LTTTC # 1 w/o Assisted teammates needed!!!!

no-it's been bothering me for about 6 years too :dohh:

MrS. MaBrEy, NGRidley, Abster ~ I am SO sorry ladies :hugs: How are you doing? I find that it takes me a few days to shake it off.

Hey Abs-I agree-SS and testing is REALLY heartbreaking at this point. I totally try to avoid if possible.

Jaimie-you're right-I should get a call in........I bet they are all similarly booked. Hmm interesting too that Sept. was when I was planning for anyway-maybe the universe has something else in mind.

Did they tell you what they are going to do on your first visit? Do you go alone or with DH?

Jaimie-you will appreciate my dream this time the tech had ME use the "camera dildo" myself! Apparently I've been sticking too many things up there lately ttc.

Hey Titi! I definitely avoid early testing and SS, to the extent possible. Still cracks me up that I thought my pms bloating last cycle was an early sign :dohh: The FS did ask me to bring DH and his SA results. They said we would get an ultrasound and a lengthy "interview" with the doctor. If our insurance does not cover fertility testing, which I reckon it doesn't, it will cost $350 just for this initial consult. Oh it is too funny that you dreamt you used a dildo cam on yourself!! Sorry things seemed bad in the dream though, did you wake up upset? I'm so sorry about your wrists - I got that when I was writing my dissertation. I still get it if I do too much typing, so I just make sure I take breaks and stretch on days when I have to do writing.

To be honest I agree with abster, SS always just turned out to be IPS for me.

What is IPS Lilaala? It is VERY interesting to me that your gyno told you that lots of women get pg within a few months of their HSG. So you had yours in June?

I'm still so happy (chuffed?) that Whitbit is UTD :happydance:

Okay-I set up my initial FS apt. DREAMBABY is the name of his practice. Sounds good to me. The policy is that the nurse will meet with us first visit and do an exam for me, take our medical records & goals before we get an apt. with the Dr. so I scheduled for 8/3. If they can't get my insurance to cover it that is $600.00 just that visit so we'll see where we go from there when she calls me back to let me know. I may put it off longer if this is going to be this expensive-we'll see.

Well that is exciting Titi! Interesting that your clinic does a work up with a nurse first, then moves you on to an appt. with the doctor. What is up with not knowing whether or not the insurance will cover it?! I find that annoying, because I'm in the exact same situation. My insurance won't tell me for sure and neither will the clinic. They both say just submit the bill and see what happens. Wish we both lived in one of those states that mandates fertility coverage...I'm glad you made the appt. hon, definitely sounds like you would have had to wait a while if you waited till Sept. to call. I hope we both get miracle worker billing agents :thumbup:

no-it's been bothering me for about 6 years too :dohh:

Maybe there are some exercises that may help. Hope it feels better soon.

Regarding the FS appointment, it is amazing how expensive these things are. I hope your insurance covers it. I am a little confused though, is the $600 for the first visit with the nurse? Will she just do a scan and take your history... no blood tests at that point then?

Sorry NGRidley :hugs: I had a minor breakdown about it last night, then felt crappy today. Didn't help that I turned up to my appt with the nurse and realised the appt was yesterday! :dohh: She's not available for a while now, so I'm not making another one. Going to hosp on thurs for my cd4 bloods. OH is doing his sa at the beginning of aug. We need to make an apt with our GP for 3 weeks later, when all the test results will be back.
Sorry, not very chatty - just off to bed. Started the soy today, let's see what happens...

:hugs: abi-hope the soy works wonders!

Jaimie-I dunno what's up with the insurance. I think the thing is that prob. means what we are having done can't be covered-but if they can creatively code it then it might fall under something that can be covered but they won't know what they can code until they see us? Thing is DH doesn't want to spend that kind of money this soon before our anniversary-and I'm not sure I blame him. We were really looking forward to escaping for vacation and have spent a LOT of money in Marlow's vet bills.
Dee-they didn't mention blood tests. They said to get all our previous tests faxed to them and we would go over my history, I would have an "exam" and we would come up with our "goals". I think that money is for initial visit only!!

