LTTTC # 1 w/o Assisted teammates needed!!!!

Hey Dee-yay for ewcm-hopefully that sets you at some ease that you are not having an anovulatory cycle! :hugs:

yay Dee - glad you Ov'd - hope your getting/got plenty of :sex: done this cycle. I relly hope this is the one for you too.

:thumbup:

Good Morning to All,

Had a busy weekend with friends/family, really enjoyed it but unfortunately wasn't able to temp Sat/Sun and this morning temp was still low so I guess I haven't oved. I may have spoken too soon.

Hope everyone had a good weekend.

Okay so i got the infertility cure book today and i am flabbergasted! i cannot believe that this isnt where they START when you have fertility issues...i mean it makes total sense to me to FIX the problems in your body by restoring the bodys natural systems before you go all invasive you know???

according to my quizzes i am :
liver Qi (chee) stagnant
heart deficient
spleen deficient
and i have dampness

the diet is unbelieveable! i dont know how im ever going to do it. ill HAVE to wait until OH leaves or he will starve! i practically have to become a vegan, really!
for spleen qi dif.-
do not over eat
avoid foods with preservative or chemicals
sit down when you eat
eat frequently
use spices to move oyur Qi (peppermint, rosemary,spearmint,tumeric, thyme)
chew your food well
no alcohol
co caffiene
take zinc
exercize
dont harbor fear or resentment
laugh (alot)
breath deeply

for liver qi stagnation-

do not eat hormonally treated animal products
consume mostly organic vegitables, cooked!
do not eat raw or cold foods
no icecream, or popsicles :)cry: my fav!)
avoid entergetically cold foods (cucumbers, watermelon, pears, spinich)
no refined carbs (pastas or breads IE white flours)
DO EAT grains like rice, oats and soughum
eat yams pumpkin and pumpkin seeds
eat chicken, goosem rabbit, and mackeral
eat cherries, coconut, dates, figs, grapes, molasses, potatoes, and stitake mushrooms (i only like potatoes and grapes out of these)
no sugar or substitutes
no fruit juices
no milk or milk products
rest well

for heart dificiency-
avoid coffee, caffiene, stimulants, and tobacco
include blood norishing foods like beets, beans, and corn (hey i DO eat CORN :dohh:)
rest and relax each day
perform gong techinques for quieting the spirit
listen to meditative tapes before bed

for dampness-

no greasy fried foods
no sugar
no sweets
no fruit juice
no carbs
no milk or dairy
light on the soy products
avoid wheat
no bananas, chocolate, or nuts
eat drying foods (parsley, raddishes, carrotsm cabbage, cranberries)
eat green vegitables

Alot if this is confusing to me because some of the things one list says i should be eating is something i shouldnt be eating on another, so i am going to assume that anything that is on a list not to eat it i cant have it! this is going to take some serious willpower!!!!
i havent even looked at the list of suppliments i will need to take. I cant believe how many catigories i fit into, NO WONDER I AM NOT PREGNANT!

Hey Mrs. M - you can see why I go on and on about the book now! It's a real eye-opener isn't it? It can seem a bit daunting at first but it'll get easier as you become accustomed to the changes in your diet. Oh - when you ttyped everything out you mixed up the liver qi stagnation and spleen qi deficiency diets.
You might find that some of the foods don't affect you - for example, I already eat soya as I'm veggie and have quite a bit of tofu, so I've kept it in my diet and my dampness is still going - but definitely it's a good idea not to add something to your diet that you're warned not to have for one condition it it's recommended as something to eat for another condition, if you follow me.

I was diagnosed with cold uterus (gone now), dampness (much better), spleen qi deficiency (really improving now) and spleen qi deficiency (also improving a lot) - all 3 were seriously, awfully weak. The most useful thing you can do with spleen deficiency and dampness is give up dairy and wheat. I use soya millk and buy breads and crispbreads etc made with other grains (corn, spelt, rye for example). Oat and rice milk are supposed to be very good too. You can get loads of gluten-free pastas too and health food shops do loads of meat substitutes you might want to try (but go easy on the dairy and wheat content). I foudn that when I dropped bananas and nuts form my diet it really helped the damp too.

