycle. I'm not the sharpest at 5 am and was TOTALLY excited that it was the beginning of triphasic. Got up and immediately logged my temp into FF. ONLY to find out that (I guess I just can't possibly remember all this stuff after 18 cycles) my temp ALWAYS spikes on 9dpo (at least I'm predictable!) and then nose dives the rest of the cycle. So I was totally depressed again.
It's for these reasons I took a break from temping the last few cyles. Yes it is heartbreaking at times and stressful.
The problem is, NOT temping, once you've started, ends up being stressful too. Like at the end of your cycle, when normally temping would indicate your af is on the way, you don't have that luxury-so you just get your hopes up in a different fashion......and can't "confirm" anything through your chart.

Morning ladies,

Welcome Dee. :flower:

Jamie - enjoy your holidays - my sister lived in Upstate New York for years (Saratoga Springs to be exact) but then moved to Massachussetts. I loved Saratoga and went there on holidays every summer - so im sure you'll have a great time. :thumbup:

Titi - temping was depressing me in the end up cos I got so hopefully when it went high, then low, then high.... and then AF would show.... it was too stressful so I gave it up. At least I found out that I Ov on CD16 so it helped in one way.

Well I never got to DTD last night (CD16 - ov day) - DH was too tired and I was too but I would of just done it but he was asleep before I got to bed!!! he said we'll do it in the morning -i woke up and he was already in the shower - so totally missed it. Oh well maybe CD13, CD14 & twice on CD15 will do the trick! Not very hopeful but what the hell!

Whitbit - i have HSG next month too - and have been trying for 29 months approx so I totally know how your feeling - it sucks big time but I still live in hope. Im trying to relax and go with the flow (easier said than done) but the huge clock inside me is ticking like mad.... wish i could drowned it out some out!!!!

Isi - i was symptom spotting like mad when I first start TTC (and for about a year after) but then I started saying "oh thats the same pain, in the same place as Ive had before" so now when I get a symptom I think "have i had this before" and if the answer is yes then I forget about it - if the answer is no however I get all excited - its a lose lose situation -and the worst part is Ive never been pregnant so how the hell would I even know what a symptom was!!!! Sucks! :growlmad:

Ladies we'll all get there in the end - please god! :flower:

Hiya Reba-don't you hate that DH is always the final word of whether you get to bd or not? I know for a fact BD has got to be more enjoyable for the man and all this time I don't think I've ever missed a bd due to being tired or not feeling like it (that is how I feel most the bd time!!!) but sure DH has plenty of times!

I think you are covered tho!!!!

well girls I found this website today and didn't get to read much but it looks great so far what I did read: https://www.theafa.org

https://www.smileyvault.com/albums/userpics/10172/grouphugg.gifYou gals are the bestest!

Titi - I really loved your scary water ride analogy - that is all too true. I'm sorry your temp spike turned to disappointment once you realized it tends to happen on CD 9. Yes, I think that towards the end of my 2ww I'll be nervous about not having a cycle worth of temps to stare at and compare against. But I'm convinced that I know when I ov, which is all that I really needed temping for.

Whit & Reba - the more I'm exposed to the world of TTC the more I'm also convinced that it is pretty common to have a long row to hoe, especially in our 30s. I really think the data is out of date on that stuff - isn't it like only 15% don't conceive their first year of trying? I'll bet it is more, especially if you isolate the odds by age. I've known three women, who happen to be grandmothers now, that didn't conceive their first until after 5 - 7 years of trying. I hope that doesn't upset you, I truly don't mean it to come across that way, it is just that those stories give me hope so I wanted to share them. Of course I hope we conceive long before then, but I just take some comfort in the fact that I'm not the medical aberration the typical statistics sometimes makes me feel like.

Isi - another stunningly gorgeous wedding pic! Love it!

Reba - funny that you've spent some time in Saratoga. I went to grad school in Troy, just an hour or so south of there along the northway.

Thanks for all the well wishes on my vacay ladies - I'll be missing you too! I'm sure I'll check in at least once or twice though.

Oh man - I forgot to say that I really hope your HSG goes well Whit, and that it boosts your fertility!

Jaimie--that is really comforting to know that maybe all the statistics havent actually been counted or updated... plus that doesnt include people who dont go to the doctor about it or are just ntnp.

Reba--thats cool we will both have our hsg on the same cycle. I think we should all book them for the boost! LOL

Anyway the thing the doc thinks I may have-- I had some tests come back abnormal a couple of years ago at the endocrinologist (why this is the first gyn who wanted to talk to him about it i have no idea) It *may* be Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia---where I might lack an enzyme to make cortisol and some other hormone. If I did have it it'd be very low-grade and not as bad as the classic. I was pretty upset at the prospect.. but I did some googling and it appears that the hormones can be balanced with a steroid pill--thus helping pregnancy. So Fxed if thats what it is the fix will be simple. :)

Titi--hope you are doing ok! Are you going to test this cycle? Everything crossed for you!! Great you got your Ovacue issue sorted :D

Thanks Jaimie :D. And yeah, I also agree that the statistics seem to be warped and misleading. But I'm also praying we will not be part of that statistic. I'm really counting on every single one of us on this thread getting pregnant within the next couple of cycles. From the bottom of my heart, I do pray so!!! And Jaimie, where did you get that group hug emoticon????!!! I LOVE it!!!! :D

Whit, good luck with the HSG hun. When do you have it?

