LTTTC # 1 w/o Assisted teammates needed!!!!

Titi- that's wonderful news!

Reba - glad to hear that the infection has cleared

Whit & sweetpea :hi:

Lilaala - Thanks, it is VERY frustrating.

I'm at CD22 and no sign of ov...I am totally fed up at this point. My temps are low, my opk test lines are slightly dark but not positive and I've been spotting red blood for about 5 days. I don't know what to make of it and quite frankly, I thought I had seen all the variations over the last 2 years 4 months but this is new. Lucky me ](*,)

That's good news titi :hugs:
There's a bit of a UTI club on this thread - but i ain't joining it! FX. I have a bit of a chest infection instead. Throwing litres of tea tree oil at it and will get something from QIng when I go to acu tomorrow. Having a sick day today, cherst feels heavy and wheezy.

Soy seems to be working.... ewcm appeared yesterday, CD10! Earliest ever! Just have to remember to BD - still feels better than it used to, but I'm not spending my days gagging for it IYKWIM.

SOunds promising Lillaala, even if it turns out that all you have is a better LP it's good news (but obviously we'd rather it was a BFP :thumbup:).

Dee, that sounds weird - what are you going to do? DO you think you need to see your doctor or are you going to wait it out? The only thing that jumps out at me is very low progesterone, but I am absolutely no expert. Not surprised you're fed up - particularly when you think you've seen it all :hugs:

How is everybody?
Abi x

awwwwwwwwww Dee! : ( Our stupid disagreeable bodies!!!!!!

Abs-sorry about the chest infection-yuck. IDK what w/ the UTI's-haven't had one in maybe a decade! DO think for sure it is somehow bsf related. :blush:

I hope the soy works for you-I did it for two cycles with no avail...........

Hey anyone heard of the new book "If at first you don't conceive"? They were talking about it on The Drs. the other morn.

Abi, that's what I'm thinking too and was wondering this morning if I should call the Dr.

It is scaring me, at first I thought it was ovulation spotting but no ovulation so far. Don't want to go to the Drs and then it's nothing but I'm wondering if it's going to be an annovulatory cycle. The only thing I did differently this month is I took robitussin. I wish I could just forget about this whole thing.

awwwwwwwwww Dee! : ( Our stupid disagreeable bodies!!!!!!

Abs-sorry about the chest infection-yuck. IDK what w/ the UTI's-haven't had one in maybe a decade! DO think for sure it is somehow bsf related. :blush:

I hope the soy works for you-I did it for two cycles with no avail...........

Hey anyone heard of the new book "If at first you don't conceive"? They were talking about it on The Drs. the other morn.

Never heard of it...what's their advice/view ?

not sure it was brief and I admit the main part of the story was a couple who had 3 IVF children-but did mention DHEA for egg quality.

R U going to call Dr.?

never heard of that book but i did read "a few good eggs" which had me rolling on the floor and crying all at once and it was filled with great advice> my favorite of which was the comebacks for insensitive people who keep asking why you dont have a baby yet my favorite response was "im SO glad you asked! we are actually having a hard time of it! what would you like to talk about first? my cervical mucus quality or (insert oh's name)'s sperm count???" :haha::haha::haha:

I called and spoke with the nurse. She is unable to say more without an ultrasound or blood tests but we spoke about different scenarios. My progesterone / estrogen could be really low so my lining is being broken down and this could be an annovulatory cycle with the spotting being the "period". We can either wait and see what happens or do u/s and blood tests to determine. I can tell that she feels I'm getting nowhere so she is now anxious for me to proceed with the HSG.

I'm going to wait and see what happens by next week and if nothing happens I'll make a decision on the next step.

never heard of that book but i did read "a few good eggs" which had me rolling on the floor and crying all at once and it was filled with great advice> my favorite of which was the comebacks for insensitive people who keep asking why you dont have a baby yet my favorite response was "im SO glad you asked! we are actually having a hard time of it! what would you like to talk about first? my cervical mucus quality or (insert oh's name)'s sperm count???" :haha::haha::haha:

There I was feeling so down and I see your post and :rofl:. Thanks for that!

aw Dee-:hugs:

Thanks Mrs.-that WAS super funny! I love it!!!

Dee, pleased you spoke to the nurse and that she's keen to do stuff for you :flower: Seeing what happens over the weekend and deciding next week seems a good idea :flower: Have you ever tried traditional chinese medicine? Sorry, I should remember this. I can't recommend it enough. If you're not sure about it, you could do much worse than buying Randine Lewis's book, The Infertility Cure. You can get it really cheap, 2nd-hand on amazon. It might give you some answers, as it has a really useful questionnaire you can use to help diagnose yourself in TCM terms. It explains TCM really well and has lots of case studies. It also provides thorough dietary guidelines (diet can make a hell of a difference and it makes some surprising suggestions) for each diagnosis as well as advice on supplements. Mrs. M, would you consider it? It's effective 99%-ish of the time unless there's a mechanical problem and will always have a diagnosis for you when the only answer conventional medicine can give you is unexplained infertility. Try it! Might really help you.

