• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

LTTTC # 1 w/o Assisted teammates needed!!!!

Good Morning,

Titi - Yay! Another exercise buddy! I found some yoga clips on youtube incl. a short one with B. Strong so I'm going to use that to start with. Okay, so what's the next step?

:hi: Whit, Jaime, Abi, NG

Hi All!

I guess the next step for me is the first step-getting my butt back to the gym! I am a little embarassed to go. Our gym is set up with a front desk/juice bar right at the entry and I was going every day early in the spring and would stop in at the juice bar and have a "hot shot" before workout (fresh jalepeno & acai juice-great for energy and natural fat burning). So-they know me well there-and now I haven't been since April. I don't seem to have the motivation to do my at home yoga either. How to get back on track????

Hey Dee! I'd love to be workout buddies with you and Titi. I am doing crossfit classes 3x a week and trail running in between. Crossfit is interval strength training ~ so you do fairly intense reps with free weights and then short rest periods in between. I really like it!

Titi - I've been MIA from my gym since April too - but I found it pretty easy to go back because it is a small one and everyone is really supportive. I'm sure you'll find that at your gym too ~ asking why you've been gone from a gym is just as rude as asking when you'll start having babies! So hopefully they won't harass you : )

Oh you killed me with that "no wonder I can't get pregnant" response to semination vs. insemination:haha:

ha ha!!!!!

WOw Jaimie you've been really good at the gym! And I read in another thread that 3 miles is a good run for you-PHEW that is like a record for me, lol. I like to jog when I am in shape but even though I've jogged on & off for over ten years I'm literally a 12 minute mile on a good day.

Hi Girls,
Happy 4th of July to my states mates!!!

Well we've been on here for some time without a bfp....but I'm happy to say that I was looking over our sister thread, "Anyone LTTTC with no plans for assisted?" that I started in the ltttc section and was reminded that although she never ended up officially "Joining" over here, BabyLouLou, is pg with #1!!! To refresh memories, I copied her first post (hope you don't mind babylou!)

Hi Titi- I am on my 4th cycle of clomid after over 5 years of TTC- and I certainly feel like it will never happen! It is so hard to think of anything else- I think about it every minute of every day!

I asked her if she might drop in here and share her story....I thought it would be really inspirational for all of us.

Hi all, I'm jessica and I'm 21 years old, hubby is also 21. We got married in december of 2007 and I have the implanon implant removed in august of 2008. We have een trying ever since! I had pre ttc blood work done,
all was normal, but it took nearly 6 months for my period to come back after implanon removal. I then started the vicious cycle
I am in now of irregular, unpredictable cycles ranging for 121 days to 21 days, and to top it all off I'm blessed
with insomnia and irregular sleep so temping does NO good for me....we are now on cycle 14, month 22 of ttc our first baby. Let's also top this off by adding the my hubby leaves for basic training on september first, so we are hoping to concieve naturally before then! I am waiting until at least january to pursue any kind of FS because I feel like my body needs more time to straighten its self out. And lastly I'm so glad to have found you all, I felt totally lost in ttc/ltttc....

:wave: hi all!
I have been away (at the inlaws) for the weekend and not returning home till tomorrow. Also havent been on much because they do not know I am TTC so going on this site would be just slightly suspicious. LOL

I hope everyone is doing well.

My chart looks like crap and I am not very happy about it. I was having what I thought was O pains....but now i think it was my body gearing up to O and then it never did :(

Lilaala ~ welcome – hilarious avatar! Especially for LTTTC. So were you diagnosed with endo? Glad you don't have any symptoms, I've heard it can be very painful.

:hugs:Reba & Lilaala:hugs: unexplained infertility totally sucks ~ I have the feeling that if I did go through all the testing that is the diagnosis we would get. DH's first SA wasn't too great but I hope his second one is much better

Thank you! I figured 'laugh or cry', and I do cry, but I figured laughter was therapeutic too. :flower:

No Endo diagnosis, the Lap is simply for lack of anything else left to check. I don't have any Endo symptoms at all... I'm thinking of trying some acupuncture or something in a last ditch hope before September. I'm scared to have surgery, even if it is only keyhole exploratory, it's still scary. :nope:

I hope your hubby's next SA is fabulous! I've heard more than once of the lab messing up the results by reading them wrong/not getting to them fast enough/etc. :hugs:

I have a question? What is tthf?

In regards to the Yoga, I love Yoga but I am no good at the meditating part :dohh: I like to stretch and breathe but they hold the poses much longer than I like to stay still :rofl: It's still great though and I like the sound of your Yoga for Fertility DVD and hope it works!!

