LTTTC/Assisted Conception - Due Autumn/Winter 2012

Mrs. Bear - Wow, almost triplets! I guess you can't really go on beta #'s since they seem to vary so much. I was begging dr to transfer a 3rd but he refused. He said bc the 2 transferred were good quality, there would be no reason to transfer a 3rd. He said only if all were low quality would they transfer 3. Glad you will find out the sex of them so we will know early too :)

Kiseki - Strong hb is a great sign. Is there anything you/we can do to assist in growth like drinking a lot of milk? I haven't done much research on it but will soon.

Love everyone's names. I might be adding an L to make it Ariel Rose & stealing it. I love it! I liked Bianca for a girl but dh hates it. Having trouble with boys names too.

Urchin - I wasn't told my due date (when do they tell us?) but I looked it up online & it said December 4th so I'm not sure.

Marie, I used an online calculator for ivf (since with ivf we are a couple days ahead of natural bfp) and it gave me this as your DD:

Singleton Due Date: December 03, 2012
Twins By Ave Gestation: November 11, 2012

It is here. So it looks like Dec 3! Or earlier if it's twins! :D

I love hearing all the names too.

Sarah, the other way I looked at spelling Kieran was Ciaran. My FIL thought I was nuts when I told him it was a traditional Irish way to spell it. He wants a boy to be named Liam. I love the name, but it is like #1 on the top 10 names right now. Also, I have a nephew named Liam so it is out regardless. He is still pouting. He doesn't like my names.

oh Kiseki definitely saying a prayer for you [-o<[-o<[-o<
how much smaller was bub measuring? I hear in the first trimester its easy for measurements to be wrong. hearing a strong HB cuts your risks down to a low %, so lets keep the hope. on my scan that saw a small sc hematoma which is always worrying, but midwife wasnt worried and said most fix themselves. so all I can do is wait till next scan.

Sarah, these things certainly test our nerves don't they?! I hope that the hematoma is long gone by the time you have your next scan. Hematoma, be gone!!! xx

Kiseki she didnt seem worried so Im trying not to. have my midwife apt next week, but its nothing that interesting. 5-6 weeks till my next scan. Im soooo temped to go have a private one done but I'll try and be good :dohh:

I'm in that seemingly endless vortex of not knowing whether things are ok. Had my follow-up scan today. The HB was great at 140, but the bean is very small! Doc says that it can catch up in size, and she gives it about 50:50 (I hate odds!!) I do believe that I implanted late, so I'm going to hold on to that and the strong HB I saw again today. ANOTHER scan Monday week, but on a high grade system so it'll be super duper clear. ](*,)

Please say a little prayer!!
Saying a prayer for you, like everyone else has said. Try to remain calm and not over worry about it. :thumbup:
Everyone who needs Easter eggs done their shopping yet? I have to do a rush shop today.
Umm...no!!!! I have GOT to get that done tomorrow!!! Eh, just so blaming tired these days. I put everything off. I have 2 piles of clean laundry laying in the living room floor since yesterday!
Kiseki she didnt seem worried so Im trying not to. have my midwife apt next week, but its nothing that interesting. 5-6 weeks till my next scan. Im soooo temped to go have a private one done but I'll try and be good :dohh:
Be good sarah! lol and remind me to when the situation is reversed! I ended up paying out of pocket for 3 scans when I was pregnant with DD. It's just so hard to wait :dohh:

I haven't been as bloated or sick today. I guess that's good. Makes me nervous though.

Love the name convo girls! So much fun!!!
We will be keeping in the 4 name tradition I started with my kiddo's I like a BIG LONG NAME LOL:haha:
Kids names now:
DS- Taylor Bryson Isaac (goes by Taylor)
DD- Erica Bryleigh-Parris (goes by Parris or Bryleigh-Parris)

We have 2 of the 3 names to pick out...

Girl- Journey Merci __?__ (maybe-Shyann or Kaydnz or Brooke)

Boys- Xander __?__ Nole (maybe-Brenton or Ethan or Gavin, I'm feeling the ending in an 'N' lol)

Hmmmm - shall I go for the 3rd or 4th December Marie??? Which do you fancy?

Kiseki - how about packing around your belly with compost? it's good for getting things growing in the garden, so maybe just maybe it works for babies too :rofl:

Marie - over here 2 is the maximum they will put back (and for anyone young with good embies it is often just one) Luckily for me they allowed 2 - as only one took and I shudder to think if it had been the 'other one' they transferred.

sarah - they are a worry, but most clear up by themselves ... and being just a small one gives a very good chance of it disappearing without causing any problems :thumbup:

I'm loving the names - we are also on an Irish tip ... Mr Urch is a Belfast boy and feels strongly that his child needs an Irish name. I think there are beautiful names from all places, so finding lovely Irish ones is no problem. It also seems fair as Eenie will take my surname.
I wasn't going to post names, but then I read the comment (sorry, can't remember who said it!) that no one here is in their close circle so what does it matter if someone else nicks it - and I thought yeah, that's true ... so here are mine:
Fintan Michael (the t is silent - so pronounced Finnan)
Aoife Grace (pronounced Ee-fa)

Other contenders (in case Eenie doesn't look like a Fintan or Aoife) are:
Lochlan Donal (Lock-lan)
Aine Niamh (awn-ya neeve)

oooh loving the irish names....urch I always wondered how Aoife was said!
those are all hard to pronounce names, do you worry the child going through life correcting people? thats something I think of but perhaps others dont. We had a Sinead, Siobhan and Niamh in my class at school that new teachers were always getting wrong. theres an actress called Saoirse Ronan that I had to look up to see how you pronounced it...its something like seer-sha!

klein love that you like long interesting names...Im the opposite and want just 2, where MIL was suggesting 3 and I was like but why!! Im also have Michael (Cieran Michael) after my late dad. I like the name Taylor but a friends kid is called that.

awwww its so fun thinking about names :cloud9:

Kiseki - we have Easter stuff already but keep having to get more because DH keeps eating all the candy :dohh:

Marie - yeah, you definitely can't count numbers based on betas. They are all over the place :shrug:. Our clinic bases number to transfer based on age. I could have done 3-4 embryos or 2-3 blasts based on quality. We did 5dt but only one was blast. The other two were late morulas so they advised transferring 3. No telling which of the 3 took. 3 more got to blast later but none were good enough to freeze so I guess quality is what took us to transferring 3.

