LTTTC # 1 w/o Assisted teammates needed!!!!

Discussion in 'TTC Buddies' started by Titi, Apr 21, 2010.

1. RebaRezzelba

RebaRezzelba Michael (DH) & Matthew

Whit - just wrote in your journal too - again so sorry. :hugs:

2. Dee7509

Dee7509 Well-Known Member

Hi Girls,

CD2 today so will be calling to make that appointment for the HSG this morning.

3. RebaRezzelba

Yay Dee - have you called for the HSG yet? Hope they can do it sooner rather than later.

CD9 for me - approx 7 days til Ov (if it stays the same with Clomid).

Titi - no side effects what so ever so far - the odd hot flash but that could be the weather here at the moment - its very muggy - one minute suns out the next there is a hail shower - lovely irish weather!!! Im taking 50mgs this cycle and see what the scan says on friday (I hope it doesnt mess with my Ov too much).

4. Dee7509

HSG is all set for the 18th of August. I'm nervous about it.

5. Whitbit22

Whitbit22 Proud Mommy

Well thats my birthday! Everything HAS to be good. :winkwink:

Lots of luck hun.. take some OTC meds 2 -3 hours before.. Some of that stuff takes a while to kick in. I still felt it even with the meds but it only lasted for me for a couple of minutes.

6. RebaRezzelba

Good luck Dee - its not too bad - just a bit uncomfortable. Def take some painkillers a few hrs before had, they help a bit. Hope the outcome is good too which im sure it will be!!! :thumbup:

7. Dee7509

Thanks girls, I hope hope hope it goes well. HAs anyone seen Abi around?

8. Titi

Titi Stepmom/Trying to Adopt

Hi-CD1 here-HSG scheduled for next Tues. 8/17 at 2pm

9. abster

abster See you later!

I'm here! Sorry, I've been either busy or preoccupied since I last posted - although I did come and lurk on here yesterday for a little while, to catch up with everybody.

First of all - Whit, I'm so very sorry you miscarried. :hugs: It seems like a particularly terrible thing to happen when you've been trying for so long. I hope you and your OH feel like you can come through it and keep going. You're in my thoughts xx

Titi and Dee, good luck with your HSGs :flower:
    Glad you're finding the clomid easy going Reba - and I'm really pleased to hear that it means you'll be taking it a bit easy.. whatever it takes to help your willpower! Fingers crossed for you :flower:

As for me...
    My OH and I are off to see our GP on Friday morning for our S/A and CD4 & CD21 results. Every so often I get irrationally scared that I'm going to be told that my ovaries have wandered off or something, despite the fact I ovulate every cycle, meaning that it's game over. It's not just me that thinks like that, is it?!
    A heavily pregnant friend of mine, who knows all about my experiences over the last 23 cycles, texted me last week to ask me if I could drive her to her midwife appointment. WTF??!! What is wrong with people?! Yeah, I've spent nearly 2 years trying and failing to get pregnant - I'd love to come along and listen to your baby. She's always been a bit insensitive, that's just the way she is, but this really upset me for a little while. And no, I didn't take her. I'm having enough trouble dealing with pregnant friends at our children's birthday parties - and there was another one this sunday just gone.

Thursday I went to memorial service for my auntie - she died in France, where she lived with my uncle, and he came over for the service, organised by one of my aunties. It was lovely to see my uncle again, if under very sad circumstances, and quite an emotional day on and off. Then, about half ten at night, AF arrived (excuse me, but brown and gungy). I went downstairs to get my mooncupfrom my bag and foudn a text message from my friend who had her IVF twins by C-section at 34 weeks, last week, because one of them was ill. They're both still in hospital - one of them's in a cot, drinking expressed milk but the other has water in his lungs and isn't producing white blood cells. (I spoke to her mum at the party at the weekend - She's in pieces, as you can imagine, but luckily she and her partner have been able to move in with her parents, who are looking after their daughter, #1's friend, whilst Tracey and Joe are at the hospital every day. Luckily their 3-year-old is completely unaffected by it and is just excited that she has 2 brothers.) So, I went to bed disappointed that AF was here and thanking my lucky stars I'm not going through Tracey's nightmare.

Woke up the next morning thought and it hit me that my LP was only 9/10 days again and I just felt crappy and really upset all day. By the end fo the day, when #1 had been a nightmare and I'd been crying on and off, I was beginning to think I was unravelling. Felt a bit better emotionally the following day (saturday), which was acu day. Qing asked me how I was and I almost cried on her, FFS. She was very good and spent a while talking things though with me - includin reminding me that CD1 is when you get full red flow. Obviously, because AF arrived late at night I didn't get that til the friday, so my LP was in fact 10/11 days - and we decided on 11, with ov on cd14, after looking at and discussing my chart. So I left feeling disappointed at another cycle but slightly "Hurrah!". Sorry, am I waffling?!

10. RebaRezzelba

Morning all,

Titi - glad the HSG appointment came through for you too. You and Dee are having them a day apart - hope its good news for both of ya's! :thumbup:

Abi - sounds like you've been having an emotional few days. But dont fret too much about the shorter LP - at least Ov has come forward to CD14 - im sure a 10/11 day LP is fine - implantation can start at 7DPO!!! Maybe another few months on the MACA will balanace it all out.

Nothing to report from me - absolutely no effects from the Clomid (which is making me think is it working at all!!!!). 2 days until my scan - i nearly feel like cancelling it cos im having no feelings of Ov or anything. And also I have been saving myself for a wax session before my holiday so its like a forest down there and I didnt want to wax too early (holiday on the 23rd) but if I go for this scan on friday (13th) im gonna have to do something (totally mortified if I dont). I know they wont be looking up there too much but still........ :dohh:

11. Dee7509

Hey Abi & Titi - sorry about af :hugs:

Titi - my HSG is scheduled the day after yours. Good Luck!