I try not to spend toooo much time on BnB, it actually gets me down sometimes, but I will certainly keep checking back here when I do log on.

Jessica I hope your cycles sort themselves out asap! Have you tried Maca? It helped regulate me, I wasn't fluctuating by that much, only a 10 day variance in cycle lengths, but now I'm bang-on 29 days it seems! It's a root, you can get it powdered in capsules, and it works to sort out your hormones. I've read eating honey regularly is a good boost for that as well. :hugs:

NGRidley I hope you did Ov, or if not then that it happens asap! :hugs:

MrS. MaBrEy-welcome!! Glad to have you here hun, hope we can give you some comfort while you figure things out. What would you like for me to put besides your name on p.1?

Were your cycles regular before the implant-is that what caused it?

You might consider stalking (or joining!) the CLUB OVACUE thread. The ovacue is a fertility monitor that predicts ovulation and then can confirm when it has occurred. Also one of the girls in that thread is military with military husband. Because as far as temping is concerned, I have found after almost a year of doing it, that since you can't really use it to predict WHEN you are going to ov, your insomnia doesn't hurt you there because OPKs or fertility monitors as well as hopefully your cervical mucus are still better predictors of ov approaching. Temping really only confirms that ov has happened, but you still usually have to wait about 3 days worth of temps to find out. The ovacue has a vaginal sensor that measures the estrogen/progesterone balance. I haven't had the best of luck with it predicting my fertile peak (its usually a 1-3 days off) but it is excellent at confirming it-and within hours. And irregular sleep habits don't affect it-just a thought if you have no idea when you are oving.

Hello!

NGRidley-hmmm, your chart is confusing. It does look like you possibly ov'd but then your temps dip don't support that huh? Are you sure your temps were spot on? : (

Lilaala-tthf =trying to have fun. There is a tthf thread that is saving my sanity. The thing is, at this point my whole life has become centered around "poor me" every two weeks of every month+. This LTTTC has made me jealous and judgemental in ways I never thought possible. I'm suddenly the judge of everyone who should or shouldn't get pg and everything they do and can't ever get over why it can't be me. I'm NOT pleased with these new personality traits!!!! Also-I have been completely focused on FORCING this bfp. I say forcing, b/c it's obviously not meant to happen yet for us for some reason. This is another big change I suffered. I just happen to be a very faithful person and my personal belief system has always been one of acceptance and gratitude and faith that there is a reason everything happens. IE-if "bad" things happen to us I can flip it to think that there may have been something good in the situation and it wasn't really bad. (You know-like, if I'm stuck in traffic and late for an apt., instead of getting angry I just can think maybe that saved me from being in an accident down the road)....BUT I'm not having any part of accepting that its not my turn for a bfp and angry and sad about it. The tthf, for me means that I really have to start letting go now and trying to accept what is happening and finding the good in this time-start enjoying life with my DH the way I would if we were not planning on having a baby.
It's been really hard to let go-b/c I want it so bad I have been so afraid that letting go means I'm not trying hard enough anymore and definitely won't get pg. Well this is getting to be a ridiculously long reply-I think I needed to see it myself. I'm going to cut it off now and save it for my journal.

As far as not coming on B&B-I tried that a little bit and for me NOT coming on didn't help me get the support I needed. But what I did find is that I really couldn't spend anymore time in the "regular" ttc threads-that was what kept upsetting me because the mindset is so hopeful and seemingly ignorant of what we have been through. I created this thread for support and subscribe to a few other ltttc threads and just one other okay ttc thread and only check my subscriptions each day rather than browsing through stuff. I found that really helps with the support I need and friendships I've made but cuts out all the disturbing stuff. :hugs:

Good Morning everyone,

Welcome Ms. Mabrey :hi:

Titi / Jaime - I haven't been to the gym in a loooong time! I usually just use the treadmill at home so I'll continue that for 30 mins per day and try the yoga and see how it goes.

Titi - So when is the official FDoG (first day of gym)?

Lilaala - I find it difficult to stay still for long too!

NGR - I know - baby and bump - is kind of a giveaway :haha:

Reba /Abi - how was your weekend?

FDOG-I like it! I dunno.......it's making my heart race thinking about it. : (

I am going to start my healthy eating diet tomorrow and put in the yoga dvd. Maybe DH & I will go to the gym together on Thurs. for our yoga class that we haven't been to in ages. I don't know what is stopping me from getting to the gym!!!!!!