Check out my TCM thread - the really useful TCM thread - there are lots of us on there and we discuss all sorts. I forced most of them to buy the book too, just by going on about it! It helps to have some support with it.

Titi, I thought your cycle was pretty normal but just wanted to check. Its great that your OH is doing so much better now too. I think doing BSF might have amused your nurse and doctor somewhat!

I ov'd on cd 15 - my earliest ever!!

Hey girls :hugs:

Hey Abi - cant believe you Ov'd on CD15 - the Soy is def doing its job then. Hope this is the month for you :thumbup:

Mrs Mabrey, you're really diligent and so inspiring, maybe I will take a look at the book again. One of the main things seems to be no/low - sugar, dairy, wheat and refined carbs. I have been loosely following such a diet for a while. The most difficult part for me is reducing carbs/wheat.

Abi - wow, soy and maca seem to be your magic combo, wishing you luck this cycle.

Reba - how are you doing?

Titi - hope everything is alright.

Hey Dee - hows things? Did you Ov yet? Bummer your temp was still low after getting the EWCM.

Im fine - 8 or 9DPO today - not counting so what ever it says on my ticker below is close enough. No feelings of anything - no signs/symptoms etc - more than likely out again this month - dont feel very hopeful anymore!

Found out another friend is 12 weeks pregnant at the weekend - im v happy for her cos she MC last year but as usual im sad for myself. All i need this weekend is to find out another friend is pregnant (she has been trying since Feb). Of course ill be happy for her too but sad for me! :nope:

Hey Reba, just found your journal and posted there as well. I'm doing okay, temp went up to 97.6 this morning so am hoping it stays up, my usual coverline is 97.4.

Yesterday I checked my FB (which I hardly ever do) and the first thing I saw was a school friend's newborn, the baby's pretty cute but I yearn for my time.

yeah Dee - just saw your post on my journal - thanks - i dont have too many followers!!!

We will have our own babies some day soon to show off on FB - i cant wait to post that Im pregnant and to see the scans and just go through the whole thing (minus the sore delivery of course) but it will be so great to finally be going through what everyone else seems to be going though so easily!

Yay for higher temps too - hope thats Ov!

Hey guys :flower:
I really miss cheese Dee but wheat is a pain because sandwiches are really easy and non-wheat breads just dont' have the correct consistency for sandwiches. Can's have pies either, or cakes - made some banana and honey cakes for #1's bday and even those are off limits coz they have wholemeal flour in. Still! It'll be worth it in the end - this has become my mantra (along with muttered ones about everyone else being too fertile!).
Abi x

It will be so worth it! My diet isn't too stringent but I definitely try to be healthy. I drink alot more water and have cut out soft drinks, juices and sweeteners. I rarely drink alcohol. I do have a sweet tooth though, that sometimes gets the better of me. I feel better when I drink a cup of green tea in the mornings but I cut it out because I read something on it inhibiting folic acid absorption. I couldn't find anything that said if one cup is okay.

Hope everyone's doing okay. BTW I think I'm 2dpo today and I'm very happy about that! I've also finally started a journal in the LTTC section so lots happening with me :)

Won't it just! We're both 2dpo. Have you tried peppermint tea? I really like it and it's great for the digestion.

hey ladies! long day at work today, the other manager was sick so i had to send her home and fill her schedule in :wacko: hopefully i dont get sick with whatever stomach bug she has because i will be livid if i dont OV on time this cycle! (should be tomorrow or friday! :winkwink:)
I talked to OH about the TCM last night and told him all about the diet/herbs/accupuncture etc etc and he would be alot more comfortable with my doing all of this if i were to go see a liscensed TCM doctor in our area, did some searching on the board of certified TCMMD website and found a doc in my area (well sortof... 40 minutes drive) with great reviews. shot him an email and this is what i got in response
Jessica,

I frequently recommend that book to patients though I always caution them to not expect to understand it all. As you probably figured out Chinese medicine treats the individual after a thorough intake and evaluation. The treatment is based on what is going on with you each time you visit. Herbal formulas are changed accordingly.