Abi - Sorry about your Aunt.

Good to hear about your 10/11 day LP. Mine was 13 last year and has been 12 days for the last few cycles. I don't know why it has changed.

I'm trying the maca this cycle. Hope it does something.

Reba - forest :haha:

12. Dee7509

Oh Abi, good luck at the docs and let us know how it goes. :hugs:

13. RebaRezzelba

Dee - forest is putting it lightly.... more like a jungle!!!! :haha: :haha: :haha:

14. Jaimie2Eyes

Jaimie2Eyes sex makes babies?!

Hey gals! I've been taking a break but all the talk about HSGs has got me excited. And I wanted to come on and offer my condolences to Whit :hugs: I truly can't imagine after such a long, hard time trying :hugs:

My HSG is today :shock: Reba, you had one last month? And Titi and Dee have theirs next week :happydance:

Dee - I really like the maca. I feel like it gives me an energy boost and after my second cycle of taking it I've definitely noticed a slight boost in my libido too.

Abi - sorry your pg friend was being so inconsiderate! I feel for ya, my friend that started trying at the same time as me asked me to knit several things for her baby that is now 3 months old. Sometimes that feels rude but I love knitting baby stuff so much that for the most part it doesn't bother me. Mostly it only chaffs me when I'm really hurting for one of my own :baby:

Hang in there gals!

15. Titi

Titi Stepmom/Trying to Adopt

Hi girls

Abi-sorry your a little out of sorts. I know all too well the fear of "game over".....and it is always so much harder to bear during af.

Reba-Don't worry about your forest hun! I have heard the bush is making a comeback. Lol. I am slightly embarrassed myself.......my dh actually likes them and has made me grow it and I am under strict orders not to touch. Sorry for the TMI. Same thing tho-I was getting embarrassed about HSG and then realized they have seen soooooooooooo many they probably really don't even think twice about them! Also I truthfully felt "too naked" before esp. if there was a male Dr.-at least the forest gives you more privacy lol!!!!

I am dealing with this af better than ever. I didn't expect to be pg on this break (although it would have been nice if all those annoying people were right and that was all it took) and maybe it is just the new hope of hsg, but this was the first time in over a year I didn't get the least bit emotional about it. I just need my life back.

Good luck Jaimie!!!!

Hugs Whit.

16. RebaRezzelba

Jaimie - good luck with the HSG today (or was it yesterday?). Hope it went/goes well.... :thumbup:

Titi - glad your feeling okay this cycle - I was the same the cycle of my HSG cos I knew it was coming up and it was gonna give me some answers and it just made me feeling better knowing I was being proactive with the whole TTC carry on and moving forward a bit.

And as for the bush.... I'll just trim it back a bit (I'll get the strimmer out of the garage.... hahahaha) - or might need the big industrial lawnmower!!!! :haha:

Im getting some CM at the moment - its watery so far - no EWCM yet. And have the odd twinge in ovaries. You can Ov any time from 5 days after your last clomid pill which is today and up until 9 days which is the 17th so i guess its time to get down to business!!!! :sex: - i will start OPK'ing this evening too just to make sure I dont miss it.

17. Whitbit22

Whitbit22 Proud Mommy

I'm excited for all you girls getting hsg's too! :happydance:

Reba on the mowing... :rofl: How you doing hun? Good luck with Bding!

Abi.. How do you STOP yourself? Cant believe how insensitive some people are.. :hugs:

And me.. I'm doing better than I thought I would.. although I don't appreciate having to leave the house today for an important appointment due to the fact that I'm like a dying cow bleeding to death. :roll:

18. Dee7509

Jaime - Hope you're doing well. Let us know how the HSG went when you're able.

Titi - I'm glad you're feeling more optimistic.

Reba - Don't know if it's the same with you but my Doc usually dims the lights for an ultrasound so don't worry too much about the ...ah....jungle :haha:

Whit - Massive hugs hun.

Abi - :hi:

For all the ladies who have had or are having HSGs, what painkillers did you use / are you using for the HSG? I have to call the clinic but would love to hear what you say.

Yesterday, I was told (by the Receptionist) that it's non invasive and there's no need for painkillers but I distinctly remember being told by the nurse (previously) that I should take something before. SO, now I have to call back and speak to the Nurse.

:happydance:It's nice to see all our "members" back online, it's nicer when we're all around :flower:

19. RebaRezzelba

Hi Dee - dont think they do any light dimming here - but I know they dont look too much so ill be fine with a wee trim!!!

As for the painkillers I took 2 ibuprofen (Nuerofen tablets) about an hr and half before the procedure. I was suppose to take 2 paracetamol about a half hr before but I had none and didnt have time to go to chemist. I wish I did now cos it was pretty uncomfortable - but I dont know if the extra tablets would of helped much. Even though its a non-invasive procedure its still recommended to take some painkillers prior to it. :thumbup:

20. Jaimie2Eyes

Jaimie2Eyes sex makes babies?!

Hi ladies!

Whit ~ it is so sweet of you to be excited about our HSGs. It seems like it might be bittersweet for you. I'm sorry you have to go out when you aren't feeling up to it. Really hope everything passes soon and that your cycles get back to normal.

Dee ~ I took 600 mg of ibuprophen two hours before the HSG. My doc also prescribed on vallium for me that I took one hour before. DH and I have to take a week's worth of antibiotics just in case there is an infection.

Reba ~ I definitely trimmed and shaved my legs yesterday morning! Just made me feel like I had done my due dilligence : )

Titi ~ I LOVE your story about being under strict orders not to touch it!