Titi.....sending you a bear sized :hug:

As far as symptom spotting goes, I have decided to just throw it all in the air, because it is doing my head in. This cycle, I have had my most extreme "symptoms" ever, and I think my brain and my body seem to have some short of shady partnership. All I need to do is read a symptom, and voila, I get it. So I decided yesterday, in the middle of a "burning boobs" experience that you know what, enough of all that! I'm going to keep my mind clear and just wait for AF to show up in a couple of days. Either that or I go loony!!!

Morning Ladies,

Whitbit - what daye do you think your HSG will be on? The clinic I go to only do them on a Friday so if my Af shows on time (1st June) then the only time I can have it is Fri 11th June (which is CD11 - they say they only do them up to CD10 incase of pregnancy but I dont ov til CD16 anyway so 5 days to clear the tubes of any left over dye. And I'll prob just tell them Im CD10 just in case they so no - I cant be waiting another month for it.

Jamie- i rem passing Troy (or a sign for it at least) when I use to visit my sister - small world eh!

Isi - i know you dont want to be symptom spotting but your burning boobs one sounds promising.... Ive never had any really symptoms in the boob area in the whole 2.5 yrs of TTC.... I think if I did I would get very excited. Im trying not to SS too - but i have noticed pains in my stomach and twinges in my ovaries but i think its all in my head and Im sure ive felt like this before. ITS SO BLOODY HARD............

Titi - yeah hate that fact that DH always has the final word - i should of just jumped on him anyway but I was at the stage were I couldnt be bothered either.... I really hope we caught it this month (but ive been having twinges and some more CM and Im wondering if I ov'd later - who knows - might need to purchase a CBFM and start tracking properly or revert to Temping just to get an accurate picture.... i just find it too boring!!!

R

Good morning girls!

Isi-I tried to chart stalk you this morning to see how it was going but you don't have a link : ( I know all about the SS-I had to "give it up" too b/c I forgot to mention that the cycle I had the "burning boob pain" I also had what looked to me like an ID and a triphasic chart! That AF about killed me. I put "give it up" in quotes b/c of course NOT symptom spotting is the same theory as "forgetting about TTC"..........I may not LOOK for symptoms but you can imagine that if something new pops up that I've never had before (like my "burning pubic cramps" this month-why is everything burn?) then I can't help but google it a little! I think the most sane approach is the realization that there is NO SINGLE sure pregnancy sign. EVERY single symptom or chart thing is 50%-50% of women that had it got pg, and the other 50 went on to get AF-so even if I think I have a promising sign I remind myself of that now, whereas before I used to get convinced I was pg.

It makes sense that the statistics could be wrong-and yet when I see all these newbies getting bfps straightaway, I wonder. I had a gander through my friend list the day before yesterday (I guess just to make myself cry) and so many of them are already in the 3rd tri!!!!!!

Jaimie-it doesn't depress me when you talk of 5-7 year wait for a bfp. I'm getting to the point where I'd almost relieved if someone could guarentee me a bfp then...........it is the fear that we CANT have a bfp at all that ices over my heart. It is hopeful for me to know that if you haven't had one by year 2-you aren't out of the game as it can seem here on the ltttc boards when so many are starting ART long before then.

Whit-as far as testing goes, I so far don't have any plans to. My chart is the same as it is every month. I had my mini spike yesterday at 9dpo and today it is starting its snarly little downward plunge. :cry:. So I will just wait for af and maybe this time I will have a special surprise for her :gun:.........so unless I get a neverbeforehappened temp rise from tomorrow on, no testing for me.

How is everyone else?

LOL....no chart yet, Titi. Maybe next cycle...or maybe not :winkwink:. Our bodies can be really evil though....with all those faux symptoms. But we SHALL prevail. And I'll be right behind you to :gun: the :witch: down if she shows. Boooo Hisss!!!!

Thanks Reba, but I really am at the stage where I'm afraid to hope. When I realised that my body was next to only James Bond in the trickery department was 2 cycles ago, when I got the "metallic mouth" symptom. I have a baaad sweet tooth, but all of a sudden was repulsed by everything sweet. Add this to lower back ache, nausea, etc. etc., I was one foot at the Baby Shop ordering a crib....:haha:. I almost passed out when AF came. Nah, I've decided to wait this one out! I also think it's a good idea to do your HSG as soon as you can. So that you can move on with your plans. I had mine on CD 10.