Mrs, loved that quote. I've read some of it myself on a website.

Titi, what does your cycle do? How long? When do you ov and what is your LP length generally? You have quite normal cycles don't you? I don't remember you having a short LP or ovulating too late, or am I wrong?
What did your Doc say about the BSF by the way? My chest is much better today and my temp has gone down a long way. I've not heard of that book you mentioned.
Abi x

Hi Abi,

Thanks for the advice, I do own the book and I have found parts of it very helpful. I've tried going through the questionnaire but didn't get very far. I've also had one session of Accupuncture but didn't continue for various reasons. The person I went to didn't explain anything much so I have no idea what / if any diagnosis was made. It was more like this : Oh, you are trying to get pregnant, this is what we'll do...very generic, none of the questions like what they ask in the book. I imagine I would have to go to one in the Randine Lewis network to be diagnosed properly.

Anyway, I am still hoping to Ov since I am getting EWCM.

Busy weekend ahead for me, what's everyone doing.

Reba - fingers crossed for this cycle.

Titi - hope you're doing well.

I see Jaime is taking a break.

Hi Ms. M , Lilaala and everyone else.

Guess what?

I've finally got a positive OPK:happydance::happydance:. I am so happy, it is my last OPK too!! Wish me luck girls!

Here's hoping this is the lucky cycle after all of that waiting :happydance:.

Dee, pleased you spoke to the nurse and that she's keen to do stuff for you :flower: Seeing what happens over the weekend and deciding next week seems a good idea :flower: Have you ever tried traditional chinese medicine? Sorry, I should remember this. I can't recommend it enough. If you're not sure about it, you could do much worse than buying Randine Lewis's book, The Infertility Cure. You can get it really cheap, 2nd-hand on amazon. It might give you some answers, as it has a really useful questionnaire you can use to help diagnose yourself in TCM terms. It explains TCM really well and has lots of case studies. It also provides thorough dietary guidelines (diet can make a hell of a difference and it makes some surprising suggestions) for each diagnosis as well as advice on supplements. Mrs. M, would you consider it? It's effective 99%-ish of the time unless there's a mechanical problem and will always have a diagnosis for you when the only answer conventional medicine can give you is unexplained infertility. Try it! Might really help you.

Mrs, loved that quote. I've read some of it myself on a website.

Titi, what does your cycle do? How long? When do you ov and what is your LP length generally? You have quite normal cycles don't you? I don't remember you having a short LP or ovulating too late, or am I wrong?
What did your Doc say about the BSF by the way? My chest is much better today and my temp has gone down a long way. I've not heard of that book you mentioned.
Abi x

I will check into the book at mckays (used books, cds, and dvds in chattanooga TN) the next time i go! im ALL about changing things through diet, i just have a hard time considering it because my husband is SUCH a picky eater that i have to cook 2 meals after ive worked all day if im on any kind of diet that limits breads, pastas, meats, or startchy veggies (IE any diet that actually does any good lol) BUT he will be leaving in a little over a month for his basic training...so i will be alone and i can eat whatever i want so it would be a good time to change my diet and watch my body bc ill know im not preggo (if i dont get preggo before then that is) and i can monitor the changes in my body.

Good plan, Mrs. M :flower:

Yay ewcm Dee! We're at ruughly the same place in our cycles - I'm cd12 and will ov in the next couple of days (I hope).
The practitioner you went to doesn't sound very helpful, Dee - it's really important to explain to somebody what you're doing to them, don't you think? She should at least have given you your diagnosis! Although if she didn't talk to you about it it would have been difficult to know. Did she check your tongue or your pulse? That's vital too. You wouldn't need to go to a Randine place necessarily (although I like the sound of her treatment centres), just somebody who's qualified to treat infertility - they should be up-front about that. Sorry you didn't have a good experience :hugs: Why not have another crack at the questionnaire in the book?

Abi x

hi abster! we are the exact same almost (23rd month, im cd 11 though!) how cool, well not really bc we are not preggo, but ya know! better than being lonely!!! :thumbup:

went to mckays and didnt find the book, i have 2 other used book stores to check and then i will hit amazon.com... excited to have another route to take and thinking about the diet plan is making me excited...im ready to read already!

Abi x

Hey Abs-My cycle is boringly (but good!) consistant. 26-28 days with ov cd11-13-14 day LP and light to medium af with mild cramping/symptoms for about 3-4 days. I've had cd21 tests before showing I'm ovulating with excellent progesterone levels and egg reserves. Also-with a 40 million count 49% motility my DH's sperm is as bad as I thought before-even though it could be better. Can't imagine what is wrong but guess I'll know more at Hsg.

Both the Dr. and the nurse I mentioned BSF too seemed amused by it more than anything else. They kind of smirked and told me not to do it again. Didn't say whether it could have caused my UTI or if it could be of ttc help.

Glad you are feeling better!!!! Miso soup for you!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->