Good morning!

Hi Reba! That is funny I do the EXACT same thing- (I too have some REALLY old aduki beans in my pantry! and seaweed!!!).

Heres to taking a break. I have a similar situation where besides the mental anguish now that I have got a ccd class to teach in Sept. if I get pg now I'll miss their first communion. Also have a holiday in Sept! Although I am way jealous of your trip to Spain. Where in Spain? Ever since 9th grade Spanish class I have dreamed of going there-I love the culture! (and food!)

We can be break buddies for the next few months if you want. I even coined a term for it: SEMINATION VACATION :haha:

Haha Titi - I like the name!

We are going to Fuengirola in the Costa Del Sol for 10 days - we booked a villa with a private pool so I cant wait. I too love the culture, food and the Cerveza's (beers). I cant wait to just do nothing for 10 days but relax, sunbath, swim, eat, drink and read a few books - oh and of course get plenty of :sex: in - but it will just be for fun as according to the calendar I will have already Ov'd the week before so will be in the 2WW - which is probably a good thing cos I wont have to concentrate on anything but making love (not babies).

Must steep some aduki beans this eve and make a nice cous cous salad for my lunch during the week.

Abi - thanks for all the food advice - i think I need to lay of the dairy a bit (i did it for a few weeks but reverted back to my old ways). Also should stay away from the bread.

Oh and AF came in full force on Saturday evening - stomach is still cramping - wish I was curled up on the couch at home - oh well only another few hrs of work left.

Must go read the rest of the posts here incase Ive missed something exciting.

Good Morning everyone,

Welcome Ms. Mabrey :hi:

Titi / Jaime - I haven't been to the gym in a loooong time! I usually just use the treadmill at home so I'll continue that for 30 mins per day and try the yoga and see how it goes.

Titi - So when is the official FDoG (first day of gym)?

Lilaala - I find it difficult to stay still for long too!

NGR - I know - baby and bump - is kind of a giveaway :haha:

Reba /Abi - how was your weekend?

Hey Dee - my weekend was fine - got AF in full force on Saturday evening so just popped a few pills and went to a party. Sunday more pain and more painkillers and today more pain but no painkillers - i just need a hot water bottle to soothe the cramps.

Picked up my clomid prescription on Friday too and I was kinda tempted to start it but i resisted - thank god - will give myself a break for a few months and then its baby time!

Hi Reba!

Dont forget to add some seaweed to your aduki beans! : )

Actually I've heard this is very good as it cuts down all bloat and gas :blush: besides being rich in nutrients.

Also-have you ever tried quinoa? I love it. It has the texture of cous cous but has the highest protein of any starch-really good for you!

I'm sorry about AF. It's not fair.

FDOG-I like it! I dunno.......it's making my heart race thinking about it. : (

I am going to start my healthy eating diet tomorrow and put in the yoga dvd. Maybe DH & I will go to the gym together on Thurs. for our yoga class that we haven't been to in ages. I don't know what is stopping me from getting to the gym!!!!!!

That's an excellent plan. Maybe you'll feel like going back once you've started yoga. I think gyms are accustomed to people slacking off ever so often.

Hi Reba!

Dont forget to add some seaweed to your aduki beans! : )

Actually I've heard this is very good as it cuts down all bloat and gas :blush: besides being rich in nutrients.

Also-have you ever tried quinoa? I love it. It has the texture of cous cous but has the highest protein of any starch-really good for you!

I'm sorry about AF. It's not fair.

Hi titi - I do eat seaweed (nori) when i eat sushi which is probably only once a week at this stage (I should try to have it more often).

How do you make your quinoa? I got a recipe on the net and tried it and nearly vomited (it had cinnamon and mixed spice in it) - think I should just have it plain. Do you eat it like a cous cous or as a porridge (oatmeal)? I bought loads of stuff - millet, quinoa, aduki beans, other beans, rice milk, soya milk, rye bread - and i tried it all for a week and just got bored. I need to make small changes over time. Must get back on the wheatgrass or spirulina too - only did it for a month also. Its all so costly!

Hi Reba-I'm the same as you as far as buying all the stuff, using once and then forgetting I have it in my cupboard.
Quinoa has to be rinsed really well prior to cooking or it can almost have a kerosene (yum!) like taste. I do like it as a porridge-but you have to really like porridges anyhow.
It's also really good just as a cous cous substitute-but starting off you could just sprinkle some on salads-or even make a salad of it with feta, olive oil, lemon juice, tomatoes, (if you like that).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->