:hug:

oh no you did NOT get metallic mouth! What an evil trick! Even that one has not happened to me!

Although I have even got the food cravings one! That convinced me I was pg in Nov. Craving something I like would be one thing, but I suddenly got an insatiable craving for chicken parmigan (sp).........I have NEVER liked chicken parm., or any kind of parm for that matter-in fact I don't like anything that is breaded. But all I wanted for two weeks straight was chicken parm.......I was getting it every day. Even DH was convinced. : (

Since then now I ALWAYS get crazy cravings in the 2ww WTF? This cycle it is Hot Pastrami sandwiches and BEER! TWO things I also just have never cared for and normally don't want. Lol.

Jaimie-I think taking a break from temping is good-and always worth a try. I haven't decided yet if I am going to temp again next cycle or not...........I just wanted to see if my ovacue is working. Now that I have found out that I had accidentally deleted an important reading and manually everything else lined up (according to support line) I am more confident.......but might doublecheck again next cycle.

Argh tho I wish there wasn't a next cycle!!!!

Thanks Jaimie :D. And yeah, I also agree that the statistics seem to be warped and misleading. But I'm also praying we will not be part of that statistic. I'm really counting on every single one of us on this thread getting pregnant within the next couple of cycles. From the bottom of my heart, I do pray so!!! And Jaimie, where did you get that group hug emoticon????!!! I LOVE it!!!! :D

This cycle, I have had my most extreme "symptoms" ever, and I think my brain and my body seem to have some short of shady partnership. All I need to do is read a symptom, and voila, I get it.

Here is the group hug code: https://www.smileyvault.com/albums/userpics/10172/grouphugg.gif[img] Just add a "/" before the last "img" and you can dole out group hugs too!

I can't profess to be a statistics expert or anything, but the longer I go in this ttc insanity the more gals I find in the same boat. Of course they tend to congregate here in bnb, but I'm also hearing more stories from friends and family. Really hope we can all learn to have a looser grasp on our heart's desire and that our dreams our realized before our faith dies! :haha:

Gotta love the psychosomatic ss insanity - I'd blame it all on the stuff I read on these threads but I was doing it before I found bnb. I just try to laugh at myself when I catch myself doing it. I'm feeling really sarcastic this cycle!

[quote="Titi, post: 5444785"]EVERY single symptom or chart thing is 50%-50% of women that had it got pg, and the other 50 went on to get AF-so even if I think I have a promising sign I remind myself of that now, whereas before I used to get convinced I was pg.

It makes sense that the statistics could be wrong-and yet when I see all these newbies getting bfps straightaway, I wonder. I had a gander through my friend list the day before yesterday (I guess just to make myself cry) and so many of them are already in the 3rd tri!!!!!! [/QUOTE]

Yup - that is what I keep telling myself too - that all these "symptoms" are also signs that AF is imminent. And again, I'm definitely no expert on the stats - I just find myself doubting them when I become one of the outliers, and when so many women I'm getting to know are outside the percentages as well.

I'm awful sorry about your friend's list - that is super sucky. I've found myself wanting to make a list of the just the 30 somethings ttc their first but decided that was going overboard a little (ok, alot). And I'm trying to stay away from the testing threads, they are a buzz kill!

[quote="Titi, post: 5446812"]I just wanted to see if my ovacue is working. Now that I have found out that I had accidentally deleted an important reading and manually everything else lined up (according to support line) I am more confident.......but might doublecheck again next cycle.

Argh tho I wish there wasn't a next cycle!!!![/QUOTE]

I would LOVE if there weren't a "next" cycle for you too Titi! And I'm glad you figured out the situation with your ovacue - I was really pissed off for you on that one!

Reba and Whit - really hope your HSGs go well and I'm eager to hear about your experience and feedback from the docs. Whit, have you done the 21 day bloods test? I think that is for hormones...

ok - seriously need to focus on some work and packing...

AF showed up for me 2 days early. Ah well....at least the horrid 2ww is over. I feel kinda sad but am still holding on to God and praying He blesses my DH and I soon.

I've decided against doing clomid this cycle......maybe next one...or even after my trip to America in July....I don't know :shrug:. Possibly even IUI then....not sure (I guess that would officially disqualify me from this group :blush:).

Awww mehn! I'm trying to keep a strong heart but it is sooo hard. My Dad just called to wish me a happy birthday 6 whole days early (for the first time in 33 years, he actually missed the date), and that has gotten me all teary. But I need to get myself together before the rest of my colleagues get to work (I'm the first one here).

Good luck Titi, Jamie, Reba and Whit. I hope you have better luck than me this cycle.

:hug:

oh no Isi! I'm so sorry. I know you were hopeful with the belly button pain. Damn Witch :gun: :gun: :grr:

Hope your day goes okay-treat yourself to something nice. I love the avatar and pray it will be you soon!

PS-Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->