I've thought of doing 3 names too but DH and I will be lucky to agree on one at this rate :wacko:

I'm not really that worried about it Sarah - they will get good at correcting people :thumbup:

Mrs Bear, you'll have to start practicing hiding the candy on DH first, to improve your technique for your little one's!!!

When I had my son 13 years ago, I couldn't narrow my fav pics down to less than 3 so 3 it was!

When I had a mc, with my husband that passed away, we had went thru names and picked out a boy name with 2 names and a girl name with 2. We couldn't really find any 3names that sounded and flowed well. After I found out I was pregnant I stuck with the names that we had choosed together and then decided to use his name Eric for Erica for my DD's first name. SO---this one naturally needs to follow the tradition. New DH was VERY against the 3 names at first, now he don't care since he got to choose some of the names.
Nole-Is short for his favorite college football team, Florida State SemiNOLES lol, he was happy to agree with anything after I agreed to that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good girl!! I have to step away from Google - please remind me to be good like you every now and again!

Saying a prayer for you, like everyone else has said. Try to remain calm and not over worry about it. :thumbup:
Everyone who needs Easter eggs done their shopping yet? I have to do a rush shop today.
Umm...no!!!! I have GOT to get that done tomorrow!!! Eh, just so blaming tired these days. I put everything off. I have 2 piles of clean laundry laying in the living room floor since yesterday!
Thanks Klein. I'm definitely feeling better than yesterday.:thumbup:

Kiseki - how about packing around your belly with compost? it's good for getting things growing in the garden, so maybe just maybe it works for babies too :rofl:

Teehee!! We think alike. I thought I'd buy some liquid fertiliser at the local nursery and just drink it!!:rofl::rofl:

Kiseki - we have Easter stuff already but keep having to get more because DH keeps eating all the candy :dohh:

Too cute!
Off to acupuncture now. It'll be one of those sessions where I fall asleep and start snoring!

Care - thanks for looking that up for me, i like that website, it tells you what is going on every week.

Mrs.bear - looks like you made the right call with transferring 3. I had no frosties either although the 3 remaining embies were really high quality?

Looks like it may be twins, the u/s showed 2 sacs. They'll know more next week if they hear 2 hbs. I guess hold off on a due date for me until i know how many. Looks like dh was right!

Congrats Marie that's exciting news? How many weeks are you? When is your next ultrasound??

Is anyone still experiencing cramping? I haven't in a while but today I started to again, I'm hoping it's nothing but just wondering if anyone else is still having them at 12 weeks +. I can't remember if I did with my last pregnancy. I stopped progesterone and estrogen yesterday, so I'm wondering if it has anything to do with that

Teta - i am 5 weeks 2 days i think. I have an u/s next thurs & he is hoping to detect 2 hbs & 2 fetal poles before sending me off to my ob/gyn. I wonder if i have to stay on the pio as long as you. I can't wait for it to be over. My back is black & blue. You must be happy to be done.

Oh I was on suppositories, not shots, so I hardly noticed having to take it. I feel so lucky after hearing all of the stories you girls have about the shots. Ugh! Prayers for next week!

Looks like it may be twins, the u/s showed 2 sacs. They'll know more next week if they hear 2 hbs. I guess hold off on a due date for me until i know how many. Looks like dh was right!

I thought it might be :happydance:

Marie-YAY! Tell your DH not to get a big head and rub it in that he was right lol. If that were my DH I would never hear the end of it haha.

TMI question...Grape juice, does it make your poop black in color?
I normally don't drink it but as I was strolling past it at the grocery store it caught my eye and the 'angels started singing' and it was surrounded by a light. So I got it and had a few glasses, then the black poop. It really disturbed me!!!! Poop isn't SUPPOSED to be black, is it??? Is this normal????
In all of my years of pooping I have never seen black :blush:

TMI question...Grape juice, does it make your poop black in color?
I normally don't drink it but as I was strolling past it at the grocery store it caught my eye and the 'angels started singing' and it was surrounded by a light. So I got it and had a few glasses, then the black poop. It really disturbed me!!!! Poop isn't SUPPOSED to be black, is it??? Is this normal????
In all of my years of pooping I have never seen black :blush:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:
I dont drink it so dont know sorry!
but I hear you on the angels singing, I feel that when I drink OJ. But it gives me heartburn. In fact Ive been soooooo thirsty this past week, hope I dont have Gestational diabetes, isnt being overly thirsty a symptom? like I wake up with a dry mouth and Im drinking all the time.

I am sorry, but I don't know about the grape juice and poop correlation either lol. I pretty much only drink water and the occasional smoothie.

Teta, I haven't had cramps so much as my uterus felt sore or tender. Sort of how it feels days before AF. I have had this feeling before, but not for weeks, maybe over a month. The feeling started last night and I am 12 weeks tomorrow.

Marie Congrats!!! Praying you get to see both HB next week. :)

AFM, today was my last day for my progesterone injections and suppositories! So glad that part is over, but nervous to stop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->