I have treated many women for fertility issues whose therapies have ranged from natural to in vitro. Many more of them have become pregnant than have not. I always tell them we are just trying to clear the condition keeping them from getting pregnant. Your success will depend on a lot of factors that we have not discussed so I can make no predictions about you individually.

My initial office visit is $125 and that appointment will last from 1.5 to 2 hours. Follow-up appointments are $80, though I do offer packages that can bring that cost down to $65. Herbs are about $50-60 per month. I try to be conscious of your financial situation, though I encourage you to come for 4-5 visits the first month and two to three the following two months (if needed). Once again, this is determined by your current health picture. Treatment can be used in conjunction with any western treatments you are receiving.

Thanks,

David

David S. Tharp

Licensed Acupuncturist

White Tortoise Acupuncture

3898 Dayton Blvd.

Red Bank, TN 37415"

SO...this guy seems to be really legit and i see no reason not to see him except for cost, which OH and i have discussed and really when you consider the cost of IVF/IUI and all that isnt too much...i really looked around and i only found maybe 1 other place who does accupuncture cheaper, and i couldnt find a record of their certification so im not going down that rd. So i guess i will be making an app. with "david" in a few weeks. i am going to go on my cruise and enjoy the time i have left with my husband before he leaves, and then hit this thing hard and use the next few cycles without him here to work on getting myself into the best possible health and prepare for baby! Do you think its too expesive though? do these prices seem high or no? opinions please!!!!
"

Mrs. M - that's great that he sounds like he can help. The cost does add up fairly quickly though.

Good Morning All,

Abi, I do like peppermint tea and sometimes have a cup in the evenings. For some reason, never thought of it as a morning drink lol...will do that.

Hey Jessica, I'm impressed at your get-up-and-go and your attitude about using the time when your partner is away to get your body balanced and ready to try again once he's here. Go you! I'm really excited that you are going this route. Yes it can seem expensive - your doc's prices seem about average - but the all-round health benefits of TCM on top the benefits for your fertility make it well worth it. You just have to be willing to follow the guidelines p which you clearly are :thumbup: DO you have strong willpower? It really helps - adn it's only since I started this and witnessed other women's difficulties in keeping to the regime (for want of a better word) that I realised just how strong mine is. I'm always here to help you with it :hugs:

Titi, here I am hijacking your thread again....! How you doing?

That's the way, Dee - stock up on peppermint :thumbup:

Hey girls!
Abi x

with my husband gone ill have to have something to concentrate on or ill go insane! so im going to use this as my vice for staying in control of myself while he is gone. I have strong will power but when hubby is around it is so hard because he WILL NOT diet with me or if he does it has to be "low carb" and we eat nothing but meat and im sick for days and miserable. he doesnt eat anything raw and almost no veggies so him being gone will make this whole thing alot easier, and i will be living with my parents so buying the things that i need to keep going will be one of my only expenses!:thumbup: If this is what i have to do to get pregnant then so be it, after reading what they do to you when you have ivf/iui i was terrified, and this is alot less scary than that.

Hi All-
Abi-you aren't hijaking at all and its OUR thread :hugs:........I've enjoyed catching up-I've been out straight again with work which is why I probably have never gotten around to getting that book tho I've been hearing about it since Nov!

Mrs.-the cost/treatment plan is exactly in line with what I was paying the 6+/- months I did accupuncture last year. Yes it is expensive, but you are right it is drop in bucket compared to just ONE round of IVF.

I think I am around 2dpo also! Haven't been keeping track at all this cycle as we are officially on a break from ttc, but it's hard to ignore the throbbing heavy BBs I get as soon as I ovulate. Just counting down the days to HSG-hubby is coming and excited about seeing the live results with radiologist.

well, time to rest from long day/week. sorry if I missed anything

Mrs. M - sounds like a very practical plan. When do you start the acu?

Titi - we may end up doing the HSG around the same time then since I'm doing mine next cycle.

Abi - I've been on rigid diet and exercise plan in the past with no luck so I relaxed it a bit but it does take alot of willpower and you do have to keep telling yourself the reason for it all.

:hi: to every one else

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->