:dohh: $600 just to see a nurse? I mean, I like nurses and all but sheesh! And I totally agree, I'm sure it is just the way they code the visit and however the agent on the insurance end processes it.

I can definitely understand why you'd want to wait till after your vacay ~ you are absolutely free to do that hon. I just wanted to give you a heads up about the lag time my clinic has. Crazy virtual peer pressure!

I meant to tell you that I agree, Marlow needs a little head band with a flower on it :thumbup:

: )

I am anxious to get things rolling with the FS and sure would if it were covered but I hate the idea of spending $1,000's just to get "unexplained infertility" and be back in same boat : (
I'm thinking that's the real reason I've put it off so long-but it would be nice to have reassurance also-or an hsg induced pg like Whit has us all hoping for!!!! : )

Good Morning Everyone

Titi - that's frightfully expensive. At this point is it possible to talk to your gyno about it? Maybe he/she can either do the HSG him/herself or refer you for one somewhere?

Abi /NGR/Jaime/Reba - :hugs:

That is a good point Dee - I've seen lots of ladies say they got HSGs through their gynies on these threads. That would be a more likely route to get the procedure covered as well - coding by a fertility clinic surely raises more flags with the insurance than a gynecologist!

I would cover all bases with your obgyn first! It would be cheaper to work with them esp if you can get ins. To cover it. I had an fs appointment on the 20th which is ironically the day of my first appointment. But I would prob have still canceled because my doc had plans to do more tests etc first. Good luck hun!

:hugs: and :dust: for all you lovely ladies!

yeah they called back 2day to say insurance won't be covering. Definitely going to cancel and will see if my ob will pretty please do something!

Sorry to hear she showed, NGRidley! :hugs:

Big :hugs: Abster!!

HOLY HERA Titi and Jaimie! Yeesh that is expensive! I just pay my HealthCare Card monthly and never have to look at a doctor's bill. Wonder how much my HSG cost... curious now! I would have canceled too Titi! Your OB should do everything they can under regular insurance, so long as you have a nice and caring doctor. Hope there is lots he/she can do for you. :hugs: My tests have been through a Gyno.

To be honest I agree with abster, SS always just turned out to be IPS for me.

What is IPS Lilaala? It is VERY interesting to me that your gyno told you that lots of women get pg within a few months of their HSG. So you had yours in June?

IPS: "Imaginary Pregnancy Symptoms" :dohh:

Yup, he said it flushes out the tubes and that it's common to get pregnant after. My HSG was on May 12th.

morning ladies (good afternoon, evening or good night depending where in the world you all are)....

So many posts to catch up on - it will take me forever. Just want to say sorry for all the ladies who got their AF - i hate the cow!

Well I got a kidney/urinary infection on Tuesday night and I have been in agony since. Peeing blood last night and again this am so i have to collect antibiotics after lunch today. Such a nightmare cos sunday is Ov day and I know I said I was just gonna forget about the whole TTC thing for the next few months - well we all know thats easier said than done. So dont know what kind of effect these antibiotics will have on me and if it will disrupt Ov or if its bad to TTC while taking them etc. And I cant even DTD anyway cos its too painful. Bloody nightmare.

I am so sorry hun :hugs: Wish there was some magic pill for this. Wish I could be more helpful. :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Reba - that sounds painful and uncomfortable. Hope you feel better with the meds. :hug:

Lilaala - IPS - I like it.

Oh Reba! I really hope that clears up soon. Try not to worry about the TTC side affects, just feel better soon, ok?

I've already posted my sympathies for Titi on a couple of other threads, but I just can't say it enough. I find it easier to root for other women, especially those that have had a tougher time of it. But I also get more disappointed for them. That just straight up sucks Titi. Really hope a summer break and talking with your gynie about further testing will be soothing for your soul.

IPS is really good Lilaala - I like that better than SS : )

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->